Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 13, 2011, 12:21:06 PM
Mudkip

Default Hacked Shiny Spiritomb distributed at San Jose Mall Tour Stop

Quote:
A hacked Spiritomb is being distributed at the Oakridge Mall in San Jose at the BW Mall Tour. Fans are advised to release this Pokémon if received due to the nature of the event. The Spiritomb is a level 50 Shiny Pokémon with the ability Wonder Guard and the moves Shadow Force, Focus Punch, Softboiled, and Safeguard, and has an OT of "PKMNInt" and the Trainer ID of 27042. The Pokémon is "caught" in a Cherish Ball, has Pokérus, and holds BlackGlasses. The hacked Spiritomb is being distributed alongside the fully legitimate Celebi.

The hacked Wonder Card consists of a message saying "Pokémon International's Surprise!" and a grammatically-incorrect description of "SPIRITOMB might be hard to hit but really packs a wallop! Its as if this Pokémon has a Wonderful shield around it that Guards against most attacks! SPIRITOMB is legit!" NOTE: This Spiritomb is not legit; the Wonder Card line is the hacker's attempt at legitimizing the event.

This hacked event is very similar to one that occurred at the Nintendo World release party for Pokémon Platinum, wherein a hacked Gengar and a hacked Eevee were distributed.

Just to clarify, this Spiritomb is NOT legitimate, and any players who has downloaded one from the tour should release it immediately.
Source: Bulbanews
Old February 13, 2011, 12:42:59 PM
Volcarona

Woah. How did this happen? Thanks for the heads up!
Old February 13, 2011, 01:26:36 PM
Regigigas

People are advised to release if it they get it? Why would they get it in the first place if they were going to release it?
Old February 13, 2011, 05:36:58 PM
Servine

"SPIRITOMB is legit!" is my favorite part of that Wonder Card, lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tropius of Tropius View Post
Woah. How did this happen? Thanks for the heads up!
The guy put his hacked creation on a distrubution cart. Usually when someone gets a hold of a distribution cart they just extract the data or use it to give themselves events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed View Post
People are advised to release if it they get it? Why would they get it in the first place if they were going to release it?
The games picked up the wireless distribution signal for the fake cart, rather than the Celebi distribution. Some people may have just assumed that they had more than one event going.
Old February 13, 2011, 11:45:58 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Generate View Post
Lol, reminds me of those ads that say "Congratulations! You are the one millionth visitor! THIS IS NOT A JOKE!! Saying it's legit just blatantly gives away the fact that it's not.

Interesting that somebody would do this. Also I wonder how many people fell for this. If it's random which of the two events the game's wifi signal would pick up, shouldn't that mean half the people who participated in the event got Wondertomb?
Old February 14, 2011, 04:37:07 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu Lapras View Post
Lol, reminds me of those ads that say "Congratulations! You are the one millionth visitor! THIS IS NOT A JOKE!! Saying it's legit just blatantly gives away the fact that it's not.

Interesting that somebody would do this. Also I wonder how many people fell for this. If it's random which of the two events the game's wifi signal would pick up, shouldn't that mean half the people who participated in the event got Wondertomb?
It probably goes for whichever signal is stronger - in a large mall (say MoA) there are probably more than one signals being sent out because each one can only go so far. People in a certain part of the mall would have also then picked up the Spiritomb signal, and if it was stronger...
Old February 14, 2011, 07:12:45 AM
Giratina

Although this is a poorly-made event (since the Wonder Card info reveals that it is hacked), people can easily fall into this trap when the signals are strong enough. I wonder, though: does this hacked event cause any corruption to the game/DS console?
Old February 15, 2011, 06:06:28 PM
Volcarona

Whoa. I'm shocked people do this kind of stuff. I get it if they do it inside their own games, but messing with the hardware like that and possibly screwing up loads of other people's data... o.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Generate View Post
That seems perfectly legit. And the fact Game Freak never put anything like that in any Wonder Cards before makes it the most legit thing in the world. [/sarcasm] xD

Last edited by LucarioMario; February 15, 2011 at 06:06:52 PM.
Old February 18, 2011, 05:29:59 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Although this is a poorly-made event (since the Wonder Card info reveals that it is hacked), people can easily fall into this trap when the signals are strong enough. I wonder, though: does this hacked event cause any corruption to the game/DS console?
I argee with you Shadow. It is probably a trick because why would Pokemon.com not know about this?