Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 9, 2010, 05:08:35 PM
Kyurem

Default Project Update

Yea... so I've been kinda innactive lately but I am starting to work on my projects again. Here is the list and the approximate finish dates of each:
  • VictoryDex: Generation Five Pokémon (High Priority; Should be Finished Late-October or Early-November)
  • VictoryBattles RC1 (Medium Priority; Should be Finished Late-November)
  • VRGL Badge System Final (Low Priority; Should be Finished Late-October)
  • Crystal Islands Version 2 (Low Priority; Second Beta Mid-November)

I will update the status of each of these in this thread. Indeed, I am starting work on the VRGL Badge System right after I post this.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; October 22, 2010 at 12:41:20 PM.
Old October 9, 2010, 05:24:24 PM
Kyurem

What is the Badge System going to be like?
Old October 10, 2010, 05:36:34 AM
Rayquaza

At last you started! XD

I started to lose hope recently...
Anyway, good luck with your work.
Old October 10, 2010, 05:38:53 AM
Giratina

Thanks a lot for the clarification, FW. I'm sure you'll come up with something amazing for the gym badges.

Last edited by Shadow; October 10, 2010 at 05:39:10 AM.
Old October 16, 2010, 02:33:20 PM
Kyurem

VRGL Badge System Beta 1 out. Expect final in a week or two, which will hopefully add a better badge case display, the ability for admins to revoke badges, and links from the UserCP and Community Tab.

http://www.victoryroad.net/misc.php?do=badges

Last edited by FreezeWarp; October 16, 2010 at 02:33:45 PM.
Old October 16, 2010, 03:31:42 PM
Keldeo

That's nice that people can now have Badges and prove that they have them other than claims.
Old October 16, 2010, 04:06:50 PM
Administrator

Ooh, very nice progress, Freeze! *thumbs up*
Old October 16, 2010, 05:19:02 PM
Kyurem

I have an question can you view other members gym badge. If a gym is no more do you still have the badge (it doesn't matter for me.)
Old October 19, 2010, 02:18:01 PM
Kyurem

I have finished the signature mod minus cross-browser testing. If it works, you should find that you can hide/show signatures on a per-user basis and it will be remembered for all pages you visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotblast64 View Post
I have an question can you view other members gym badge. If a gym is no more do you still have the badge (it doesn't matter for me.)
I'm currently working on the former - it will appear in the profile community tab and in the postbit beside the trophies.

Also, if a gym is gone, you /could/ keep the badge, but it will ultimately be Shadow's choosing.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; October 19, 2010 at 02:19:35 PM. Reason: Mergin'
Old October 19, 2010, 06:08:41 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
I have finished the signature mod minus cross-browser testing. If it works, you should find that you can hide/show signatures on a per-user basis and it will be remembered for all pages you visit.

I'm currently working on the former - it will appear in the profile community tab and in the postbit beside the trophies.

Also, if a gym is gone, you /could/ keep the badge, but it will ultimately be Shadow's choosing.
So what you mean is when this is all done, the people who has beaten the Gym Leaders might have to beat them again?
Old October 19, 2010, 06:18:34 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
So what you mean is when this is all done, the people who has beaten the Gym Leaders might have to beat them again?
Well, it'll be a different leader, and possibly a different badge. Actually, it would /have/ to be a different badge with the way things are implemented. That was the idea - there could be some old badges that people would still have if a gym leader resigned.
Old October 19, 2010, 06:26:28 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Well, it'll be a different leader, and possibly a different badge. Actually, it would /have/ to be a different badge with the way things are implemented. That was the idea - there could be some old badges that people would still have if a gym leader resigned.
That would be nice that if Users still had their old Badges, but some of the Leaders Resigned and Different Leaders came in with a different badges.

I mean Basically this could overall make people later on have about 60 badges as an average.
Old October 19, 2010, 09:40:35 PM
Administrator

Yes, I definitely agree that even after a leader resigns, people who defeated that leader should still keep the badges. I don't see any problem with a user accumulating several dozen badges; it just shows they are good at battling.
Old October 20, 2010, 03:46:40 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Yes, I definitely agree that even after a leader resigns, people who defeated that leader should still keep the badges. I don't see any problem with a user accumulating several dozen badges; it just shows they are good at battling.
This reminds me of the instances in the game where in one version, there's one gym leader, and in the next or a later version, there's another.

Ex: Ruby/Sapphire- Wallace; Emerald- Juan
Old October 20, 2010, 10:58:33 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
No. Any person who already defeated a particular gym leader will get the badges when the page is released. This MAY be subject to change, but I highly doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I would happily accept that, but then it would be confusing to know which are the gym badges used by the current gym leaders.
Old October 20, 2010, 12:02:57 PM
Administrator

Hm, maybe Freeze could separate the badges between old and current?

