Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 9, 2014, 07:23:14 PM
Giratina

Default E3 2014

And so the first day of E3 is over. Sony might've had the best looking games but Ubisoft was just unforgettable. I totally love Aisha Tyler now. DO THAT S***!

But Nintendo will definitely win me over if they feature more Bill Trinen~<333
Old June 9, 2014, 07:49:46 PM
Administrator

Only thing I cared about from today's E3 was GTA V being announced for next gen (which was revealed by Rockstar afterwords to include PC). SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY FOR THE SAME GAME I BOUGHT LESS THEN A YEAR AGO BUT IN HD!

Last edited by Yoshi648; June 9, 2014 at 07:50:35 PM.
Old June 9, 2014, 09:41:30 PM
Administrator

Needs more Wii U version.

I didn't catch anything from the conferences, and I won't be able to catch the Nintendo one.

Here are the ones from earlier, and I'm too lazy to watch them myself: http://www.gamespot.com/e3/

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; June 10, 2014 at 12:34:03 AM.
Old June 10, 2014, 05:01:34 AM
Regigigas

In my opinion Sony beat out Microsoft yet again this year, not just because of the games that Sony is offering. The ability to play Farcry 4 multiplayer without having to own the game [only one of the ones you're teaming with has to own it]? free 30-day trial of Dead Island 2? All pluses in my book.
Old June 10, 2014, 06:48:43 AM
Giratina

I'm not going to decide on an E3 winner until Nintendo shows what they've got since they're also part of the big 3. But they're gonna have to do something amazing in their little Direct since they're not having a live conference.

Until then, I would agree that Sony showed off more pluses, but Microsoft did amaze me in the way that they actually showed things I'm interested in for once. Now I might have to get an Xbox One.
Old June 10, 2014, 07:31:51 AM
Haxorus

I haven't sat down nad watched them all yet, but from what I've seen, everything looks pretty good. I might be buying a PS4 or Xbox One by the end of the year. After seeing what is offered, I'll have to reconsider. I'm really excited for what Nintendo's gonna do. I have lunch soon, and then a study hall, so I can't wait.
Old June 10, 2014, 07:54:00 AM

Just in case people can't find a way to get to the E3 website, here's the link:

http://e3.nintendo.com/
Old June 10, 2014, 08:02:58 AM

"Come on Reggie, give us Mother 3!"
Old June 10, 2014, 08:08:39 AM
Rayquaza

Lincoln gets sworn into battle
Old June 10, 2014, 08:14:11 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Lincoln gets sworn into battle
That cracked me up. XD

Spoilers for those who haven't watched the Nintendo E3 yet...    
I know that, at first, I was against Miis for Smash Bros., but I must say that they executed the Mii Fighter extremely well by giving a number of options. At first I was worried in how limited Miis would be, but now that I've seen what they can do, I certainly look forward to what people will do.
Old June 10, 2014, 08:22:18 AM
Rayquaza

Toad is getting his own game, awesome he's my favorite Mario Character.
Old June 10, 2014, 08:33:45 AM

Ohhh a sequel to Canvas Curse. I'm excited for Hyrule Warriors too
Old June 10, 2014, 08:48:07 AM
Rayquaza

Boo not enough 3DS stuff.
Old June 10, 2014, 08:48:49 AM

Palutena confirmed.
Old June 10, 2014, 08:58:22 AM
Kyurem

Cool! Paluntena seems pretty good, and it's nice to see that Nintendo is still listening in on the fans. While I wouldn't have minded either way, this could certainly shake things up. The Mii Fighter certainly took me by surprise too.

In short...CHOO CHOO HYPE TRAAAIN
Old June 10, 2014, 09:12:33 AM
Giratina

So Ninty gave us-

-Smash Bros. Opener, Mii Character with 3 options and Lady Palutena; confirmed NFC compatibility
-Yoshi's Woolly World and Kirby Rainbow Curse
-Splatoon, the ink fighting game you've always dreamed of
-Bayonetta Collection Bonus
-Captain Toad's rise to popularity gives him his own game
-Hyrule Warriors massive celebration, Zelda and Midna confirmed characters
-OPEN WORLD LEGEND OF ZELDA

And the things everyone loves, RELEASE DATES. I can't quite recall them all, except the annoying October 3rd release date for Smash Bros. 3DS. If the Wii U version still comes out in 2014 I'm afraid I'll have to get that one first.
Old June 10, 2014, 09:22:47 AM
Volcarona

I thought the announcement of the Amiibo was kinda crap tbh, ever since they had the idea with Skylanders, was never a big fan of paying for "physical DLC" (Then don't pay for it, ya ya)

On a more positive note, I did like that we're finally getting a new Star Fox game on Wii U as well as a new Zelda game. The Mario Maker game might be kinda cool too, if you want something small to have fun free time with. I really hope that something big related to Smash Bros gets announced at e3 this year besides Amiibo and the Mii character custom. More so like the veterans of Brawl, but then again, I highly doubt most will make the cut. (My thoughts)
Old June 10, 2014, 09:26:10 AM
Administrator

Cool, work was slow this morning so I was able to watch the stream. Pretty cool stuff, Nintendo will be stealing more of my money the rest of the year.

