Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Fan Fiction and Literature
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 1, 2011, 12:24:55 PM
Shaymin

Default My Unova Adventure

Lane's Journal

DAY 1: How it began

It is always loud in Castelia city, with the music, cars, trains, and such. I loved it here; it was a place for people-people. I say an Alomomola flop in and out of the water. It was nice and peaceful down at the pier, with all the boats and sailors. They are so nice and happy with there pokemon by there side. That is why I spent my time sitting at the pier, to see the sea life and observe the water pokemon all around. My precious Spheal sat in my lap sleeping, this was as peaceful as it got in Castelia.
My phone rang, it was my mom. “Lane, supper will be ready soon, please come home.”
“Okay, be there soon.” I wiggled my Spheal to wake him up. “It’s time to go buddy.” I picked the half awake Spheal up and carried him down the road. He was only a year old, I had gotten my little Spheal last year when I turned 13. When my dad was trying to hide him the day before my birthday he hatched. So I got my lovely Spheal a day early. I was supposed to get him as an egg but that didn’t matter to me.
A man came up to me, “Sir, what kind of pokemon is that!” I got this a lot since Spheal weren’t common in the Unova Region, because Spheal’s come from the Hoenn Region. “This is Spheal, they come from the Hoenn.” It got kind of tiring with people asking me once a day.
Prime Pier was the closer of the three open piers. So It didn’t take as long to get to my house. Unfortunately, for me, the apartment building of mine was the last on the street; Two buildings away from the Pokemon Massage Service and four buildings away from the Pokemon Center, which I was now passing. The way the city evolves so fast it is hard to stay in one position of comfort, but that didn’t take my love for the city, it never would.
Spheal was now awake, he was hungry. “We will be there soon, buddy, okay?” He whimpered a little meaning he was really hungry. I started to run for the house, bumping into people was inevitable if I wanted to my house.
Then there we were, my building. I opened the door, walked down the hallway and pressed the elevator button. Tap, Tap, Tap, my foot went. Come on elevator. As fast as I could I got our apartment. When I opened the door my mom and dad were at the table waiting for me, but did I care, no. I set Spheal down and ran to the cabinet and grabbed a box of Pokemon Food, and poured some in Spheals bowl. All was well. At least it was for a minute.
“Where were you!? What took you so long!? Why didn’t you say ‘hello? It is rude’”
“Mom, I was at Prime Pier, I was stopped by this guy, because I was worried about Spheal.” My mom was like this all the time over protective, but my dad wanted to give me more responsibility and my mother didn’t approve of that. I
I couldn’t decide, should I, or shouldn’t I…. I should, it would be a futile effort, but it would be worth the try. So once again I asked the question, “Mom, Dad, do you think I could go on an adventure?”
LANE! WE HAVE TOLD YOU NO!
“AMY! I thought we were talking about this!”
“Tony, he is too young! He could get hurt, he could get napped! WHAT WOULD WE DO THEN!”
After there little argument at supper, it was very tense at the table; with small talk and A LOT of gesturing grunts. It was hard to see my parents like this, I hated seeing them aargue and bicker. Especially when the fought over me! It made me feel bad, but I put up with it so they didn’t feel like they did something wrong.

Last edited by teamplasma; October 29, 2011 at 12:52:26 PM.
Old October 1, 2011, 06:29:37 PM
Shaymin

DAY 2; Part 1: I'm Leavin'!

Like most days I got up and took a warm shower, which was VERY relaxing (considering what he endured last night). Lane was very clean and organized, it felt right to be neat and cleansed. Then he would go down stairs with Spheal and eat a bowl of cereal while Spheal would roll on the floor until he ran into something (rolling is much faster for Spheals than walking). Then Lane would brush his teeth, then comb his brown hair.
Today he wore a gray under shirt and a blue over shirt (unbuttoned and short sleaved), with a yellow scarf and dark blue jeans. This was his favorite outfit, he wore it often so it was basically his generic look. But since he liked it he wore it and didn’t care what said about it. He went downstairs and watched TV, nothing good is every one at 7:30 am. So Lane did what he always did when there was nothing to do… think. Was there some reason the owner of the apartments gave us the top two floors? (I don’t know). Would I ever go on an adventure? (probably not). What would I do on an adventure? (Probably try to be a trainer or something, I’m not sure). That question is what caught Lane, what would he do on an adventure? This was going to trouble him.
Then Lane’s parents came through the door singing “Happy Birthday”. Dear lord, this was embarrassing, they even had a cake to make it worse!!! “Aw, thanks, this is really nice.” Lane said trying to hide the embarrassment.
Wow, cake at 8:45 in the morning! This was great! But then they said it, what I HAD been waiting for before today. “Lane, we have decided to allow you to adventure the Unova Region,” My jaw dropped, they continued, “under one circumstance, you must prove that you can defend yourself in a battle.”
“With who?”
“Your dad.”
“MY DAD!?!”
“Is there something wrong?”
“Uh, no ma’am.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

