Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Debate

Notices

Search this Thread
Old May 23, 2010, 04:21:45 PM
Volcarona

Default Hunting

Now, in the perfect world, humans would be vegetarians and couldn't even imagine eating another creature, nevertheless hurting one and animals would skip happily along, left alone to live.

But it isn't a perfect world. We're omnivores. We hunt. We eat. We kill.

SO I wanted to know, what's your opinion on hunting?

Before you post here; I know everybody wants to save the helpless animals, but keep in mind that hunting is not always murder, even hunting for sport and to watch what you say, it could seriously offend some people.

What do you think of hunting?

I think that hunting for food, is perfectly acceptable and that I could never really see myself having a problem with that. If you need to hunt say... deer for food, and you do then that's good as long as they're in season and you're allowed to hunt them. If you're lost in the woods, starving, I say to save yourself you could kill any animal you have to kill to survive, endangered, threatened, whatever.

But, if it isn't an emergency where you will die very soon if you don't kill said animal, I know you should never kill an animal out of season or, heaven forbid, on an endangered or threatened species list. They have, believe it or not, specific seasons for hunting things for a reason other than to annoy hunters >.>.

The types of hunting I think are just cowardly? Anything that the hunter is guaranteed to win. Some people will lock up, say a lion, in an environment where it can't escape and the hunter will be sure to win. That's cowardly. If you're going to stalk through the woods with a bow and arrows, or a gun and you'Re hunting for sport, you are actually working to get that kill, not walking up to a cage with a machine gun. You've got to actually have knowledge to really hunt, not just poach endangered animals. Killing something in a cage and bringing back the head is just sad.

I also don't agree with most snares. Most of them that I have heard of just leave an animal to die very painfully. I Would also like to mention that at the same time, while I think hunting for food is acceptable, it isn't exactly a good thing to do.

For those who think this (out in the woods, could have brought food but instead)
:

someone goes out into the woods, *BAM* shoots a dear. Everyone is all happy, “Oh yea, we eating good tonight.” or that it is okay to shoot animals because they cannot speak English and are animals.

This is what I would say to that:

No, animals have a reason to live, just because they cannot talk does not mean they do not have the right to live. Maybe they are thinking of us the same way, but they cannot do much. Hunting is not fair at all; killing poor little animals who wander around the forest get shots. Yes, most animals that get killed have children and they are trying to take care of there baby’s and you guys want to go out there and shoot them. What if someone shoots your mom, that will be a miserable thing, and the animals could be feeling the same way. Animals do cry you know, but they do not do it like us. We are Animals, so why there is a rule were we cannot shoot each other? Everyone is part animal but they do not care because the other animals do not talk. I am sure if they could talk no one will shoot them

So basically I am kinda at a standstill on hunting. I think it is only right depending on the circumstances. Well, maybe I should wrap my wall of text up by simply saying this:

What do you think, remember, try not to offend anybody.
Old May 28, 2010, 01:49:48 PM
Charizard

Of course hunting is pretty much necessary for humans to survive in present times, but the way we go about it is wrong. I really don't think shooting an innocent creature is being "humane." People were given increased knowledge over other creatures, so we should use it instead of mindlessly killing off living things.

I think that hunting for sport should NOT be permissible. Doing such is sort of like spraying graffiti on a wall. It's only purpose is to harm others for one's own short lived pleasure. Honestly, there are better ways to spend your time that would be more pleasurable and more productive than taking the precious life of something.
Old May 29, 2010, 07:28:15 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir View Post
Of course hunting is pretty much necessary for humans to survive in present times, but the way we go about it is wrong. I really don't think shooting an innocent creature is being "humane." People were given increased knowledge over other creatures, so we should use it instead of mindlessly killing off living things.

I think that hunting for sport should NOT be permissible. Doing such is sort of like spraying graffiti on a wall. It's only purpose is to harm others for one's own short lived pleasure. Honestly, there are better ways to spend your time that would be more pleasurable and more productive than taking the precious life of something.
And honestly, I would rather for there to be graffiti being sprayed on walls than people killing off animals for sport. I really don't see the point in it.
Old May 29, 2010, 12:20:00 PM
Shaymin

Hunting for game is fine, just use what you killed in a way other than mounting it/stuffing it, and don't hunt endangered animals.
Old June 3, 2010, 09:10:53 AM
Mudkip

Well there is a saying: "there is always a hunter and always a prey" it is true it is in our nature to kill FOR FOOD. I don't agree with people who just kill animals helples or not, just for there fur, I hate those hunters who kill just for the fur. mostly they are illigal persons working. back: loins kill zebras for food, they eat the grassy remains from the stumoch BUT they cant live from grass alone they will need meat to survive did you think about that neo?
Old June 3, 2010, 09:29:03 AM
Giratina

When we were cavemen we hunted animals, why can't we now? It's human nature to hunt for food, and we need meat for protein. Those vegetarian-friends protein foods are great, but it's normal for one species to hunt another. You don't go around stopping bears eating rabbits, do you?

