Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 22, 2011, 06:34:00 AM
Servine

Default Armads' arts

Having dumped most of my older artwork into some forgotten void (aka Texas), I've recently decided to take another stab at arting. Armads' sketchbook makes its vengeful return, now with 30% less recycled material!

Most of my pokemon sketches come from an old fanfic I used to do. Stuff from the past couple days:
Luca - One of the two main characters. (and yes, I am that creative with names lol)
Glass - One of my favorite characters. Technically a villain in the story.
Din - Another protagonist, but he doesn't have much of a backstory.

And my recent non-pokemon thing, the Hollow Cat from an unrelated story. May be a bit disturbing to cat lovers. XD

Critiques are welcome, requests semi-welcome. I'll get to them when I have time. lol
Old April 22, 2011, 06:41:42 AM
Rayquaza

I love Lucario the most. More shadings would make your pictures more realistic.
Old April 22, 2011, 12:59:26 PM
Servine

I would totally do that, but I'm just awful at shading. I've ruined a number of my drawings by trying to shade them. XD;

For reference, here's an Absol I drew a while back, with and without shading. With the exception of the darkened skin, I don't like the shaded version much. It looks a lot more cluttered and all the shadows just seem wrong... and I can never figure out what looks "right." Sad. =(
Old April 23, 2011, 04:51:37 AM
Kyurem

They're nice.
Old April 23, 2011, 05:28:25 AM
Giratina

You could try smudging when you shade instead of just lines, good drawings though.
Old April 23, 2011, 09:32:58 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armads View Post
I would totally do that, but I'm just awful at shading. I've ruined a number of my drawings by trying to shade them. XD;

For reference, here's an Absol I drew a while back, with and without shading. With the exception of the darkened skin, I don't like the shaded version much. It looks a lot more cluttered and all the shadows just seem wrong... and I can never figure out what looks "right." Sad. =(
The shaded one looks better to me though. But yeah, you definitely need to improve your shading skills.
Old April 24, 2011, 02:28:57 PM
Volcarona

I like the Lucario and Mightyena the best. It would be better if you try to shade. Or you can color unless you prefer to stick with pencils for your drawings.
Old May 4, 2011, 11:13:12 AM
Servine

New drawing finally! Spring break's over so I have to get back into school work, but in between that and creative droughts I'll hopefully still have some new sketches every couple days. lol

Anyways, the newest thing and what's actually my first drawing of a fifth-gen dude. Here's Bosco, my Serperior from White. I went and took another crack at hatch shading while I was at it too. While I'm pretty happy with this turnout, I blame Time for making it take nearly two hours to do. XD
Old May 9, 2011, 06:08:32 PM
Servine

Back and with something a bit different today. Haxorus being my favorite Gen-V pokemon, I was pretty miffed at failing to draw one well after a couple of attempts (lol =|). Sooo I instaed went with a more anthropomorphic design. Presenting Liyr, my trusty Haxorus(ish)!
Old May 10, 2011, 05:53:12 AM
Rayquaza

After shading, your arts improved a lot and are now more appealing.
Old May 10, 2011, 09:43:03 AM
Giratina

Lucario and Floatzel are really well-done, but Serperior is hands-down the best one so far. Shading your drawings made them look better, so you should always stick to that from now onwards.
Old May 10, 2011, 12:38:10 PM
Servine

Thanks for the input, Time and Shadow. I got a bit on the lazy side when I draw Liyr (hence why she isn't shaded lol), but I plan on doing more shaded stuff whenever I can find the time. XD;