At about noon we battled in the Training Center, west of the town. “The battle between Lane Sommers and Tony Sommers will now begin!” said one of the workers there.
I looked down at the Spheal in my arms, “You ready?” He nodded (the best he could). Spheal jumped to the padded floor. My dad then selected his pokemon, “Go Sandile!” This was the little Sandile my dad had caught a few days prior. That mean they wouldn’t have had that much time to train.
“Sandile use Bite!” Sandshrew ran towards us and landed the first hit.
“Water Gun, Spheal” It also hit, but this attack hit with a little more oomph. “Good job Spheal!”
“Sand Tomb” Sandile kicked up some sand making Spheal roll back a bit, but that was nothing to bulky Spheal; though it still could have hurt him. “You okay? Now you use an Ice Ball attack!” a small ball of ice soon turned into a large clump of ice and Spheal spat it at Sandile; Who was now pretty badly damaged. My mom, on the side lines , was biting her finger nails.
“Okay, okay, you have done well. I think you have proved yourself, and Amy, you can stop worrying.” My mom came up and hugged me. She whispered “Make sure you don’t forget anything when you leave.” in my ear. I reassured her I wouldn’t.
They had left me in there with my Spheal by myself. “We did it, boy!” I hugged Spheal with tremendous amounts of joy. “That’s a very nice Spheal you have.” A girl was standing behind me.
“Thank you, may I ask, who are you?” That is what I asked to the girl in the white dress with a long-sleeved vest (which was gray). Her long, purple hair (that ran to about her butt) swooshed when she turned her head. “I am Lola; that means violet… I think. I am from the country parts of the Unova Region, me family own a little dinner near Anville Town.”
“Oh, nice to meet you. What are you doing here In Castelia City?”
“I’m just passing through and thought I would stop here. I need to go to Striaton City to give a pokemon to my cousin. I came here because there is a shortcut that I heard of so I was going to go there instead of going through all of all those towns” Lane could tell she gave a lot of information, and fast, actually more than needed!
“Hey that would be a great place to start my journey! I want to battle all of the gym leaders and become the best trainer in the Unova Region!”
“That would be great! I like traveling with people! So we better get going!”
Old October 2, 2011, 10:22:55 AM
Shaymin

DAY 2; Part 2: Lost in the forest of crazy

Before we went to Striaton City I stopped by my house to grab a few things; such as my phone, a couple of pokeballs, a potion, antidote, and a map. It was just the essentials, you know. Then we stopped at the Pokemon Center and healed my Spheal. While Lola and I were waiting I brought up the question, “Hey Lola, how many pokemon do you have?”
Like she always does she gives you more information then you asked for, “Well, back at the café we use many of our pokemon friends for cookin’ and help around, we have two Gothorita that help us serve and a Vanillish who help with frozen treats, a Sawsbuck, oh and a Semisear; he likes helping in the kitchen. But I carry two pokemon with me a Lillipup, who is my newest addition to my team, and a Lilligant, who I have had for a very long time.” I just nodded, not bothering to get her going even more. “Is Spheal your only pokemon?” Again I just nodded so she wouldn’t go on, but that is a little mean so I told her, “Yeah I got him as a present a year ago from today.”
“Oh, that’s cool”
Then Nurse Joy and her Audino came out with my Spheal. He looked better then ever, bright and happy. “Do you have a pokeball for your Spheal?” She asked me as Nurse Joy handed Spheal over.
“No, he doesn’t like being in there.” Why would she care about such things?
“Well, you might need one for him when he evolves, so you might want to get him one now.” She was right, Sealeos have a harder time at rolling (but it is easier for them if they are in an Ice Ball attack) and swimming and walking give them a hard time too.
I looked down at Spheal, “Will you for future purpose” I smiled to make Spheal seem more welcome to the idea. He arfed a little to let me know it was fine. So I took out one of my pokeballs and clicked it to make it grow. A red light shot a Spheal to capture him. The ball shook a little, but then it flashed red letting me know it could come out now. When he came out I thanked him for cooperating and he jumped back into my arms. That was the first official capture I have had.
Then we were FINALLY on our way to the beginning of our adventure.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Secret Road, 3:30pm

