Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 16, 2010, 02:14:42 AM
Giratina

Default Usage of GMT time zones in the forums

After Cat333Pokémon's consent, it has been decided that members would use the GMT as the default time zone in the forums. So, from now onwards, all matches, trades, battles and tournaments are going to be arranged using the GMT time zone. This has been decided after we noticed a lot of problems/difficulties occurring due to usage of uncommon time zones.

Now, for those of you who want to convert from one GMT time zone to the other, I advise you to use this time zone converter. It's pretty easy to use, and is quite effective.

Example:
My time zone: GMT +4
My opponent's time zone: GMT -6
Difference between both time zones: 10 hours.

Therefore, 12:00 noon for me would be 2:00 PM for my opponent, and so on.

If you don't know what's the GMT time zone in your country, search for the place you live in from this list. Note that countries/places which observe Daylight-Saving Time are marked with asterisks on the list; one asterisk for places in the Northern Hemisphere, two asterisks for places in the Southern Hemisphere. People living in such countries should add an extra hour to the timing in their respective summers only.

If you're having trouble or difficulties in determining your GMT time zone, feel free to contact me or Cat333Pokémon, and we'll surely help you.