Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 12, 2010, 12:19:15 AM
Rayquaza

Default Unconfirmed News - by Pokébeach

Pokébeach updaed yesterday with unconfirmed news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokébeach
This afternoon we were contacted by a man named Martijn Müller, the webmaster of an old and famous Zelda website. He claimed to have insider information on Black and White, and after spending a few hours verifying he was who he claimed to be, we decided to indulge and see what he had to say. Granted, we often get a lot of people claiming to know insider information on Pokemon games, with some going to extreme lengths to fool us. However, he has revealed insider information to gaming communities before, which leads us to believe he is telling the truth. He also personally showed me some developer material from Black and White, which further cemented to me that he was telling the truth. Nevertheless, this information could be one highly elaborate scheme (it wouldn't be the first time), so for now, please just take all of it with a grain of salt - it's not confirmed and could be fake. As a fan site it is our duty to post rumors when we have gone to reasonable lengths to verify the sources, which is why we decided to post this. Remember, grain of salt!
There will be 157 new Pokemon, bringing the total amount to 650.
Like how Giratina compliments Dialga and Palkia, a large, green cobra will accompany Reshiram and Zekrom.
Tauros will have an evolution: Minotauros. It stands on two legs.
In previous games, either through moves or through abilities, players were able to alter the weather conditions of the battle field to boost certain types. For example, Groudon's Drought summons sunlight, which boosts Fire-type moves by 50%. In Black and White, players will be able to collect certain items that alter the weather conditions of the battle field. Approximately twenty of these items will affect the weather conditions so that they will boost certain types (kind of like Stadium cards in the TCG?), with some types getting added bonuses depending on the item. As a side note, in today's CoroCoro scans, there was a screenshot showing a new weather indicator (we overlooked it), which could give credence to this claim.
One example will be setting up a Poison Field, which causes all Poison-type attacks to gain 30% accuracy, Sludge Bomb to have a 100% poison rate, and the effects of Toxic Spikes' poison to have an immediate effect.
Black and white, good versus evil, and yin and yang are going to play a major part in the plot. However, unlike previous Pokemon games, the decisions and choices you make will "influence" the plot of the game. If you make "good" choices, you might get certain help or items, whereas "bad" choices could have negative effects. The point is that the plot will not be as cut-and-dry as previous games, changing depending on the player's actions.
Tsutaaja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru had rough designs over this past year or so, but in the last few months received major overhauls, becoming the final designs we see today.
http://pokebeach.com/
Old June 12, 2010, 12:32:47 AM
Celebi

This seemed most random: Tauros will have an evolution: Minotauros. It sounds like a weak idea for an evo. D:

The game, however, sounds a lot more interesting. I hope this is right.
Old June 12, 2010, 01:20:28 AM
Kyurem

I'm... Wow, this sounds awesome.
Old June 12, 2010, 01:49:02 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Henge View Post
This seemed most random: Tauros will have an evolution: Minotauros. It sounds like a weak idea for an evo. D:

The game, however, sounds a lot more interesting. I hope this is right.
What got to me a bit is that I thought of the exact name MINOTAUROS as an evolution for Tauros when I was 8 years old (seven years ago). xD If it happens to be true, I`m going to feel pretty ripped-off.

As for decisions influencing the story, while it does sound interesting, it may mean players might have to pick certain choices if they want to get certain Pokemon, items, ect.

However, it would also help teach people (or children, at least) that doing what`s right "pays off". Given that Reshiram and Zekrom are based on Yin and Yang, which represent Light and Dark, or Good and Evil, it does sound plausible. The concept of Yin and Yang also teaches that all evil possesses some good, and all good possesses some evil, which would fit in with the choice being given to players, in that everyone has a capacity to go either way.
Old June 12, 2010, 02:32:10 AM
Rayquaza

The description for minotauros sounds like a furry.

