Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White 2

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 7, 2012, 11:46:19 AM
Volcarona

Default The Musical Compositions of the BWII Soundtrack: General Discussion

This thread is dedicated to talking about the soundtrack of the successors to Pokémon Black and White. Why? Let's face it, Junichi Masuda and his homies took it to the next level.
Old October 7, 2012, 11:51:24 AM
Volcarona

I find that Hugh's intro theme and battle theme are so elegantly classy. You hear that Piano followed by that Slap Bass and you know ****'s gonna get real. I also love some of the riffs. The snare is pretty good, too. Possibly my favourite battle theme so far for this franchise.

Hugh's Opening Theme and Battle Theme, Spoiler Alert    

Last edited by GalliumGrant; October 7, 2012 at 11:52:29 AM.
Old October 7, 2012, 11:51:25 AM

I love the BW2 soundtrack, it includes so many remastered themes and new epic ones. Two songs that I really like are Hugh's Overworld theme and Colress' battle theme.

BW2 Themes. DO NOT LISTEN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET SPOILED    

Old October 7, 2012, 11:58:41 AM
Administrator

Hugh's Theme is a no-brainer, both on the field and in battle. I know there are some certain remixes later. Thanks to the CD I have, I only spoiled two of them, though.

What are they remixes of?    

Gym Leader and Champion themes from previous generations
Old October 7, 2012, 02:15:25 PM
Giratina

Is this... a thread built just for me and my musical ramblings I've been keeping inside for 3 months? BRB, browsing YouTube for hours.
OKAY. So, I overall love every single thing about the soundtrack. I prefer some songs over others, but there has not yet been a new addition that I did not like. Some things that take the cake for me are listed below in a spoiler. Don't look if you know nothing about the game, I'm choosing from the very beginning to the very end.
LET'S GET THE 15 MINUTE EXTENDED VIDEOS!    
Aspertia City- I love the calm nature of this song~ Best first town city, am I right?
Vs. Colress- The countdown is epic. The techno is epic. He is epic. Just sayin'. And the vibe is mysterious, which is why I looooove iiiit~
Vs. Black Kyurem (Which is somehow different from White Kyurem? Can't hear it.)- The DRAMATICNESS in this is amazing. It's just all over the place, and it's kind of sad, considering how... plain the battle is.
Vs. Ghetsis- MY MAN GHETSIS STEPPED UP HIS GAME. His full on psycho touches to his song made this actually scary when I first heard it.
N's Castle- Comparing this to the older one just 2 years ago is very depressing. Listen to how everything was just... destroyed and abandoned.

I would post a lot more, but I love EVERYTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
What are they remixes of?    

Gym Leader and Champion themes from previous generations
That is like sooooo 1st Gym Leader early in to the game, though.
Old October 8, 2012, 08:29:43 PM
Volcarona

Fun fact: The title screen's song is NOT a midi file, in fact it's an actual audio file besides patched midi files with instruments. I found no such midi in the game and the sound, if you listen closely (and have an ear for such things), you can clearly detect that they do not loop like the in-game instruments.
It's perhaps a little experiment done by Game Freak I think, possibly. It's certainly a possibility seeing the new PMD games being announced for the 3DS which have already been shown to have an orchestral OST. It does seem... intriguing to say the very least.

Might I add that this title theme does feed my whole opinion that the themes related to Kyurem sound Godzilla-like.

Last edited by LugiaDialga; October 8, 2012 at 08:37:19 PM.
Old October 13, 2012, 11:16:55 PM
Regigigas

Okay, I'll be honest with you guys. I didn't like the Final Pokemon Fanfare in BW. I thought it was overrated and it interrupted the main theme for the gym leader battle. This version, however, just really blew the first one out of the water, though. It really felt more like an actual fanfare, and furthermore an extension to the gym leader battle theme. The first part of it just really sets up the epicness for me.
Old October 13, 2012, 11:35:13 PM
Administrator

Gotta say I do like the Colress theme quite a bit. The new Plasma theme is addicting too.
Old October 14, 2012, 05:11:50 AM
Giratina

I am in LOVE with this theme. From the very start it's just like "We're Team Plasma, and we're badass."
Spoiler Alert:    
Old October 14, 2012, 10:16:35 AM

I love Drayden's gym theme, it sounds like something out of the Pokemon Stadium series. =D
Spoiler Alert    

Last edited by Reuniclus; October 14, 2012 at 10:17:18 AM.
Old October 14, 2012, 11:35:16 AM
Volcarona

The Reversal Mountain theme is totally damn unique. It doesn't sound anything like a Pokémon theme from one of the main games. The Spanish sound works really well, too. The key is in A, but add a few chords in C and G, and holy hell, does it blend well. I love it. Since I have White 2, I'm more used to the White 2 version. The Black 2 version is pretty sweet, though. Nice instrument choices and all. (It reminds me slightly of the Burn Daisy Cave theme from Crusader of Ragnacenty, I admit. x3)

Reversal Mountain Theme - Pokémon White 2    

Reversal Mountain Theme - Pokémon Black 2    

Last edited by GalliumGrant; October 14, 2012 at 11:36:06 AM.
Old October 14, 2012, 02:30:21 PM
Shaymin

I'm not sure if this is the generic scientist theme, but there is one female scientist in front of the research lab on Route 6. I thought it was awesome! (And I'd link to it, but that'd be infinitely difficult being that I'm on my phone.
Old October 19, 2012, 10:58:36 PM
Administrator

The Black Kyurem theme is VERY trippy if you are wearing headphones due to a channel phaser where much of the sound starts on the right and echos to the left. Sadly, it's not very catchy. Then the Ghetsis theme..."GHEEEEEEEEETSIIIIIIS!" I swear, nobody tested this music with headphones. This song has the same trippy effect.
Old October 20, 2012, 01:57:57 PM
Shaymin

I know this hasn't changed much since Black and White, but I absolutely love the Entralink theme! It's just... gorgeous. The melody is amazing, and the bells are really good at helping set the mood.

(BW video because I couldn't find a BW2 video.)

Old October 21, 2012, 09:49:17 PM
Administrator

Oooh, that champion theme is awesome~! It feels so futuristic and spacy.
Old October 22, 2012, 02:33:53 AM
Celebi

Iris's battle theme and Marlon's gym theme
Old October 22, 2012, 03:48:46 AM
Giratina

This is for the songs brought back from other games.
Potential spoilers, and it's a few of them.    

This chick has TWO battle themes. Why do you need 2? WHEN YOU'RE THAT HOT AWESOME. What's notably different (This is used in the PWT) are the guitars and the speed. It's so it'll get you more pumped in the hardest tournament of them all! There's also a key change from the previous 2 versions of her song.
I like this infinitely more than the Platinum which took out the techno sounds. This keeps them, and adds some of the power that comes from orchestral instruments.
Looks like Green is back with some fierceness. While the guitars don't take over the entire song like they did in FR/LG, they add some spice when they come over other instruments. The bells sound pretty, too~! ...I dunno, they just sound pretty.