So no we were on Lola “Short cut” but it was a dud. We were lost. There wasn’t really even a road anymore! So basically we were wondering around a forest just trying to make it to Striaton City. The scary part was will we get out of this forest! My cell phone didn’t get reception and the map doesn’t help if you don’t know where you are. We just need a sign, a little help.
“UHPH!"
“What was that?”
“I don’t know.” Lola replied.
“Wasn’t me.”
“Me neither.”
“It was me you nit wits! You stepped on me!!!”
“Who said that?” I said in alarm.
“Look down!” I did, but no one was there. But then a man took of a sheet that disguised him as the ground under us. He sat up and said, “No apology?”
“Oh I’m sorry sir I didn’t mean t…”
“…Are you challenging me?!?”
“No si..”
“You think you are tough huh?” Oh brother, this guy was a loony. “So I suppose you want to fight, thinking you can step on people!”
“Sir what were you doing there anyways!”
“I was hunting for rare pokemon that come out when the think the coast is clear! Those kind of pokemon!” Yup, he was loony alright. Without letting me talk he went even further, “Go Sewaddle!” He sent out a Sewaddle, but the poor, weak Sewaddle looked as delusional as him. I was going to go easy one him.
“Let’s go Spheal!” Spheal jumped down from my arms.
“Sewaddle! Let’s start with Tackle!” The little worm throws itself at Spheal. It was quite pathetic really.
“Let’s use an Ice Ball!” A ball of ice formed at the mouth of Spheal and he lunged it at Sewaddle making it hit Sewaddle before he could hit us with Tackle.
“You can’t do that! Sewaddle, now String Shot.” This didn’t do lie last time, the String shot was fast. Spheal was wrapped in a bundle of string.
“Spheal use Powder Snow.” As simple as it was he blew a light, yet cold, sheet of snow at Sewaddle. Like I said, weak, Sewaddle was badly hurt by it. Powder Snow was a very weak attack too. But I was going easy on him.
“Sewaddle don’t take this! Use Bug Bite!” The crazy little Sewaddle bit Spheal, but the bulkiness of Spheal absorbed most of the pain.
“Spheal lets just end this! Use Ice Ball!” That was the final blow; the Sewaddle flew like a paper airplane and hit a tree.
“You meanies! You made him faint!” I was irritated, mad, and about to blow a cap!
“WHERE IS STRIATON CITY!”
“That way!” he said.
HOW FAR!”
“Not far!”
“Thank you.” I said, “Sorry you guys had to see that” I said to the rest of them.
Old October 6, 2011, 05:05:16 PM
Shaymin

Day 3: Part 1; A small bit and a wait

(When we got to Striaton City we stayed at the PokeCenter for the night since it was dark by then)

I looked upon Striaton City and it looked well, boring! There was a school, a PokeCenter, a few houses and a gym. Not much to choose from, it seemed to me like our stay here would be long, be it would be boring.
“So what should we do here?” I said glazing at the maps information.
“Well I’m a little hungry, want to go to that restaurant, it is also a gym!” Without warni9ng she trotted of towards the café/gym. So Spheal and I followed behind her. Lola was such a kid, always going of into her own little world…
…In the café we sat at the counter, “Hello my name is Chili, I will be your waiter this evening how may I help you?”
Lola began, “Hey! You are a gym leader here! I think you are probably the fire leader, because of your flaming head of hair! I’s Lola and this is La…”
“Ma’am, your orders please, we are very busy!” Chili yelled toward a man in the kitchen some orders. He had droopy blue hair and looked a little mopey . HE looked up and just nodded all depressed like.
“I would like just a sub sandwich with tomato, onion, peppers, Honey Mustard, Mayo, lettuce, ham, and bacon.” When Chili started to say okay Lola cut in and said, “Oh and pepperoni!” Chili just sighed and scribbled some stuff out, then wrote some more. After throwing some irritated looks at his pod of paper he ask me, “What can I get for you?” I said “Nothing please” He mumbled Only if Cilan was here. It was pretty busy, I emitted, but nothing for a restaurant to complain about.
Then after a little wait Lola got her sandwich, and when Chili came to give the sandwich to Lola I asked him, “Hey, I was wondering if I could challenge your gym.” He just huffed and said, ”Come back after hours!” Then walked away.
Old October 16, 2011, 10:38:52 AM
Shaymin

Day 3: Part 2; A day with sanity

We walked out of the nice restaurant and sat on a near by park-bench. It was a little sad for me, I came here and I have to wait and wait and wait! I feel like the world is filled with loons, just look at Lola and the guy from the forest! This was insanity, I needed to go somewhere there wasn’t people that would battle me on-sight or talk so much my head gets numb. That was when I got the idea of the sanest place here.
“Lola, you go and feed your Pokemon, or something, I need to go somewhere ALONE. Meet me back at this bench at about 6:30!” And with that I ran across town with the faint sound of Lola questioning me from the bench.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Striaton Trainer School.

