Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 4, 2012, 05:39:21 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by N (Black/White)
"… … [Zekrom/Reshiram] and I were beaten. Your [truth/ideals]… Your feelings… They were stronger than mine, it seems… Reshiram and Zekrom… Each of them choosing a different hero… Is that even possible? Two heroes living at the same time— one that pursues truth and one that pursues ideals. Could… Could they both be right? I don't know. It's not by rejecting different ideas, but by accepting different ideas that the world creates a chemical reaction. This is truly the formula for changing the world."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
"I've been thinking... When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life.. take the lemons back. Get Mad! I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE!? Demand to see life's MANAGER! Make life rue the day it thought it could give CAVE JOHNSON lemons! Do you know WHO I AM!? I'm the man that's gonna BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! With the Lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a COMBUSTIBLE LEMON that BURNS your house down!"

language & Terrible toilet jokes    
Old November 14, 2012, 03:06:23 PM
Servine

Bang: We NOT cool! That sentence doesn't even have a verb, woman!
Hazama: Shut your trap!
Narration: Mommy ends Mikoto's rant with a wicked right cross to the mouth - a textbook example of the famous Nanaya "tough love."
Noel: H-Honey... You just launched our daughter through the roof!
Hazama: She was giving Mommy a headache! Use your inside voice, Mikoto! Capiche?
[Groans from the off-screen Bang.]
Hazama: See? Crisis averted.
Makoto: Uh, that wasn't so much an answer as it was teeth rattling around in a mouthful of blood...

Valkenhayn: Mommy, where's the baby?
Hazama: Uh, yeah. About that. We got into a tiff on the way home, so... he'll get here when he gets here.
Makoto: You fought a BABY?!
Hazama: No, of course not...
Makoto: Good, good. Whew!
Hazama: He spat up on me, so I returned the favor. Hey, tit for tat, right? Anyhoo, he didn't much take to that. We stared each other down for a minute or two, then parted ways.
Noel: You barfed on our baby? Like... Purposely?!

Zappa: "Dear Mother, I saved a hurt girl in the woods. She's cute and surely wife material, but she's really a guy..."

Alistair: Sten? I spy with my little eye something that begins with 'G'.
Sten: (sigh) Is it a Grey Warden? Is it, in fact, you?
Alistair: Ooh, you're good at this.

Sten: On good days, I posed riddles to passers-by, offering them treasures in exchange for correct answers.
Alistair: Really?
Sten: No.

Agnus: Just as foul-mouthed as I had heard. The rumors prove true. As will the new ones concerning your d-d-d-demise.
Nero: Don't you think that's a little harsh? Killing me because of the way I t-t-t-t-talk?

Sorry for so many quotes but omg <3
Old November 25, 2012, 04:29:24 PM

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

-Karen of the Johto Elite 4
Old November 25, 2012, 05:04:08 PM
Giratina

"Claus was just hasty, that's all.
You'll forgive your hasty brother, won't you...?"
-Flint
Old November 25, 2012, 06:03:32 PM
Mudkip

Every single one of us goes through life depending on and bound by our individual knowledge and awareness and we call it reality however both knowledge and awareness are equivocal ones reality might be a illusion we all live inside are own fantasies don't you think- Itachi
Old November 25, 2012, 06:35:03 PM
Giratina

Deadpool has so many great lines, but here are only a few.

"Dude, I freakin' LOVE Street Fighter. Autograph your spleen for me?"
"Hahaha! Magneto! Welcome to die!"
"I just beat Mag-freakin'-neto! Where yo curly mustache at?"
"BANG! BANG BANG BANG! BANG BANG BANG BANG!"
"Who was I supposed to kill again? Hah! Doesn't matter."
(Nonspoken) "You can spell 'assassin' without 'sin.' And TWICE the 'ass.'"
"Health bar in your face! Feel the looove of the hypercombo! And it's a hoooooome ruuun! This is a hypercoooombo!"
"How did anyone ever enjoy these games without me in 'em?" -Deadpool, Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
"Claus was just hasty, that's all.
You'll forgive your hasty brother, won't you...?"
-Flint
THAT LINE MADE ME BAWL FOR HOURS

Last edited by TurtwigX; November 25, 2012 at 06:35:31 PM.
Old November 25, 2012, 06:55:27 PM
Celebi

"You may as well be the dirt on the bottom of my boots! Or the dirt stuck to the bottom of that dirt!"
"Destruction without death? BORING"
"'Wait' He says! Do I look like a waiter?" -Kefka ,FF4
"Never again, you vile creature...! Let me hear that laugh of yours!" -Valkenhayn, Blazblue
Old November 26, 2012, 09:39:32 AM
Haxorus

"..." - Pokemon Trainer Red

Shows what a badass he is, by not actually saying anything.
Old November 30, 2012, 08:52:30 PM
Shaymin

"...I punched a chicken."
-Nathan Drake summing up his PSASBR Arcade event.
Playstation AllStar BattleRoyal.

