Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Victory Road Gym League > Archived Gyms

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 20, 2011, 02:45:41 PM

Default Gym #8 - Psychic Gym

Hello and welcome to my Psychic gym! Here, your mind will be tested as well as your well thought-out strategies to overcome my team.

Those who manage to beat me will receive the Psynergy badge: (Badge sprite credit goes to Ningamer)

Credit for the original design for the badge goes to GalliumGrant.

IMPORTANT: I will only accept challenges via Pokemon (DISALLOWED) (PO) or DS wifi for 5th gen only!

Rules:
1. Standard OU: No ubers please! I don't want to see people using a Giratina or a Darkrai against me. Pokemon of the OU tier and under are allowed.
2. Only pokemon with legal Dream World abilities can participate; in other words, no dream world tier battles.
3. Battles will be 6 vs 6 singles, no doubles or triples.
4. Drizzle + Swift Swim: Don't have pokemon on your team with both these 2 abilities.
5. The Moody ability is not allowed.
6. If you forfeit, raegquit, shut your computer off during a battle, you lose.
7. Monotype teams are not allowed, specifically Ghost, Dark, and Bug ones. (Keep it fair, 2-3 of those types at most)

Clauses:
Sleep Clause: No two pokemon on one team can be asleep at the same time.
Species Clause: No two pokemon of the same species can be on your team. (ie you cant have 3 Dragonites on your team)
Evasion Clause: Plain and simple, dont use moves that could or possibly raise your evasion. (the move: accupressure applies to this clause)
OHKO Clause: No moves like Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure can be used.
No hax items: Items that rely on luck are not allowed. (Kings Rock, Quick Claw, Scope Lens)

*Inability to follow the rules and clauses will result in me ending the battle and you getting banned from my gym for 2 weeks*

I do in fact have A prize currently. If you beat me, you can receive a Bold Solosis with max HP IVs holding a PP Max. Expect more prizes to come later ^^

Challengers:
teamplasma x3
Aquablast x5
The Spirit of Time x1
SyracuvatTenlii x4
PhantomxTrainer
TurtwigX x1
BlackRayquaza x5
Shiny x1
Alakazamaster
Shadow
Elaine x1
DeviantMaster x2
Quadcentro x3
Squirtle102 x4
Super Saiyan Goku
GrassPokemonFTW x2
Firo x1
AuraKshatriya x1
Jared x1
[TRDRS]Poketrader x1
Solairo x1
btpoke x2
yOblo

Winners (aka Geniuses):
PhantomxTrainer x2
Alakazamaster
The Spirit of Time
Super Saiyan Goku *cough* he got lucky *cough*
BlackRayquaza
teamplasma
Quadcentruo
AuraKshatriya
Solairo
btpoke

**Extra Challenges**

#1 Defeat me 3 times (includes the battle when you beat me and received my badge) Those who fulfill this challenge will receive the title Super Genius and will receive a level 1 shiny Bold Solosis will 31 IVs in HP and Defense and with any item of your choice.

#2 Defeat me 5 times (includes the 3 wins you received from the last challenge) Those who fulfill this challenge will receive the title Elite Genius and will receive a level 100 shiny Timid/Modest Starmie with 31 IVs in Special Attack and Speed and with any item of your choice

#3 Defeat me 10 times (includes the 5 wins you received from the last challenge) Those who fufill this challenge will receive the title Champion Genius and will receive a level 100 shiny [any nature] Jirachi with 31 IVs in 2 of the stats of your choice. You will also be able to choose which item it holds.

#4 Defeat me 3 times in a row (being a Champion Genius is a prerequisite of this challenge) Those who fulfill this challenge will receive the title Frontier Genius and will receive a level 100 shiny [any nature] Mew with 31 IVs in all stats and any item of your choice.

Super Geniuses

Elite Geniuses

Champion Geniuses

Frontier Geniuses

Wins: 48
Losses: 11

I will take challenge requests on this thread. If you see me online, you can PM/VM me to ask me for a gym battle. I am also on VRIM quite a bit, so be sure to check there if I dont respond quickly.

Good luck to all challengers, let the mind games begin!

Gym Status: Open

Last edited by Reuniclus; February 11, 2012 at 11:34:05 AM.
Old October 20, 2011, 02:54:49 PM
Shaymin

I challenge you!Please.

But that (of course) is whenever, I have all the time in the world. *snickers and slightly smiles*

Last edited by teamplasma; October 20, 2011 at 02:55:46 PM.
Old October 20, 2011, 03:03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
But that (of course) is whenever, I have all the time in the world. *snickers and slightly smiles*
I won't have much time tonight for battling, but I will tomorrow night. ^^
Old October 20, 2011, 03:04:39 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
I won't have much time tonight for battling, but I will tomorrow night. ^^
Yeah, when ever, I can do it when ever you have 5 minutes.
Old October 20, 2011, 04:35:07 PM
Kyurem

I want a battle.
Old October 21, 2011, 01:58:15 AM
Rayquaza

So all my previous victories don't count... Oh well, I have got to battle you again. This time though, I am the one challenging you.
Old October 22, 2011, 09:22:13 AM
Giratina

HAVENT BATTLED IN A WHILE!!!! I CHALLENGE UUUU!!!!!
Old October 22, 2011, 09:41:53 AM

Gym Battle #1

Reuniclus vs. PhantomxTrainer
PhantomxTrainer wins!

Well, this battle had some twists and turns with me losing 0-1. The battle started off with Phantom knocking out 2 of my pokemon with no trouble, but then I revenge killed his next 4 pokemon, with 2 of mine going down. When it got down to both of our last pokemon battling, he managed to stall me out with luck favoring both of us at certain times. This was a pretty close battle, although I hope this loss isnt a bad omen for me ._. But whatever, GG Phantom, you've earned my psynergy badge. ^^
Old October 22, 2011, 09:59:08 AM

Gym Battle #2

Reuniclus vs. teamplasma
Reuniclus wins!