Hunting for a game though, that's just cruel. 'Nuff said.
Old June 3, 2010, 12:00:15 PM
Regigigas

Here's what I "believe."
Survival of the fittest *****es.
Survival of the fittest.

Its life, you've got to take one away to help yourself. That's the way it should be, regardless of how immoral or "evil" it might sound, but it really pays off. If I see an innocent rabbit in the forest, and I am like starving and ran out of food but I've got a knife, will I starve myself to death? Hell no. I'm gonna catch that rabbit and kill it, then roast it up and make me some rabbit soup. This is the same concept animals do, and we're the closest thing to animals, so we do the same too.
Old June 3, 2010, 09:52:28 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoPun View Post
Here's what I "believe."
Survival of the fittest *****es.
Survival of the fittest.

Its life, you've got to take one away to help yourself. That's the way it should be, regardless of how immoral or "evil" it might sound, but it really pays off. If I see an innocent rabbit in the forest, and I am like starving and ran out of food but I've got a knife, will I starve myself to death? Hell no. I'm gonna catch that rabbit and kill it, then roast it up and make me some rabbit soup. This is the same concept animals do, and we're the closest thing to animals, so we do the same too.
Technically speaking, we are animals. So saying we're the closest thing to them isn't exactly correct. We're just the most intelligent animals on the Earth.
Old June 4, 2010, 02:35:00 AM
Haxorus

Boy, I love killing things to survive.
The thing is, we HAVE to eat these things to survive. The worlds just a ****ed up place when you have to kill a family to eat.
We're the est darn animal ever!
Old June 4, 2010, 05:24:52 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Technically speaking, we are animals. So saying we're the closest thing to them isn't exactly correct. We're just the most intelligent animals on the Earth.
er, that makes sense.XD
We're mammals, so it counts too.;P
I thought reptilians are the smartest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragiiin123 View Post
Boy, I love killing things to survive.
The thing is, we HAVE to eat these things to survive. The worlds just a ****ed up place when you have to kill a family to eat.
We're the est darn animal ever!
Damn straight.v_v
You just gotta face the fact your gonna die if you don't nom on that chicken over there no matter how sick it might sound. Actually, its not sick at all. We've been doing this for years and we're learning from the animals. Ever since we were cavemen and women.
Old June 14, 2010, 03:15:23 AM
Servine

Default Should we eat animals?

*bad dr.suess pun*
So, heres a nice little debatable topic.
do you think animals should be eaten?
personally I think if we werent supposed to eat them we phisically wouldent be able to, though thats just what i think.
Old June 14, 2010, 06:49:53 AM
Shaymin

Well, Unless there is some other food source that provides the same nutrition and good taste as meat, then no we shouldn't. I know there's vegitarion options, but not only are those not very good tasting, vegitarians aren't as healthy as you think because they aren't getting a diet of meat with their diet of vegatables, etc.
Also, survival of the fittest.
Old June 14, 2010, 06:58:44 AM
Regigigas

Well, it depends on the person and also sometimes religion like the Hindu cause they can't eat cows cause there like god or something i need to catch up on my hinduism hahaha., And jews can't eat pork and their food needs to be kosher hense kosher salt.
But how do you make meat kosher? but most people in the world love meat!!
Old June 14, 2010, 07:03:27 AM
Giratina

God put animals on earth for humans to eat so I see no problem in eating them. Besides, they taste amazing.
Old June 14, 2010, 07:07:30 AM
Kyurem

Well, there's more to this debate for me: although it would bankrupt my parents to follow these practices right now, I do take much offense to traditional slaughtering; Kosher is the way to go. Additionally, we have to eat /some/ life so survive, be it animals or plants.
Old June 14, 2010, 09:14:16 AM
Rayquaza

They are tasty. I have to eat them. Also, I think eating these animals keep the nature balanced.
Old June 14, 2010, 09:19:55 AM
Volcarona

I don't like the idea of slaughtering or killing animals. However, at the same time, if an animal that is a carnivore was hungry and you were the only thing walking around, would it ask you if it could eat you? No... it would try its chances and begin its hunt. So, I see no problem with eating animals. I mean, humans are animals as well.

