Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 1, 2012, 09:53:18 PM
Keldeo

Default Borderlands + Borderlands 2

Since there was no topic for this and I believing this will be a game that gets a lot of attention.

I had gotten into Borderlands thankst to KingofKYA, I was skeptic at first but found I started to grow found of the diffrent drawing style not to mention the wacky charaters and the enviorment that they exist in.

Borderlands 2 is coming out on Sept 18th and its a game that I'm really looking forward too.

It has teh normal disk and two collector edtions that are also going to be launched, I personally didn't think Borderlands was this popular, the preorders for both the Vault Hunters and Ultimate Loot chest edition.

Both sold out in a week after they were announced and the chest went out in 3 days. in only three days didn't realize or think that Borderlands was that popular.

Those who do preorder will get access to the Premiere Borderlands clube which comes with a lot of extras, special guns, key to a special chest and freee access to a new class as soon as it comes out.

There is plans for 4 DLC which will be realased soon after which all 4 can be bought for the price of three which I think is pretty good.

Anyone else interested or looking for to this games launch?
Who all play Borderlands on VR?
Old September 1, 2012, 09:56:18 PM
Administrator

I blame you for getting me into it. The first one is quite a fun game. I've only just started playing in July on occasion, but I do plan on playing Borderlands 2 as well.
Old September 1, 2012, 10:05:57 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMan View Post
I personally didn't think Borderlands was this popular, the preorders for both the Vault Hunters and Ultimate Loot chest edition
I don't think it was at the time of release, but eventually word spread about it being awesome and more people bought it and bought it and now it's got a decently sized fanbase.

Bought the game in about the middle of January 2011 and tried running it, but my little ol' laptop didn't stand a chance with it because the PC port is so poorly optimized. Then I forgot about it and didn't really mess with it for a few months, (a few driver updates) but once I did I've been hooked ever since. The game's sense of humor is just absolutely perfect and all the randomized stuff keeps you interested, even to make me finish a playthrough 2 on my main soldier character. Though I have not mustered up the courage to try and beat Crawmerax, mostly because it takes so long to drive to him so doing repeat runs is not exactly fun.

Anyway, absolutely cannot wait for BL2, and though I think it really deserves the publicity it's getting, I still deep down wish it was one of those games that only the cool kids knew about. Though that's mostly because I don't want the multitude of gameplay videos and trailers spoiling the game for me at all though an hour or so of gameplay would be so fun to watch. Oh and i'm only getting the regular edition because I know the special preorder bonuses would just sit in my room and collect dust even if a real life Markus bobblehead would be sweet. And i'm also gonna hopefully play the whole story co-op with at least one of my friends, though the two I know that will be getting the game might not have computers capable of running the game very well currently. Either way i'll still be playing through midnight and the morning of the 18th.
P.P.S. BL1 is my 3rd most played game on Steam at 283.7 hours.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; September 2, 2012 at 04:08:44 PM.
Old September 2, 2012, 12:21:26 AM
Keldeo

Yeah I'm about the same spot with my Hunter charater, I've tried to beat crewaks and then got my butt kicked haven't gone back again, got it on the 360 again. Been playing it on my own and a character with a freind, its a lot of fun want to do that 4 person lan when I get a chance.

I'm gonna get the regular edition as that is the only option I have, oh well maybe it can get it later, no problems game is more important. Should be a ton of fun.
Old September 2, 2012, 12:30:55 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Yeah I'm about the same spot with my Hunter charater, I've tried to beat crewaks and then got my butt kicked haven't gone back again, got it on the 360 again. Been playing it on my own and a character with a freind, its a lot of fun want to do that 4 person lan when I get a chance.
Same. I'd do it with friends but it'd require massive coordination and I think one of them lost their saves so they don't have a 60+ character and i'm pretty sure the other one is only 3/4th of the way through her 2nd playthrough so she's obviously not high enough level yet. I'd play through again with the other classes to pass the time, but their abilities don't interest me too much, at least not enough to pour a bunch of time into the game for a third/fourth/fifth time just yet. However, if BL2 is as good as it should be I hope to start with Axton and beat his playthrough 2(or whatever they call it this time around) then go through a single playthrough with Zer0, Salvador, Maya, and the Mechromancer each, most likely in that order.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; September 2, 2012 at 12:33:27 AM.
Old September 3, 2012, 12:40:47 AM
Keldeo