Also a press release talking about the stuff announced and more including:

*GameCube adapter for Wii U will be $20, and new Smash Bros themed controller for $30 (or both bundled with the game for $100)
*Mario Party 10 for Wii U announced for next year
*New Star Fox for Wii announced for next year

Last edited by Yoshi648; June 10, 2014 at 09:26:47 AM.
Old June 10, 2014, 09:40:21 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Cool, work was slow this morning so I was able to watch the stream. Pretty cool stuff, Nintendo will be stealing more of my money the rest of the year.

Also a press release talking about the stuff announced and more including:

*GameCube adapter for Wii U will be $20, and new Smash Bros themed controller for $30 (or both bundled with the game for $100)
*Mario Party 10 for Wii U announced for next year
*New Star Fox for Wii announced for next year
Jesus Christ that's really expensive for some controllers. I think I'll stick to the GamePad.

The Nintendo Minute didn't cover quite a lot, I mean it was less than an hour while the other conferences were at least 90 minutes. Hopefully the Treehouse Stream will cover more stuff in depth, I don't feel wholly satisfied.

Last edited by TurtwigX; June 10, 2014 at 09:41:09 AM.
Old June 10, 2014, 01:22:40 PM
Administrator

But wait there's more! /billymayes

In an interview with IGN, Reggie says that they will be revealing more stuff tomorrow.
Old June 10, 2014, 01:34:52 PM
Administrator

Expensive? Sounds like a great deal to me, especially when the Wii U Pro Controller is like $50.

Of interest to me:
  • Yoshi's Wooly World, which I don't think I've heard much about since last year's E3.
  • Mario Maker. The ability to make your own Mario levels in an OFFICIAL level creator? Took 'em long enough, and New SMB U should have plenty of features to keep people messing with it for awhile. Now can you create a whole overworld map too to build your own game?
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. I'm actually quite shocked at that announcement. For those who haven't played Super Mario 3D World, there are several short levels where you have to navigate Captain Toad in 3D around a small cube. I remember hearing a lot of comments about people wanting a game of entirely Captain Toad levels.
  • Mario Party 10. Yoshi and Green, beware.
  • Splatoon. Looks weird, in short.
Old June 10, 2014, 02:19:25 PM
Keldeo

I missed the actual thing today because I was at work until an hour ago, but this is what I'm getting out of the trailers. Scores are based purely on what I see in the video, I don't have time to do more research about the actual games.

Amiibo: SSB in real life, awesome. Except I don't like SSB so whatever so this made no sense to me. Don;t shoot me please. 4/10
(Edit: oh wait, this isn't for SSB. I, uh, I knew that. 9/10)

Captain Toad: I've wanted a game about Toad ever since I discovered Super Mario. I want a Wii U now. Also extra credit for remixing the Toad Brigade music. A lot of the stages look a wee bit small, though. 10/10

ORAS: The camerawork alone in the beginning was awesome. Kind of wish they didn't focus on the in-battle as much as they did, we already know what that looks like and what type Blaziken is, but other than that it looked amazing. And it's ORAS. 10/10 This is how you craft an advertisement, you television idiots, are you taking notes here?

Bayonetta 2: Lots of smoke and fire and explodey stuff. Nice. 8/10

Hyrule Warriors: this is a clear-as-many-enemies-as-you-can thing, right? Also, nice job with the music. 9/10

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse: You walk around on string? Interesting take on Kirby's world, I like it. Disappointed they didn't use a Gourmet Race remaster, but whatever. 8/10

Xenoblade X: Robots, robots, and more robots. Okay. 6/10

Mario Maker: so apparently Nintendo listened to ten-year-old me's dreams. I also like how you can switch between decades with the graphics. 10/10

Splatoon: A shooter game that uses Paintball? And you can interact with the paint after you're finished shooting it? Yes, please. 8/10

SSB Palutena: Never liked SSB. A bunch of figures come to life and beat the skitty out of each other. It's really not that exciting. Oh yeah, it also seemed kind of stupid that they made an entire video just to introduce one character. No thank you. 2/10

Mario Party 10: You mean, Mario Party, DLC round 10? It's the same thing as the other Mario Party's, except HD and with a mobile camera. 0/10

PL vs. PW: Not a fan of either, but I like how they blended the two series. 8/10

FL: Life simulation game on the 3DS? Never thought I'd see the day. 7/10

Mario vs. DK: Meh. Interesting to see another game that implements a level editor, though. Nintendo's finally doing what the Flash programmers were doing almost ten years ago!