It is quite funny in my opinion. How humans are animals and when we're eaten by another animal like a Wolf, Bear, Lion, Tiger, etc... people start going balistic. Yet, when we attack those same animals and eat them, people feel it is alright? I am sure that same wolf, bear, tiger, lion, etc... had children, or other family as well so it's not appropriate for us to say, "well, John had a son and a daughter but was eaten so this is an outrage." No, the world doesn't work in that way. Hopefully, that last part will be easy for everyone to understand and not sound confusing. ;P
Old June 14, 2010, 10:21:39 AM
Mudkip

Quote:
I don't like the idea of slaughtering or killing animals. However, at the same time, if an animal that is a carnivore was hungry and you were the only thing walking around, would it ask you if it could eat you? No... it would try its chances and begin its hunt. So, I see no problem with eating animals. I mean, humans are animals as well.

It is quite funny in my opinion. How humans are animals and when we're eaten by another animal like a Wolf, Bear, Lion, Tiger, etc... people start going balistic. Yet, when we attack those same animals and eat them, people feel it is alright? I am sure that same wolf, bear, tiger, lion, etc... had children, or other family as well so it's not appropriate for us to say, "well, John had a son and a daughter but was eaten so this is an outrage." No, the world doesn't work in that way. Hopefully, that last part will be easy for everyone to understand and not sound confusing. ;P
Agreed!
Old June 14, 2010, 10:44:26 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK View Post
God put animals on earth for humans to use so I see no problem in eating them. Besides, they taste amazing.
Pretty much explains my view on the debate. Besides, eating meat provides a balance of nutrition in a human's diet, which is essential for a healthy life. However, to ensure the 'dignity' (I can't find a better word) of animals even when they are slaughtered for food (in restaurants, etc), certain specific procedures have to be followed in most Arab/Islamic countries. As an example, over here in the UAE, you're not allowed to slaughter an animal for food by stabbing or electrocuting it because that would make it suffer more.
Old June 14, 2010, 11:24:25 AM
Servine

Quote:
It is quite funny in my opinion. How humans are animals and when we're eaten by another animal like a Wolf, Bear, Lion, Tiger, etc... people start going balistic. Yet, when we attack those same animals and eat them, people feel it is alright?
its not much of survival if you let your own species get eaten and not care.
Old June 14, 2010, 11:31:57 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandflapjack View Post
its not much of survival if you let your own species get eaten and not care.
That isn't what I was saying at all. I expect the same species no matter what they are to go ballistic. But still...

Everyone acts like it is surprising or unexpected to hear about a Lion, Tiger, or Bear eat a human. Why be shocked? We eat them so it is only EXPECTED for them to give us the same treatment.
Old June 14, 2010, 11:57:20 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Everyone acts like it is surprising or unexpected to hear about a Lion, Tiger, or Bear eat a human. Why be shocked? We eat them so it is only EXPECTED for them to give us the same treatment.
Well, I'm guessing they become shocked about the person's death, not about the animal's attack.

Last edited by Shadow; June 14, 2010 at 11:59:51 AM.
Old June 14, 2010, 12:08:14 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Well, I'm guessing they become shocked about the person's death, not about the animal's attack.
Shocked because the person was killed by another animal?

I mean, usually when an animal attacks, it attacks to kill.

Whether it is hungry and wants food or feels threatened.

Last edited by Neo Pikachu; June 14, 2010 at 12:09:11 PM.
Old June 14, 2010, 12:46:56 PM
Servine

well, humans arent really on a lion's diet plan.
Old June 14, 2010, 12:57:45 PM
Regigigas

We shouldn't eat animals.How would we feel if animals eat US?
Animals are friend,not food...
Old June 16, 2010, 12:46:10 PM
Volcarona

I think eating animals is fine, as long as they aren't alive when you eat them. Make sure they are dead first, and make sure they died as quickly as possible.
That being said, I can't stand to eat anything that even looks like it came off of an animal (like stake--you can see the individual muscle fibers, tendons, fat tissue, etc). Ground beef is pretty much my limit, though bacon and fried chicken don't seem to bother me for some reason.
Old June 20, 2010, 07:26:24 AM
Kyurem

In the words of Mufasa:

"The antelope eat the grass, and we eat the antelope. When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass. So you see, we are all connected...in the great circle of life."

