Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 21, 2009, 05:22:53 PM
Servine

Default Rate my Dragonite

My team is under construction, but my dragonite is my main member

Dragonite Level 74. Hasty Nature. Female.
Ability: Inner Focus
Attacks: Aqua Tail (pp10/10)
Thunderbolt (pp15/15)
Fly (pp15/15)
Hyper Beam (pp5/5)
Stats: Attack - 234
Defense - 169
Sp. Atk - 176
Sp. Def - 176
Speed - 171

I need to make sure my pokemon are top notch for future battles so if you guys could give me some tips or suggestions then that would be great.
Old December 21, 2009, 07:19:33 PM
Keldeo

Default Re: Rate my Dragonite

You don't competitive battle do you? ,:3

Well since dragonite attack is superior to his special attack and the nature "hasty" raises speed I reccomend a dragon dance dragonite. IMO its the most effective dragonite. Outrage is a must because it gets STAB and does good damage. Super power is good as well and helps take down ice pokemon that will be switched in to try and 1HKO dragonite. As for the last slot either earthquake or aqua tail will do.

OH. and if your using outrage, have her hold a lum berry to prevent confusion from stopping your sweep.
Happy sweeping~! =w=
Old December 22, 2009, 11:12:06 AM
Servine

IMO you should replace Hyper Beam and Thunderbolt with physical moves. Dragonite has a strong Atk while its Sp. Atk is poor. You should try Giga Impact and Thunderpunch instead.

Hyper Beam is a strong move, alright, but it won´t do much damage because of Dragonite´s low Sp. Atk. Plus, Dragonite becomes totally open for a super-effective attack during the other turn. Of course, Giga Impact has the same effect, but because Dragonites focus on physical attacks, Giga Impact will become more powerful.

Not only that, most of your moves won´t hit at 100 % accuracy. It can screw your strategy up if they miss.

Last thing is that you should teach moves which have the upper hand against the type advantage -having Pokémon (ice, metal). Fire punch, Earthquake and Brick Break, for example, are good for this possibility.

I have 14 Pokémon at level 100 and one of them is a male Dragonite, so I know what I´m talking about.
Old December 22, 2009, 03:31:57 PM
Servine

Thanks guys
i really appreciate your suggestions and will take them to heart. Im defanitly going to change some moves around.
Old December 27, 2009, 01:45:30 AM
Volcarona

This could make a nice choice scarf sweeper,(Provided, if you ev it for speed, obviously get rid of special attacks, change fly to aerial ace/another move, and provide setup (eg ninjask).

Aside from that, its kind of quirky and random, as dragonite has moderate defs, and attack, but lesser speed.
Old December 27, 2009, 03:09:17 AM
Rayquaza

I am sorry not to rate your Pokemon, but I wanted to inform you that I moved this thread to the section of 'Rate My Team'. Please, whenever you want the members to rate your team, post the thread in this section.

Also, don't forget to add the rest of your team members, or else I'll have to delete the thread (because you can't make a thread to rate a single Pokemon).

Last edited by Shadow; December 29, 2009 at 07:42:12 AM.