Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old April 13, 2012, 09:28:34 PM
Regigigas

Default Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Trailer Released

A new trailer for Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 has been released, beginning with what may very well be a portion of the games' intro, and showcasing gameplay as well as new areas and characters. The trailer may be viewed below:

Old April 13, 2012, 09:47:42 PM
Volcarona

Ahh glad you got this up Aura, I was unable to do anything due to a storm in my area. This post is a mess so I'll seperate it into rather long and still slightly messy bulletins to hopeeefully make it a little easier. But anyways, there is much to see in this trailer!
  • Even right off the bat we see White/Black Kyurem will have 3D models in the game for cutscens muccch like Zekrom and Reshiram did in Black and White versions, you see this more obviously and clearly near the end of the trailer.
  • As much as I wish I could translate Japanese, I cannot tell wht the Police are saying or if it pertains to anything relating to the evil Team Antagonists that will be expected in this game, but we note the presence of a team of police men obviously looking or on the hunt for something or someone most likely.
  • Next appears what I thought to be at first an equivalent of the Battle Frontier but it features the new professor-like person and a pokeball with a crown on it... maybe it's a competition? Not sure really.
  • Now around 0:54 I notice a girl in a red outfit and a sort of dramatic high-res sprite head-shot of some mechanical creature/device thing... the first thought that comes to my mind is if this relates to the Antagonists at all.
  • Well then the scene that follows this makes me pretty sure that there is indeed some sort of inevitable return of the Battle Frontier feature... which I'm rather pleased to see.
  • Otherwise the only other thing I got out of it was the other inevitable change of the hud display which is now a sleeker looking black, looks good!

Last edited by LugiaDialga; April 14, 2012 at 11:04:10 AM.
Old April 13, 2012, 10:11:34 PM
Regigigas

I also found that scene with the mechanical-looking creature and the person dressed in the peculiar outfit rather intriguing. I'm a bit iffy translating Japanese from writing, dialogue is fine though. Cat may be up for it and attempt to at some time or another if he's not too busy, wouldn't be able to say.
Also, the "new professor" hasn't ever been stated to replace Prof. Juniper/Araragi Hakase, instead he's simply described as being an individual who is "researching the strength of Pokemon". Given that he was appearing in front of a large audience it would suggest his work is well-known and he has somewhat of a celebrity status. It also appears that in one of the scenes in the trailer the male player is walking up to his stage with lights switching on as they walk forward. I didn't notice the Battle Frontier aspects right away, but now that you mention it I'm even more excited to see if Pokemon Sunday will bring any more new footage with that and more.
Also sorry to hear about that storm :O
Also at 1:15, a standard female opponent trainer is seen having an animated sprite, suggesting that all characters may have animated sprites in this game, as opposed to simply N, Bianca, and Cheren, or none at all.

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; April 13, 2012 at 10:21:00 PM.
Old April 14, 2012, 02:54:58 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post
Also at 1:15, a standard female opponent trainer is seen having an animated sprite, suggesting that all characters may have animated sprites in this game, as opposed to simply N, Bianca, and Cheren, or none at all.
If a standard trainer has it, everyone should have it. Everything would be consistent I wonder whether it'll get old somehow, though.
Old April 14, 2012, 05:00:23 AM
Giratina

Well my phone has crappy quality but I could make out some of the images.. Absol and pelliper? Guess they are part of the 300 pkmn! Also shows that double wild battles/trainer battles are present again.. Well can't wait till June 23rd! I might just get the Japanese version because I simply can't wait!! I'll probably post again when I watch it on a laptop
Old April 14, 2012, 07:56:44 AM
Joltik

I think that the girl and mechanical thing is a movie. The girl is a superhero who is battling a giant robot. The movie theater is probably the mysterious red and blue building.

Mysterious Red and Blue Building