I really like the idea of types being enhanced via stadium it's kind of like the idea I had a couple months ago.
Old June 12, 2010, 03:02:57 AM
Rayquaza

For those who don't know, there is an ancient Greek legend about the Minotaur, which was half an ox, and and half human. It walked on two legs as well. Therefore, the name Minotauros seems to be a sensible name, especially with its description.

I also like the idea of different stadiums. It is going to be creative.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; June 12, 2010 at 03:03:35 AM.
Old June 12, 2010, 11:48:22 AM
Celebi

I love the minotaur and all the myths that relate to it. I'm depressed that Pokemon will ruin that, unless Minotauros is bad-ass like the real minotaur.
Old June 12, 2010, 11:56:28 AM
Regigigas

WOW 157 Pokemon!!!!11!!!11
A few days ago when the name was announced,I was thinking it would be awesome if Tauros gets an evolution! I was thinking that it's name would be Minotauros.If it is right,I would laugh so hard!!!
The decision based storyline sound so awesome!
Old June 12, 2010, 12:25:29 PM
Joltik

I hope the stadium effects are done really well because we don't want to make it harder to survive in competitive battling do we? XD
Old June 12, 2010, 12:29:27 PM
Administrator

Wow, 650 Pokémon (now to include them ALL into one long epic Pokérap). I do like the idea of a non-linear storyline.
Old June 12, 2010, 12:39:31 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Henge View Post
I'm depressed that Pokemon will ruin that.
Once again, Jason, always looking at the negatives.
1. There's no solid evidence
2. SO HOW THE **** CAN YOU KNOW?!

Anyway, I hope these all come true, they sound awesome!
The weather thing will change competitive battling (If they're hold items), like activating rain without wasting a move. Floatzel will then be the best Water type EVAR.
Old June 12, 2010, 01:07:03 PM
Joltik

Qoute from Ningamer: Anyway, I hope these all come true, they sound awesome!
The weather thing will change competitive battling (If they're hold items), like activating rain without wasting a move. Floatzel will then be the best Water type EVAR.

And the knock off will become the best move ever! XD
Old June 12, 2010, 02:35:54 PM
Zoroark

@ Jason: Pokemon is getting with the modern day. Nothing is being ruined, but something new is being tried out. You need to learn to support it and look at the positive information and stop making it seem so bad.
Old June 12, 2010, 02:44:44 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Wow, 650 Pokémon (now to include them ALL into one long epic Pokérap). I do like the idea of a non-linear storyline.
...It would just get boring after a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Once again, Jason, always looking at the negatives.
1. There's no solid evidence
2. SO HOW THE **** CAN YOU KNOW?!
What? Pokémon is known for ruining things... *cough*Bidoof*cough*
Old June 12, 2010, 04:26:13 PM
Celebi

Thanks for defending my OPINION, FreezeWarp. I hate the losers here that doesn't know what an opinion is.

@Ningamer: Stop being a hater and get off my back!!

@EricThePelipper: You too. I can look at anything however I want to.

Both of you seem to miss all my positive outlooks, so both of you need to stop hating on me and leave me alone!
Old June 12, 2010, 10:24:03 PM
Regigigas

I hope this is true. It sounds awesome.
Old June 12, 2010, 11:20:04 PM

I find some of this to be striking.
Quote:
There will be 157 new Pokemon, bringing the total amount to 650.
Holy ****!
That'll be the most pokemon introduced so far.
Old June 13, 2010, 05:20:41 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
That'll be the most pokemon introduced so far.
I feel sorry for myself. How am I going to memorize the new Pokémon with 157 added?! xD
Old June 13, 2010, 07:54:52 AM
Regigigas

Don't like the idea of items being able to change "the weather."