So no, I don't think eating animals is necessarily bad, as it provides some nutrients that vegetable can't. Plus the Mighty Tsutaaja says they taste awesome!
Old July 12, 2010, 04:24:12 AM
Giratina

That said, it's in our body chemistry to eat meat. It's how we get much of our needed nutrients.
Old July 29, 2010, 06:27:59 PM
Keldeo

yes we are the "Highest" on the food chain.
Old July 29, 2010, 09:09:13 PM
Zoroark

I think we should not eat meat, because the main problem is that how animals are killed.
We should progressively change our eating styles and food supplies, for example, more humane killings of animals, or even, combining plant and animal genes to create beef-growing plants.
Old July 29, 2010, 10:08:16 PM
Haxorus

As a Native American, I can claim to have actually ran up to a hooved animal and stabbing it in the neck before it ran off. I ate this beast when it bled to death.

We need meat to live. Without it, we degenerate into whiny liberals who drive Prius' and buy Macbooks.

I'll take a quad-stacker, plz.
Old July 29, 2010, 10:51:08 PM
Charizard

I guess so otherwise we wouldn't have any meat
Old July 30, 2010, 12:15:24 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz View Post

That said, it's in our body chemistry to eat meat. It's how we get much of our needed nutrients.
Even so, those nutrients can come from other sources, so there's nothing wrong with vegetarianism and veganism. I suppose in the past meat was essentially required for many because suitable substitutes weren't readily available to them, but people can avoid eating meat nowadays.
I suppose I enjoy italic text. And also I just said 'nowadays'. I need some sleep.
Old July 30, 2010, 04:03:25 AM
Volcarona

I don't 100% like the idea, but then again, like Jad said "Survival of the fittest". I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by Charizard98; July 30, 2010 at 04:03:43 AM.
Old July 30, 2010, 06:30:44 AM
Landorus

It's the CIRRRRRRRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE, and other animals eat other animals, how we get our nutrients is by eating other life forms. It's a bit gruesome, but It's how this crazy world of ours works.
Old August 5, 2010, 06:12:57 PM
Haxorus

To survive yes, without protein you would be completely nothing, (I know your come-back will be "Meat isn't the only thing that give's you protein", ok yes your right about that, but still eating plant's.....that would be outrageous (it's over 9000!!!!!) XD

Last edited by Turtwig; August 5, 2010 at 06:13:21 PM.
Old August 5, 2010, 10:04:31 PM
Haxorus

Plants are delicious only when served to the side of a ham steak or teriyaki chicken. Hell, I don't touch veggies unless it's with meat first. :l

I live on bacon, ham, and chicken. Everything else is just side-dishes.
Old August 6, 2010, 08:38:32 AM
Landorus

"I came across a vegetarian one day, and he said to me, 'why do you eat helpless animals? What have they ever done to you?' Well, I told him this. 'You ever heard of Global Warming? Well, do you know what It's caused by? Cows. Cows Fart and let methane gas into the air which eats away at the ozone layer and making the earth warmer. And the only thing countering this is oxygen let off by plants, so look at this, remember those Polar bears? Well I'm eating what's killing them, and you're eating what's saving them.'"

-- Carlos Mencia
Old August 18, 2010, 12:40:47 AM
Volcarona

I like the idea that I am eating something that was alive at one point in time, and is now dead JUST so I can eat something. They are like... bad models, which must be recycled into humans. We are the process of elimination for them, and if they die, for us to gain food, then that is there purpose, to live, and die again.
Old October 25, 2010, 11:22:57 PM
Servine

No matter what lifestyle choice you make these days, you almost invariably support a company, product, or service which was created at the expense of animals' lives. You would likely have to live an Amish lifestyle in order to achieve some semblance of this position of not killing animals, and even then this isn't exactly true since being Amish doesn't preclude you from eating meat.

So yes, an Amish vegetarian who eats nothing but celery or something. That's what your future looks like for you.

Of course, then what about plants? They're living things too, so we shouldn't harm them either right? The logical extreme leads one to say that the only way to prevent your causing harm to any other living thing is to just kill yourself.
Old November 20, 2010, 06:08:17 PM
Giratina

Mm, lemme jump in on this.