Overall an interesting battle with me winning 5-0 (which is good to know that I'm not a complete failure at being a gym leader judging by my last match xD). The battle started off with me sweeping 4 of his pokemon until he knocked out my sweeper. In the end I managed to knock out his last two pokemon with one of my walls. GG teamplasma, I can definitely see you doing better in our next gym battle. You can rechallenge me in 4 days on October 26th. ^^
Old October 22, 2011, 02:35:44 PM
Giratina

I love you, so I choose you first. Just one thing...I don't think I want to challenge you with my Mono-Grass team. It's...I dunno, I just don't think I should.
Old October 22, 2011, 02:38:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
I love you, so I choose you first. Just one thing...I don't think I want to challenge you with my Mono-Grass team. It's...I dunno, I just don't think I should.
Just as long as its not mono Bug, Ghost, or Dark, then I guess you can use it if you want.
Old October 22, 2011, 03:28:52 PM

Gym Battle #3

Reuniclus vs. TurtwigX
Reuniclus wins!

Now this was an awesome battle with me winning 2-0. GG Turt, you're definitely a formidable opponent and I look foreward to a rematch. As for the battle, it started off with both my pokemon and his pokemon going down at the same time. I then managed to sweep his next 3 pokemon, until he revenge killed my sweeper. When both of our last 2 pokemon were left, I got a chance to set up and sweep his remaining pokemon. Turt, you can rematch me in 4 days on October 26th.
Old October 22, 2011, 08:58:22 PM
Floatzel

oh my.
this is a good time to lose
so I'll lose.
I CHALLENGE YOU.
whenever we're both on
and you don't have to leave *coughcough*
Old October 23, 2011, 10:02:57 AM

Gym Battle #4

Reuniclus vs. BlackRayquaza
Reuniclus wins!

Another awesome battle with me winning 3-0. There were a lot of predictions in this battle. It started off with me being able to set up and knock out his 1st pokemon, but then he revenge killed me with his sweeper. His next 3 pokemon fell to my other sweeper until he was able to get lucky with a critical hit. At the end of the battle, I managed to set up again and sweep his remaining 2 pokemon. GG BR, you can rematch me in 4 days on October 27th.
Old October 23, 2011, 12:54:57 PM
Kyurem

I challenge you. c:
Old October 23, 2011, 01:34:01 PM

Gym Battle #5

Reuniclus vs Shiny
Reuniclus wins!

This was an interesting battle with me winning 6-0. The battle started off with me setting up my defences while my opponent tried to put status on me. Halfway through the battle, Shiny used a strategy that rendered my team almost impossible to set up which was annoying. However, in the end I managed to set up and sweep through 4 of his pokemon. GG Shiny, you can rechallenge me in 4 days on October 27th. ^^

Gym Battle #6

Reuniclus vs SyracuvatTenlii
Reuniclus wins!

Well this was certainly an intense battle with me winning 3-0. The battle started off with me setting up defences while Syra switched into a physical threat to my team. Luckily I was able to use hax to my advantage and cripple two of his pokemon. If I didn't cripple his sweeper, then I would've surely lost. In the end, I managed to set up and finish off his last two pokemon. GG Syra, your definitely getting better at battling. You can rematch me in 4 days on October 27th. ^^
Old October 23, 2011, 01:43:28 PM
Kyurem

Well, your Gym is up and running, so of course I am going to challenge you!
Old October 23, 2011, 02:14:09 PM

Gym Battle #7

Reuniclus vs Alakazamaster
Alakazamaster wins!

Im not literally psychic in real life, but I could forsee my defeat against Kaz xD. It was an overall impressive battle with me losing 0-3. The battle began with both of our pokemon getting knocked out at the same time. After a bad switch in, I gave Kaz almost the perfect time to set up against me. This resulted in Kaz annihilating half my team while I couldn't do anything. I did manage to knock out 2 more of his pokemon before my last one went down. Congratulations Alakazamaster, you indeed live up to your name as the VR League Champion. ^^
Old October 23, 2011, 02:28:47 PM

Gym Battle #8

Reuniclus vs Aquablast
Reuniclus wins!

This was a good battle with me winning 5-0. Aquablast is getting better at competitive battling and has a solid team down. The battle started off with me bolstering my defences while he began attacking. After a switch, Aqua gave me the opportunity to set up, which led to a straight-away sweep. GG Aqua, you can rematch me in 4 days on October 27th. ^^
Old October 23, 2011, 02:30:21 PM
Kyurem

Confirming my lost, you are good though.
Old October 25, 2011, 07:44:28 AM
Giratina

It's great to see your Gym up and running. Just one minor thing to point out: please don't forget to include the status of your Gym. Also, I advise you to come up with prizes so that your challengers are motivated to beat you.

Otherwise, the Gym is not missing anything.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to say that I'd like to challenge you to a battle.

Last edited by Shadow; October 25, 2011 at 07:45:06 AM.
Old October 27, 2011, 04:47:57 PM
Floatzel

I challenge you
trial 2
Old October 28, 2011, 02:50:06 PM

Gym Battle #9

Reuniclus vs. PhantomxTrainer (Rematch)
Reuniclus wins!

Well, my archrival put up one heck of a fight for me. In this rematch I managed to win 4-0. This battle started nearly the exact same way as the first match, but I got lucky and managed to set up with my sweeper and sweep 2 of his pokemon while critically injuring his 3rd. Hax also played a significant role in helping me set up again to finish off his last 4 pokemon. GG Phantom, I'll look foreward to another day when you challenge my gym. ^^
Old October 28, 2011, 05:39:20 PM
Regigigas

Round 2, if you please.
Old October 28, 2011, 06:38:37 PM

Gym Battle #10

Reuniclus vs. SyracuvatTenlii
Reuniclus wins!

This was an even better battle than our last one with me winning 2-0. The battle started off with Syra knocking out almost half my team with one of his sweepers. After being able to revenge kill his next two pokemon, Syra sent in probably one of the biggest threats to my pokemon. I had to make a risky prediction during the second half of the battle to make sure that my team wouldn't be crippled. As it came down to my final 2 pokemon against his three, I managed to raise my defences and set up to sweep through the rest of his team. GG Syra you can rematch me in 4 days on November 1st. ^^
Old October 28, 2011, 07:38:05 PM
Shaymin

Hmmmm... How about tomorrow?
Old October 29, 2011, 07:14:02 AM

Gym Battle #11

Reuniclus vs. The Spirit of Time
Reuniclus wins!

