Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Victory Road Network Support

Notices

Victory Road Network Support Suggestions? Errors? Comments? Questions?

Search this Thread
Old April 11, 2010, 09:23:28 PM
Regigigas

Default F Skee Ball.

F the Skee Ball game. F it to the deepest, darkest eternal pits of Hell, and then send it to Hell's Hell, then the Hell of Hell's Hell. I'm calling shenanigans, hax, and all other shouts of bull crap. I demand that justice be served hot, with cold revenge on the side.
I'm frigging serious, could you make a more impossible, cheating, evil arcade game? It is IMPOSSIBLE to get more than 1,400 points, and only then I did it on pure luck. I want someone to confirm Ayunnuya's score is genuine, as with mine. I want to know what color balls were used on each round, what hole they landed in, whether or not there was a bonus ball score, EVERYTHING. I have played for 8 hours straight, and I have not gotten past 1,300, much less 1,410.
Please, if you can help me with this, I will thank you with everything I have. My house, my family, my pets, my games, my high scores on said games, my virginity, my LIFE. If you can do this, I will forever be in your debt. I will do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING for you, no matter what.
Old April 11, 2010, 09:46:02 PM

It's mostly luck. I just now played a game where I had 1140 points and one ball left: a blue one. I tried to get it into the 100 but missed. If I did get it into the 100 then I would've gotten 1540 points.

My tips: always aim for the 100 pointers, especially if you have a red or blue ball and especially if the hole is flashing. Only aim for a different, non-100-point hole if the hole is flashing and you have a regular ball at hand.

Edit: Actually, it might also be good just to aim for the top-right 100 every time.

Last edited by PokeRemixStudio; April 11, 2010 at 09:56:18 PM.
Old April 12, 2010, 12:16:13 PM
Giratina

The colored balls are random, so you sorta have to get lucky.

Always go in the flashing holes.

Aim for 100s and hope to get lucky.

I can't say much else since I can't even get over 500 if I'm not lucky.
Old April 12, 2010, 12:35:24 PM
Kyurem

I got around 1400 on a different site. The colored balls are completely random, but I believe its possible to get 9 blue balls in (incredibly unlikely, though). There is a bonus round if you get x score, where you can shoot 3 more balls. I'm not sure what the x score is, though.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; April 12, 2010 at 12:36:36 PM.
Old April 12, 2010, 02:38:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
I got around 1400 on a different site. The colored balls are completely random, but I believe its possible to get 9 blue balls in (incredibly unlikely, though). There is a bonus round if you get x score, where you can shoot 3 more balls. I'm not sure what the x score is, though.
600 points or more lets you do the bonus round.
Old April 12, 2010, 03:10:04 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy2257 View Post
F the Skee Ball game. F it to the deepest, darkest eternal pits of Hell, and then send it to Hell's Hell, then the Hell of Hell's Hell. I'm calling shenanigans, hax, and all other shouts of bull crap. I demand that justice be served hot, with cold revenge on the side.
I'm frigging serious, could you make a more impossible, cheating, evil arcade game? It is IMPOSSIBLE to get more than 1,400 points, and only then I did it on pure luck. I want someone to confirm Ayunnuya's score is genuine, as with mine. I want to know what color balls were used on each round, what hole they landed in, whether or not there was a bonus ball score, EVERYTHING. I have played for 8 hours straight, and I have not gotten past 1,300, much less 1,410.
Please, if you can help me with this, I will thank you with everything I have. My house, my family, my pets, my games, my high scores on said games, my virginity, my LIFE. If you can do this, I will forever be in your debt. I will do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING for you, no matter what.
Sorry to say pal, you just have to get lucky with the skee balls. Not much else to say. I don't remember what balls I had and where they landed. But, I do know that it is possible to get two blue balls in one round or three red ones in a row. It happened before.
Anyway, scores are scores. Sorry for being mad, but that's just how the balls come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
It's mostly luck. I just now played a game where I had 1140 points and one ball left: a blue one. I tried to get it into the 100 but missed. If I did get it into the 100 then I would've gotten 1540 points.

My tips: always aim for the 100 pointers, especially if you have a red or blue ball and especially if the hole is flashing. Only aim for a different, non-100-point hole if the hole is flashing and you have a regular ball at hand.

Edit: Actually, it might also be good just to aim for the top-right 100 every time.
Agreed. But I say, aim for any hole that's flashing to get an extra ball. Oh, yeah, F5 is your friend and worst enemy.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; April 12, 2010 at 04:37:32 PM. Reason: Double Post - Try to multiquote posts in the future.
Old April 12, 2010, 03:18:13 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayunnuya View Post
Sorry to say pal, you just have to get lucky with the skee balls. Not much else to say. I don't remember what balls I had and where they landed. But, I do know that it is possible to get two blue balls in one round or three red ones in a row. It happened before.
Anyway, scores are scores. Sorry for being mad, but that's just how the balls come out.
I had to. :3
Old April 12, 2010, 03:45:53 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK View Post
I had to. :3
Hence the pun. =3
Oh, BTW, I set a new highscore.
Old April 12, 2010, 04:32:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayunnuya View Post
Hence the pun. =3
Oh, BTW, I set a new highscore.
Congratulations. It totally killed my 1,540 point score.
Old April 12, 2010, 05:06:26 PM
Rayquaza

I hate skee ball, I'm no longer in the top 10.
Old April 12, 2010, 05:42:54 PM

After scoring 1,750, I decided I'd share some tips:

Internet Explorer for the win. Flash games run slower on IE than on Firefox. Although it might not seem like it, Skee Ball is easier to play when slowed down, because that allows for more precision in aiming, timing, and speed of the mouse drag. That'll make it easier to replicate the required movement to get the ball into the 100 every time. Using a crappy slow computer helps, too.

Tablets make it easier (if you have one). Using a pen tablet as a mouse allows for more precise and consistent mouse-drags. I actually didn't use a tablet on my 1,750-point score, but I did on several of the other top-10 scores. If you don't have a tablet, hold your mouse as tightly as possible to give yourself more control of it.

Pay no attention to the holes. Try focusing only on the area right in front the ball when it's at hand, and aim for the top-right 100-pointer every time. This might seem dodgy, but I benefit from it. When you're concentrating on what's right in front of the ball, you can always determine where the ball starts, which angle to aim at, and where to stop dragging, and hopefully you can repeat the maneuver to keep getting 100. I always have the ball start at the left leg (a bit left of it, actually) of the "A" in the word "BALL" that you see on there. Then I have the ball sort of follow the leg of the A. When dragging the mouse, I start it on the middle of the ball and I usually let go just above the word "SKEE" (if I'm aiming for the top-right 100 like I always am) and follow through until my mouse reaches the longitude of the ball-counter, but the speed of the ball might also depend on how quickly you drag the mouse (if you do it to slowly, the ball will lose momentum). Even when the left 100 is flashing, I still go for the one on the right so that I don't interrupt my consistent chain of aiming for the right 100. I also never take my eyes off of the area where's I'm dragging my mouse until after I totally let go.

Of course, we'll probably get to a point where using the last strategy and relying on the luck of what's flashing and what color balls we get will only get us so far and we'll all be trying to break the imposed limit. Then, you'd have to do crazier and riskier things like going for every single flashing hole, or only some of the flashers, but we're not 1337s trying to get 1337er just yet. For now we can only hope we get as many blue balls as possible.

Edit: In fact, I just got a score of 2,000 consisting of only 100-pointers. How much I got largely depended on which colored balls I had and that the hole I was aiming for happened to be flashing twice.

Last edited by PokeRemixStudio; April 12, 2010 at 10:30:39 PM.