Old October 11, 2013, 08:33:40 PM

Default Reun Plays Pokemon X [Mostly Blind!]

It happened. :3

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pokemon X!.JPG
Views:	481
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	5429

Pokémon X! I arrived at Gamestop at around 10 PM to finalize my payment and then waited for the next 2 hours until I finally got the game. I wasted time by trying to encounter a shiny Metang in Black 2 (No, I didn't find one). There was a girl dressed up as a Fennekin, I thought it looked cute. There was also a random guy smoking weed in the line...yeah that was weird. xD

I would say around 100 people showed up for the midnight release at the Gamestop I went to. Oh, and I got a free Fennekin hat~ The Gamestop employees were giving out free cardboard hats of the X and Y starters. There were a lot more Froakie fans than I thought. :O My Fennekin hat didn't fit me though; either my head was too big or I had too much hair in the way. Oh, and the only reason the title of the thread is "Mostly Blind" is because some guys in the Gamestop line were talking about spoilers. >_> I tried tuning them out by using my earbuds while playing Black 2.

Either way, I'll be posting my progress through the game shortly! ^^

Last edited by Reuniclus; October 11, 2013 at 08:34:35 PM. Reason: Adding something
Old October 11, 2013, 09:50:30 PM

Just for future reference, I'm going to put everything in a spoiler tag so that I don't spoil anyone. I'll just put the number of badges I have at the top before doing anything.

Badges: 0

Spoiler    
Well the introduction was plain amazing to say the least.  I chose the blonde character to start out with. I also have to get used to being able to move in 8 directions instead of 4. The 3D in this game is also quite good. After wandering around a bit, I met up with a couple of my friends in the game. Fun fact...Big D is my actual nickname IRL, so seeing them suggest this to me was pretty shocking. 

Name:	1. My...IRL nickname.JPG
Views:	471
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	5440

I got my starter Pokémon; a Fennekin. ^^

Name:	1. Meet Flarzy!.JPG
Views:	435
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	5439

I wasn't sure what to name it, so I went with Flarzy hehe.
I think it's interesting that my starter starts off already knowing Ember. Soon enough, I battled with Shauna, who had a Chespin. I think they purposely made the first battle easy for you. I also got a crit with my first Ember, which was nice.

Name:	1. First Rival Battle.JPG
Views:	468
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	5436

You can also buy Poké Balls right off the bat. I got around 7 Poké Balls and 3 Potions from the shops.

Also, I gotta say...trainer them is AMAZING. I love the bass and electric guitar, they sound like real instruments. I took around 10 minutes listening to this theme for the first time. FENNEKIN STOP GETTING SO MANY CRITS. I'm not even kidding; Flarzy has only been in ~5 battles and he's already gotten 4 crits.

Name:	1. Flarzy vs Zigzagoon.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	5437

I also caught my first Pokémon; a Fletchling in Santalune Forest. ^^ This thing looks too dang adorable! Also...it looks like you gain EXP after catching a Pokémon too. I ended up naming this thing Goonie because it looks like a Goonie enemy from Yoshi's Island.

I'll go ahead and continue heading through the forest.

Name:	1. In the Santalune Forest.JPG
Views:	438
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	5438
Old October 12, 2013, 08:12:50 AM

Badges: 1

Spoiler    
Yeah, taking pictures can be a bit of a hassle; it involves too much work transferring and naming them. 

So I ended up training my Fletchling a bit. It doesn't have the best Nature, but this run is supposed to be casual anyway. It ended up getting Quick Attack and Peck at around level 10. It wasn't long before I got into Santalune City, I didn't really pay much attention to Route 3. I pretty much ran straight to the Pokémon gym, but there was a skater girl blocking my way. After beating her, she gave me a pair of skates- which can be used by moving around with the circle pad.

After finally heading into the gym, I get challenged by a bunch of trainers with Bug Pokémon. Bugs are easy to burn with Flarzy. Viola was also an interesting opponent. She only had 2 Pokémon; Surskit and Vivillion. Surskit did well to cover Bug's fire weakness with Water Sport. Vivillion was also interesting- it used a new move called Infestation, which works like Fire Spin and Whirlpool and prevents switching out, but it has 100% accuracy. I took Vivillion out with my Flarzy anyway once the Water Sport ended.

So this marks me getting my first badge. :3 It was a little on the easy side; her levels only ranged from 10-12. I also had a little bit of fun with the Boutique, I changed my hat and pants.

Name:	2. New Look.JPG
Views:	447
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	5446

...Oh my gosh, it's like the Vermillion City trade all over again.

Name:	2. Similar Trade.JPG
Views:	439
ID:	5447
Old October 12, 2013, 09:35:28 AM
Haxorus

*cough coughYissomuchbetter cough*
Old October 12, 2013, 09:42:29 AM

Spoiler    
So after refusing that hideous trade in Santalune City, I could finally move onto the next route. I was directed by Alexa to go to Luminose City to meet Professor Sycamore- speaking of which, why do we meet the professor later than usual? This route is covered with flowered grass and crazy gardeners holding CHAINSAWS. Oh, and I also found a random rare female Combee in the grass. 

Name:	3. Found a Combee.JPG
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	5452

Looks like they're finally introducing the new Fairy type. The first Pokémon I encountered on the route north of Santalune City was a Flabebe. I don't know if I'll be keeping it for my team, because I want to use a Sylveon. (Unless I'm crazy enough to have both on my team)

Name:	3. It's a Flabebe!.JPG
Views:	459
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	5453 Click image for larger version

Name:	3. Flabebe.JPG
Views:	450
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	5450

Professor Sycamore's lab looks more like a hotel :L

Name:	3. Sycamore Lab.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	5455Click image for larger version

Name:	3. Meeting Professor Sycamore.JPG
Views:	439
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	5454
Oh well, at least I finally get a chance to talk to him, but then he immediately wants to battle. He used the 3 Kanto starters against me. At the end of the battle though, Flarzy evolved. :3

Name:	3. Flarzy Evolving!.JPG
Views:	434
Size:	1,022.1 KB
ID:	5451Click image for larger version

Name:	3. Braixen.JPG
Views:	477
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	5449
I was NOT expecting it to evolve into this.

There was another surprise after the battle; Professor Sycamore let me choose a Kanto starter! Even though I chose Charmander, I'm not going to be using him on my team...or the random Ralts I caught in the route before. I want my team to be comprised of Gen 6 Pokémon only.
Old October 12, 2013, 02:27:04 PM

Spoiler    
Heading down the elevator, I met Lysandre on the first floor of Professor Sycamore's lab. He seems...a little crazy about making everything beautiful.

Name:	4. Lysandre.JPG
Views:	436
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	5471

I saw Shauna outside a purple building. She mentioned something about making PR videos. I don't know what this is all about, nor did I really care. I also played around with Pokémon amie a little bit. I fed and played a minigame with Flarzy. It seems like a good way to build friendship between your Pokémon.

