Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Fan Fiction and Literature
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 18, 2011, 09:11:17 AM
Regigigas

Default AuraKshatriya's Poetry

Well...I don't really have time to go get my poetry from a while back right at this moment, but reading Shadow's thread made me feel like just getting some posted here. I wrote one last night on a whim, and while it's rather basic and doesn't amount to much, thought I might as well post it here until I have more time to add poems I put more thought into:

Sight    

I looked
Upwards, towards the light.
It shone
Brightly, I coveted that
Which I lacked.
And yet,
The further I oustretched my arm,
Trying to grab hold
Of that which I lacked,
The more I lost.
The harder it became to see.
Until finally,
All I could see
Was me.

(Basically, I was working on English homework, and looked at the lights to see if one had gone out, since I felt the room was a little dim. All of them were on, so I had to cover my eyes with my hand when I looked at them, and then I just outstretched my arm to completely cover one of them from my view. It kind of resembled a hand outstretched, reaching for the light, which is likely the imagery that resulted in this poem. Plus, we had been working on poems which you had to decipher in class, and I kind of felt like writing something that you build other ideas with instead, so yeah.)

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; September 18, 2011 at 09:12:51 AM.