Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 21, 2010, 05:38:53 PM
Regigigas

Post Do you bash other things/series/cookies/etc?

I guess everyone would bash something. I noticed a hate thread on Twilight, and was thinking, "What if they did that to us?"

I dislike it, but I (try) not to bash it.
We are guilty of the same.
Old January 21, 2010, 07:46:10 PM
Shaymin

Now, see, if I hate on something, I do so with reasons behind my words so that way it doesn't seem like uncivilized unfiltered BS. So yes, I do bash other series. But I do so with PURPOSE!!

And I do so with reason to make sure that I don't seem hypocritical defending one thing while flaming another. I guess in that sense it's not flaming so much as disliking something strongly.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:37:32 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
Now, see, if I hate on something, I do so with reasons behind my words so that way it doesn't seem like uncivilized unfiltered BS. So yes, I do bash other series. But I do so with PURPOSE!!
This~!

No one acts without reason. No one truly dislikes something just because they can. Twilight has alot of reasons to be hated (Not only the movie, but the book is poorly written as well), but I suppose to bring it up without it being called for would be rude. However I think people make these bash threads, because debating is pointless. Someone who stands strongly behind what they think will not change there minds, so they bash others knowing they can not hinder there preferences, and only state there own.
Old January 25, 2010, 06:41:29 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post

No one acts without reason. No one truly dislikes something just because they can. Twilight has alot of reasons to be hated (Not only the movie, but the book is poorly written as well), but I suppose to bring it up without it being called for would be rude. However I think people make these bash threads, because debating is pointless. Someone who stands strongly behind what they think will not change there minds, so they bash others knowing they can not hinder there preferences, and only state there own.
I like the way you think man, seriously.

About that, I don't know any facts on Twilight. I just don't like it kause it's not my style. Lol. Vampires are lame IMO.
Old January 26, 2010, 08:26:04 AM
Giratina

This thread was originally about bashing things, not discussing how bad Twilight is.

Anyways, I usually bash a movie/series when I really hate it, and have enough facts to support my opinion. HOWEVER, I try not to do so in front of someone who likes what I'm bashing so that he/she doesn't get offended.

Last edited by Shadow; January 26, 2010 at 08:26:36 AM.
Old January 30, 2010, 12:53:14 PM
Volcarona

I do bash things, but only when I don't believe they were created for a reason other than the love of creating them or they're just way too popular and they're overshadowing things that should be getting more attention. I don't have anything against people who like these things (I know too many people who listen to recent money "hip hop" but I don't hate them for it and I don't whine about it to them), but I at least try to have good reasons (not "picachew is the devil") for disliking them. In a debate, you can't convince the other side that they're wrong, but you can demonstrate to them the reason for your thinking and to those who don't feel strongly either way. I think it's fair to bash something when at least you give valid reasons for doing so. Debating over these things is pointless, but expressing your opinion isn't.

And about the hate thread on Twilight, there may very well be a Pokémon hate thread on a Twilight forum.

Last edited by piexing; January 30, 2010 at 12:55:47 PM.
Old January 30, 2010, 01:19:29 PM
Kyurem

I often bash people who bash the bash shell. (This really isn't a joke.)

I also bash people who bash Linux, who bash Windows Vista/7 but not XP, and people who bash Perl.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; January 30, 2010 at 01:20:03 PM. Reason: Grammar Correction
Old February 4, 2010, 07:32:30 AM
Floatzel

I bash Twilight but I have good reason to do so.
It ruined Vampires for me and the only reason it had any success is because they picked a good looking actor to play the man guy who appeals to stupid emos (both the males and females)
Old February 4, 2010, 11:26:33 AM
Rayquaza

I bash YuGiOh and World of Warcraft or any game like that.
Old February 9, 2010, 01:07:24 PM
Mudkip

I Bash:
Twilight, FFVII lovers, Yu-Gi-Oh card players, Anime haters, Dynasty Warriors haters, FFXI, HALO lovers, MMO'ers.

I use to bash:
High end gamers, PS3 owners, FFXIII

Last edited by masterzhangcaosun; February 9, 2010 at 01:10:12 PM. Reason: Forgot one
Old February 13, 2010, 07:53:35 AM
Regigigas

I used to bash Halo. Now months later I have an xbox sitting in my room.
Old March 6, 2010, 07:38:40 PM
Mudkip

I don't like using the term "bash" because of its connotations, but I'm pretty critical of everything, including things I also happen to really like. Enough that I don't care to make a list.

But when I pick things apart, I often try to think of how it could be done better, which sometimes leads to interesting ideas.
Old March 7, 2010, 12:44:24 AM
Cyndaquil

No,I am generally an open minded person. Before I bash something I look into it and give it thorough analysis. However I lack the desire to really look into many things so I cannot say if i dislike it or not.
Old March 14, 2010, 05:59:08 AM
Shaymin

Only If they have a reason to be bashed. Usually I just let it slide along.
Old March 30, 2010, 12:04:05 PM
Haxorus

If people have different opinions than me, I don't bash them. If I don't like something, I don't bash it. I accept the fact I don't like it and move on.

I am a very open minded person (like mysteriousxatu). Even if other people's opinions differ from mine, I still accept them. The only time I would bash someone about their opinion is when they use BS arguments to "back up" their topic.