Name:	4. Trainer PR Videos.JPG
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	5481

Also, what are Poke Miles? I talked to a random guy in the Luminose City Pokémon Center and I have 7 miles already...but from what?

Name:	4. Poke Miles.JPG
Views:	442
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	5473

I got a chance to wander around the city (technically only the Southern Boulevard). The size of this city just completely blows Castelia City out of the water, I couldn't even explore the entire city because of a blackout. But then I met my other rival at the café and Lysandre was there too. Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is the evil guy of this generation...

Name:	4. Probably Evil Guy.JPG
Views:	452
Size:	997.3 KB
ID:	5474

I headed out into Route 5 where I met a Lucario! ...too bad I couldn't keep one. Both Lucarios were owned my a gym leader named Korrina. Route 5 is BIG, I love the design they gave this route; it's hilly and you can interact with rails when you're skating.

Name:	4. Lucario!.JPG
Views:	452
ID:	5470Click image for larger version

Name:	4. Korrina with her Lucarios.JPG
Views:	445
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	5469

It also looks like berries make a return in this generation. Only the difference is that they're like Apricorns where they grow on a tree.

Name:	4. Oran Berries from Trees.JPG
Views:	458
ID:	5472

The item balls also have different colors. Red ones contain general items, but the yellow ones appear to contain TMs.

Name:	4. Yellow Item Ball.JPG
Views:	434
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	5482

I currently have 3 Pokémon on my team: Braixen, Flabebe, and Fletchling
Old October 12, 2013, 06:08:13 PM

Spoiler    
After fighting a few more trainers on Route 5, I headed west into Camphrier Town. This place has a Name Rater in the Pokémon Center. This town is small and old, but there's a castle in the North part. When I went inside, Shauna was there and we were told to go to Route 7. 

Name:	5. Castle.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	5490

Before I left though, I was talking with Cat and we decided to have a battle. We had the same starter and I won 2-0. When he told me about the Wonder Trade, I decided to try it out for myself. The only problem is that people offer crappy Pokémon and people get crappy Pokémon in turn.

Name:	5. SURPRISE!!!.JPG
Views:	478
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	5495
LIKE THIS. (This nickname is terrible >_>)

Anyway, I headed out to route 7 and guess what? There's a Snorlax blocking the way. (like I haven't seen this problem before) So now my job is to go to some palace in the north to retrieve a Poké Flute. Sounds easy enough I guess, but the battles going up to that point were tough.

Name:	5. Snorlax blocking the way.JPG
Views:	467
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	5494

Fun fact: Furfrues can be groomed to look like French Poodles.

Name:	5. Furfrou Poodle.JPG
Views:	451
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	5492
These things are TOUGH. I had a double battle against two of these things and they almost wrecked my team. Flabebe was too frail to take a Headbutt, so I had to rely on Flarzy to do most of the work. However, Goonie ended up gaining 2 levels from that battle and he ended up evolving. :3

Name:	5. Goonie Evolving.JPG
Views:	428
ID:	5493Click image for larger version

Name:	5. Fletchinder!.JPG
Views:	458
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	5491

Current team is Braixen, Fletchinder, and Flabebe
Old October 12, 2013, 09:14:39 PM

Badges: 1 (Seriously, it's taking a long time to get the 2nd badge)

Spoiler    
I continued going through the grass in Route 6 to see if I could find anything new. One Pokémon especially caught my interest: Honedge. 

Name:	6. Honedge!.JPG
Views:	460
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	5507
I like swords/blades, of course I'm going to use this thing. I love how the AI behaves whenever I send this guy out- they keep using Normal or Fighting moves, which both do nothing. (Honedge is a Steel/Ghost type)

There were 2 sides of the straight path, both had really tall grass, which was annoying because there were trainers hiding in it. I did however pick up a TM for Venoshock.

Getting to the palace, I had to pay 1000 Pokédollars to actually go inside. "Can never have too much money"...ridiculous. Inside was absolutely amazing; I couldn't get over how beautiful it looked. Statues, paintings, chairs, bedrooms, dining areas; it looked like a real mansion. Even outside, the palace looks stunning. As soon as I got inside, Shauna and I were given a task to look for the owner's Furfrue, which escaped.

Name:	6. Parfum Palace.JPG
Views:	421
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	5509Click image for larger version

Name:	6. Parfum Palace Outside.JPG
Views:	433
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	5508Click image for larger version

Name:	6. Finding Furfrue.JPG
Views:	422
ID:	5505

The owner was so happy that we found his pet, not only did he give me the Poké Flute, but he even allowed us to watch a fireworks show. Also...I think Shauna is hitting on me. :U

Name:	6. Shauna Hitting on Me.JPG
Views:	451
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	5510Click image for larger version

Name:	6. Fireworks.JPG
Views:	470
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	5506

Anyway, I came back to the bridge on Route 7 and the owner of the castle back in Camphrier Town began playing the flute. The Snorlax woke up and it attacked me. I was a bit impatient to catch it, so I ended up killing it with my Honedge instead. ^_^'

Name:	6. Sleeping Snorlax.JPG
Views:	440
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	5511

Going further West, I met up with my other 2 rivals at the Day Care center. I just left two of my Pokémon there for a little while so they could gain a few levels. Going even more West, I got challenged by a bunch of Artists until I reached the end, where I had a double battle against both my rivals. (they were easy)

Name:	6. Day Care Center.JPG
Views:	466
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	5504Click image for larger version

Name:	6. Vs Rivals.JPG
Views:	450
ID:	5512

I also want to know why it's taking so long to get to the 2nd gym. Seriously, I feel like I've been across half the region.

Current team is: Baixen, Fletchinder, Flabebe, and Honedge
Old October 13, 2013, 08:26:34 AM

Spoiler    
Heading more West, I entered a very short cave with like 1 trainer inside. There was a healing lady too, so that was lucky. However, when I defeated the one trainer that was there, my Flabebe began to evolve (her name is Téa, but she doesn't give constant friendship speeches)

Name:	7. Flabebe Evolving.JPG
Views:	460
ID:	5522Click image for larger version

Name:	7. Floette.JPG
Views:	441
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	5523

So now I have a Floette, which...doesn't look that different from its pre evolution. Its stats haven't changed much either, so I'm considering to drop it from my team for another Pokémon.

After heading out of the cave, I come out to the top of a cliff and I headed South until I came to Ambrette Town. This place is well known for fossils and reviving them. I met Serena and we both went to the fossil center. I think the guy in the center was senile because he had no idea what we were talking about. :x Of course we had to leave to go to a place called Glittering Cave to research more about Mega Stones or fossils.

Route 9 is certainly interesting. Half the route requires you to ride on a Rhyhorn in order to proceed- and you can even break stuff in your way.