"If you die.... You can't shoot anymore..."
"Shooting guns is... Lame, eh? Hurts to shoot people... Hurts to... Get shot..."
-Wendy Cheslock
"F-Forgive me, I... I can't help... Protect you all... Any longer..."
"You'll not harm my people."
-Wavy
"I don't fear death...Solitude...Darkness...have been...faithful companions..."
-Marina Wulfstan
Valkyria Chronicles.

Damn I love the Quotes from Valkyria Chronicles.
Old November 30, 2012, 09:05:53 PM
Servine

So you found me. Congratulations. Was it worth it? You know, despite your violent behavior, the only thing you've managed to break so far is my heart. Maybe you could settle for that and call it a day. -GLaDOS (Portal)
Old November 25, 2013, 08:25:11 PM
Giratina

Something funny happened when I took a stroll with Team Rocket's outfit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131125_004533.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	5806
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131125_004647.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	5807

annoying Old party men just don't care.
Old November 26, 2013, 12:16:47 PM
Floatzel

From Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, following Reimu Hakurei's defeat of Flandre Scarlet:

Reimu: Good girls go home quietly and go to sleep.

Flandre: ...But I am home?

Reimu: So you don't need to go home. Fitting for a bad girl.

In the same game, when Remilia Scarlet reveals herself to Reimu, Remilia accuses Reimu of murdering her maid. Reimu replies with:

Don't worry, one kill doesn't make me a serial killer.
Old November 26, 2013, 01:18:39 PM
Celebi

"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate ... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are ... Death awaits you." - Nyx Avatar, Persona 3

"So it seems your Hearts have led you to Obliteration, I guess it doesn't pay to be too loyal to ones heart. I Guess I'll have to be Sure and remember that" - Xemnas, Kingdom Hearts 2

"All worlds begin in Darkness, and also end. The Heart is no different. Darkness sprouts within it, It grows, Consumes it. Such as it's nature. For in the end every heart Returns to the Darkness whence it came. For you See, Darkness Is the Hearts TRUE Essence...So you've come this far and Still you understand nothing. Every Light must Fade every Heart Return to Darkness!" - Ansem The Seeker of Darkness, Kingdom Hearts
Old December 4, 2013, 10:32:55 AM
Haxorus

"Return to freakin' sender!"
"Yo, I oughta be on a baseball card!"
"Nice hustle, tons-o-fun! Next time, eat a salad!"
"You're like a car crash in slow motion. It's like I'm watching you fly through a windshield."- Scout, Team Fortress 2

"Alright, I have hairy palms.... so?" - Male Worgen
"Yes, I've tried shaving... it doesn't work, trust me." - Female Worgen
Old December 4, 2013, 10:43:59 AM

"...Ay lliw gnihtemos yub" -Lorule Salesman [LoZ: A Link Between Worlds]
Old December 4, 2013, 07:59:48 PM
Administrator

This thread is lacking in the GTA V department:

GTA so massive language warning obviously    

Jimmy: Dude, my dad is retired. Like, fully. Like his only marketable skills are watching TV and daytime drinking.

Jimmy: My brother from another mother. I mean... I-I hope so 'cause my mom was kind of a skank back in the day.

*Michael barging in to rob a jewelry store*
Ladies and gentlemen, this is your moment. Please don't make me ruin all the great work your plastic surgeons have been doing.

Michael: You gotta be kidding me! Why did I employ a hacker who can't run anti-virus software?

Trevor: I'll swing by and sign the contracts, alright? Just ignore the bodies.

Trevor: I know why they call them handlers. Because they handle like a dream.
Lloyd: This aint a toy, sir, it's heavy machinery.
Trevor: Thank f*** I'm high as a kite.

Jimmy: Hey, let's bounce.
Michael: Bounce? We're bouncing now? Is that what we're doing? Jesus f***ing Christ.