This was an interesting battle with me winning 3-0. I knew Spirit was going to be a tough opponent so I had to choose my moves very carefully. The battle began with me being able to get status on two of his pokemon and set up my defences. Spirit then managed to revenge kill two of my pokemon with his sweeper. As the battle went on, I managed to hax one of his pokemon, which gave me a good opportunity to set up and finish off his last two pokemon. GG Spirit, even though you're a little rusty on battling, you'll get better in no time. You can rematch me in 4 days on October 2nd. ^^
Old October 29, 2011, 08:37:10 PM

Gym Battle #12

Reuniclus vs. teamplasma
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 6-0. In this battle, Plasma decided to try some new pokemon against me; although they were kinda gimmicky. The battle began with me strengthening my defences while at the same time setting up. The rest of the battle was a clean sweep through his team. GG teamplasma, you can rematch me in 4 days on October 2nd.

Gym Battle #13

Reuniclus wins!

This was one intense battle with me winning 1-0. All I can say is "revenge kill" and "hax" cuz there were certainly a lot of both those things in the battle. Now that BR has an idea of how my team is constructed, I needed to make unexpected predictions in order to save my skin --er jelly. The battle started off with both of our two pokemon going down through revenge killing one another. After that, I managed to cripple half his team, giving me the chance to set up with my last pokemon. Then, my last pokemon and his last pokemon were the only ones left for the battle, I managed to wall BR's pokemon and then finish it off. GG BR you can rematch me in 4 days on October 3rd. ^^

Last edited by Reuniclus; October 30, 2011 at 12:19:28 AM. Reason: Didn't want to triple post for more battle results
Old October 30, 2011, 01:12:51 PM

Gym Battle #14

Reuniclus vs. Elaine
Reuniclus wins!

This battle had so much hax in it-- I mean waaaay more than usual which led to me winning 5-0. The battle began with me getting status on Elaine's pokemon, but after that, Elaine's pokemon was completely immobile for almost 10 turns either being unable to move or by missing attacks; it was crazy. Through the middle of the battle, I managed to set up while at the same time avoiding getting damaged through sheer luck. The rest of the battle was a clean sweep. Elaine is a strong trainer, but she had a horrible bad luck when she battled me. GG Elaine, hopefully next time the battle will be more fair (or with less hax for that matter...) You can rematch me in 4 days on October 3rd. ^^
Old November 2, 2011, 04:34:58 PM

Gym Battle #15

Reuniclus vs. SyracuvatTenlii
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning after contemplating a new strategy. Syra definitely put up a fight to the best of his abilities in this fight, being able to revenge kill my sweeper and severely wound my wall, which definitely challenged my way of predicting the opponent. However, I gained a perfect opportunity to set up through that moment and finish off his last two pokemon. GG Syra, you can rechallenge me in 4 days on November 6th or whenever after that; I know you want to take a break from battling. I wish you luck in developing new strategies, GG again! ^^

Last edited by Reuniclus; November 2, 2011 at 04:35:52 PM. Reason: Bad Grammer >.<
Old November 3, 2011, 01:34:57 PM
Shaymin

PLASMA CHALLENGES YOU!
Old November 3, 2011, 02:00:15 PM

Gym Battle #16

Reuniclus vs. teamplasma
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 4-0. The battle began with me having a lot of trouble against his lead. I believe he put more hax on me than I did to him ._. As his lead went down, two of my pokemon fell with it. Plasma's next pokemon was also a threat, but I predicted his move and gained an advantage. With the gained opportunity, I began to set up; which resulted in me sweeping the rest of his pokemon. If I didnt make that prediction, I would have been completely crippled under Plasma's pokemon. GG teamplasma, you can rematch me in 4 days on November 7th. ^^
Old November 5, 2011, 08:25:28 AM

Gym Battle #17

Reuniclus vs. The Spirit of Time
The Spirit of Time wins!

This was very bizarre battle with me losing 0-5. Spirit decided to try a new strategy against me; and it proved to work in his favor extremely well. Even though I managed to cripple half his team, luck favored his side with a crit that might've mattered and being able to break through my hax. The worst was his strategy; it really is devestating against practically any team. I wish I could've put up more of a fight, but a loss is a loss. GG Spirit, you've won my Psynergy badge. I foresee your team having great success in the future. ^^

Gym Battle #18

Reuniclus vs. Aquablast
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 3-0. Aquablast with his shiny new badge decided to battle me again and did exceptionally better than last time. There was an instanse where I was questioning the moves he used, but other than that, he did very well. The battle began with me being able to set up, which resulted in me sweeping half his team. However, Aqua made a strong comeback revenge killing my next two pokemon and severely wounding my third. After his sweeper went down, I saw a great opportunity to set up again and finish off his last two pokemon. GG Aqua, you can rematch me in 4 days on November 9th. ^^
Old November 10, 2011, 12:31:02 PM

Gym Battle #19

Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 2-0. BR is testing new strategies against me and they seem to work well for him. The battle started off with me getting rid of 2 of his pokemon while my pokemon was about to go down. After that, BR managed to sweep three of my pokemon with ease. The most important part of the battle was when I raised my defenses and got hax on his pokemon. If I did neither of those things, then I would've surely lost. GG BR, you can rechallenge me in 4 days on November 13th.

Last edited by Reuniclus; November 16, 2011 at 11:54:35 AM. Reason: Wrong Battle # -.-
Old November 14, 2011, 03:53:26 PM
Floatzel

CHALLENGE! THIS TIME I SHALL BEAT THE BANANAS OUT OF YOUUU
Old November 14, 2011, 04:22:17 PM

Gym Battle #20

Reuniclus vs BlackRayquaza
Reuniclus wins!