My belief is that God put animals on the earth to be eaten, both by animals and by humans. There isn't a problem with eating them. You probably eat them when you don't notice. We were pretty much made to eat them. And, where would we get protien and other essential nutrients without meat?
Old November 23, 2010, 10:02:58 AM
Zoroark

We are thieves by nature, as are all non-producers. We cannot syntethize our own organic compounds, so we have to steal them from other lifeforms, be they plants or animals. The act of stealing these compounds kills said lifeform. Failing to partake in this activity results in starvation and death. I don't believe it's our place to argue what we are, and I believe that if we have four sharp teeth in our mouth, they're there for a reason. I also don't believe man-made morality of recent centuries has any say to a pace set by nature for hundreds of millions of years.
Old April 20, 2011, 12:29:08 AM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searinox View Post
We are thieves by nature, as are all non-producers. We cannot syntethize our own organic compounds, so we have to steal them from other lifeforms, be they plants or animals.
That's right.
I always have liked plants. The colors, the textures...and I like eating them, so much. I'm not a fan of most meats, but I do like fish and seafood, but that's all (actually I could eat a fried scorpion whenever I visit China). But that's not because of my sympathy or pity for animals, because if I had that for animals, I should have that for plants. We need to eat to live, and you eat what you like. If you like the taste of animals, eat them. It's that simple.

Last edited by Pflanze; April 20, 2011 at 12:30:35 AM.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:49:24 PM
Linoone

I think we as omnivores, should hunt. Just like other meat eating animals hunt. As for hunting for sport though, I wouldn't do it. If you kill it, eat it.
Old May 22, 2011, 05:13:52 AM
Charizard

As long as you don't waste the whole thing (ie, either taxidermy or whatnot), I'm okay with it.
Old June 26, 2011, 10:31:00 AM
Zoroark

We need meat. I'm perfectly fine with people who kill animals and sell the food or eat it themselves. I haven't got the heart to do it myself, but I do love meat, so I just eat it without thinking of what it is. it's not that I think it's acceptable, per say, but I do know that it's pretty necessary. I'd love to be a vegetarian, but if I couldn't have bacon, or chicken, or burgers, I don't know what I'd do.

Hunting for game, however, is just pitiful and morally reprehensible in every way I can think of. Would you want someone to shoot your father, stuff his head, and hang it over their fireplace? Absolutely not! Killing animals is no different than killing humans in my eyes.
Old June 26, 2011, 04:52:40 PM
Joltik

They would do it to us given the opportunity (in fact they sometimes do). Hunt to survive is what animals do, even humans. It's the circle of life. I feel as long as the hunting is humane ( as long as it's an instant death no suffering) its fine.
Old July 2, 2011, 07:44:14 PM
Regigigas

Hunting as a sport is utterly deplorable to me; regardless of the acknowledge one gets from their peers, taking a life for the sake of such a thing is unforgivable. Even though we have superior intellectual abilities, other animals`lives are worth just as much as ours. I understand that human carnivorous consumption results in hunting, but hunting occurs between animals regardless. I`m not saying I`m really for hunting, even so-humans can survive as vegetarians. But at the very least, hunting should be kept to an absolute minimum, only enough to support our species. Though, vegetarianism could in fact benefit the entire planet. Human beings, having such a great ability for higher thinking, disrupt the flow of predation. We`re the biggest predators on earth, and with the constantly increasing number of human beings, our hunting activity will eventually disrupt the food chains of many other species. Vegetarianism seems inevitable, at some point.
Old July 3, 2011, 07:47:04 AM
Linoone

Pretty much what everybody else has said.. I only agree with hunting if it's for food/clothing/survival/etc.
Hunting just for sport, or any other equally stupid reason is just.. stupid.
Old July 6, 2011, 08:42:59 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
Now, in the perfect world, humans would be vegetarians and couldn't even imagine eating another creature
I already disagree. I think the whole reason some animals are here are to eat. I think hunting is totally acceptable. We have always eaten meat, and it's worked out well so far, hasn't it?
Another thing is our canine teeth. God (or whomever you believe in) gave us canine teeth for a reason. And if you believe in evolution, we have evolved with these teeth for a reason.
Old July 7, 2011, 10:03:04 AM
Landorus