Name:	7. Riding on a Rhyhorn.JPG
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	5524

Entering Glittering cave, the puzzle seems pretty easy. You just follow the path that has the glittering green crystal growing on the wall. Once I got to the deepest part of the cave, I met a Team Flare grunt. Their goal is to only keep the people in their team happy (weird...but they also want to make money). They were in the cave to sell fossils for a big profit.

Name:	7. Team Flare Grunt.JPG
Views:	444
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	5525
I also gotta say, the music for Flare grunts is amazing~

At least at the end of the cave there's a guy that gives you a free fossil. I decided to take the Sail Fossil. When I came back to Ambrette Town, I got the fossil revived and I got an Amaura.

Name:	7. Amaura.JPG
Views:	431
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	5520
It looks cute for being a fossil Pokémon. It's also an Ice/Rock type. Odd combination, it's weak to a bunch of things.

So now I could finally move on to Cyllage City. Lower Route 8 is a coastal pathway, but it's fairly short. I got the Itemfinder key item and I've already found a few hidden items in the sand. Heading further North, I got into Cyllage City (this place is huge) and I went into the Bicycle shop. I still managed to get a free bike just from answering a really simple question.

Name:	7. Bicycle Store.JPG
Views:	444
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	5521

Current team is: Braixen, Floette, Honedge, and Fletchinder.
Old October 13, 2013, 02:20:50 PM

Badges: 2

Spoiler    
FINALLY got to the second gym. My team isn't built to take on Rock types; Braixen can only use Psybeam, Floette dies before it can do anything, Fletchinder dies in one hit from Rock attacks (Fire/Flying isn't too pretty for this gym). So Honedge was pretty much my only hope. When I got up to where Grant was, I had to pretty much rely on a single Pokémon. 

Grant only has 2 Pokémon; Amaura and Tyrunt, but they're both level 25. My Pokémon were underlevelled, ranging from 19-24. I'm just gonna say this now, I lost the first time I faced him. Once he took out my Honedge, everything was pretty much Rock Tombed to death.

Name:	8. Grant.JPG
Views:	455
ID:	5540Click image for larger version

Name:	8. Before Losing to Grant.JPG
ID:	5534Click image for larger version

Name:	8. Before getting the Stuffing Beaten out of Me.JPG
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	5533

So I was actually a little worried because I didn't have much I could do against his team. I decided to head North and level grind for a little while. When I walked into the grass though, I found this.

Name:	8. Found an Eevee.JPG
Views:	432
ID:	5538
Eevee! I immediately caught it. :3

From what I heard, Eevee needs to have the highest amount of affection in Pokémon Amie and one fairy type move before it can evolve on level up. Turns out that's the case.

Name:	8. Eevee Evolving.JPG
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	5537Click image for larger version

Name:	8. Sylveon!.JPG
Views:	430
ID:	5541
Sylveon is one of my favorites~ It got Draining Kiss too, which is a Special Fairy move that recovers half the damage dealt.

By the way, if you're having trouble with this gym leader, you could trade a Luvdisc for a Steelix with a man in the Pokémon Center. Luvdisc can be caught with an Old Rod.

Name:	8. Amazing Trade.JPG
Views:	406
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	5532

Anyway, after getting Sylveon, I put Floette into the PC and rechallenged Grant. Honedge was still really important to keep alive in this battle. Amaura was annoying with Thunder Wave + Aurora Beam, but it went down after 2 Swords Dances and 2 Shadow Sneaks. Tyrunt was the problem in the fight. It has both Rock Tomb and Bite, which checks everything on my team. I had to resort using an X Defend on my Honedge to ensure that it survives at least 2 Bites. I ended up killing it with 2 Shadow Sneaks later. Definitely not an easy battle if you have lots of stuff that has low Defense or is weak to Rock.

After healing, I went back up to Route 10 where I faced a couple trainers. This route is definitely based off of Stonehenge. I remember laughing so hard at this one trainer, I can't even believe that Gamefreak included this dialogue.

Name:	8. DBZ Reference.JPG
Views:	8362
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	5536
A very obvious Dragonball Z reference.

There were also trainers who talked about Colress' work in this route- oh and Team Flare is here too.

Name:	8. Colress.JPG
Views:	387
ID:	5535Click image for larger version

Name:	8. Team Flare by Rocks.JPG
Views:	390
ID:	5542
Team Flare generally use the same Pokémon: Houndours, Golbats, and Gulpins. Gulpins are obviously used because they symbolize gluttony.

Heading further North, I entered Geosenge town [Geosphere + Stonehenge]. This place is hands down my favorite place in Kalos. The music is calming and it's not too big. The large stones in the center of town are interesting to look at.

Name:	8. Geosenge Town.JPG
Views:	389
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	5539

Team Flare is also here and causing trouble. Serena met up with me and told me to go investigate a route toward the West.

Current team is: Baixen, Sylveon, Honedge, and Fletchinder.
Old October 13, 2013, 05:29:58 PM

Badges: 2

Spoiler    
Well, I tried taking the northwest path where the Team Flare grunt went, but it turns out that it leads to a dead end (supposedly).

As I was trying to leave Geosenge Town through the Eastern exit, I got stopped by Korrina with her 2 Lucario. She mentioned how I might be interested in going to Shalour City to learn more about Mega Evolutions. To test me, she challenged me to a casual battle. (this wasn't an actual gym battle)

Name:	9. Meeting Korrina with her 2 Lucarios.JPG
Views:	382
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	5554Click image for larger version

Name:	9. Battling Korrina (not gym battle).JPG
Views:	384
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	5550

Korrina was pitifully easy. All her two Lucarios did was use Feint- and both got burned because of Fletchinder's Flame Body.

Heading East, I found that everyone is using higher leveled Pokémon, like in the mid 20s. Route 11 was pretty short, I just went straight to the cave. Inside, everything looked cool. It was like the cave was a giant mirror. I found these guys in the cave:

Name:	9. Finding a jelly.JPG
Views:	377
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	5553Click image for larger version

Name:	9. Carbink.JPG
Views:	397
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	5552
Solosis~ and a jewel-rock thing. I have no idea what this Pokémon is based off of (possible an uncut gem?)

Tierno was in the cave and he gave me a TM for Flash. At least in this game, you don't need Flash to get through a cave hehe. I also found a weird spot in the cave, I think it might be an important place later in the game.

Name:	9. Tierno in Reflection Cave.JPG
Views:	400
ID:	5556Click image for larger version

Name:	9. Reflection Cave.JPG
Views:	402
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	5555

One more note about that cave: WATCH OUT FOR WOBBUFFET. They have Shadow Tag, so you can't run away from them.