I walked into the brick building and looked around, a nice cream colored room with desks a small bathroom and a few battle demonstration charts on the wall. The smell reminded me of the apartment building back home. This was the right place for sanity. And Lane was thankful for that. Then again he scanned the room for someone to be there, the doors were unlocked so it was a good sign that someone was here.
Lane walked around the room looking at the posters and such. One poster really caught his eye. It was a picture of a Litwick using “Fire Spin” and a Panpour using “Water Gun”. But the Water Gun attack was inside the Fire Spin attack and under the picture it read “COMBINATION ATTACKS: 1 +1 = 1?” I haven’t seen one used before, but it was fascinating! I would really like to try it. A low cheer came from somewhere, but what I heard was so faint it was like it was just a thought. I decided to ignore it for now. But as I went over to the teacher’s desk I heard it again. Where was this coming from? Then as I approached a door on the right side of the desk it got even louder, I opened the door to see what it was.
The door leads me outside to a battle field, a large group of (probably) 8 year olds were circling the field looking at a (for what it seemed) intense battle between a Patrat and a Trubbish. The Trubbish splattered a gross guck at Patrat, but the trainer of the Patrat commanded it to use Detect to block it. Then the trainer of Patrat said to use Bite on Trubbish. I was guessing the kids were learning about dodging when the Trubbish actually pivoted left when Patrat got close.
I went up to the teacher and asked here, “Ma’am, may speak to you? I’m Lane from Castelia City.” She the answered, “Very well.” And told the kids to keep battling while she spoke to me. We walked inside and then sat at her desk (me sitting in a small kids chair feeling quite uncomfortable).
“So what can I do you for, Lane?” She said politely.
“Well I want to become a pokemon master and I am going to battle my first gym here really soon, I was hoping I could learn something or another. Do you think That would be fine?”
“Well, I have a class right now.”
“Please miss, this would mean A LOT to me, I would really appreciate it.”
She then thought about it, or just looked at the ceiling like a weirdo, “Well I suppose, but first stop calling me ‘miss and ma’am’, I am Mrs. Pompaday.”
“Thank you Mrs. Pompaday!” I said enthused!
“Let me see all of your pokemon.” She quickly said with a strict voice. I released Spheal from his pokeball and set him on my lap. She examined his with a sour face. “Well, your Spheal looks strong and healthy, and big for a Spheal, too.”
“So what do I do?”
“IS THAT ALL THE POKEMON YOU HAVE?!?” She yelled in surprise.
“Um, yeah, I do believe so.” I said meekly.
“If you are going to be a master, or even battle a gym you need more then one pokemon! That is one of the things I teach here, ‘To win a battle of power and wit, you need a variety to drive you opponent in the pit’, but we shall put this matter aside for now. Let’s take a quiz on pokemon.” She started scornfully, ending with a smile.
“I’ll be fine with that.”
“Good, so let’s begin.” Mrs. Pompaday said, “Question 1: When Tepig and Oshawott are in a battle, who will statistically win?”
That’s an easy one! “Oshawott!” I proclaimed.
“Good enough, but I need a little more detail. Question 2: What will happen if you use an Earthquake attack on an Eelektrik?”
“Hm, The Eelektrik will probably faint, because electric types get hurt a lot by ground attacks.” I said with pride. We had learned this stuff at our school back home.
“Incorrect! That was a poor answer, and Eelektrik levitates so it can’t be hurt by an Earthquake! But you receive half a point for knowledge of weaknesses. Last question: What is the strongest factor in a battle?”
This was something I knew from the heart. “It is spirit, it will get you and your pokemon through anything.”
Mrs. Pompaday was astonished, she hugged me, but I just gave her a weird look, “None, of my students have ever said such a thing! You pass! As a reward for this I will give you on of 3 Pokemon! Come and look!” She then took me to another side of the room and opened a closet and took out a box. She then took 3 pokeballs out of it and released them on the counter next to the closet.
“These are pokemon that are from the Johto Region! The people at the shelter gave them to me., but they were too special to give to just anyone. So meet Togepi, Pichu, and Magby!”
Old October 17, 2011, 01:30:23 PM
Mudkip

Great start. So wich triplet willl you battle? Chilli with Pansear,Cilan wtih Pansage or (in my opinion the hardest) Cress wih Pampour?
Old October 17, 2011, 03:21:49 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reshiram5 View Post
Great start. So wich triplet willl you battle? Chilli with Pansear,Cilan wtih Pansage or (in my opinion the hardest) Cress wih Pampour?
Here is a quote from Day 3 Part 1

"He mumbled Only if Cilan was here"

Hinting that Cilan is on his adventure with Ash and Iris.
Old October 21, 2011, 09:06:24 AM
Shaymin

Day 3: Part 3; Togepi is on a winning spree!

