Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 14, 2011, 10:19:59 PM
Servine

Default Do you nickname your pokemon?

Any of us feel the attachment or have the humour to nickname our pokemon? Whether your nicknames are serious or just jokes, what are some of the nicknames you've given or plan to give? And what are the meanings behind them?

Myself, I nickname stuff all the time, especially my permanent party members and competitively trained guys. Some of my favorites:

Dragonair♀ - "Cielo," Italian for "heaven."
Lapras♂ - "Baten," named after the star Zeta Ceti or Baten Kaitos, Arabic for "belly of the sea monster."
Tauros♂ - "Elnath," named after Beta Tauri. Arabic for "the butting" as in with bull horns.
Arbok♂ - "Ophiuchus" after the constellation also known as Serpentarius. (I have a thing for astronomy if you can't tell. lol)
Meganium♂ - "Ailanth," after the Tree of Heaven (Ailanthus altissima) known for its aggressive growth and foul smell. A bit ironic considering he knows Aromatherapy. lol

Now for some joke ones!
Clefable♀ - "Handle it!" Named because she sponges damage. A lot. And yes the exclamation point is part of the name. =P
Samurott♂ - "Lancelott" (See what I did there?)
Excadrill♂ - "Orville" because Drilbur's name made me think of the Wright Brothers.
Miltank♀ - "Trolltank" because FRIGGIN WHITNEY dasdfasdf
Claydol - "o.-.o.-.o" ...Most appropriate name I could come up with.
Beheeyem♂ - "MindFlayer" because somehow that's the only name I can remember this pokemon by.
Old April 14, 2011, 10:56:10 PM
Regigigas

Before B/W I really never gave my Pokemon nicknames, but on my Japanese version of White I decided to try it out. I ended up spending alot of time thinking of names that were dumb as a drunk redneck with a shotgun but after an hour of thinking what I should call my starter I finally just called Mijumaru "Pablo" and went on my way.
I will say this though it's just not for me, I spent way more time thinking of names than actually playing the game, but I did grow a bond with little Pablo and ultimately sent him over to my black version to continue our journey.
Old April 15, 2011, 01:23:59 AM
Zoroark

I nickname my Pokemon, and I usually have a specific theme to follow in each of my games.
Usually though, I just name my Pokemon after my friends, mostly the usernames of my friends on forums.
Old April 15, 2011, 02:33:58 AM
Rayquaza

Please use this thread rather than creating threads of the same topic.