That was the whole reason of Groudon and Kyogre. At least Air Lock will still probably work against that stupid krap. -_-

That's about the only thing I don't like about this. Hopefully, that weather thing is not true.
Old June 13, 2010, 09:50:45 AM
Giratina

Holy crap! 650 Pokémon is a massive number to collect in one game.
Also, I hope Tauros gets this rumoured evolution because it does sound like it's going to be awesome.
Also, I'm really very pleased to see that the plot has evolved to a more 'complex' level, including the influence of decisions made by the gamer and the whole 'Yin and Yang' basis. Sounds like the games are going to be a bit deeper than the previous ones.
Lastly, I hope the weather-related stadiums/items/whatever turn out to be useful.
Old June 13, 2010, 05:52:36 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
You'd quit at 300
Old June 18, 2010, 05:52:38 PM
Kyurem

xD this sounds awesome
If they make Tauros an evolution I wanna see a miltank eovlution then xD
I don't understand what a green Cobra has to do with Zekrom and Reshiram o.e
Sounds like a shiny Arbok to me xD
Old June 22, 2010, 11:43:57 AM
Joltik

It sounds like Black and White could give the series a much needed boost especially by revamping the battle system and answering the fans payers by finally upping the quality of the graphics.
Old June 22, 2010, 12:16:00 PM
Volcarona

I'm a bit apprehensive about weather items. As long as it didn't make abilities like sand stream useless, I guess they would basically be like weather-altering x-stat items. I'm still not keen on it.
Minotauros? No problems here. New evolutions for old pokemon are something I look forward to.
A non-linear storyline is sweet, as long as you can eventually obtain everything regardless of which side you take (or at least get a second chance).
Old June 22, 2010, 12:16:03 PM
Zoroark

I really hope Minotauros won't be a dissapointment if he's real... Tauros needs an evo pretty badly, and it would suck for it to be a letdown.
Old June 22, 2010, 01:11:05 PM
Mudkip

Haha minotauros is a strange name (considering that all pokemon have the strangest names)
Old June 22, 2010, 01:17:11 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Joker View Post
It sounds like Black and White could give the series a much needed boost especially by revamping the battle system and answering the fans payers by finally upping the quality of the graphics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A'bom View Post
I'm a bit apprehensive about weather items. As long as it didn't make abilities like sand stream useless, I guess they would basically be like weather-altering x-stat items. I'm still not keen on it.
Minotauros? No problems here. New evolutions for old pokemon are something I look forward to.
A non-linear storyline is sweet, as long as you can eventually obtain everything regardless of which side you take (or at least get a second chance).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeiDragunov View Post
I really hope Minotauros won't be a dissapointment if he's real... Tauros needs an evo pretty badly, and it would suck for it to be a letdown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsmyname153 View Post
Haha minotauros is a strange name (considering that all pokemon have the strangest names)
Sorry to burst your bubbles, but this news is considered by many to be fake before you four posted. The guy who 'leaked' this posted a 'picture of Minotauros', which is actually fanart made by someone else long before, and the guy claimed it to be 'beta artwork'.
Old June 22, 2010, 01:38:33 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Sorry to burst your bubbles, but this news is considered by many to be fake before you four posted. The guy who 'leaked' this posted a 'picture of Minotauros', which is actually fanart made by someone else long before, and the guy claimed it to be 'beta artwork'.
Hm, well I'll be dipped. Looked up the "real" Minotauros. Now I'm glad he was fake XD
Old June 22, 2010, 11:06:52 PM
Rayquaza

These news are all unconfirmed. I believe that they will be confirmed by the next issue of CoroCoro.
Old June 25, 2010, 08:24:28 AM
Joltik

Angry

Quote:
My post had nothing to do with me getting all gullible and accepting the "Fake" news, i was commenting on how whatever they bring to the series, this or not, it would give the series a much needed boost so please don't group me with what you believe to be gullible fools.
Old June 30, 2010, 05:12:01 PM
Magikarp

So far the triple battle system proved to be true so maybe this person is telling the truth.

Last edited by Yoshi648; June 30, 2010 at 06:32:46 PM.
Old July 17, 2010, 03:58:20 AM
Joltik

Brain OVALOAD Info
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!