This was an interesting battle with me winning 6-0. BR's team completely revolves around a strategy that can be devestating as long as it doesn't get messed up in the beginning. The battle began with me setting up while his pokemon while he set up defenses. After his key pokemon went down, his strategy fell apart; he depended on that KO'd pokemon for his team to work. GG BR, I'll look foreward to our next rematch. You can rematch me in 4 days on November 18th. ^^

Last edited by Reuniclus; November 16, 2011 at 11:55:24 AM. Reason: Grammar -.-
Old November 16, 2011, 12:09:07 PM

Gym Battle # 21

Reuniclus vs. PhantomxTrainer
PhantomxTrainer wins!

This was a great battle with me losing 0-3. Phantom's new team is really destructive; much like Spirit's team. The battle began with me taking out half his team with one of my sweepers, but this triumph was only short lived when he swept my next 5 pokemon. My last pokemon couldn't stand a chance against his pokemon, so good job Phantom! I'll look foreward to our next battle, Muffin!(Phantom's nickname credit goes to 7Dewott8 xD)

Last edited by Reuniclus; November 16, 2011 at 12:09:27 PM.
Old November 18, 2011, 03:21:48 PM
Giratina

I challenge you. However, I will only battle you if you accept to battle with 4th gen Pokemon, moves, etc.
Old November 18, 2011, 03:49:34 PM

Coming up with a solid 4th gen psychic team will take some time, Im planning to have my 4th gen psychic team finished by tomorrow, so we can battle then.
Old November 18, 2011, 04:08:22 PM

Gym Battle #22

Reuniclus vs. Aquablast
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 5-0. The battle began with Aqua immediately knocking out my first pokemon with no trouble at all. Aqua definitely improved in his time away from VR, he became stronger and is making better move choices. I thought I was in trouble, but my next pokemon managed to get hax on his next pokemon which gave me a great opportunity to set up with my sweeper. In the end, hax worked completely in my favor; allowing me to set up and sweep the rest of Aqua's team. GG Aqua, you've definitely improved from our last battle and I look foreward to our next one. You can rematch me in 4 days on November 22nd. ^^
Old November 18, 2011, 11:03:05 PM
Joltik

I challenge you :] vm or pm me when you can battle on PO!
Old November 18, 2011, 11:30:57 PM

Gym Battle #23

Reuniclus vs. DeviantMaster
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 4-0. I knew Deviant was going to be a challenge to beat considering he beat me 6-0 earlier today. However, I managed to sweep his team in this match. The battle began with me getting hax on two of his pokemon and taking out his first pokemon. In the middle of the battle, I found a great opportunity to set up and take out 3 of his pokemon. As both of our pokemon went down on the same turn, I got a lucky switch in which resulted in me sweeping the rest of his team. GG Deviant, your on your way to conquering the gym leaders. You can rematch me in 4 days on November 23rd. ^^
Old November 18, 2011, 11:32:41 PM
Joltik

lol you got me reun! but next time im not gonna underestimate you :] and i'll be comin at ya full power!
Old November 19, 2011, 08:28:16 AM

Gym Battle #24

Reuniclus vs Quadcentro
Reuniclus wins!

This was a good battle with me winning 3-0. In this battle, I actually tried using a 4th gen psychic team; which actually worked pretty well being my first time using it. The battle began with me setting up while remaining untouchable. After setting up, I was able to pass my set ups to my sweeper and sweep 3 of his pokemon while wounding his fourth. However, Quad managed to revenge kill my sweeper and two more of my pokemon. I thought I was going to be in trouble with the pokemon he used, but hax was a major factor in my victory; I got lucky. GG Quad, you can rematch me in 4 days on November 23rd. ^^
Old November 19, 2011, 08:32:42 PM

Gym Battle #25

Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 3-0. BR decided to use a new strategy in his team, which worked better than the last one he tried on me. About halfway through the battle I managed to get hax on 4 of his pokemon, and I got lucky with the hax acting in my favor. GG BR, you can rematch me in 4 days on November 23rd. ^^
Old November 23, 2011, 12:46:11 PM
Floatzel

meow.
CHALLENGE!
Old November 23, 2011, 01:10:02 PM

Gym Battle #26

Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 3-0. Thie beginning of the battle went down almost exactly like the last one, the only difference was the amount of hax involved. In the middle of the battle, I managed to cripple half of BR's team and wall him until he was left with 2 pokemon. BR was unable to move for almost 5 turns in a row, which gave me a good opportunity to set up and finish his last two pokemon. GG BR, sorry about all the hax . You can rechallenge me in 4 days on November 27th. ^^
Old November 23, 2011, 05:53:27 PM
Kyurem

Well. I might as well go for it. This will be my first battle in ages. BRING IT ON!
Old November 23, 2011, 08:19:15 PM
Giratina

You've been challenged. Tomorrow's (technically today, the 24th) no good for me though. If the gym battle goes as well as the unofficial battle we had, it will be a good day for both of us.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; November 23, 2011 at 08:19:42 PM.
Old November 24, 2011, 05:14:59 AM

Gym Battle #27

Reuniclus vs. Squirtle102
Reuniclus wins!

This was a good battle with me winning. Squirtle decided to face me after forgetting most concepts about competitive battling and he does have room for improvement. If anything, I hope this battle was more of a learning experience for you. GG Squirtle, if you want, I can teach you some tricks on how to win more competitive battles. You can rematch me in 4 days on November 27th. ^^
Old November 24, 2011, 05:26:44 PM

Gym Battle #28

Reuniclus vs. Quadcentro
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning in the end. Quad decided to test his 5th gen battling skills against me; and he did okay, but there is still room for improvement. Only a few minor tweaks to your team are needed to thwart my team. The battle began with me setting up, while Quad tried using a new strategy. About halfway through the battle, Quad got unlucky with a few missed attacks and I managed to set up in order to finish off his last few pokemon. GG Quad, your still new to 5th gen battles, so don't get discouraged. You can rematch me in 4 days on November 28th. ^^
Old November 25, 2011, 07:12:21 PM
Pikachu

I would like to challenge you, Reuniclus ! I can't wait to Battle you for your Badge !

Edit: Oh, and my Username on PO is [SD]HydroSwampert , in-case that you forgot!

Last edited by Super Saiyan Goku; November 25, 2011 at 07:14:40 PM. Reason: Edit: Oh, and my......forgot! :)
Old November 25, 2011, 07:43:56 PM

Gym Battle #29

Reuniclus vs. Super Saiyan Goku
Super Saiyan Goku wins!