I got into Shalour City as soon as I exited the cave. This place feels so calming. The gym is in the Northwest part of town, but the really important place is the Giant Tower to the North. That's the place where Professor Sycamore wanted me to research Mega Evolutions. Once I got inside, I saw a big statue of a Mega Lucario and I met up with my other 4 friends. With everyone here, the Mega Evolution Guru began explaining the mechanics behind Mega Evolutions. They require a Mega Stone AND a Mega Ring. There was only 1 Mega Ring to be given out. Tierno, Travis, and Shauna didn't want to have the ring, but both me and Serena did. Serena suggested that we battle to determine who gets it. Serena was pretty tough, her team is in the high 20s and each one can hit pretty hard. I ended up winning though.

Name:	9. Tower in Shalour City.JPG
Views:	392
ID:	5557Click image for larger version

Name:	9. All Friends meeting up.JPG
Views:	413
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	5549Click image for larger version

Name:	9. Battling Serena over Mega Ring.JPG
Views:	404
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	5551

After winning the ring, I was told by Korrina to come to her gym for another test to see if I'm ready to handle Mega Evolutions. I entered her gym- turns out that it's a Fighting type gym. Honedge did a good job taking care of most of the gym trainers. I have 3 Pokémon that can handle Fighting types, so I should have an easier time with the gym leader compared to the last one.

Current team is: Baixen, Honedge, Fletchinder, Sylveon, and Snubbull [HM Slave]
Old October 13, 2013, 08:19:40 PM

Badges: 3

Spoiler    
Well, looks like I was right with the difficulty of this gym leader. Korrina didn't put up much of a fight at all and she made dumb decisions. The battle started off normally, I sent out Honedge while she sent out Mienfoo. Then everything went downhill for her after the first turn.

Turn 1
"The opposing Mienfoo used Fake Out!"
"It doesn't affect Honedge!"
Me: Really? I'm part Ghost...
"Honedge used Swords Dance!"

Turn 2
Me: ...What? What the heck are you doing!?
"Honedge used Swords Dance!"

Turn 3
Me: Screw it, just attack!
"Honedge used Aerial Ace!"

After that, I took everything out on her team in 1 hit. xD But then she told me to go to the big tower to get the ring. Oh well, at least she gave me the badge. That battle was too easy. >_>

Name:	10. vs Korrina.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	5565Click image for larger version

Name:	10. vs Mienfoo.JPG
Views:	405
ID:	5566

When I got to the top of the tower, I saw Korrina with her 2 Lucarios. Not only did she give me the ring for Pokémon to enter a Mega Evolution state, but one of her Lucarios wanted to join me. In the end, Korrina had both Lucarios enter a Mega Evolution state where we battled each other. Mega Lucario looks so cool. :3

Name:	10. Time to get the ring.JPG
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	5564Click image for larger version

Name:	10. Battle to test Mega Evolutions.JPG
Views:	392
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	5558Click image for larger version

Name:	10. Lucario Joins me.JPG
Views:	399
ID:	5560Click image for larger version

Name:	10. Korrina getting Serious.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	5559

I'm not planning to use Lucario on my team, but I'm happy that I have a Lucarionite item so I can make it Mega Evolve. ^^ Upon leaving, I got stopped by Serena and she gave me the HM for Surf. But then I realized that I have no Pokémon that can use Surf...

Heading into the next route, I talked to a guy standing by the shore and he was trying to give a Lapras a good home. Turns out he can give you a free Lapras. Of course I accepted the offer and immediately taught it Surf. Now the cool thing about Surf in this generation is that you can see which Pokémon you're surfing on in the overworld.

This particular route has a Skiddo ranch where you can ride them to get special items that are normally inaccessible. This route was short though, so I ended up getting to the town in East fairly quickly. When I got there, I got another call from Serena telling me that she wants to battle again. I was actually confused the first time I came into this town, I couldn't find a gym or Pokémon Center. Then I realized that I had to take a tram to get to the main locations. Inside the tram station I found Professor Sycamore and the famous actor that I saw back in Luminose City. All the professor did was pretty much congratulate me with getting the ring that initiates Mega Evolutions.

Name:	10. Serena wants to battle.JPG
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	5563Click image for larger version

Name:	10. Professor Sycamore .JPG
Views:	380
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	5562

Once I got to the upper level of the town through the tram, I stopped at the Pokémon center and healed before meeting Serena in front of the Pokémon gym. I don't know why I did this, but I decided to face her team using only Sylveon with my Helioptile in the party getting experience through the Exp Share. I still don't like that the Exp Share is a key item...Other than that, Serena was quite easy minus her critting Absol. I should be entering the 4th gym soon.

Name:	10. Meeting up with Serena.JPG
Views:	361
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	5561

Current team is: Braixen, Honedge, Helioptile, Fletchinder, and Sylveon.
Old October 13, 2013, 11:39:16 PM

Badges: 4

Spoiler    
These gyms are coming by very quickly now. When I walked inside, it was clear that this was a Grass type gym. Flarzy had an easy time with most of the trainer Pokémon in here. Fletchinder was also used quite a bit to deal with the things that countered Fire types. When I got to the top of the tree, I found out that the gym leader is an old man. This battle was pretty easy since I had a ton of things to counter Grass types. His Gogoat got owned by Fletchinder's Flame Body. 

Name:	11. Grass Gym.JPG
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	5581Click image for larger version

Name:	11. Gym Leader.JPG
Views:	375
ID:	5582Click image for larger version

Name:	11. Vs Ramos.JPG
Views:	408
ID:	5587Click image for larger version

Name:	11. Flame Body Win.JPG
Views:	373
ID:	5577

Upon leaving the gym, I got a call from Lysandre, that obvious crazy guy who wants a perfect world.

Name:	11. Lysandre.JPG
ID:	5584
I know what you're up to!

Heading South, I came into the badlands of the Kalos region. There isn't any tall grass, but there are annoying burrows in the ground that can force a wild battle. It certainly looks weird out here, but I like the change of scenery.

Name:	11. Area near Power Plant.JPG
Views:	386
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	5573

It's almost like a giant desert, but without the annoying sandstorm. In the Eastern part, I found a Team Flare grunt guarding the entrance to the Power Plant. I swear, these Team Flare grunts are purposely trying to be funny. (In style~ )

Name:	11. Team Flare is funny.JPG
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	5586

Once I beat him, I was able to go inside. Turns out that the entire place was broken into by Team Flare and that's the reason why Luminose City was in a blackout. Lots of stuff happened when I was battling everyone. For one thing, Honedge evolved...then Braixen evolved....and then Fletchinder evolved.

Name:	11. Honedge Evolving.JPG
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	5583Click image for larger version

Name:	11. Duoblade!.JPG
Views:	383
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	5576

Name:	11. Braixen evolving.JPG
ID:	5574Click image for larger version

Name:	11. Delphox.JPG
ID:	5575

Name:	11. Fletchinder Evolving.JPG
Views:	368
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	5580Click image for larger version

Name:	11. Talonflame!.JPG
Views:	398
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	5585
Yeah, too many evolutions~

When I got to the center of the plant, there were 2 admins controlling the power source. Both were pitifully easy to defeat; they only had 1 Pokémon each.