“So you got a Togepi!?!”
“Yup, the teacher just gave it to me after I took her little test.”
“WOW! I wish I could have gotten a new pokemon!”
“Yeah, but what if I have to use her in my gym battle?”
“Well we can quickly train, it IS only 6 o’clock.”
“Um sure, I guess that could work.”
Lola sent out her Lilligant, she was really a graceful pokemon. Lilligant bowed and greeted me with a “Lilli”. I sent out my new friend Togepi. Then I noticed I knew nothing about Togepi, it’s attacks, abilities, nothing! So I pulled up my Pokedex app on me iPhone and scanned she pokeball. “Togepi, the Spike Ball Pokemon, Its shell is said to be stuffed with happiness that it shares with kindhearted people.” Then it gave me its ability, Serene Grace, and its learned moves. I love my iPhone.
“You may go first, Lane.”
I was unsure if I should use Metronome or not, because it is a completely random move. “Okay Togepi, use Metronome.” Then Togepi shook her fingers and started to glow.
Togepi started running towards Lilligant and the glowing fingers turned a dark purple. She then jabbed her finger into the side of Lilligant. “Wow, that was a Poison Jab!”
“Lane, that was a bit too powerful! Togepi poisoned Lilligant! Lucky I have an antidote.” Lola gave it to Lilligant and the battle continued. “Lilligant, use Magical Leaf!” Shadow covered leaves then flew at Togepi, but she didn’t even notice. She was just dancing around dodging every one of the leaves. This made my jaw drop, how did she do that!
“Togepi it is time for another metronome, since it so well last time.” Again her two fingers started to glow and she waved them back and forth. Then a storm of lava spewed toward Lilligant, “This is a Lava Plume!!!” Lola screamed at Lilligant to dodge, but it was too late. Lilligant had flew across the street and onto the ground.
“Lane, your Togepi is just cruel!” Togepi started crying when she heard that so I picked her up and rocked her like a baby, “Its okay, she didn’t mean that.”
“I’m going to the Pokecenter! You go to your battle.”

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Striaton Gym

I opened the door to the café and there was no one there. “Hello? Anyone there?”
“Yup, were just back here washing dishes, we’ll be right out.” I sat up at the counter on a bar stool, these were nice, I thought as the brown leather squeaked as I shifted positions. I never did have a chance to look around; it was a nice little place. It had pieces of art of sale that hung on the walls, and pretty vases of flowers in all of the booths .
“What can I do for you?” asked the guy that waited on us before, his name was Chili.
“Earlier you said I could battle you if I came later.” I politely reminded him.
“That’s right, the fellow with the Spheal.”
“Yup that’s me. So are you ready for the battle?”
“You bet I am! Cress, come here, we have a challenger!” Chili yelled out into the kitchen.
“Cool! Be right out, wait for me in the arena!” Without a response Chili gestured me toward a door at the end of the way. It was engraved with pictures of pokemon of all types, but mostly water, grass, and fire types. Past the door was the field we were going to battle. It was dusty and had small rocks scattered around it. Left of the middle was a small pond, parallel to that was a small forest of trees (probably 40 of them). This was why the out side looked so big and the café seemed so small.
As I stood at the challengers box on one side of the riveting arena, Cress flew through the doors and panted, he must have really been trying to get here fast. Both of the gym leaders walked toward me and said in sync, “Cilan is gone” “So it is just us.” “He left with this kid named Ash” “And a girl named Iris,” “But that won’t stop us from winning” “I am Chili, representing fire” “and I am Cress, representing water!” “You get to pick which one of us you want to battle!”
I had to think about this, which one should I battle? “Okay, I will battle Cress!” He cheered that I picked him and danced around a bit. Chili stomped his foot and mumbled no one ever picks me.
“So I will judge!” said Chili. “This will be a two on two battle! Let the battle between Lane and Cress from Striaton City begin!”
Cress said, “Purrlion lets go!”
“Spheal, you are in charge!” I threw out my pokeball and Spheal came out rolling with joy, he was quite happy today! “Okay lets start with Ice Ball!” Spheal started rolling faster and faster surrounding his body with a blue glow. Then all of the sudden his spinning stopped and sent the blue energy at Purrloin forming a ball of ice as if flew at the cat. When it got close Purrloin jumped off of it and was in he air, high up.
“Aerial Ace, Purrloin!” a flash of white surrounded him and he swiftly dove down on Spheal. It made Spheal wince a little. But he hung in there.
“It is time for Water Gun, he can’t jump on that!” This one didn’t take as much time to build up, so they had less time to strategize. A straight stream of water slapped Purrloin right in the face, making him very mad, and he lost his focus, because cats don’t like being wet.
“Purrloin, use Scratch now!” But that didn’t get threw to Purrloin, he was so made he was wet he was running around, rolling in patches of grass, anything to get it dry.
“Now is the time to use another Ice Ball!” It was the same thing as the last time they used it, but this time it was a little bigger, more powerful. It hit Purrloin right in the side as he was rolling in the grass again. It made him fly at the wall; he hit it then fell to the ground, of course landing on its feet.
“Purrloin, time for the big attack; let’s get this finished as fast as it started!” Rolling around (mostly towards Purrloin) a knot of grass tripped Spheal and it mad him fall right on its face. It didn’t look powerful at all, not ever ‘big’. But it made Spheal faint.
“Togepi, lets win this!” I made Spheal return and I let Togepi onto the field. I could tell it would only take one attack to make Purrloin faint too; it was trembling as if there was an earthquake. “Metronome!” The glowing fingers happened again. A glowing sword appeared in the hands of Togepi and she sturck Purrloin with it! Another incredible attack!
“Wow, your Togepi is something!” Cress complimented. Then he made Purrloin return just like he made me do with Spheal. “Now it is time for my Simipour! Simipour, use Scald!” The pokemon looked over powerful already, but with a piping hot spray of water charging at you it seemed like it was on steroids.
Togepi, again, as playful and happy as ever, dodged it by (some how) running ON TOP of the water! It was like God r something! Wow, I liked my Togepi a lot. It shocked everyone how Togepi was doing this! “Good job Togepi!” Togepi giggled and pranced a little bit. “No for another Metronome!” Do I even need to explain the finger? This time it was a Dizzy Punch, and with the uncanny speed of Togepi (it was like it was teleporting) it was undodgable. When Togepi hit made her spin like a top. But it did hurt Simipour a little bit
“Simipour, use Aqua Tail!” The tail of Simipour formed into a tornado of water and (from a distance) it hit him in the face/body. This was the first time she had been hit, I didn’t expect her reaction. She started crying like a little baby. “Its okay! No need to cry, you can hang in there!”
“Togepi is unable to bat---“ when that began Togepi stopped crying and stood ready to battle
“That’s the spirit!”
Through the battle there were a lot of metronomes and scalds, bites, and aqua tails. But Togepi was a trooper. It was very intense, and long. But both of the pokemon had a final stare-down. They were both panting very very hard, and they both had taken more damage then expected. I must be hard to be a Pokemon. But after the stare-down, Simipour fell, fainting, and Togepi fell too, but after Simipour.
“For the later faint, victory goes to Lane! Lane will receive the Trio Badge!”
Old October 29, 2011, 01:13:58 PM
Shaymin