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 20, 2010 at 12:03:07 PM.
Old October 20, 2010, 12:22:50 PM
Giratina

Idea: Maybe all the old badges that people won become greyscale, so that people know what's current (Coloured) and what's old (Grey). All the badges right now have at least some colour in them.
Old October 20, 2010, 12:37:38 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Idea: Maybe all the old badges that people won become greyscale, so that people know what's current (Coloured) and what's old (Grey). All the badges right now have at least some colour in them.
I was thinking basically the same thing. Also, the fact that old badges`ll count now means I`ll have one extra badge But in regards to the badges, sure, they`re nice as trophies, but the requirement for "conquering" the Gym League is the defeat all 10 Gym Leaders. If I use myself as an example, I currently have 2 badges (I was so close with Kazam xD), and had defeated Jad prior to him resigning. Even if I get to keep the badge (Jad`s), will it go towards completing the Gym League challenge, or is it strictly defeating all current Gym Leaders? I don`t really have a problem either way, battling Gym Leaders usually makes me stronger, I was just wondering whether it would be required for me to defeat TRDRS upon this new "revision" on keeping older badges.

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; October 20, 2010 at 12:39:16 PM.
Old October 20, 2010, 01:31:08 PM
Giratina

Right now I don't think you really can "win" then Gym League challenge.. It's sorta-just a thing to do. But if there is some kind of was of "winning", then I'd like it if it was just a 10-badge limit, any badge. But I juts see it as something to do, like trying to collect as many as you can.
Old October 20, 2010, 03:12:49 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Right now I don't think you really can "win" then Gym League challenge.. It's sorta-just a thing to do. But if there is some kind of was of "winning", then I'd like it if it was just a 10-badge limit, any badge. But I juts see it as something to do, like trying to collect as many as you can.
Winning for me would basically just be defeating all the Gym Leaders. By that point, I should be really strong, I get better with each Gym Leader I battle.
Old October 21, 2010, 08:03:01 AM
Giratina

Quote:
I really like this idea! Maybe FreezeWarp can implement it in the next beta or something? It's all up to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post
I was thinking basically the same thing. Also, the fact that old badges`ll count now means I`ll have one extra badge But in regards to the badges, sure, they`re nice as trophies, but the requirement for "conquering" the Gym League is the defeat all 10 Gym Leaders. If I use myself as an example, I currently have 2 badges (I was so close with Kazam xD), and had defeated Jad prior to him resigning. Even if I get to keep the badge (Jad`s), will it go towards completing the Gym League challenge, or is it strictly defeating all current Gym Leaders? I don`t really have a problem either way, battling Gym Leaders usually makes me stronger, I was just wondering whether it would be required for me to defeat TRDRS upon this new "revision" on keeping older badges.
Hmm... I think you need to collect the badges of the current 10 gym leaders to 'conquer' the Gym League. In spite of that, having a larger number of badges will only mean that you're a stronger battler, which is always a welcome recognition in my opinion.

Last edited by Shadow; October 21, 2010 at 08:03:49 AM.
Old October 21, 2010, 12:09:46 PM
Kyurem

I like the badge system but it doesn't have all the badge that everybody. Freeze all you need to is to look on the gym league and contact gym leaders. Formers and the ones now. Does a gym leader get there badge?

Last edited by Aquablast; October 21, 2010 at 12:10:40 PM.
Old October 21, 2010, 12:42:01 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
I like the badge system but it doesn't have all the badge that everybody. Freeze all you need to is to look on the gym league and contact gym leaders. Formers and the ones now. Does a gym leader get there badge?
Er... I'm really not the one to talk to for that; Shadow, Spirit, Sunny, and Kaz give out the badges and Ningamer makes them
Old October 21, 2010, 12:51:21 PM
Kyurem

I will PM you some of the winners I can find and you can update or the other.
Old October 21, 2010, 12:56:29 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
I will PM you some of the winners I can find and you can update or the other.
We have all the gyms archived, Hotblast. If we need info about winners we can just use those threads as a reference.
Old October 21, 2010, 09:57:26 PM
Celebi

I could change the badges too gray style. So, it's JADs and Pikaluvs that need graystyling?
Old October 21, 2010, 10:29:55 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotomGuy View Post
I could change the badges too gray style. So, it's JADs and Pikaluvs that need graystyling?
Hmm... maybe we can start the gray-scaling from the current badges? Like, if any of the current 10 gym leaders drops, then their badge will be made in gray-scale. I think this is the best idea, but I'll be consulting the other GL staff about this later on just to make sure.

Last edited by Shadow; October 21, 2010 at 10:31:01 PM.
Old October 21, 2010, 10:47:12 PM
Giratina

I do still have all the old badges that I made for when there were 17 gyms if you'd like them, by the way.
Old October 21, 2010, 11:06:45 PM
Giratina

Quote:
I do still have all the old badges that I made for when there were 17 gyms if you'd like them, by the way.
If we do need them, I'll make sure to contact you.

(I didn't notice this quote before my previous post)
Quote:
I have just finished giving away all the gym badges for all the winners.

Last edited by Shadow; October 21, 2010 at 11:07:42 PM.
Old October 22, 2010, 05:07:01 AM
Kyurem

I have another question does the gym leaders get there gym badge? I was checking around but I saw some people didn't have there badges. Ningamer- Volcano and Blues- Cirrus Badge. I don't know if there is more or not.