Hunting is fine. However, misusing the privelige to hunt isn't okay. I mean, you can't just go shoot somthing and leave it. You take it and you eat it. You don't kill for sport. You kill to eat. You don't kill endangered animals. You leave them be so their are hopes of repopulation, and some day, not be endangered. You only hunt animals to eat their meat, (referring to a deer here) not take the antlers and leave the rest. So if you really don't misuse the privellege of hunting, it's okay
Old July 7, 2011, 11:47:22 AM
Floatzel

I think taking the antlers/head/what have you is fine, as long as you still eat the rest.
Old July 9, 2011, 12:09:32 AM
Zoroark

Society has become so detached that we no longer identify meat for what it is. It was once another living thing. Living things will kill other living things. Not everything will kill simply for food, many animals do it for sport. That's nature and we are not above it. The problem is that humans are extremely good at killing things to the point we need limits.

Hunting and gathering is what built up our civilization until agriculture and animal husbandry were introduced. Is it sad that something may die? Perhaps, but it will happen whether or not humans were around. Many predators will kill another creature for the fun it and not for sustenance. This is not the point, however. The fact this is being debated shows that civilization can find killing for fun deplorable and this sets us aside from other species. My viewpoint is neutral on the issue of hunting for sport.

If one is hunting their own meal, is it a very primal experience. They are aware another life was taken so theirs could eat. There is little difference between going to the grocery for beef or shooting deer, short of the methods obtaining it.

Last edited by hinorashi; July 9, 2011 at 12:10:39 AM.
Old July 19, 2011, 01:06:53 PM
Giratina

Hunting debate has been merged with this one due to similar subject material.
Old July 23, 2011, 09:43:33 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
I already disagree. I think the whole reason some animals are here are to eat. I think hunting is totally acceptable. We have always eaten meat, and it's worked out well so far, hasn't it?
Another thing is our canine teeth. God (or whomever you believe in) gave us canine teeth for a reason. And if you believe in evolution, we have evolved with these teeth for a reason.
Evolutionary adaptations are developed in order to better suit the organism to it's lifestyle. An organism's lifestyle, however, is determined by it's environment, biological requirements, and preference, in terms of predation, anyway. Given that humans are very much sentient organisms, their preference can easily be ignored if they're willing to be less self-indulgent. Humans can also obtain all six essential nutrients without consuming other animals, through supplements, etc., and finally, humans live in developed environments, typically, and as a result have a large selection of food to choose from, so large that they do not need to rely on meat in order to sustain themselves. Additionally, it doesn't mean something is acceptable simply it has "always worked out". If cannibalism, as a wide-spread lifestyle choice among humans, "always worked out", it would be simply a matter of time before it doesn't work out, due to intraspecific competition leaving the species more prone to interspecific competition loss, or in other words, more prone to predation by other animal species. Consuming animals in such a large scale, as we currently do, already disrupts various food chains globally, despite the efforts of activists to introduce countermeasures. And that's only one problem with wide-spread hunting such as what occurs now.
Old July 24, 2011, 09:06:57 PM
Giratina

Duh.. But not dogs or someother animals, cuz that is ****ed up.
Old July 25, 2011, 03:28:00 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
Duh.. But not dogs or someother animals, cuz that is ****ed up.
How so? It's all the same in the end, isn't it?
Old July 25, 2011, 03:36:42 AM
Giratina

Yes, but thats just messed up, and I agree with my cousin. I don't think I would like to eat my pet..
Old July 27, 2011, 05:59:37 PM
Zoroark

Eating a wild dog isn't the same as eating your pet, though.
Old July 27, 2011, 06:58:34 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemoneinstein View Post
Eating a wild dog isn't the same as eating your pet, though.
You can eat wild animals, but no pets. thats just wrong so may ways.
Old July 27, 2011, 08:59:02 PM
Giratina

I'm talking about like, the animals that you would have for house pets. Dogs,Cats, etc.
Old July 27, 2011, 09:33:36 PM
Shaymin

So we're on the hunting debate?

Livestock. Problem, 2nd Amendment? (Really the only thing allowing hunting for sport is the 2nd Amendment which is why most hunters are Republicans. [/blatantfallacizedgeneralization)
Old July 27, 2011, 10:38:57 PM
Kyurem

I'm more on the side of eat any wild animal. Protect our domesticated animals.
Old July 28, 2011, 03:55:03 AM
Giratina

Exactly. Just protect the animals that you would keep as a pet. But honestly, I hate hunting, but I would eat hunted food, just not if I saw it being hunted.
Old July 28, 2011, 04:15:32 AM
Giratina

I'd prefer eating domesticated animals, really. At least then I know what's been fed to them and how healthy they are. But I don't want meat from a cow who's been wading in her own manure most of her life, I want free range.