This was the closest match I've had in a very long time. SSG beat me 0-1 and it couldn't get any closer than this. The battle began with me setting up defences while he tried to set up. After I knocked out his first pokemon, he sent out possibly the biggest threat and annoyance to my team. SSG managed to revenge kill my next 3 pokemon, while I took care of his next two. The ending of the battle was the best part of the match. It was my pokemon against his pokemon and I managed to get some hax on his last pokemon. I thought I had the match in the bag, but then SSG's pokemon breaks through my hax.....and then gets a crit that really mattered and finishes off my last pokemon. His last pokemon lived with 10 Hp and the crit finished me off. Unbelievable match SSG, I rarely get close matches like that. Congratulations on beating me, you deserve my Psynergy Badge. I wish you luck in conquering the rest of the gym leaders. :]

Last edited by Reuniclus; November 25, 2011 at 07:48:00 PM. Reason: Spelt his name wrong :P
Old November 25, 2011, 07:49:27 PM
Pikachu

Quote:
Gym Battle #29

Reuniclus vs. Super Saiyan Goku
Super Saiyan Goku wins!

This was the closest match I've had in a very long time. SSG beat me 0-1 and it couldn't get any closer than this. The battle began with me setting up defences while he tried to set up. After I knocked out his first pokemon, he sent out possibly the biggest threat and annoyance to my team. SSG managed to revenge kill my next 3 pokemon, while I took care of his next two. The ending of the battle was the best part of the match. It was my pokemon against his pokemon and I managed to get some hax on his last pokemon. I thought I had the match in the bag, but then SSG's pokemon breaks through my hax.....and then gets a crit that really mattered and finishes off my last pokemon. His last pokemon lived with 10 Hp and the crit finished me off. Unbelievable match SSG, I rarely get close matches like that. Congratulations on beating me, you deserve my Psynergy Badge. I wish you luck in conquering the rest of the gym leaders. :]
Confirmed! Good Game ! That was a very close Battle ! I guess that PO gave me that at the end because of the one miss earlier! Maybe, or maybe I just got lucky for the first time in a while, anyways! Thanks for the Psynergy Badge ! I will cherish it!
Old November 26, 2011, 09:19:21 PM
Kyurem

*points in an epic manner*

I'm testing out my team, so I'd like to battle.
Old November 26, 2011, 09:51:23 PM

Gym Battle #30

Reuniclus vs. GrassPokemonFTW
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 4-0. I've never faced Grass before and he proved to be a worthy opponent, 4-0 is a good score for those who have never seen my team before. The battle started off with me setting up defences and getting hax on his pokemon. One thing that accounted for my win was hax, Grass had four of his pokemon haxed and got unlucky; being unable to move for a few turns. If I didn't use hax, my team would have been obliterated from being unable to set up. Grass took down 2 of my pokemon easily and critically injured my third. After my sweeper was knocked out, I resolved to using my wall to stall out. Overall, it was a pretty exciting battle so I'm looking foreward to our rematch, Grass. You can rematch me in 4 days on November 30th. ^^
Old November 27, 2011, 05:43:37 PM

Gym Battle #31

Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 2-0. BR changed his team around, and it worked very well compared to past battles we had. The battle began with me making an overprediction, which led to me having trouble taking down his team. BR then used his powerful sweeper to take down half my team with little effort. Midway through the battle, I got lucky and got a chance to get status on BR's pokemon and set up in the process. If I didnt set up, then I would have been swept again by BR's other sweeper. Other than that, I managed to set up and sweep BR's last two pokemon. Great game BR, you can rematch me in 4 days on December 1st. ^^

Last edited by Reuniclus; December 1, 2011 at 11:56:08 AM. Reason: Speeled "Battle" wrong
Old November 30, 2011, 06:54:49 PM
Kyurem

Now then, I've redone my team. I request a rematch, and hopefully, I don't fall as hard as last time...
Old December 1, 2011, 11:59:59 AM

Gym Battle #32

Reuniclus vs GrassPokemonFTW
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning against Grass. I tried using a new lead this time, and it seemed to work very well against Grass. I managed to cripple Grass' pokemon in time for me to set up, but I must say I got lucky; if I didn't cripple Grass, I probably would've lost. Halfway through the battle, I managed to set up again and sweep through his remaining few pokemon. GG Grass, sorry about how unlucky you were, hopefully you can make a strong comeback next match. You can rematch me in 4 days on December 4th. ^^
Old December 2, 2011, 02:07:56 PM

Gym Battle #33

BlackRayquaza wins!

This was a very good battle with me losing 0-2. BR used a new strategy and it worked very well for him. Despite how much I tried, hax was against me this time with an unlucky crit from BR and missing some of my attacks. BR completely had control over me and he made great predictions. BR, you've improved a lot and Im happy to award you my Psynergy badge, I wish you luck in the rest of the gym league. :]
Old December 2, 2011, 06:26:29 PM

Gym Battle #34

Reuniclus vs Quadcentruo
Reuniclus wins!

This was definitely a close battle with me barely winning 1-0. Quad quickly learned from his mistakes and rechallenged me with a new team to take me down. Like my team, Quad's team revolved around a little luck and a good way of setting up. The battle began with my pokemon going down quickly while Quad's pokemon began to set up. Midway through the battle we had 3 pokemon each, so it looked like it could be either ones win. At the end of the battle, both of our last pokemon faced off. It was a very close ending with me getting the finishing blow and my last pokemon managed to live with 35 Hp after a strong attack from Quad's pokemon. GG Quad, that was one of the closest matches I've had ever since Super Saiyan Goku. Im looking foreward to our next battle, you can rematch me in 4 days on December 6th. ^^
Old December 4, 2011, 08:40:51 AM
Volcarona

Menu
>Skill: Challenge [Asks the selected target for a battle style of your choosing.]
>>Target: Reuniclus [Rank: Gym Leader]
>>>Battle Style: Gym Battle
Action: Challenge
"I challenge you to a Gym Battle Reuniclus!"
Old December 4, 2011, 08:51:13 AM

