Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 11, 2014, 07:02:54 PM

Default Bravely Default Help/Support/Advice Thread

I know at least 2 people on here who got the game. Ask anyone for help on a certain point in the game (including friend summon requests)- or just give some advice from your own experiences with the game. Note that this thread WILL contain spoilers.

Here's my first piece of advice: If you're fighting against the Asterisk Thief guy with the Magic Fencer, get rid of all your Potions and Hi-Potions. I had to retry the battle 3 times because the thief kept stealing my Potions and using them to recover ~500 HP. Once I sold all of my potions, he couldn't steal anything and the battle got a lot easier.
Old February 12, 2014, 03:21:27 PM
Administrator

I'm pretty early in the game, but for those who haven't yet figured it out, the easiest way to grind is to maximize the encounter rate, enable auto battling, speed the battles up with the right arrow, and just use your left hand to play.

I guess I only have a few gripes with the game so far:
  • Just like the Friend Safari in Pokémon X/Y, this game relies a little too much on the whole social aspect for mundane that aren't related to actually playing with folks.
  • Rebuilding Norende reminds me a bit of those silly wait games on mobile phones, but thankfully this one doesn't have that "pay to do it now" aspect. Thankfully, this one doesn't get stale immediately and actually can make you think where you want to invest your villagers, and you don't have to stop playing the game to build it up. I feel bad for the people who can't StreetPass anyone, though. It must be a pain to wait SEVENTY hours to expand the road, then wait even longer to upgrade shops.
  • The microtransaction feature to refill Sleep Points seems like a complete joke. I can't imagine anyone actually using it.

Otherwise, the game has been incredibly fun so far. It requires putting lots of thought into setting up your team, and grinding only gets you so far. I look forward to an enjoyable adventure.