Also here's an unserious comment but so did lite and he's an admin so I guess it's ok: If God didn't want us eating meat, why did he make it so delicious?
Old July 28, 2011, 09:00:53 AM
Zoroark

"If sugar is bad for you, how come Jesus made it taste so good?"

Phantom, are you talking about domesticated animals, or is it more of a species-by-species thing? Plenty of people keep fish as pets, but plenty of people eat fish.
Old July 28, 2011, 09:18:31 AM
Giratina

Like the species that you would keep as pets. Like would you eat A goldfish? I wouldnt.
Old July 28, 2011, 01:41:41 PM
Kyurem

Like I would eat anything. But if I look at my pet it doesn't look like it would be my main course. Have common sense you wouldn't eat your friend. Your pet is your friend.
Old July 29, 2011, 12:10:34 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle102 View Post
Like I would eat anything. But if I look at my pet it doesn't look like it would be my main course. Have common sense you wouldn't eat your friend. Your pet is your friend.
Exactly.You don't eat your pal. That is disgusting

Fun fact: people keep pigs as pets
Old July 31, 2011, 06:29:47 AM
Zoroark

Fun fact: People eat dogs, cats, guinea pigs, rabbits, etc.
Old July 31, 2011, 06:53:24 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemoneinstein View Post
Fun fact: People eat dogs, cats, guinea pigs, rabbits, etc.
Ik that, but I would never eat any of those.

EDIT: Emphasis on I

Last edited by PHANTOMxTRAINER; July 31, 2011 at 06:53:40 AM.
Old July 31, 2011, 07:13:31 AM
Giratina

I probably would. Meat is meat. I wouldn't eat MY dog, since it's my friend, but I would eat a dog I've never met before. (P.S. I don't have a dog this is hypothetical)

I wouldn't even mind eating a human if it wasn't considered a one-way ticket to Hell.
Old July 31, 2011, 05:06:55 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
Ik that, but I would never eat any of those.

EDIT: Emphasis on I
I would never do it, either. Not willingly, at least. But I'm sure they have their unique tastes, and I don't have any disrespect or contempt for the people who do. (It is mostly a cultural thing, anyway)

Eating a human... That's pushing it. For me, that is.
Old August 4, 2011, 02:11:57 AM
Mudkip

Default My Personal Opinion.

Eating meat has always been around and unless every carnivorous creature evolves in such a way that they only need plants or fruit to survive then there isn't much that can be done. However, you still need to eat what you can to survive which can sometimes even mean turning to another source of food that natures not intended. This can be seen in other species (rare or otherwise).

Personally, I have no trouble with it as long as the animal is humanely killed with good reason. Good reason meaning that it can actually feed something and isn't just for fun and waste. For example when I die, I want my body to go to science or donors. For an animal, if the body is eaten or put to some use other than a heartbreaking trophy then fair enough. The only time I get sorely annoyed is if the animal is hunted to near extinction.
Old August 4, 2011, 08:48:28 PM
Giratina

Sometimes, i think animals should eat us... We eat them, so yeah.
Old August 4, 2011, 09:30:12 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz View Post
I wouldn't even mind eating a human if it wasn't considered a one-way ticket to Hell.
Note to self: never ever ever ever ever meet up with Jared IRL.

Uh, yeah. But it's not always so black and white with the hunting debate. On one hand, other animals in the wild constantly kill animals that are considered lower on the food chain then they are, and since humans are highest on the food chain, shouldn't that give us free roam?

But on the other hand, there's the whole animal rights thing.

Now don't get me wrong, I obviously would never advocate animal abuse - but I have nothing wrong with humans killing animals as a food source, simply because that's what every other carnivore/omnivore on earth does to get by. Regardless of how intelligent they are. I don't however support people just going around killing things because they think it's fun. :V That doesn't exactly translate in nature, except maybe as psychopathy?
Old August 11, 2011, 05:40:47 PM
Charizard

Eating animals is a part of nature. Now this does not mean I agree with killing them for sport. I believe that (and this is just something my dad taught me) if you are going to kill something, you are going to eat it.