I'll either be the new soilder class so to speak or zero I haven't decided whether I'm gonna try to support or do my own thing but still be helpful to the group. I'm playing through it for the second time on my own on the xbox 360 so I can certainly can understand that, borderlands 2 certainly looks sweet.
Old September 4, 2012, 09:14:05 PM
Administrator

I just beat the final boss yesterday, and I still have a huge desire to keep playing, unlike some--especially console--games where I lose a lot of interest after beating the boss.
Old September 5, 2012, 12:20:03 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I just beat the final boss yesterday, and I still have a huge desire to keep playing, unlike some--especially console--games where I lose a lot of interest after beating the boss.
Final boss Crawermax or final boss at the Vault?
Old September 5, 2012, 05:33:21 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
Final boss Crawermax or final boss at the Vault?
He beat the Vault boss and not Crewmax who he hasn't even seen yet, I've tried a couple times on the character on the compupter and got my butt well kicekd, the little crabs really do make it harder then it really needs to be.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4663512746697
Also found this video on the Borderlands Facebook, the video shows some of the new stuff that is around pandora, not to mention I just preordered it today so I will be getting it.

Last edited by GreenMan; September 5, 2012 at 05:36:35 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
Old September 5, 2012, 08:26:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4663512746697
Also found this video on the Borderlands Facebook, the video shows some of the new stuff that is around pandora, not to mention I just preordered it today so I will be getting it.
Quote:
This content is currently unavailable.

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Old September 5, 2012, 09:34:55 PM
Keldeo

I'll try to see if I can figure out how to lept the people here be able see it if not I blame Facebook.
Old September 6, 2012, 11:40:49 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
He beat the Vault boss and not Crewmax who he hasn't even seen yet, I've tried a couple times on the character on the compupter and got my butt well kicekd, the little crabs really do make it harder then it really needs to be.
Ah. Well, if you want more BL before BL2, I would strongly suggest picking up Dr. Ned, General Knoxx, and Claptrap's Robot Revolution. Dr. Ned is a big parody on zombie games/movies considering there were so many coming out in '09 and still are, General Knoxx has a ton of pretty boring driving, but aside from that it's the best DLC out of the bunch in my opinion, and Claptrap's Robot Revolution is a very close second. There's also Moxxi's Underdome Riot, but that's a wave-based arena(as if there aren't enough out there) and is pretty much exclusively suited for co-op.

Also 11 days left.

And here's the trailer Green posted:
Old September 6, 2012, 11:51:23 PM
Administrator

I've been working on the Claptrap, Knoxx, and Moxxi DLC since defeating the Vault boss. I haven't played Dr. Ned yet.

The Claptrap and Moxxi ones definitely can get tedious if you're going for completion, though, especially with 100 straight waves in Moxxi (excluding getting knocked back for dying). From what I gather, the Dr. Ned one requires collecting a lot of brains, which can also get tedious.
Old September 6, 2012, 11:57:36 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
I've been working on the Claptrap, Knoxx, and Moxxi DLC since defeating the Vault boss. I haven't played Dr. Ned yet.

The Claptrap and Moxxi ones definitely can get tedious if you're going for completion, though, especially with 100 straight waves in Moxxi (excluding getting knocked back for dying). From what I gather, the Dr. Ned one requires collecting a lot of brains, which can also get tedious.
Yeah, Claptrap isn't too bad though, at least not after the first few missions from Tannis. Her missions are the only grind heavy ones as far as I recall. Moxxi I do not have the patience for, though I have beaten a round or two. And Dr. Ned does not require brains except for like, one mission which expands into 3 or 4 but nets you an achievement at the end. And even that's not necessary unless like you said, you're going for full completion.
Old September 7, 2012, 03:21:58 AM
Keldeo

Thanks for finding the Trailer JAD, pain in the neck that I couldn't find the vid anywhere (got lazy frankly and busy)

Yeah I have to agree Dr. Zed, Claptrap, and Moxii and Knox are tied for last becuase they both sadly are pretty tedious to get through and I don't and didn't mind the collecting to much.
Old September 7, 2012, 11:52:15 PM
Keldeo

Hey want to mess with the Skill trees and see how you want to build your character here you go. The thing is pretty good and gives me an idea of what I'm gonna do, gonna do two runs with Zero becuase there are two trees that intrest me sadly.