Name:	11. Flare Admin 1.JPG
Views:	373
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	5578Click image for larger version

Name:	11. Flare Admin 2.JPG
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	5579

Now that the Power Plant is back in order, I can go back to Luminose City since there's no more blackout~

Current team is: Delphox, Duoblade, Talonflame, Sylveon, and Helioptile
Old October 14, 2013, 10:50:38 AM

Badges: 5

Spoiler    
I got back into Lumiose City through the Northern entrance. While everything was lit up, the big tower in the middle was still dark. I met up with Shauna and we both watched the tower get lit up by Clemont and his sister Bonnie. 

Name:	12. Lumiose City Tower.JPG
ID:	5599

Turns out that the tower is actually a Pokémon gym. This gym is weird, it's modeled after the Eiffel Tower, but they made the inside of it like a game show. Bonnie leads several quiz sessions where you need to answer them right in order to proceed through the gym. I purposely answered some wrong just to battle more trainers. When I got up to Clemont on the 5th floor, I started off with Delphox. Now I feel as if I'm getting overleveled; Clemont's strongest Pokémon is at level 37 and my Pokémon were in the high 30s-low 40s.

Name:	12. vs Clemont.JPG
Views:	394
ID:	5605Click image for larger version

Name:	12. Vs Heliolisk.JPG
Views:	377
ID:	5606

This battle was pretty easy too, just be careful with Thunderbolt- that can hit pretty hard.

After beating him, I got a message from Professor Sycamore to go to the Lysandre café. Lysandre is still his crazy (probably evil) self.

Name:	12. Lysandre Cafe.JPG
Views:	379
ID:	5600

After leaving the café, I got a message from Travis telling me to meet up with him and Serena in Route 14. When I got there, the environment changed quite a bit. Travis seemed happy to see me, but Serena immediately jumped to the topic of battling me. She hasn't really changed from last time, but now she has the fully-evolved form of her starter Pokémon. She was still kind of easy though; I feel bad for beating her so many times. :L

Name:	12. Meet Up in Route 14.JPG
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	5601Click image for larger version

Name:	12. Serena wants to battle again.JPG
Views:	384
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	5603

It wasn't long before Shauna and Tierno showed up. While Serena decided to go off and train her Pokémon more, the four of us decided to travel to a haunted house and investigate. Route 14 is definitely interesting- it's more of a swampy area where it rains frequently. I also found out how to evolve Helioptile, you need to use a Sun Stone on it to evolve it into a Heliolisk.

Name:	12. Route 14 is a Swampy area.JPG
ID:	5602Click image for larger version

Name:	12. Found out how to get a Heliolisk.JPG
Views:	391
ID:	5597

I also encountered Goomy in this route when I battled a trainer. It looked like a slime ball, so I assumed that it was either a Water or Ground type. But it turns out that this thing is a Dragon type. ._. DRAGON!? This thing looks too silly to be a Dragon type. Do I like it though? ....yes. I eventually found one in the tall grass and caught it. I named it Goobella since its a girl and its name reminds me of Goombella from TTYD. Dunno if I'll end up keeping it for my team, but I do like it...

Name:	12. This is Goomy!.JPG
ID:	5604Click image for larger version

Name:	12. Catching a Goomy.JPG
Views:	394
ID:	5596

In the Western part of the route, I met up with everyone else and we went inside. The story was kind of cheesy, and the guy even expected us to pay for the story. >_>

Name:	12. Haunted House.JPG
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	5598

Going further North, I made my way into Laverre City. This town seems kind of creepy, but supposedly there's a Pokémon gym here. Gyms 4-6 have been coming pretty quickly.

Current team is: Delphox, Duoblade, Heliolisk, Sylveon, Talonflame, and Goomy.
Old October 14, 2013, 01:24:57 PM

Badges: 6

Spoiler    
The City is quite small, but the atmosphere just screams "Autumn". There are mushrooms everywhere and it feels like the place is in the season of Fall. In the center of the City, there's the Pokémon gym which specializes in Fairy types. The whole place looked like a dollhouse, it was weird, but reminiscent of one instance from the original Pokémon anime with Sabrina. 

Name:	13. 6th Gym.JPG
ID:	5611
All of the trainers here are oddly dressed too, some look like fairies or nymphs.

When I got to the top of the dollhouse, the gym leader was also dressed up as a fairy. This is just my opinion, but she looks quite cute...maybe it's just her eyes.

Name:	13. Valerie.JPG
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	5617Click image for larger version

Name:	13. Vs Valerie.JPG
Views:	407
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	5618
Valerie only had 3 Pokémon to use against me. Mawile was easy to take out, Mr. Mime was just annoying because he kept setting up Reflect, but he wasn't a problem. The real issue was her Sylveon. It's level 42 and it hits really hard. I use a Sylveon myself- I know how tough these things can be. Overall though, I thought it was a pretty reasonable battle, but I still wish she had more Pokémon to use.

Name:	13. Heliolisk vs Sylveon.JPG
Views:	369
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	5613

After winning the 6th badge, I walked out of the building and met Travis and Shauna. Both were planning to take a tour at the Poké Ball factory, so I decided to follow them. When I got there, a Team Flare grunt was guarding the building, but he ended up chasing after Shauna and Travis. Serena soon showed up and we both went inside. The entire place was occupied by Team Flare.

Name:	13. Poke Ball Factory.JPG
Views:	378
ID:	5614

This place involves manipulating conveyor belts to take you in the right direction. When I got to the house in the top right of the building, an admin and two scientists were keeping the owner hostage. After dealing with the admin, Serena showed up and we both took on the scientists. After defeating them both, the factory owner was grateful and he gave me and Serena a Master Ball and a Big Nugget.

Name:	13. Team Flare in Factory.JPG
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	5616Click image for larger version

Name:	13. Flare Scientisits.JPG
Views:	366
ID:	5612Click image for larger version

Name:	13. Receiving Master Ball.JPG
ID:	5615

So now I'm free to leave the factory and continue on my way to the 7th gym.

Current team is: Delphox, Heliolisk, Talonflame, Sylveon, Duoblade, and Goomy.
Old October 14, 2013, 04:39:15 PM

Spoiler    
I decided that I'm going to try raising a Goomy. Whatever it evolves into must be good.  Heading out of the East side of Laverre City put me into Route 15. The scenery didn't really change, it still looked like Fall. There are also new types of trainers. Lysandre also ranted more nonsense to me about wishing he had the power to make Pokémon Mega Evolve.

Name:	14. Hex Crazy Maniac.JPG
Views:	597
ID:	5627Click image for larger version

Name:	14. Lysandre on Holo Caster.JPG
Views:	518
ID:	5629
The Hex Maniacs in this generation look scarier.

