Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 30, 2009, 04:40:01 PM
Haxorus

Default My Interview with Serebii

From http://pokezam.com

Quote:
My first time talking to Serebii I remember it was in 2004 when I was strolling on the internet looking for directions on my Pokemon Crystal but now 5 years later he still the most popular Pokemon webmaster on the web. Here is my interview.

Nightwing: Is this really Serebii?

Serebii: It sure is.

Nightwing: Can I interview for http://pokezam.com

Serebii: Sure.

Nightwing: What inspired you into becoming a webmaster?

Serebii: It was originally just something to do during lunchtimes at school. As time progressed, the site progressed and I became more involved in it. My knowledge of computers and programming languages spurred myself to continue even in dire times.

Nightwing: Awesome, when did you get into Pokemon?

Serebii: In 1999 just before it came here. A friend brought a game back from America and I liked it so much I imported it.

Nightwing: How long do you think Serebii.net will last? That was the first Pokemon site I've ever been to back in 2003-2004.

Serebii: I honestly don't know. There have been numerous points where I've wanted to pack it in, especially when things go very very wrong. There was even a point this year where I thought the end was night, but everything bounced back. I can see myself doing it for a while. While I still have the free time (which unfortunately dwindles each year), and while I still want to keep my coding skills fresh.

Nightwing: Well, I hope you continue on with your good work but other than Serebii, I always wanted to know what you like to do besides Serebii and Pokemon.

Serebii: Well I'm always out with my friends doing the usual stuff, going out clubbing and everything. I'm partial to Sci-Fi on TV and film and I play other games like Zelda, Mario and many more.

Nightwing: Ah, well let me close this interview since you’re probably busy. But thanks again for letting me do this. But I have one favor to ask you would you ever battle me on Wi-Fi lol?

Serebii: I don’t have Wi-Fi lol.

Nightwing: Oh darn. Us two battling on Wi-Fi will be the ultimate Pokemon Battle! I'll be waiting for my challenge until you get Wi-Fi! Remember me LOL! But, alright thanks for the interview.

Serebii: Nothing is impossible lol.
Old November 30, 2009, 04:42:24 PM
Administrator

Default Re: My Interview with Serebii

It's not often that I see conversation about Serebii off of his site that isn't about Pokémon news. It's great that you managed to get ahold of him.
Old November 30, 2009, 04:43:58 PM
Haxorus

Yeah, too bad he doesn't have Wi-Fi. I wanted to battle him
Old November 30, 2009, 04:55:29 PM
Rayquaza

To be honest I didn't learn anything new about this.
Old November 30, 2009, 04:59:34 PM
Haxorus

Well he did say that there was times that he wanted to shut down Serebii.net.
Old November 30, 2009, 07:32:57 PM
Zoroark

He's done it for soooo long though. I still remember first going to it for the third generation with Ruby and Sapphire.

What I want to know is how old is he? He sounds like he has a strong personal life, but what else about him can we learn?

This guy (and the people in the background who write episode summaries) are always just moving along with new information every 2-3 days. It's amazing really.
Old December 1, 2009, 06:14:28 AM
Giratina

Funny how I always send messages to Serebii asking about something or the other, and I never get a reply.

Congratulations on the interview, though.
Old December 1, 2009, 02:00:04 PM
Giratina

It's amazing how much their standards have improved. If you go to the R/B/Y pages, there's hardly anything compared to the HG/SS coverage (Though there was a walkthrough... with loads of missing pages!).
I hope they keep doing what they do for as long as possible! (and then possibly team up with Game Freak? It's a possibility!)
Old December 1, 2009, 02:20:34 PM
Volcarona

Kudos on your interview with Serebii. It is something that doesn't happen for many people often.

I must say, Serebii is definitely one of the most accurate Pokemon Sites on the internet right now. Not including the Official Pokemon Website, xD...