Pokémon Art Academy: Not my thing, but still a really cool idea. I see they added bit of a story to it, too. Some of those pictures looked really involved, should be interesting to see what you can do with a 3DS. 8/10

Art Academy (Wii U): See above, apply to more broad subjects. 8/10

Devil's Third: eh. --/10

Guess what console I want for my birthday? Also, avoid Twitter on E3 at all costs if you plan on ever doing anything else that week.

Last edited by Dragonite; June 10, 2014 at 02:31:56 PM.
Old June 10, 2014, 02:44:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
Captain Toad: I've wanted a game about Toad ever since I discovered Super Mario. I want a Wii U now. Also extra credit for remixing the Toad Brigade music. A lot of the stages look a wee bit small, though. 10/10
See my comment about this game above. It was originally a special level featured about once per world in Super Mario 3D World. If you get a chance to play that game, be sure to try out the Captain Toad levels. While the first few are fairly easy, some of the later ones show you how tricky the levels can get. I'm pretty sure the standalone game will feature levels even tougher than most of the ones in 3D World.
Old June 10, 2014, 03:14:20 PM
Giratina

Treehouse went over some good little tidbits. The official video should be out soon, but things I noted-

-Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker is going to be a huge game filled with those lovely SM3DW stages, but instead of just collecting the green stars you now have to collect diamonds and reach the star at the end getting as much treasure as possible. To be released in the Winter.
-Those jerks loved the hell out of Splatoon so much they visited the booth twice much longer than they needed to. It's just like if CoD was mostly paintball, and with smaller maps. There's a lot of balance and focus on trying to splatter as much as you can, and unlike other shooters staying at base can still help your team. The transformation into squid form is super fluid, and you can even hide below the surface if you're in your own ink. Honestly, so much said.
-Hyrule Warriors is a giant love letter to Zelda with the feel of a Dynasty Warriors game (don't take my word for it, I've never played one of those before.) The game is a hack-n-slash that uses many fan favorite Zelda quirks, but breaks the conventions of actual Zelda gameplay. This is no longer about saving Zelda, you'll get in her damn way.

Controllers in general are stupid expensive and that's why I refuse to buy any of them.

Quote:
(Edit: oh wait, this isn't for SSB. I, uh, I knew that. 9/10)
It is, they're clearly based on Smash Bros. art, but it'll be for so much more. It's NFC potential.
Quote:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse: You walk around on string? Interesting take on Kirby's world, I like it. Disappointed they didn't use a Gourmet Race remaster, but whatever. 8/10
Someone has obviously never seen nor played Kirby's Canvas Curse. It's pretty much a sequel to that, but with a clay aesthetic. I'm not too interested (hate the mechanic) but I'll keep an eye on it. And not every Kirby song is Gourmet Race, the series has much better.
Quote:
SSB Palutena: Never liked SSB. A bunch of figures come to life and beat the skitty out of each other. It's really not that exciting. Oh yeah, it also seemed kind of stupid that they made an entire video just to introduce one character. No thank you. 2/10
Though I won't judge you too much since you don't like Smash Bros. so you obviously haven't been keeping up, but it's pretty common that Palutena and the Mii had their own videos, since every other newcomer has had their own introductory videos (and some veterans.)
Quote:
Mario Party 10: You mean, Mario Party, DLC round 10? It's the same thing as the other Mario Party's, except HD and with a mobile camera. 0/10
Agreed. Mario Party has been slacking since 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
See my comment about this game above. It was originally a special level featured about once per world in Super Mario 3D World. If you get a chance to play that game, be sure to try out the Captain Toad levels. While the first few are fairly easy, some of the later ones show you how tricky the levels can get. I'm pretty sure the standalone game will feature levels even tougher than most of the ones in 3D World.
Yes. However, it won't be just like the ones in SM3DW. They'll only be particularly familiar. From what I've seen although the controls are exactly the same they've been experimenting with the level design and the mine cart level in particular is a token.

Another thing I'd LOVE from Mario Maker is MODERN DAY SYUPER MARIO KAIZO. MAKE IT HAPPEN, MASOCHISTS.