Day 3: You are leavin' me?

I met up with Lola after the battle up at the Pokemon Center. It was silence, filled with thoughts and such. I wondered how Spheal was doing. Lola broke the silence, “We still need to deliver the pokemon to my cousin, you know.” I turned my head to her,”What did you say?” She seemed a little annoyed when I asked her to repeat herself. “I said we have to see my cousin, remember that IS why I came here… not to follow you around! Did you think I was staying with you!?!”

This was shocking! I never thought about it! I was just with her because we both needed to go to Striaton City! What was I going to do! “Well I guess I thought that we would adventure together…But I guess I never thought about it.”

“Well, I just had to deliver a pokemon to my cousin, remember. And you helped me get through the forest. I’m sorry but I am going back home when I get done. I hope you understand.”

“Wow…Yeah, I understand.”

“You can come and visit my cousin before I leave.”

“Okay, I will do that…”

“Let’s wait ‘til tomorrow, let’s stay here.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 4; Part 1: The big guy and the little girl.

We knocked on a door to the building a block or two away from the gym where I got my first badge. A young man, about 17, answered the door. He said, “Ello cousin! Nice to see you! You finally came! Happy to see you! Who is this? Your friend?” I say where Lola got it from.

Lola answered him, “Hey Dalton! Nice to see you too! This is Lane! He is just escorting me here.”

“That’s nice! Nice to meet you Lane! Would you like to come in!?!”

“Yeah sure, how about you Lane?” I just nodded; I didn’t feel like really talking much.

There were 3 other people in the house when I came in; a small girl, an old man and woman. They looked happy for no apparent reason, as they came and greeted Lola I looked on the wall. The pictures on the wall all included those 4 people, but also a man (probably 24), I wonder who this man was. I focused back on to the others. Lola was telling the old couple about me. I just smiled and said hi.

“So do you got my pokemon?” Dalton asked.

“Of course! Here he is!” Lola handed him a pokeball from her bag. Dalton took it from here and release what ever pokemon was in it. “I missed you Munchlax!” Dalton said with joy while hugging him. That boy wasn’t right, and since I usually wasn’t wrong I think that that was an accurate guess.

We sat down at the table and talked. The old woman made coffee and tea. We all talked and sipped our drinks. This was nice, except my tea was a little strong. It was a little awkward I must admit, but with Lola and Dalton in the same room the talking never stopped. Really this was boring. So to waste time I took out my iPhone and started playing Fruit Ninja and Doodle Jump; I could always rely on those to occupy my time. Then the excitement I was looking for came. The large man from the photos slammed open the door and said “Did ya miss me!!!” The little girl ran up to him and gave him a passionate hug.

“I missed you, Noah! “

“I missed you too, Megan!”

