Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 15, 2011, 12:30:52 PM
Servine

Default Question about the Battle Tower?

I haven't tried it yet due to lack of time, but how many battles can you do in it before it ends, is it like Emerald and Platinum where you can go all the way to 100? What do you get for finishing? [Mind you, I haven't battled in a Tower in about several months, so my memory is a little iffy.]
Old January 15, 2011, 03:08:17 PM
Giratina

The Battle Frontier in HG/SS is the same as the one in Platinum, other than a few price differences.
Old January 15, 2011, 03:28:50 PM
Kyurem

The Battle Tower never ends in either Platinum or HG/SS (not sure about Emerald.) There are people who get in the thousands, because their teams are so flawlessly made.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; January 15, 2011 at 03:29:04 PM.
Old January 15, 2011, 03:52:27 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
The Battle Tower never ends in either Platinum or HG/SS (not sure about Emerald.) There are people who get in the thousands, because their teams are so flawlessly made.
I'm guessing many of these people "flawlessly made" their team with the use of the Arceus-powered Action Replay?
Old January 17, 2011, 12:34:51 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
I'm guessing many of these people "flawlessly made" their team with the use of the Arceus-powered Action Replay?
Haha I dunno about that, the teams really are not too complex. : P

Lead with something that has a Choice Scarf and knows Trick, along with other moves like Flash, Thunder Wave, or Charm. At that point, there are a few different Pokemon people use...

Drapion: Acupressure, Crunch, Substitute, Rest. With Battle Armor saving you from crits, there is no hax to worry about.

Registeel: Curse, Substitute, Amnesia, Iron Head. A slower, but more bulky Drapion in a way.

Garchomp: Substitute, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Outrage. A more sweepish approach, rather than a slow, conservative method.

The current record stands at 2366, the last time I checked.
Old January 30, 2011, 03:07:56 PM
Zoroark

I've yet to really scope the surface on the Battle Frontier in HG, did a bit of Battle Arcade out of boredom but I've been holding out until I've raised up a dozen or so Lv. 50's first.

Farthest I ever got doing Battle Tower was way back when I had Ruby, with 52 wins straight.