Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 2, 2014, 12:36:24 PM
Keldeo

Default Skyrim

I ended up getting Skyrim for Christmas and been playing it almost every night for a few hours while hanging out with my brother. I had a good feeling on this game because it's made by Bethesda Softworks.

I've started to get into the story, I haven't dug into it to much. Nor have I really explore Skyrim to any extent. From the little exploring I have done I managed to get the vampirism disease, the idea I found to be pretty cool though being weak while in the sun does not help at all. Fortunately I picked the race with higher HP regeneration so some of it is negated.

As with dragon killing, I've taken down the first two of them. First giving me a shout and the second just being a dragon soul I collected. Proving that I'm dragonborn, something I haven't quite got a full explanation on. I just know go kill stuff.

Anyone else play?
Old January 2, 2014, 08:13:41 PM
Kyurem

I bought the game when it first came out for 360, but I only got to play it for about a month or two before my brother took it with him to college. I also just purchased it for the PC, as I now have a laptop capable of playing high-end games. Huzzah!

My Argonian character is now level 15, and I have been making my way through the Thieves Guild questline to make enough dough for a sweet house in Solitude. I currently live in Riften, though a business trip to Solitude made me realize that I was missing a phenomenal house. The new follower system is really amazing, as I married a mage mercenary (Marcurio) and now have a dude to give me free money every day or two, carry stuff for me, and help me in killing monsters. Sweetness. Once I have a better home, I will continue the main quest to enhance my voice powers/end the Civil War.

The choice between Imperials and Stormcloaks is tough, though, so I am trying to talk to a wide group of people to make an informed decision. Sovereignty is great and all, but where does it end? WHERE DOES IT END? D:
Old January 3, 2014, 03:37:00 AM
Shaymin

I played Skyrim on the PS3 when it came out. Realized the PC version was less buggy and bought that...

I have three characters all Argonian but with different play styles. The weakest of the three I tryed to advanced with him with the thief skill lines aligning with the Thieves Guild and other nonsense like that. Didn't make it through the main quest that far yet.
Second was a more challenging one as I tried playing as what I call a combat medic Mage. I use one handed swords and basically cap out my magic skills in restoration, blocking and armour. It was a really fun challenge to do.

Finally I have my level 63 One handed warrior Argonian who has finished the main quest. Archived a good portion of the Shouts. Solved the Civil War siding with the United Imperials. Solved the Vampire crisis in Dawnguard and did away with the menace in DragonBorn. I also have the maxed out home in Hearthfire as well as random homes in every major town. And have become thane in the most of the smaller holds towns... My dear Streza did good...
Old January 3, 2014, 12:12:50 PM
Charizard

I bought it for 360 when it first came out. I started out as a Nord (obviously, one of the most popular ones) and proceeded to play as a warrior with one handed weapons.
I did the Stormcloaks side because I wanted to be a rebel because hey, rebels have the most fun haha.
The game is really fun, amazing job by them creating this game. I have continued to play it up to this day, getting the DLC, just replaying the story because it really is a great story. I can't get enough of Skyrim.
and I haven't played the beta but I hope the online one is going to be good. I will be streaming it so let's cross our fingers!
Old May 4, 2014, 03:16:52 PM
Servine

Oh I so want this game..... skyrim is the VERY best pc game I know. (Tied 1st place with minecraft)
Old May 4, 2014, 03:20:41 PM
Keldeo

Not really my style of game, at least not that I normally play, but I really want to give it a go some time. Doesn't look terribly expensive, either, at least not compared to some games out there.