Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Music and Audio

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 12, 2012, 07:03:09 AM
Magikarp

Default I wanna start making remixes - Where do I start?

I'm a big fan of Sonicwave1000 and PokeRemixStudio, and I want to make remixes that have a similar style to their songs, something upbeat, fast paced and with tons of drums. I can't really describe how it's played, but it sounded really awesome. How can I say this? Their songs have the same melody, but it doesn't sound exactly like the original song.

I want to get started, but I don't know where. The thing is...I'm an idiot. I want to start but I have no knowledge of anything. I have no experience with the basics, or FL studio. I don't know the first thing about making a song.

I want to make songs that are upbeat and strong. I want to make guitar and metal remixes as well, but I don't play guitar.

Does anyone know how I can get started? Where to find tutorials? What programs I need besides FL studio?

Guys, try to keep this newbie friendly, so I can understand you.

Last edited by Cynthetik; July 12, 2012 at 07:54:03 AM.
Old July 12, 2012, 11:35:59 AM
Administrator

I'd suggest, if you don't already know much about it, getting started in learning the basics of music, such as note types, time signatures, and various symbols you'd see in a typical sheet. It helps a lot when you just can't get things right.
Old July 13, 2012, 06:35:40 AM
Magikarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I'd suggest, if you don't already know much about it, getting started in learning the basics of music, such as note types, time signatures, and various symbols you'd see in a typical sheet. It helps a lot when you just can't get things right.
Do you mean the things like whole notes, half notes, and quarter notes? If so, I definitely know this. I just never knew that it was essential to creating remixes, and thought that there was more to it than just basic music theory.
Old July 29, 2012, 10:11:28 AM
Haxorus

I have some experience with FL Studio, so I might be able to help.

First, you need to have some knowledge of music theory.

Then, when you think you've gathered enough knowledge of music theory, try and mess around with some of the VST plugins you have and come up with a melody that sounds nice to you. You can use any one you like, whether it be Slayer, Sytrus, Toxic Biohazard, etc. Overlay a few sounds on top of one another, utilizing whatever you can on the Master Channel.

If you're looking for a good guitar synthesizer, check out and learn the secrets behind RealGuitar and RealStrat (both of which you have to buy). A nice amplifier would be Hardcore, or Native Instruments Guitar Rig. I'm not sure how to find a good free one. With that setup, all you need is FL Studio.

It takes some time to get it down, and making original music from time to time usually helps.

I'm not that good, by the way.

Last edited by GTP_NickSkyline; August 28, 2012 at 07:18:27 PM.
Old July 29, 2012, 10:44:10 AM
Shaymin

Hahaha! It is really funny you ask. In a few days (about) there is going to be a remix school! Yup, here on VR we are going to open a remix school for everyone! But if you cant wait, you can always some of our more experienced peoples like LugiaDialga, and PRS.
Old August 10, 2012, 06:57:02 PM
Haxorus

http://victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10372

Here's the remix school.