Gym Battle #35

Reuniclus vs. Firo
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 3-0. Firo after months of quitting competitive battling decided to try it again and face my gym. Firo did well for being his first time battling in a while. His team was built out of complete force and was very powerful. Firo demolished my first pokemon in one hit, so I thought I was in trouble. Midway through the battle I needed to make careful predictions in order to survive strong hits. As the end of the battle drew near, my last three pokemon were all around half of their health and I managed to to finish his last pokemon. GG Firo, that was a strong team you had; hopefully you can win next time. You can rematch me in 4 days on December 8th. ^^
Old December 7, 2011, 12:13:07 PM

**Important Announcement**

I will be taking final exams next week and I need times to study for them, so my gym will be closed from Sunday to around Friday afternoon of next week (December 11th-16th). I apologize for closing my gym for some time, but school is my first priority.
Old December 7, 2011, 01:15:04 PM
Mudkip

Default I dont get it

Why no Bug types? oh and theirs this... YOU STOLE MY GYM FROM ME

Last edited by Reshiram5; December 7, 2011 at 01:16:23 PM. Reason: wanted to change post after seing it
Old December 7, 2011, 01:29:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reshiram5 View Post
Why no Bug types?
I never said that Bug types are banned, you are only limited to the number of bug types you can use on your team, which is 2-3. An all bug type team would be unfair against a psychic gym. Also, I didnt steal this gym; I earned it. :I
Old December 9, 2011, 08:11:16 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:

I will be taking final exams next week and I need times to study for them, so my gym will be closed from Sunday to around Friday afternoon of next week (December 11th-16th). I apologize for closing my gym for some time, but school is my first priority.
You can always request a staff to close this gym for you.
Old December 10, 2011, 09:23:43 AM

Gym Battle #36

Reuniclus vs teamplasma
teamplasma wins!

I made a lot of careless mistakes in this battle with me losing 2-0. I seriously can't comprehend why I made some of these careless choices in this battle. *facekeyboard* Teamplasma definitely got better though, I was very impressed. In the battle teamplasma was able to wall all of my team and sweep my last few pokemon with it. I wish I could've been smarter with my battle decisions, but gg TP, you've rightfully earned my Psynergy badge. :]
Old December 10, 2011, 11:11:50 PM
Kyurem

Might as well go for it again!
Old December 11, 2011, 04:50:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle102 View Post
Might as well go for it again!
Sorry Squirtle, but Im gonna have to close my gym for today because I need to study for final exams. I will reopen my gym this Friday so Im gonna have to put our match off till then. Sorry, but I can't get distracted with this. So for now....

Gym Status: Closed
Old December 16, 2011, 04:23:18 PM

Gym Battle #37

Reuniclus vs Squirtle102
Reuniclus wins

Well, now that finals week is over for me, I will reopen this gym again
This was a great battle with me winning 4-0. In this battle, Squirtle decided to rematch me after some time of practice. The battle began with him getting a critical hit and immediately knocking out my first pokemon. After that, Squirtle decided to inflict status on my pokemon. I would've been in trouble if I didn't send out the correct pokemon at the right time. Nonetheless, gg Squirtle. You have a great selection of pokemon, but you need to find the right strategy on how to use them. GG again Squirtle, I know you can do even better next time; you can rematch me in 4 days on December 20th. ^^

**Announcements**

This applies to all challengers and those who have received my badge. I've decided to put extra challenges into my gym in order to keep challenges going. Being able to fulfill certain achievements will result in rewards being given out and a special title. Expect me to put up these Extra Challenges soon!
Old December 16, 2011, 05:20:18 PM

Gym Battle #38

Reuniclus vs DeviantMaster
Reuniclus wins!

This was an awesome battle with me winning 3-0. Boy, I got unlucky starting this battle off with Deviant critting my pokemon and then getting a lucky burn. This was a very intense battle, hax favored both of us in different points of the battle. I thought I was done for at a certain point in the match, but I managed to set up when Deviant's pokemon was crippled and then proceed to sweep his last remaining 2 pokemon. GG Deviantmaster, you're a very worthy opponent :] You can rematch me in 4 days on December 20th. ^^
Old December 17, 2011, 06:43:28 AM

Gym Battle #39

Reuniclus vs Quadcentruo
Quadcentruo wins!

This was a bizarre battle with me losing 0-4. Quad used a pokemon that I was not prepared to face, and it ended up being my ultimate downfall. The battle started off with both of our pokemon going down at the same time and me setting up defenses. However, my defenses proved useless as Quad brought in a pokemon that set up and with me doing almost no damage to it, swept my team. That was an impressive battle Quad, you've earned my Psynergy badge, good luck as you take on the rest of the league :]
Old December 17, 2011, 11:37:48 AM

Gym Battle #40

Reuniclus vs SyracuvatTenlii
Reuniclus wins!

Syra decided to challenge me after taking a break from battling. For being slightly rusty at battling, Syra did better than last time, making much better decisions and also starting to predict my moves. Midway through the battle, I managed to set up and wall his last 2 pokemon and finish them. Syra, you did do better than last time and for that I must say you learned well from your past mistakes. GG Syra! You can rechallenge me in 4 days on December 21st. ^^
Old December 17, 2011, 12:21:40 PM
Giratina

I shall WIN challenge again.
Old December 17, 2011, 12:59:17 PM

Gym Battle #41

Reuniclus vs PhantomxTrainer
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 5-0. This always happens too, whenever I beat Phantom, he beats me, and then I beat him again. The battle began with me setting up and getting hax on his pokemon. After setting up for the most part, I began to sweep through the other half of his team. Im predicting that I will lose next time however but GG Phantom, your also a very worthy opponent. You can rematch me in 4 days on December 21st. ^^
Old December 17, 2011, 01:00:25 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Gym Battle #41

Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 5-0. This always happens too, whenever I beat Phantom, he beats me, and then I beat him again. The battle began with me setting up and getting hax on his pokemon. After setting up for the most part, I began to sweep through the other half of his team. Im predicting that I will lose next time however but GG Phantom, your also a very worthy opponent. You can rematch me in 4 days on December 21st. ^^
I CONFIRM THIS HORRIBLE LOSS x(
Old December 18, 2011, 01:51:14 PM
Floatzel

I'll challenge you, now that Deoxys-S has been banned.
watch me lose horribly.
Old December 18, 2011, 04:14:44 PM

Gym Battle #42

Reuniclus vs AuraKshatriya
Reuniclus wins!