*Trevor is covered in blood after killing Wade's cousin Lloyd*
Wade: Oh Trevor, what have you got all over yourself? You're all red. Is that...is that syrup?
Trevor: Yeah. Syrup...accident.
Wade: We've all been there. We sure have, but... but it don't taste like syrup.
Trevor: Don't taste me alright? Just... no licking.

*Michael is driving his family home after a therapy session*
Amanda: No one else gets this family. Not Dr. Friedlander, or my yoga teacher, or our tennis coach... or the juice guy, or the dog walker, or ...
Michael: Woah, hey hey...
Amanda: ... or Jimmy's third grade teacher ...
Jimmy: Or the trash guy.
Tracy: Or dad's proctologist.
Jimmy: Or the guy who thinks he's Jesus on Vescuppi Beach.
Tracy: Or the hippy bum who thinks the world is ending.

*Michael saved Jimmy from kidnappers (people he trolled online)*
Michael: Call me an idiot, but a troll, Jim? What's a troll?
Jimmy: Like a joker on the internet.
M: What sorta jokes?
J: Sorta mean jokes.
M: Like what?
J: Like someone posts something and you are like "That sucks. You suck, dick."
M:Oh. So, jokes that aren't funny?
J: No. You don't get it. The humor comes from repetition. Like, you say it once, big deal. Then you say it again, and again, and again, and again.
M: Okay
J: Like the other day, he posts a picture of his newborn, and I'm all like, "Damn son. That right there is one ugly-a** motherf***** of a baby." And I'm all like "My balls is prettier than that baby." and then I send him a picture of my balls. "I seen roadkill prettier than that baby. What the h*** is wrong with your baby?" And he's all like "Actually there's a problem with it's chromosomes," or something. and it's a miracle it survived birth." And I'm all like "It's actually a miracle I survived seeing a picture of it's ugly..."
M: Enough! Alright, e-fu**ing-nough. I get it.
J: Maybe that one was a little OTT, but it's generally really good times.
M: Yeah. Good times. Great times. The fu**ing fun you have.

Last edited by Yoshi648; December 4, 2013 at 08:00:28 PM.
Old December 5, 2013, 02:41:55 PM
Haxorus

"Your power level is over 9000!"

-a psychic Trainer in Pokemon X
Old December 7, 2013, 07:29:21 PM
Administrator

Oh yeah, forgot about the narrator from the Stanley Parable who is a goldmind of great quotes. For those of you who have yet to play this great (though really short) game, it parodies and makes fun of many game tropes:

A lot    

"Oh please, are you really doing this for the achievement? Click a door 5 times, is THAT all that you think an achievement is worth? No no no, I can't just give these merits away for such little effort, a measly five clicks.

"I haven't finished building this section of the map, because you were never supposed to be here in the first place. Broken rooms, exposed developer textures... is this what you wanted?"

"In this game, the baby crawls left toward danger. You click the button to move him back to the right, and if he reaches the fire, you fail. It's a very meaningful game - all about the desperation and tedium of endlessly confronting the demands of family life. I think the art world will really take notice."

"Oh no no no no no. This is far too open-ended than I had in mind. I'm looking for something more narrow and linear, something that really makes you feel utterly irrelevant."

"At first Stanley assumed he had broken the map, until he heard this narration and realized it was a part of the game's design all along. He then praised the game for its insightful and witty commentary into the nature of video game structure and its examination of structural narrative tropes."

"Oh no no no no, you can't... did you just unplug the phone? No, that wasn't supposed to be a choice; how did you do that? You actually...chose incorrectly? I didn't even know what was possible."

"Ah, welcome back. You may have noticed that this room has begun to deteriorate as a result of narrative contradiction."

"Now that we know your choices are meaningful, we can't have you jumping off the platform and dying! Imagine the main character dying senselessly halfway through the story! That story would make no sense at all."

"Stanley. This is me being serious. In fact this is my serious room. It's where I come to be serious. That table is the most serious table I could find. I looked at many, many tables. Hundreds of tables. It's possible I looked at over a thousand tables.. I relate this story to impress upon you the extent to which this is the most serious room I have, which is why I've brought you here."

"Stanley sat around waiting for more dialogue, but when a long time had passed and there was no more, he decided that the game was trying to send him a message."