Noah was wearing a white under shirt, dark green pocket pants, a brown trench coat and a black magatama necklace. He has swooshed back black hair, brown eyes, and a sharp chin. He was muscular, but still skinny. Noah had a Chatot on his shoulder; it was a large one for what I have seen. The little girl hugging him (apparently named Megan) had black hair (the same color as Noah’s) and pearly blue eyes. She wore a loose purple shirt that flared a little at the ends. Her jeans were brown, kind of like Jeggings, because they were so tight on her skin. I hadn’t noticed at first, but a Purrloin was following her around everywhere.

Everyone came up and greeted Noah and welcomed him home. “Lane, this is Noah; an explorer, he just got back from the Whirl Islands of the Johto Region! Noah This is Lane, he is traveling the Unova Region to compete in the Pokemon League!” Noah had shaken my hand, and said, “Hiya, Lane.” He seemed nice from what I have seen so far. We talked a bit and got to know each other. He likes pepperoni on his pizza, his only pokemon and partner is Chatot, and he is a brother to Megan and Dalton. Then I ask him, “Hey Noah…have you explored the Unova?”

“Yeah, I only have explored the Kanto Region. Why do you ask?”

“Well, I am going to be in the Unova Region and I will want someone else with me, and you will be a great guide and…”

Without hesitation he answered me, “Yeah, I will, I would like to explore it again, I feel like I have missed so much! For clarification, yes I will!” Everyone’s jaws dropped when they heard this. He was here for about an hour and I was stealing their family member.

Megan spoke up, “Well if you are going, Noah, I am too!!!”

“Megan, that isn’t safe.” Noah stopped her.

“You promised next time I could go! I missed you! I don’t want you to leave!”

The old woman said, “No Megan!”

“Ma, she is right, I will keep her safe. But I want her to go.”

“You sure Noah?”

“Positive.” With that the conversation was over and I had two new people to travel with me. I had a pretty good day.
Old November 22, 2011, 11:52:42 AM
Mudkip

Default Lane got the Trio Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
Day 3: Part 3; Togepi is on a winning spree!

“So you got a Togepi!?!”
“Yup, the teacher just gave it to me after I took her little test.”
“WOW! I wish I could have gotten a new pokemon!”
“Yeah, but what if I have to use her in my gym battle?”
“Well we can quickly train, it IS only 6 o’clock.”
“Um sure, I guess that could work.”
Lola sent out her Lilligant, she was really a graceful pokemon. Lilligant bowed and greeted me with a “Lilli”. I sent out my new friend Togepi. Then I noticed I knew nothing about Togepi, it’s attacks, abilities, nothing! So I pulled up my Pokedex app on me iPhone and scanned she pokeball. “Togepi, the Spike Ball Pokemon, Its shell is said to be stuffed with happiness that it shares with kindhearted people.” Then it gave me its ability, Serene Grace, and its learned moves. I love my iPhone.
“You may go first, Lane.”
I was unsure if I should use Metronome or not, because it is a completely random move. “Okay Togepi, use Metronome.” Then Togepi shook her fingers and started to glow.
Togepi started running towards Lilligant and the glowing fingers turned a dark purple. She then jabbed her finger into the side of Lilligant. “Wow, that was a Poison Jab!”
“Lane, that was a bit too powerful! Togepi poisoned Lilligant! Lucky I have an antidote.” Lola gave it to Lilligant and the battle continued. “Lilligant, use Magical Leaf!” Shadow covered leaves then flew at Togepi, but she didn’t even notice. She was just dancing around dodging every one of the leaves. This made my jaw drop, how did she do that!
“Togepi it is time for another metronome, since it so well last time.” Again her two fingers started to glow and she waved them back and forth. Then a storm of lava spewed toward Lilligant, “This is a Lava Plume!!!” Lola screamed at Lilligant to dodge, but it was too late. Lilligant had flew across the street and onto the ground.
“Lane, your Togepi is just cruel!” Togepi started crying when she heard that so I picked her up and rocked her like a baby, “Its okay, she didn’t mean that.”
“I’m going to the Pokecenter! You go to your battle.”