I got lucky; extremely lucky in this battle with me winning 1-0. This battle was full of hax and predictions. The battle began with me setting up defenses and him supporting his team. He quickly took out my first 2 pokemon, then on the next turn both of our pokemon went down at the same time. Toward the end of the battle, it was my last pokemon vs his last pokemon. This was the most important part of the battle. I thought I was done for, but then I managed to freeze his pokemon before it could finish me off. In the end, my pokemon with a whopping 6 HP left finished off his last frozen pokemon. This was definitely one of the closest matches I've ever had in my life. GG Aura, your a great opponent. You can rematch me in 4 days on December 22nd. ^^

Gym Battle #43

Reuniclus wins!

This was another close battle with me winning 1-0. Hax also played a significant role in me winning this fight. When I managed to cripple half of BR's team, it gave me a great opportunity to set up and sweep through his team. However, BR countered my team by being slightly faster than one of my pokemon. In the end, I managed to set up and finish off his last pokemon. GG BR, your another good challenger for my gym. Be sure to look out for my extra challenges; I should make an announcement about them tomorrow hopefully. You can rematch me in 4 days on December 22nd. ^^
Old December 20, 2011, 11:49:15 AM
Kyurem

*looks at calender* I believe it's time for a rematch!
Old December 20, 2011, 02:46:29 PM

Gym Battle #44

Reuniclus vs Jared
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 3-0. For almost the first half of the battle, we had prediction wars, switching to pokemon that we thought could be good counters. The rest of the battle was mostly hax. I must admit, I did get lucky with hax and it played a significant role in me winning against Jared. GG Jared, you did well for this being your second time battling in a while. You can rematch me in 4 days on Christmas Eve. ^^

Gym Battle #45

Reuniclus vs Squirtle102
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great game with me winning. In the beginning of the battle, Squirtle managed to easily take out my first pokemon after setting up defense. One of the main reasons why I won this battle was because of my raised defenses. In the middle, I managed to set up and wall Squirtle's pokemon and then sweep through his last few pokemon. GG Squirtle, don't give up bro, you'll do better next time :] You can rematch me in 4 days on Christmas Eve. ^^

I am now able to gym battle using my DS team. From here on out, I will be accepting battles in both PO and DS wifi.

Last edited by Reuniclus; December 20, 2011 at 03:15:44 PM.
Old December 23, 2011, 10:40:08 AM

Gym Battle #46

Reuniclus vs Aquablast
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 3-0. Aqua changed his team around, giving his pokemon better moves and a better strategy. The battle began with Aqua taking out my 2 pokemon immediately while I managed to cripple his first pokemon. As my next pokemon went down, Aqua's pokemon became crippled and I began to set up with my third pokemon. In the end, I managed to take hits from Aqua's pokemon and then sweep through his last few pokemon. GG Aqua, you can rematch me in 4 days on December 27th. ^^
Old December 24, 2011, 06:13:25 PM
Kyurem

*checks watch* *nods head* (You know what I'm talking about)
Old December 25, 2011, 12:28:45 PM

Sorry for the late battle results, I got lazy x.x

Gym Battle #47

Reuniclus vs Squirtle102
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning. Squirtle is still a beginner at competitive battling, but he did try nonetheless. Early in the battle I got lucky and managed to set up to sweep and wall Squirtle's team. GG Squirtle, you did do your best; you can rematch me in 4 days on December 28th. ^^

Gym Battle #48

AuraKshatriya wins!

Hoho I lost pretty badly against Aura this time 0-4. Aura used the same strategy as the last battle, but with a different approach. In this battle, I managed to cripple half his team, but I didn't get lucky like last battle so that might have also contributed to my loss xD. It was a good battle nonetheless, if I froze one of his pokemon again, things might've been different GG Aura, you have beaten this gym and you earned my Psynergy badge. ^^

**Important Announcements!**

With a lot of my challengers receiving my badge, I've decided to start some extra challenges. Now that I have a certain program I can give away prizes very easily via DS wifi. Now to introduce these new challenges:

#1 Defeat me 3 times (includes the battle when you beat me and received my badge) Those who fulfill this challenge will receive the title Super Genius and will receive a level 1 shiny Bold Solosis will 31 IVs in HP and Defense and with any item of your choice.

#2 Defeat me 5 times (includes the 3 wins you received from the last challenge) Those who fulfill this challenge will receive the title Elite Genius and will receive a level 100 shiny Timid/Modest Starmie with 31 IVs in Special Attack and Speed and with any item of your choice

#3 Defeat me 10 times (includes the 5 wins you received from the last challenge) Those who fufill this challenge will receive the title Champion Genius and will receive a level 100 shiny [any nature] Jirachi with 31 IVs in 2 of the stats of your choice. You will also be able to choose which item it holds.

#4 Defeat me 3 times in a row (being a Champion Genius is a prerequisite of this challenge) Those who fulfill this challenge will receive the title Frontier Genius and will receive a level 100 shiny [any nature] Mew with 31 IVs in all stats and any item of your choice.
Old December 28, 2011, 09:29:26 PM
Kyurem

Message me when your ready.
Old December 29, 2011, 12:20:32 PM
Joltik

I challenge you. But not right now because I'm limited with what I can do. I'll find you on PO whenever you're ready.
Old December 30, 2011, 11:34:49 AM
Charizard

Hey, so if i beat you, would that count for bounty from team lunacy, too, as well as the gym badge? 'cause if it does, i'd like to challenge you on pokemon (DISALLOWED)

Last edited by btpoke; December 30, 2011 at 11:35:36 AM.
Old December 30, 2011, 12:20:10 PM
Joltik

challenging!
Old January 3, 2012, 01:32:05 PM
Giratina

Imma win that award.
Old January 3, 2012, 02:04:04 PM
Kyurem

I'm ready to challenge!
Old January 6, 2012, 01:56:07 PM

Gym Battle #49

Reuniclus vs [TRDRS]Poketrader
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 4-0. I must admit, hax played an important role in allowing me to win this battle. The battle began with both of our pokemon going down at the same time. After that, I managed to get hax on TRDRS' pokemon and get an opportunity to set up. My pokemon began to set up while his pokemon remained immobile. My pokemon then proceeded to start sweeping the last few pokemon on TRDRS' team. GG TRDRS! I did get lucky with the hax, but you did good. You can rematch me in 4 days on January 8th ^^ (wrote up these reports a few days late).