"Oh, and uh, I guess this is where Stanley felt he needed to be right now, in this little hallway. Here, with no distractions, to study room 417. Not to actually enter it, no no no no, that would be far too forward. Stanley wanted to know it from the outside - to see it not just with his eyes, but with his heart. He would know room 417 as no man or woman had ever known an office before. That ladder over there! *gasp* Oh, and that little picture of a horizon or something! It's all just a never ending parade of joy for Stanley."

"My heavens! I've never met someone who can consume as much uranium in a single sitting as you can! Just look at you go!"

"Of all people I know who are playing this exact demo at this exact moment and standing in this exact room, your performance is easily in the top 5000! Top 4700 even! I wouldn't go as far as 4600..."

And finally my personal favorite, the *walk into janitor closet and sit there* dialog:

"Are you.. are you really still in the broom closet? Standing around doing nothing? Why? Please offer me some explanation here; I'm genuinely confused. You do realize there's no choice or anything in here, right? If I had said, 'Stanley walked past the broom closet,' at least you would have had a reason for exploring it to find out. Maybe to you, this is somehow its own branching path. Maybe, when you go talk about this with your friends, you'll say: 'OH, DID U GET THE BROOM CLOSET ENDING? THEB ROOM CLOSET ENDING WAS MY FAVRITE!1 XD' ... I hope your friends find this concerning. Stanley was fat and ugly and really, really stupid. He probably only got the job because of a family connection; that's how stupid he is. That, or with drug money. Also, Stanley is addicted to drugs and hookers." *a minute passes* "Well, I've come to a very definite conclusion about what's going on right now. You're dead. You got to this broom closet, explored it a bit, and were just about to leave because there's nothing here, when a physical malady of some sort shut down your central nervous system and you collapsed on the keyboard. Well, in a situation like this, the responsible thing is to alert someone nearby so as to ensure that your body is taken care of before it begins to decompose. HELLO!? ANYONE WHO HAPPENS TO BE NEARBY!! THE PERSON AT THIS COMPUTER IS DEAD!! HE OR SHE HAS FALLEN PREY TO ANY NUMBER OF YOUR COUNTLESS HUMAN PHYSIOLOGICAL VULNERABILITIES. IT'S INDICATIVE OF THE LONG-TERM SUSTAINABILITY OF YOUR SPECIES. PLEASE REMOVE THEIR CORPSE FROM THE AREA AND INSTRUCT ANOTHER HUMAN TO TAKE THEIR PLACE AT THE COMPUTER, MAKING SURE THEY UNDERSTAND BASIC FIRST-PERSON VIDEO GAME MECHANICS, AND FILLING THEM IN ON THE HISTORY OF NARRATIVE TROPES IN VIDEO GAMING, SO THAT THE IRONY AND INSIGHTFUL COMMENTARY OF THIS GAME IS NOT LOST ON THEM." *finally leave closet* "Ah, second player! It's good to have you on board. I guarantee you can't do any worse than the person who came before you."

Old December 7, 2013, 08:56:24 PM
Charizard

"Please note that we have added a consequence for failure. Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official testing record, followed by death."

" Good news. I figured what that thing you just incinerated did. It was a morality core they installed after I flooded the Enrichment Center with a deadly neurotoxin, to make me stop flooding the Enrichment Center with a deadly neurotoxin. So get comfortable while I warm up the neurotoxin emitters."

"When I said "deadly neurotoxin," the "deadly" was in massive sarcasm quotes. I could take a bath in this stuff. Put it on cereal, rub it right into my eyes. Honestly, it's not deadly at all... to *me*. You, on the other hand, are going to find its deadliness... a lot less funny. "

~GLaDOS (Portal)

"I wish I could pound fate with this 2x4."
~Lighter

Storyline Spoilers For Anyone Who Has Not Played This Outstanding Game (MOTHER 3)    
"… Huh? The monster’s name is Claus? Its name is Claus?! That almost sounds like a persons name! But now its my robot. Not even a fragment of life remains in it. It’s Master Porky’s slave robot! It does what ever I Say! It acts on my will alone. It’s my double. It Doesn’t know anything about who you are! *cough cough* ” 
~Porky Minch

Linda: “I’m sorry, Mike, but that’s called sexual
harassment these days.”
Mike: “This is a hard world we live in now.”

“THE NUMBER YOU HAVE DIALED IS CURRENTLY OUT OF PORKCHOPS.” ~Ms. Marshmallow

"Spankety, spankety, spankety!"
~ Porky Minch

MOTHER 3

Last edited by BluFire1337; December 7, 2013 at 08:57:00 PM.
Old December 7, 2013, 09:35:23 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFire1337 View Post
"Please note that we have added a consequence for failure. Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official testing record, followed by death."