This route isn't big, but it's pretty long. There are also abandoned buildings toward the end. The Lost Hotel especially only houses thugs that are part of a gang. I couldn't even explore the whole thing because I wasn't fashionable enough. >_> At least this happened in the process:

Name:	14. Lost Hotel.JPG
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	5628Click image for larger version

Name:	14. Goomy Evolving.JPG
Views:	494
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	5626Click image for larger version

Name:	14. Sliggoo!.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	5632
Goomy evolved into something that still doesn't look like a Dragon type~

After giving up, I headed through the gate and ended up in Dendemille Town. It's snowing here and there's a giant windmill in the center of town. I met up with professor Sycamore and Travis here, both were doing more research for the Pokedex.

Name:	14. Professor Sycamore.JPG
Views:	470
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	5631Click image for larger version

Name:	14. Snowflake Windmill.JPG
ID:	5633

Oh, and I found the Move Deleter so I can GET CUT OFF OF DUOBLADE. It had that useless HM move for way too long.

Name:	14. Found the Move Deleter!.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	5625

Lastly, I was told to head North to Frost cave. The Mamoswine that was supposed to direct me through Route 17 isn't feeling right and the problem might be because of something going on in the cave.

Name:	14. Outside of Frost Cave.JPG
Views:	420
ID:	5630

Current team is: Delphox, Duoblade, Heliolisk, Sliggoo, Talonflame, and Sylveon
Old October 14, 2013, 08:38:16 PM

Spoiler    
Once I got inside the Frost Cave, I immediately found a new Ice type Pokémon. Not sure how good of a Pokémon Bergmite is, but it looks somewhat cool.

Name:	15. Caught a Bergmite.JPG
Views:	411
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	5641

This cave is quite big. There's also an Ice rock located in one of the lower levels in case you want to evolve Eevee into a Glaceon.

You also gotta love these ice puzzles. I would say they're the most complicated ones I've seen out of all the Pokémon games. Going further down, Travis and I came across Team Flare provoking an Abomasnow. Of course they wouldn't stop without a fight... Also, why do the Team Flare Admins only have 1 Pokémon? It doesn't really make much of a fight. :/

Name:	15. Team Flare and Abomasnow.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	5648

However, this was definitely the biggest problem in the cave.

Name:	15. I CAN'T FEEL MY TOES.JPG
Views:	446
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	5643
It wasn't Team Flare or the angry Abomasnow, it was this guy's toes!

After exiting the cave, I decided to give a little more attention to Goobella because I had no idea when she would evolve. After a bit of research, it turns out that there needs to be specific conditions for its evolution; level 50 and it needs to be raining. It wasn't an easy task, but I finally found a place where it was raining.

Name:	15. Sliggoo evolving.JPG
Views:	402
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	5647Click image for larger version

Name:	15. Goodra!.JPG
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	5642
At least it somewhat looks more like a dragon.

After that, I headed back to Dendemille Town and proceeded to Route 17. This route is similar to Route 9 where you're required to ride a Pokémon to get past obstacles. In this case, I needed Mamoswine to plow through the large blankets of snow. This route wasn't too long though and I quickly reached the end. When I was about to move on, I got a call from Serena saying that she wants to battle...again.

Name:	15. Riding on a Mamoswine.JPG
Views:	421
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	5645Click image for larger version

Name:	15. Serena wants to battle...again.JPG
Views:	467
ID:	5646

Heading through the gate, I arrived in Anistar City. The music in this place reminds me of PMD music. There was a huge sundial in the middle of town that looked almost unreal.

Name:	15. Anistar Sundial.JPG
ID:	5640

Oh, and I also visited the boutique in the city and bought new clothes. My look was getting a bit dull, I'm glad I changed it.

Name:	15. My new look.JPG
Views:	526
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	5644

I soon met Serena in front of the Anistar gym. This time she had 4 Pokémon to use against me. Her team hasn't really changed much aside from the addition of Flareon. The battle was quite easy. With her beaten, I'll be moving onto the 7th gym.

Name:	15. vs Serena.JPG
ID:	5649

Current team is: Delphox, Duoblade, Sylveon, Talonflame, Goodra, and Heliolisk.
Old October 14, 2013, 11:05:16 PM

Badges: 7

Spoiler    
After beating Serena for around the 5th time, I headed inside the 7th Pokémon gym.

Name:	16. Gym House.JPG
Views:	437
ID:	5652
Doesn't really look like much. :L

Name:	16. Gym in Space.JPG
Views:	420
ID:	5653
What!?
So this gym just completely breaks the laws of physics. I got transported from a house into freaking space! There are several warp panels like in the last gym, but this time I'm walking around in a sort of 3D sphere. But hey, I see me~

Name:	16. It's Me~.JPG
ID:	5654

The paths were in weird shapes, but I was disappointed that all the trainers only had 1 Pokémon to use, it made this gym pretty easy. Even when going up to the gym leader, I felt no need to run all the way back to the Pokémon Center to heal. (I DON'T suggest going back to the center when you reach her, it'll take you like 10 minutes to get back out of the gym)

Name:	16. Olympia.JPG
Views:	533
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	5657Click image for larger version

Name:	16. Vs. Olympia.JPG
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	5661
This lady has a bizarre hairstyle. Unfortunately, she didn't put up much of a fight. She only has 3 Pokémon and none of them gave me trouble. Just don't let her Meowstic Calm Mind up too much.

Name:	16. Psychic vs Psychic.JPG
Views:	417
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	5658

She isn't a lady of words either, she sent me back to the entrance after receiving the Psychic badge. Upon exiting, I get a ridiculous message from Lysandre about how he wants to end the world, only keeping Team Flare safe. Serena was there too and she suggested that I go back to the Lysandre Café to investigate.

Name:	16. Lysandre wants to end the world.JPG
Views:	512
ID:	5656

So I ended up finding the café after about 5 minutes of being lost in the big city. The waiter and waitress were both fakes; they were Flare grunts. I accessed the secret door in the back of the café and confronted Lysandre in his own lab.

Name:	16. vs Lysandre.JPG
Views:	432
ID:	5660
This crazy guy even challenged me to a battle. For being the leader of Team Flare, his was easy to take down.

After beating him, he let me wander around the lab to try to find the key to an elevator. I eventually found it, but it took a while; I don't like spinny panels. I eventually came across the 2 "heroes" inside the lab. They're more annoying than helpful, I'm sorry to say. :L

Name:	16. Fail Heroes.JPG
ID:	5651

When I got down to B2F, I saw Lysandre again, but this time with someone else behind an electrical prison. His name AZ is confusing, but he recounted a tale behind the ultimate weapon- it was initially used to give life, but then it was used to end a big war. Lysandre then provoked me to go further down to B3F.

Going further down, there was a new Flare admin. He plans to actually set off the ultimate weapon and begin the destruction. I battled him and easily won, but then he used a remote control to activate the weapon. A cinematic display of Geosenge Town began and a large machine stuck up from the ground, destroying nearly all of the buildings in the vicinity.