Last edited by Aquablast; October 22, 2010 at 05:13:16 AM.
Old October 22, 2010, 05:48:50 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
I have another question does the gym leaders get there gym badge? I was checking around but I saw some people didn't have there badges. Ningamer- Volcano and Blues- Cirrus Badge. I don't know if there is more or not.
Since a gym leaders owns his won badge, he has it no matter what. A gym leader can show his own badge if he, later on, wants to show that he defeated all the gyms.
Old October 22, 2010, 11:02:26 AM
Banned

Who good but what Shadow said I think you have to be a gym leader
Old October 22, 2010, 12:35:27 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Mind sending those to me gray-scaled? I could at least implement them so a VRGL staff can assign them on a rainy day if they want.

As for the VRGL, you can now view a user's badges in their community tab of their profile. I'll be making it possibly to list badges in the postbit as well, but this hasn't quite worked out perfectly yet. Hopefully soon.

---

Meanwhile, CIR2 Beta 1 has now been released. Its changes include:
  • Javascript Style Switcher
  • Full-Width View
  • Changed Drop-Down Menus
  • Larger Font with Prettier Font-Family

Current bugs include:
  • é displays sorta poorly.

And the next features will be:
  • VictoryBattles and VictoryDex Integration and Login
  • Ideally Better Forum Integration (demoed with DP/Pt/HGSS)
Old October 22, 2010, 12:54:32 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Mind sending those to me gray-scaled? I could at least implement them so a VRGL staff can assign them on a rainy day if they want.

Well, like I said, I think we're going to start implementing the gray-scaling idea starting from the current gym leaders. I'm only saying that so you don't have to do extra work, but it's okay with me as long as they don't appear in the drop-down list, too.

As for the VRGL, you can now view a user's badges in their community tab of their profile. I'll be making it possibly to list badges in the postbit as well, but this hasn't quite worked out perfectly yet. Hopefully soon.

I just checked this, and it's looking great!
Comments in bold. I really cannot express my thanks for dedicating your effort and time to do all this...

Last edited by Shadow; October 22, 2010 at 12:55:13 PM.
Old October 22, 2010, 02:19:07 PM
Kyurem

I still see some people that don't have their badges. Blues- Cirrus Badge, Ningamer and TRDS Volcano. There maybe more. Shadow I PM you all the winners of the gym so you would have a list.

Does the former leaders or the winners of the former gym get there badges?
Old October 22, 2010, 02:49:29 PM
Giratina

I'm pretty sure this is all of them, and I'm not sure if they've been used or not.
Bug
Dark
Dragon
Ghost
Grass
Ground
Poison
Ice
Rock
Old October 22, 2010, 05:57:14 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this is all of them, and I'm not sure if they've been used or not.
Bug
Dark
Dragon
Ghost
Grass
Ground
Poison
Ice
Rock
They look good. Better names would be nice, but eh

(I'll try to add them for the next release, anyway.)
Old October 22, 2010, 06:02:07 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
They look good. Better names would be nice, but eh

(I'll try to add them for the next release, anyway.)
You can find the names in the respective gyms in the gym archive sub-forum, same with winners/losers of said badges.
Old October 23, 2010, 02:38:46 AM
Giratina

Also, I noticed that Spirit's badge got slightly cut off (That was a fail on my part, the image is even saved to my computer like that .-.). So here it is without being cut off (Still 32x32 though)
Old October 23, 2010, 05:23:04 AM
Celebi

Two Grass type badges?

Anyway, they look great! Now I just need to get some badges! ANyway, did Freeze say something about getting them in my badge case later on?
Old October 23, 2010, 07:54:19 AM
Kyurem

There is also two rock badges.

I am going to talk to the former gym leaders for badges name.
Old October 23, 2010, 08:24:08 AM
Giratina

Quote:
I still see some people that don't have their badges. Blues- Cirrus Badge, Ningamer and TRDS Volcano. There maybe more. Shadow I PM you all the winners of the gym so you would have a list.
I didn't see those names mentioned in the gym threads, so that's why I didn't give them the badges. I'll double check just in case, though.

Quote:

Dragon
Ice
Note to FreezeWarp: Those are the only ones which need to be added.

Quote:
I am going to talk to the former gym leaders for badges name.
Dragon: Oblivion Badge
Ice: Ice Shard Badge

Also, the GL staff are there for a reason, you know.

Last edited by Shadow; October 23, 2010 at 08:25:29 AM.
Old October 23, 2010, 08:26:49 AM
Regigigas

Well, Hotblast was asking about my old badge. It was tentatively named the "Fissure Badge", though, if I ever do get my position back, I`ll probably ask for a re-design in some way.
Old October 23, 2010, 08:27:19 AM
Kyurem

I saw Blues in Alakazamaster but Mag don't post the winners in his gym. I saw in Nin and TRDS signature the Volcano Badge.

I want to help the GL.

dark- gem badge
grass- flora badge
bug- bug badge

Last edited by Aquablast; October 23, 2010 at 10:07:31 AM.