In some other topic, there's that one kid that says "Why do you play Pokemon? It's not like it'll give you a million dollars or something." BS reasons like that irritate me. If he used good reasons like...I don't know. I can't think of reasons to hate Pokemon. If people used good reasons to back up their opinions, I'd believe them more.
Old August 25, 2010, 01:06:23 PM
Magikarp

Well, I bash some things, but there's reason to it.For example, I just don't like Twighlight just to not like it, I just don't like it because I don't believe in vampires 'n stuff.
Old August 25, 2010, 01:26:17 PM
Landorus

I only bash fake emotional music that is performed by people who don't have any musical talent but are just given a script and sing in a pretty digitally enhanced voice; you know, the popular stuff.
Old August 25, 2010, 01:37:21 PM
Giratina

Yeah, I bash stuff. I'm a generic Sony-Hater, I bash all the stuff after the PS1 that they made. And I bash people who bash retro games. Just because they're old. IDJITS.
Old August 25, 2010, 01:53:45 PM
Volcarona

I only bash, like Idno said, "popular" music. They get so much credit, when they really don't deserve it. Justin-who-must-not-be-named(lol harry potter refrence) dosen't even right his own songs! Yet he gets more fangirls than anyone! That's pretty much all I have to say.
Old August 25, 2010, 03:14:49 PM
Landorus

I also hate prettyboys. Except for Marth and Ike, because they deserve their praise.
Old August 25, 2010, 09:51:14 PM
Joltik

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpymcgoat View Post
I bash Twilight but I have good reason to do so.
It ruined Vampires for me and the only reason it had any success is because they picked a good looking actor to play the man guy who appeals to stupid emos (both the males and females)
Haha, exactly. To be honest, I'm quite close-minded and bash everything I hate - Digimon (no reason besides it's too much like Pokemon and it sort of steals our thunder), Grand theft auto, and Twilight.

Too many girls like the actors. Grr.
Am I a hypocrite? Sort of. Now I don't bash the people who are into the fandom - that's mean - I just bash the franchise involved.

Edit: mind that I sigquoted? That was pretty funny ^^

Last edited by Ghastly_Gastly; August 25, 2010 at 09:56:26 PM.
Old August 25, 2010, 11:25:27 PM
Regigigas

Uh, I hate Family Guy and every other abomination to animation.
Old August 26, 2010, 06:41:57 PM
Kyurem

Eh I don't bash anything really. Let people like what they like, its really none of my concern at all. What right do I have to look down upon something that I barely know about or may not be able to appreciate? Some people may not see the merit of Competitive Pokemon, so I'm doing my part by not saying anything bad about what they like.
Old August 26, 2010, 11:28:47 PM
Linoone

I like to bash math. That's about it. Also, religion if it's one of those commenters on Youtube who start going crazy.
Old August 27, 2010, 08:05:16 AM
Landorus

I tend to bash people that bash me. Like... a certain someone on these forums...
Old August 30, 2010, 08:56:53 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tropius of Tropius View Post
I only bash, like Idno said, "popular" music. They get so much credit, when they really don't deserve it. Justin-who-must-not-be-named(lol harry potter refrence) dosen't even right his own songs! Yet he gets more fangirls than anyone! That's pretty much all I have to say.
Ditto.

I bash things that are just down-right terrible. Like music on today's radio - they are just awful. How can anyone listen to stolen music? (coughrapcough)
Old August 30, 2010, 05:06:14 PM
Landorus

Sometimes I bash people that call me gay.
Old September 1, 2010, 07:47:45 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idno58 View Post
Sometimes I bash people that call me gay.
Those kind of people just hide their insecurities by trying to claw out the non-existent insecurities in other people.

Like in Idno's example, someone calling a straight person gay.
Old September 1, 2010, 07:49:21 PM
Charizard

I bash people who bash things just so that they can bash on something.
Old September 2, 2010, 04:47:34 AM
Haxorus

I bash on hackers who hack awsome people (such as the person that hacked chuggaaconroy)
Old September 2, 2010, 06:36:27 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Trident11 View Post
(such as the person that hacked chuggaaconroy)
He didn't get hacked, he got false claims against him.
Old September 2, 2010, 06:40:55 AM
Keldeo

Some Hackers are cool, Right...
Old September 2, 2010, 06:47:41 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
He didn't get hacked, he got false claims against him.
actually the hacker hacked youtube and had him removed because the hacker said he owned his voice
Old January 3, 2011, 01:14:33 PM
Giratina

I seriously do not like and bash people who like Square Enix. i can't ever like them. Them and Sony.
I like a FEW things they make, but I can't actually LIKE them. EVER.
But I would never randomly go on the internet and just search 'em up so I can post hate threads. That's stupid and wrong.
Old May 12, 2011, 03:18:44 PM
Charizard

The only thing I really dislike is South Park, as I find the show to be more annoying than funny. I also dislike first person shooters, or any M rated game for that matter.

I used to think Power Rangers was really lame (with a few exceptions), now I think it's rather enjoyable.

I try to stay as far as possible from Twilight, I don't like it, but I don't really hate it, to me, I find the Twilight haters more annoying than the fans, I used to bash Twilight though, but that was a long time ago.

Same goes for Justin Beiber, as the hatrid for him is RIDICULOUS, seriously, a lot of people just hate him because someone told them to hate him, which is stupid. I mean really, what did Beiber do to make people hate him, NOTHING! That's what, they just hate him because some Youtube troll told everyone that they must hate Justin Beiber. I try to stay away from the Beiber hate because it's rather annoying, to the point where almost half of all Youtube videos have comments with people complaining about Justin Beiber, even the ones that have nothing to do with him have someone complaining about him, it gives me a headache. I'm not saying that I like Justin Beiber at all, I just think the hatrid for him is pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC747 View Post
Some Hackers are cool, Right...
I hope you mean ROM hackers.....

Last edited by Masterge77; May 12, 2011 at 03:27:33 PM.