Name:	16. Ultima-te Weapon.JPG
Views:	522
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	5659Click image for larger version

Name:	16. Destruction.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	5650

After escaping the Lysandre lab, I immediately flew to Geosenge Town. The place was practically in ruins with the exception of the Pokémon Center. I had to head around the large structure in the center of the town to proceed to the Flare HQ. Serena was there too and she made the decision to join forces with me to put Team Flare to an end.

Name:	16. Joining forces with Serena.JPG
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	5655

Current team is: Delphox, Duoblade, Sylveon, Talonflame, Heliolisk, and Goodra
Old October 15, 2013, 09:45:59 AM

Spoiler    
Serena and I headed down into the Flare HQ and confronted Lysandre again. This time he seemed more hopeless, he thinks the only way to stop conflicts is to use the ultimate weapon to end all life. Despite this, he still challenges me to a battle to slow me down. His team hasn't changed much from the last time except he evolved most of his Pokémon.

Name:	17. Confronting Lysandre.JPG
Views:	349
ID:	5663Click image for larger version

Name:	17. vs. Lysandre 1.JPG
Views:	431
ID:	5669

After beating him, Serena and I immediately started heading down to where the machine was. The Team Flare admins that blocked us only served to stall for time. Shauna eventually caught up with us and actually proved to be very helpful. When I got to the lowest level, Shauna had a device that Clemont made that made it possible to open locked doors.

Name:	17. Shauna finds us.JPG
Views:	2738
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	5668

Once I got inside, several Flare admins were guarding the machine. Two chased after Shauna and Serena, so I had to deal with 4 of them on my own. They were pretty easy and I soon had them running away.

Name:	17. Machine that sucks life out.JPG
Views:	558
ID:	5667

Now that I was alone, the machine started glowing and then there was an explosion. Xerneas appeared on top of the machine and stared at me. It immediately forced me into a battle. Xerneas can be quite some trouble if you don't catch it quickly. It has the move Geomancy, which is a 2-turn attack, but instead of actually hurting you, it raises Xerneas' Attack, Special Attack, and Speed stats by +2. It's sort of like Shell Smash, but without the -2 Defenses. I caught it with my 3rd Poké Ball.

Name:	17. vs. Xerneas.JPG
Views:	381
ID:	5672

After catching Xerneas, Shauna and Serena returned to report that they finished off the two Flare Admins. However, Lysandre appeared again wearing a bizarre machine. This time he was going to battle me to try to reclaim Xerneas to use in the machine.

Name:	17. Insane Lysandre.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	5666

This next battle was crazy. None of his Pokémon really gave me trouble until he used his last one. It was Mega Gyarados, this thing HURTS. It easily took out 2 of my Pokémon. What I didn't realize was that Mega Gyarados gets retyped to Water/Dark, so my Delphox couldn't do anything with Psychic. After realizing that it was part Dark though, I just sent in Sylveon to finish it off with a Moonblast. This fight can be tough if you don't know how to counter Mega Gyarados.

Name:	17. vs. Lysandre 2.JPG
ID:	5670Click image for larger version

Name:	17. vs. Mega Gyarados.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	5671

With the battle done, Lysandre gives up and changes his ways. He realizes that the will to live is stronger than his will to end it and he uses the machine's power to destroy itself. I have no idea if Lysandre was caught up in the explosion, but now there's a big hole in the center of Geosenge Town.

After escaping the blast, I got a message from professor Sycamore to meet him in the next town and that Route 18 has been reopened. Route 18 is big and it even has a cave area. I soon explored Terminus Cave and got a ton of items from smashing rocks. I also found a Dusk Stone within the lower part of the cave to use on my Duoblade. :3

Name:	17. Found a Dusk Stone.JPG
Views:	720
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	5665Click image for larger version

Name:	17. Duoblade evolving.JPG
Views:	312
ID:	5664Click image for larger version

Name:	17. Aegislash!.JPG
Views:	1018
ID:	5662
Aegislash looks so cool. :O He doesn't have No Guard for an ability anymore, but instead has Stance Change. This ability changes the Pokémon's form depending on the moves that it uses in battle.

After I got out of the cave, I headed South to Couriway Town. I haven't explored this place much yet and I still have to meet up with Professor Sycamore.

Current team is: Delphox, Aegislash, Talonflame, Sylveon, Goodra, and Heliolisk
Old October 16, 2013, 01:07:43 PM

Spoiler    
Once I got into Couriway Town, I met up with Professor Sycamore. He congratulated me for defeating Lysandre and ending Team Flare. He even apologized because he partly knew of Lysandre's plans. And to celebrate? Of course he challenges me to a battle.

Name:	18. Waterfalls.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	5677Click image for larger version

Name:	18. Couriway Town .JPG
Views:	1673
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	5673Click image for larger version

Name:	18. vs Sycamore.JPG
Views:	1382
ID:	5676

He practically has the same team as the last time I battled him, only all of his Pokémon are fully evolved and level 50. After beating him, he let me go on my own way to the next town.

Route 19 is pretty big, there are a ton of mountains and there's even a swampy section. When I was about to enter the next city, I got stopped by Shauna, who challenged me to a battle.

Name:	18. Meeting with Shauna in Route 19.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	5674
She was pretty easy to beat, only 3 Pokémon and I had the type advantage over her starter. But then Tierno and TREVOR (there, I finally got his name right, I dunno why I kept calling him Travis) challenged me to a battle. Both were tougher than Shauna, but were still easy. I wish they would have more than 3 Pokémon, it's not much of a challenge.

Then I got to Snowbelle City. I was impatient to look around, so I headed straight for the gym. Turns out that Wulfric, the gym leader isn't here at the moment. I was told to head south into the woods to go look for him.

Name:	18. Wulfric isn't in the gym.JPG
Views:	411
ID:	5678

Route 20 is like a big forest. If I had to relate it to anything, it's like the Mogall Forest from Golden Sun. There are a ton of paths to take; some are right, but others lead to dead ends. Once I got to the end though, I arrived in the Pokémon Village. Wulfric was there and he introduced me to all the Pokémon that were there. All of the Pokémon that are in this village were either mistreated by trainers or have no other place to live in Kalos.

Name:	18. Pokemon Village.JPG
Views:	327
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	5675

After exploring the place a bit, there are several items lying around- some of the Pokémon will even give you items. There's also a cave here that's inaccessible until you beat the game.

Returning back to Snowbelle City, I headed straight for the gym and I could go inside this time. This gym has a weird puzzle, it's similar to Volkner's gym from DPPt, but it involves a little backtracking in order to advance. The trainers here were pretty easy, everyone uses Ice types here. I got up to Wulfric in about 5 minutes and I'll be taking him on soon.