" Good news. I figured what that thing you just incinerated did. It was a morality core they installed after I flooded the Enrichment Center with a deadly neurotoxin, to make me stop flooding the Enrichment Center with a deadly neurotoxin. So get comfortable while I warm up the neurotoxin emitters."

"When I said "deadly neurotoxin," the "deadly" was in massive sarcasm quotes. I could take a bath in this stuff. Put it on cereal, rub it right into my eyes. Honestly, it's not deadly at all... to *me*. You, on the other hand, are going to find its deadliness... a lot less funny. "

~GLaDOS (Portal)

"I wish I could pound fate with this 2x4."
~Lighter

Storyline Spoilers For Anyone Who Has Not Played This Outstanding Game (MOTHER 3)    
"… Huh? The monster’s name is Claus? Its name is Claus?! That almost sounds like a persons name! But now its my robot. Not even a fragment of life remains in it. It’s Master Porky’s slave robot! It does what ever I Say! It acts on my will alone. It’s my double. It Doesn’t know anything about who you are! *cough cough* ” 
~Porky Minch

Linda: “I’m sorry, Mike, but that’s called sexual
harassment these days.”
Mike: “This is a hard world we live in now.”

“THE NUMBER YOU HAVE DIALED IS CURRENTLY OUT OF PORKCHOPS.” ~Ms. Marshmallow

"Spankety, spankety, spankety!"
~ Porky Minch

MOTHER 3
The sexual harassment one was so spontaneous I burst out laughing. Mother 3 is so funny for such a depressing game.

My current favorite Mario & Luigi: Dream Team quote should only be viewed as a video for full effect. But there's also:

"What up, playas! Diggin' on them mustaches you got!" -Mad Skillathon Shelltop
Attached Files
File Type: mp4 VID_20131203_181430.mp4 (7.77 MB, 360 views)
Old December 7, 2013, 10:20:21 PM
Charizard

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
My current favorite Mario & Luigi: Dream Team quote should only be viewed as a video for full effect.
Haha, that's great! I've actually never played the game. I have played the demo and it was pretty fun though. That line is great though!
Old December 8, 2013, 07:26:56 AM
Charizard

"My, Earth really is full of things..."
-The King of all Cosmos, Katamari Damacy
Old December 8, 2013, 09:26:36 AM
Haxorus

A bunch of Gex quotes:

"It takes a lickin', and-- eh, we've heard it."
"All that work and I'm back where I'm started - it's just like college!"
"This reminds me of my last few dates..."
"Oh no, I'm too young to have a second childhood."
"Two words: Slim Fast."
"Nice teeth. And do we floss?"
Old February 17, 2014, 07:35:00 PM
Charizard

"Thank you for taking the time to read this sign. This sign loves you."
—A sign in MOTHER 3
Old March 13, 2014, 06:03:06 PM
Landorus

"Since I've got some money lying around, I'm thinking of redecorating my bathroom. I'm going to need 5 Magic Keys. Don't ask why." - The King, Dokapon Kingdom
Old March 14, 2014, 06:14:38 AM
Kyurem

(the following is all said in a pirate voice: )

Passenger: Avast thar, me hearty!
Tanner: Pardon me?
P: Aha! Ya didn't talk like a pirate! That's another dollar ya owes me!
P: I never taught ya how to sail like that, lad!
T: Ah, me old dad had a rowin' boat.
P: You steer a boat like a damnable woman, Jimbo!
T: *groan* I apologize, capt'n.
P: That be a fast boat they're sailin', Jimbo lad!
T: Aye, capt'n, they got... wind in their sails, and... no mistake.
P: Message from the crows nest! Scurvy dogs ahoy!
P: That dog... man the cannons!
T: Ah, we ain't got none, captain.
P: Oh, chuck a ruddy Coke can at him, then!
P: We beat them scurrilous sea dogs!
T (in a normal voice): Good. Can we speak normally, then?
P: That be another dollar ya owe me, lad!
--Talk Like a Pirate Car, Driver: San Francisco

Last edited by NismoZ; March 14, 2014 at 06:14:44 AM.
Old May 26, 2014, 01:28:07 PM
Charizard

Get up on the Hydra's back!