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Striaton Gym

I opened the door to the café and there was no one there. “Hello? Anyone there?”
“Yup, were just back here washing dishes, we’ll be right out.” I sat up at the counter on a bar stool, these were nice, I thought as the brown leather squeaked as I shifted positions. I never did have a chance to look around; it was a nice little place. It had pieces of art of sale that hung on the walls, and pretty vases of flowers in all of the booths .
“What can I do for you?” asked the guy that waited on us before, his name was Chili.
“Earlier you said I could battle you if I came later.” I politely reminded him.
“That’s right, the fellow with the Spheal.”
“Yup that’s me. So are you ready for the battle?”
“You bet I am! Cress, come here, we have a challenger!” Chili yelled out into the kitchen.
“Cool! Be right out, wait for me in the arena!” Without a response Chili gestured me toward a door at the end of the way. It was engraved with pictures of pokemon of all types, but mostly water, grass, and fire types. Past the door was the field we were going to battle. It was dusty and had small rocks scattered around it. Left of the middle was a small pond, parallel to that was a small forest of trees (probably 40 of them). This was why the out side looked so big and the café seemed so small.
As I stood at the challengers box on one side of the riveting arena, Cress flew through the doors and panted, he must have really been trying to get here fast. Both of the gym leaders walked toward me and said in sync, “Cilan is gone” “So it is just us.” “He left with this kid named Ash” “And a girl named Iris,” “But that won’t stop us from winning” “I am Chili, representing fire” “and I am Cress, representing water!” “You get to pick which one of us you want to battle!”
I had to think about this, which one should I battle? “Okay, I will battle Cress!” He cheered that I picked him and danced around a bit. Chili stomped his foot and mumbled no one ever picks me.
“So I will judge!” said Chili. “This will be a two on two battle! Let the battle between Lane and Cress from Striaton City begin!”
Cress said, “Purrlion lets go!”
“Spheal, you are in charge!” I threw out my pokeball and Spheal came out rolling with joy, he was quite happy today! “Okay lets start with Ice Ball!” Spheal started rolling faster and faster surrounding his body with a blue glow. Then all of the sudden his spinning stopped and sent the blue energy at Purrloin forming a ball of ice as if flew at the cat. When it got close Purrloin jumped off of it and was in he air, high up.
“Aerial Ace, Purrloin!” a flash of white surrounded him and he swiftly dove down on Spheal. It made Spheal wince a little. But he hung in there.
“It is time for Water Gun, he can’t jump on that!” This one didn’t take as much time to build up, so they had less time to strategize. A straight stream of water slapped Purrloin right in the face, making him very mad, and he lost his focus, because cats don’t like being wet.
“Purrloin, use Scratch now!” But that didn’t get threw to Purrloin, he was so made he was wet he was running around, rolling in patches of grass, anything to get it dry.
“Now is the time to use another Ice Ball!” It was the same thing as the last time they used it, but this time it was a little bigger, more powerful. It hit Purrloin right in the side as he was rolling in the grass again. It made him fly at the wall; he hit it then fell to the ground, of course landing on its feet.
“Purrloin, time for the big attack; let’s get this finished as fast as it started!” Rolling around (mostly towards Purrloin) a knot of grass tripped Spheal and it mad him fall right on its face. It didn’t look powerful at all, not ever ‘big’. But it made Spheal faint.
“Togepi, lets win this!” I made Spheal return and I let Togepi onto the field. I could tell it would only take one attack to make Purrloin faint too; it was trembling as if there was an earthquake. “Metronome!” The glowing fingers happened again. A glowing sword appeared in the hands of Togepi and she sturck Purrloin with it! Another incredible attack!
“Wow, your Togepi is something!” Cress complimented. Then he made Purrloin return just like he made me do with Spheal. “Now it is time for my Simipour! Simipour, use Scald!” The pokemon looked over powerful already, but with a piping hot spray of water charging at you it seemed like it was on steroids.
Togepi, again, as playful and happy as ever, dodged it by (some how) running ON TOP of the water! It was like God r something! Wow, I liked my Togepi a lot. It shocked everyone how Togepi was doing this! “Good job Togepi!” Togepi giggled and pranced a little bit. “No for another Metronome!” Do I even need to explain the finger? This time it was a Dizzy Punch, and with the uncanny speed of Togepi (it was like it was teleporting) it was undodgable. When Togepi hit made her spin like a top. But it did hurt Simipour a little bit
“Simipour, use Aqua Tail!” The tail of Simipour formed into a tornado of water and (from a distance) it hit him in the face/body. This was the first time she had been hit, I didn’t expect her reaction. She started crying like a little baby. “Its okay! No need to cry, you can hang in there!”
“Togepi is unable to bat---“ when that began Togepi stopped crying and stood ready to battle
“That’s the spirit!”
Through the battle there were a lot of metronomes and scalds, bites, and aqua tails. But Togepi was a trooper. It was very intense, and long. But both of the pokemon had a final stare-down. They were both panting very very hard, and they both had taken more damage then expected. I must be hard to be a Pokemon. But after the stare-down, Simipour fell, fainting, and Togepi fell too, but after Simipour.
“For the later faint, victory goes to Lane! Lane will receive the Trio Badge!”
One down 7 to go. How are you going to deal with Lanoras Roar and Mean Look. Ash lost to her the first time and shes only the 2nd Gym Leader...well I had to have rematches with her in my Black, but thats not the point.
Old December 5, 2011, 03:58:47 AM
Shaymin

Idk, I really want to put plot in this next on, and action so I have been thinking of big ways to but a problem in there.
Old December 18, 2011, 01:38:18 PM
Administrator

Thread closed by request of teamplasma.