Name:	18. Wulfric's Gym.JPG
Views:	279
ID:	5679

Current team is: Delphox, Sylveon, Talonflame, Heliolisk, Aegislash, and Goodra
Old October 16, 2013, 03:40:21 PM

Badges: 8

Spoiler    
Wulfric looks like Santa. xD Unfortunately, his team was very easy to beat. He only had 3 Pokémon in his team and all of them were weak to Fire. His trump card is his Avalugg, but it has pretty low Special Defense and it'll usually use Curse instead of actually attacking you. 

Name:	19. vs Wulfric.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	5686Click image for larger version

Name:	19. Sylveon vs Avalugg.JPG
Views:	300
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	5681

With the badge in hand, I left the gym and Wulfric met me outside. He said that since I have all 8 badges, I'll be able to challenge the Pokémon league. I headed West out of the city into Route 21. This route is pretty short and it leads directly to the Pokémon league entrance. One little thing I did first though was turning the EXP Share off. My levels are already somewhat crazy (upper 60s) and I don't want the Elite 4 or Champion to be too easy to beat.

When I came to the league entrance, the guy guarding the gate checked my badges and he actually battled me. The trainers in victory road are no pushover either, even though my Pokémon are overleveled for the most part. When I got to the mountain area of Victory Road, Serena stopped me and challenged me to one final battle before I could continue on.

Name:	19. Serena wants to battle.JPG
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	5680Click image for larger version

Name:	19. vs. Serena.JPG
Views:	359
ID:	5687Click image for larger version

Name:	19. Sylveon vs. Greninja.JPG
Views:	615
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	5682
This battle was pretty easy, she now had 5 Pokémon to use against me and her highest level was 61.

I'm really impressed with how the developers laid out the design for Victory Road. It's quite similar to Black 2's Victory Road; very big and it takes you around several different environments.

Name:	19. Victory Road Entrance.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	5683Click image for larger version

Name:	19. Victory Road.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	5685Click image for larger version

Name:	19. Victory Road Mountain Area.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	5684

I don't know how much of Victory Road is left for me to explore, but I'm getting the feeling that I'm about at the halfway mark.

Current team is: Delphox, Sylveon, Talonflame, Heliolisk, Aegislash, and Goodra
Old October 16, 2013, 07:52:45 PM

Badges: 8
Pokémon League Champion

Spoiler    
Turns out I was right about the halfway thing. It took a good ten more minutes to get through the rest of Victory Road (The Victory Road theme is pretty good too). Oh, and I also saw thought this was funny. 

Name:	20. My Body is Ready.JPG
Views:	441
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	5696
Victory Road (forums), my body is ready to take on the Elite 4!

When I got out of the cave, I went to the Pokémon Center and healed up my Pokémon. I also went to the PokeMart to stock up on supplies. I think I went a little overboard with buying items; I got 20 Hyper Potions, 15 Revives, 10 Full Restores, and 20 Full Heals. The Pokémon League Building is HUGE.

Name:	20. The Pokemon League.JPG
Views:	502
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	5697

When I went inside, there were 2 big corridors- when I got to the other side, there was no turning back. One of the Elite 4 members greeted me when I arrived and explained that I could face the Elite 4 in any order. I was even told before by someone in the building that the types that are used by the Elite 4 are Water, Steel, Dragon, and Fire.

One thing I dislike about this Elite 4 is that each member only has 4 Pokémon like in Gen 5. However, I want to say that these guys were a bit tougher- and I was overleveled. The first guy I faced was Wikstrom, the Steel user of the Elite 4. I consider him the hardest of all the Elite 4 members. His Aegislash especially gave me a lot of trouble, it has a lot of Attack and Knight's Shield can be an annoying move to deal with. You have to be careful with his Klefki too, it has Prankster and it can set up Spikes.

Name:	20. vs Wikstrom.JPG
Views:	350
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	5703

The 2nd Elite 4 member I faced was Malva, a Fire user. Her team isn't bad, but that Chandelure can get really annoying with Confuse Ray. You can pretty much Surf your way through this battle if you're lucky. Her other Pokémon that might be some trouble is her Talonflame, it has Brave Bird.

Name:	20. vs Malva.JPG
Views:	962
ID:	5701

The 3rd Elite 4 member I faced was Drasna. Her team was a real big pushover for me because I had a Goodra AND a Sylveon. Dragon types just got completely nerfed because of Fairy types. I seriously ripped her whole team apart from using just Sylveon.

Name:	20. vs Drasna.JPG
Views:	798
ID:	5700

The 4th Elite 4 member I faced was Siebold. I consider him the funniest member of the Elite 4. He kind of reminds of the 2nd Mizukage from Naruto both in appearance and mannerisms. His team is pretty interesting...or would be interesting if I didn't win so quickly. His team is very weak to electric attacks and I critted two times with Thunderbolt from my Heliolisk.

Name:	20. vs Siebold.JPG
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	5702

Then I got to reach the Champion room. Wouldn't you know, the champion is Diantha. I had a feeling it might be her from the first time I saw her in Lumiose City, either champion or an Elite 4 member. Now her team...uhh, it was quite easy to defeat apart from her Gardevoir. I also sent out my Goodra against hers to see how it would match up; we just kept slamming each other with Dragon Pulses until mine won. She has a Mega Gardevoir on her team, it's level 68 and it hits like a truck. I actually thought I was in a bit of trouble when it took out 2 members of my team. However, it seems to be fairly frail when it comes to physical defense. Shadow Sneak from my Aegislash was able to take it out fairly quickly. After beating her, I had my team recorded into the Hall of Fame.

Name:	20. vs Champion Diantha.JPG
ID:	5699

Just when I thought everything was over, AZ arrived at the parade in Lumiose City before the credits rolled and challenged me to a battle. His team was purposely made to be easy to take down I bet. After the battle ended, he gained his passion toward Pokémon back and was reunited with his Floette.

Name:	20. vs AZ.JPG
Views:	868
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	5698

Now with the credits rolling, I'll give my thoughts about the game. First off, it was AMAZING. The graphics, music, and battles were very entertaining. I love how big the region is, there was so much exploration and it turned out to be one of my longest adventures before reaching the post game. I love all of the Pokémon designs apart from Diggersby (sorry, this thing creeps me out). Here are my complaints: the EXP Share is broken and it can easily make your team overleveled. Sure you can always turn it off, but then you really won't have an easier way of training weaker Pokémon. One other slight complaint is that the framrate sometimes drops during a certain moment in battle; I think it's when both Pokémon are shown at the same time during battle. I never came across any of the bugs in this game, but from what people are saying, they can be pretty severe, so those should really be patched. One thing I absolutely love about this game is how your Pokémon can display feelings during battle if you play with them enough with Pokémon Amie, it makes them feel more like actual companions rather than data.

Dunno if anyone's been following me closely because of people wanting to avoid spoilers, but I hope watching me play through the game was somewhat entertaining. ^^ Now that I've played through the whole game, I might as well check out everyone else's adventure threads.

Last edited by Reuniclus; October 16, 2013 at 07:53:28 PM. Reason: Forgot the Spoiler tab >_>