Gym Battle #50

Reuniclus wins!

Now this battle was full of hax which led to me winning 5-1. Not only was this my 50th battle, but it was also my first gym battle held on DS wifi The battle began with my first pokemon getting taken out quickly. However, after that, hax just completely dominated the rest of that battle. I got very lucky with how hax was in my favor. Toward the end of the battle, Phantom forfeited as a result of there being nothing else to do. GG Phantom, you'll get that title eventually. You can rematch me in 4 days on January 8th ^^
Old January 7, 2012, 02:35:33 PM
Giratina

Confirming that loss gahhhhh
Old January 9, 2012, 05:14:43 PM

Gym Battle #51

Reuniclus vs Solairo
Reuniclus wins!

This was an extremely close match with me winning 1-0. I've heard Solairo was a tough battle so I was cautious entering this battle. The battle began with me setting up screens and hax. However, Solairo was prepared to deal wwith my hax easily, making my efforts useless. For the most part of the battle Solairo used a sweeper that really posed a threat to my team. However in the end, I PP stalled it, preventing it from using its signature move. After a while I was able to wall and sweep the last few of Solairo's pokemon. GG Solairo, you can rematch me in 4 days on January 13th ^^
Old January 15, 2012, 05:14:33 AM
Pikachu

That was a fun match Reuniclus, but I got ya this time. Another good game.
Old January 15, 2012, 03:53:04 PM

Gym Battle #52

Reuniclus vs btpoke
Reuniclus wins!

This was a close battle with me winning 1-0. btpoke did a much better job than last time against my team. I thought I was doomed toward the end of the battle, but my last pokemon survived with 8% health left. It was definitely a close match, I don't see too many of these anymore But anyway, GG btpoke! You can rematch me whenever since I wanted to write these results all at once. ^^

Gym Battle #53

Reuniclus vs Solairo
Solairo wins!

Well this was a disasterous battle on my part with me losing 0-5 xD I knew Solairo would learn well from his mistakes from our previous fight so I guess I saw this loss coming Like last battle, Solairo used a very powerful pokemon that literally destroyed most of my team. This battle was like a quick sweep for Solairo, he knew what my weaknesses were from our last battle. GG Solairo, you've rightfully earned my psynergy badge! ^^ Good luck taking on the rest of the gym league, you may also continue battling me for titles and prizes now that you've won my badge. If you beat me 2 more times, you will receive the title "Super Genius".

Gym Battle #54

Reuniclus vs Squirtle102
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 3-0. Squirtle learned from his past mistakes and did much better than before. I did get lucky with a critical hit on his last pokemon which allowed me to win I did manage to wall with one of my pokemon and set up in order to finish off his last pokemon, so I did get slightly lucky. GG Squirtle! You can rematch me in 3 days on January 18th. ^^

Gym Battle #55

Reuniclus wins!

Well this was certainly a close battle with me winning 1-0. Like the first battle I had with Aura, hax lead me to winning the battle. Throughout the battle, I had an extremely difficult time trying to set up with my pokemon, and my tactics didn't really help either. When I was down to my last 2 pokemon against his 3, I managed to freeze Aura's pokemon (same pokemon from the first battle too ) and start setting up with my last pokemon. After that, I finished off the last few of his pokemon. GG Aura, I look foreward to you trying to win your next title in my gym. Hopefully our next battle won't have as much hax xD, but you can rematch me in 4 days on January 19th. ^^
Old January 25, 2012, 06:44:42 PM
Pikachu

I challenge this gym!

FC: 1979 4175 7385
Old January 25, 2012, 08:19:58 PM
Kyurem

You know the drill.
Old January 26, 2012, 11:46:57 AM

I apologize for being lackadaisical about writing up these battle results

Gym Battle #56

Reuniclus wins!

This was a good battle with me winning 4-0. Phantom tried going for the title Super Genius after beating me 2 times beforehand. I thought by the pattern of our wins and loses that I was going to lose this battle, but I actually got lucky. The battle began with both of our pokemon going down at the same time, but after a lucky switch in with my next pokemon, I then started to set up. After Phantom recalled his pokemon into another one, I began to sweep his team. Overall, it was a pretty good battle, GG Phantom, you can rematch me anytime cuz I was lazy writing up the battle results. ^^

Gym Battle #57

Reuniclus vs Aquablast
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 5-0. Aqua decided to battle me using a new strategy; and it worked well for the first part of the battle. My first pokemon was quickly knocked out immediately, but Aqua left himself open for me to revenge kill his pokemon. After setting up a few times, I managed to defeat the rest of his pokemon. GG Aqua, you can rematch me anytime cuz I wrote up these results a little late. ^^

*yOblo has been added to my challenger list*
*Confirmed Squirtle for a rematch*
Old February 10, 2012, 05:59:33 PM

Gym Battle #58

Reuniclus vs. Quadcentruo
Reuniclus wins!

This was a great battle with me winning 4-0. During the time my gym's activity was slow, I decided to remake my team into a more deadly force. The battle began with me getting a terrain advantage and quickly taking out his first pokemon. However, Quad had a pokemon on his team that really messed up my strategy temporarily. However, toward the end of the battle, I managed to get a revenge kill and sweep through his last remaining pokemon. GG Quad, since I wrote this report up late, you can rematch me tomorrow, February 11th. ^^
Old February 11, 2012, 07:30:20 AM
Giratina

Should I challenge to a DS battle?... Eh first I'll get my team ready and uh.. maybe :]