Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old May 11, 2012, 08:37:43 PM
Kyurem

Default BW2 CoroCoro Updates: New Formes, Characters

As the images from the newly released Coro Coro are on the run, more important information on Pokémon BW2 has been released!

First, on the early events - it appears as if Alder appears early in-game and asks the player to follow. The old side-protagonists Cheren and Bianca are expected to make an appearance! Bianca will be the one to deliver unto the main protagonist their starter Pokémon while Cheren is making a reappearance as a Gym Leader, of what appears to be the Normal-type. As you can see, some aesthetic differences have been made, such as Bianca's new glasses, and Cheren's lack of them.

Team Plasma is also confirmed a reappearance; N, however, according to what appears to be one of the Seven Sages, is still nowhere to be found. Whether he will reappear in game is still questionable.
Click image for larger version

Name:	corocoro5121.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	2622

The "Genie Trio" has been given new forms as well. The original forms are now called the "Incarnation Forme" while the new, winged forms are the "Sacred Beast Forme". They will appear in the new Unova Pokédex, in positions 198, 199, and 200. According to the page, the new forms have boosted defenses and speed in comparison to their Incarnation counterparts.

Name:	corocoro5125.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	312.8 KB
ID:	2625

Name:	tornadusforme.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	2626

Next up, there's PokéWood, which is the replacement for the Musicals in BW. Basically, it appears as if you have to face a giant Mecha-Tyranitar. Brycen (Icirrus City's Gym Leader) and Homika's father (father of the new Poison-type Gym Leader) appear at this event. Basically, in PokéWood, you record your Pokémon battling the Mecha-Tyranitar and turn it into a movie.

Name:	corocoro5123.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	333.3 KB
ID:	2624

Finally, some old Champions and Gym Leaders are expected to make an appearance, though all the details are unknown as of yet. There is supposedly a facility at which one can face the Champions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, along with some memorable Gym Leaders, as shown here, Giovanni, Volkner, Brock, and Misty.

Name:	corocoro5122.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	299.7 KB
ID:	2623

Source: Serebii

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; May 11, 2012 at 09:06:17 PM.
Old May 11, 2012, 08:53:22 PM
Administrator

In the future, please attach images instead of embedding them.

I'm quite psyched for these updates!
Old May 11, 2012, 08:58:44 PM

I found another picture of the new forms for Tornadus, Landorus, and Thundurus. Tornadus looks similar to an eagle, Landorus looks similar to a tiger, and Thundurus looks similar to a dragon.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	New Tornadus Form.png
Views:	13304
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	2621  
Old May 12, 2012, 02:51:59 AM
Kyurem

My goodness. There seems to be more information and more information coming out of CoroCoro these days, huh? I really do miss being able to read CoroCoro every month.

At least with these forms, now we're no longer looking at almost-palette-swaps, huh?

Now I wonder whether I should go on an information lockout for BW2. But I'm also getting really excited for these games. Decisions, decisions...
Old May 12, 2012, 05:44:38 AM
Giratina

So N is still missing and it's unclear whether or not he will return in BW2. Considering they bothered to put him in the magazine, I'd say chances of him returning in BW2 are anywhere from almost certain to most definitely.

Also, it looks like the 3 legendary birds from Kanto have competition with the new forms of Tornadus, Landorus, and Thundorus.
Old May 12, 2012, 05:47:05 AM
Rayquaza

Is it just me or did Bianca steal Cheren's glasses?
Old May 12, 2012, 05:49:19 AM
Shaymin

In that second photo there is another new (human) character... Probably insignificant. But I really don't like these new forms. They just don't appeal to me. If you do get to battle other region's gyms, I will be VERY happy.

Last edited by teamplasma; May 12, 2012 at 05:55:52 AM.
Old May 12, 2012, 05:49:59 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Is it just me or did Bianca steal Cheren's glasses?
Nope, glasses bridge is different, if ever, there.
Old May 12, 2012, 08:28:15 PM
Giratina

Wow this is all soo much! Wasn't expecting any of this O_o
Old May 13, 2012, 10:24:13 AM
Volcarona

Hm... This is getting more and more interesting by the minute! Can't wait to get my hands on these!
Old May 13, 2012, 12:09:59 PM
Giratina

So that Pokémon in the Pokémon AR game thing...it looks to be the new Tornadus form. I can't wait for both.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:29:15 AM
Rayquaza

I hate Tornadus' new forme. A lot. It just doesn't suit him! On the contrary, the other two look great.

As for the AR searching game, it definitely is better than both the Dream World and PokéWalker.

And my opinion about PokéWood: a unique feature indeed, but I doubt it would be captivating enough for a battler like me, unless the battles against the Tyranitar are actually intense and not pre-programmed by the game, like the dancing part in the Musical.
Old May 20, 2012, 07:24:52 AM
Giratina

The Pokémon Musical wasn't very interactive. Aside from dressing up, if you didn't attach certain items, all you could do was watch and listen. If PokéWood is what it seems to be(which I hope it is), then you can battle Tyranitar in any way to make a story. Seems pretty interesting.
Old May 21, 2012, 10:24:29 AM
Kyurem

They should have brought back the sevi islands. Like have a unova version of the sevi islands. At least then you could catch more pokemon and get in a few more battles.