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/#characters
Old September 8, 2012, 10:57:34 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Hey want to mess with the Skill trees and see how you want to build your character here you go. The thing is pretty good and gives me an idea of what I'm gonna do, gonna do two runs with Zero becuase there are two trees that intrest me sadly.

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/#characters
I'd look at it because I don't think skills are exactly spoiler-heavy considering you can look at them the second the game starts, but i'd rather wait to look in-game and decide what to do every time I get a point rather than go in having my skills planned out from the get go.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; September 8, 2012 at 10:58:01 AM.
Old September 8, 2012, 11:55:50 AM
Keldeo

Yeha I can understand that but for me havIng an idea o which ones I want means I spend less time enjoying the menus and actually get into the game, which is really what I want to be able to do.
Old September 8, 2012, 12:02:57 PM
Administrator

This game is kind of the opposite of BW2. I've been avoiding spoilers for BW2 so I can be surprised, but with Borderlands 2, I rather want to do some research before I start so I don't pick a character with mostly skills I won't use or make achievement hunting later on hard.
Old September 8, 2012, 06:52:51 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
This game is kind of the opposite of BW2. I've been avoiding spoilers for BW2 so I can be surprised, but with Borderlands 2, I rather want to do some research before I start so I don't pick a character with mostly skills I won't use or make achievement hunting later on hard.
That makes sense but I probably will play through with every character like I said at least once so it doesn't matter as much to me. :> Plus you can always reset your skills for a price.
Old September 8, 2012, 07:30:14 PM
Administrator

Oh, of course I'll pick every character, but I do want to make the first run count, as that's often the most memorable run for me, and that's often the one I play through towards completion.
Old September 9, 2012, 11:33:06 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
That makes sense but I probably will play through with every character like I said at least once so it doesn't matter as much to me. :> Plus you can always reset your skills for a price.
Yea only one problem with that, depending on how well you want to play and lets say you want to play the character where you complete all of their trees, you'd have to play three times. I know Me myself will play through with Zer0 at least twice because of the tree''s he has and the play styles I like.
Old September 14, 2012, 11:37:34 AM
Keldeo

More information and some talking from the creators of the game, if you don't want spoiler on what the skill trees are do not watch any of the videos and probably don't even read or click on the link.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/...lands-2-review

I personally found it cool that someone from the Gearbox company sat down and talk about the diffrent trees, what skills they thought they would have problems with and what each tree helps to support.
Old September 14, 2012, 12:04:18 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
More information and some talking from the creators of the game, if you don't want spoiler on what the skill trees are do not watch any of the videos and probably don't even read or click on the link.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/...lands-2-review

I personally found it cool that someone from the Gearbox company sat down and talk about the diffrent trees, what skills they thought they would have problems with and what each tree helps to support.
I just wish that the game came out tomorrow or something, no need to have it release on Tuesday when it's in stores now and people can preload it on Steam.
Old September 19, 2012, 01:10:17 AM
Administrator

Played it for six hours straight co-op with GreenMan.

Old September 19, 2012, 10:17:51 PM
Administrator

I win. My car floats. This happened when I accidentally drove off a cliff but didn't fall all the way down.

Edit: Now with a video:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Floating vehicle.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	3859  

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 20, 2012 at 12:25:14 AM.
Old September 23, 2012, 06:38:28 PM
Giratina

I rather enjoyed the gameplay and art style of Borderlands, but what really kind of made me not want to play it was the amount of required fetch-quests in the game. Other than the repetitive-ness for padding (I'm assuming that's what its goal was), it was a fun game to play, especially with friends.

If I had $60 to cough up and a group of friends to play with ( ), I might consider getting Borderlands 2... unless there's still a bunch of required fetch-quests.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; September 23, 2012 at 06:38:49 PM.
Old September 24, 2012, 06:51:25 PM
Keldeo

Speaking directly to commenters in a Q&A session over at Kotaku, Pitchford addressed everything from questions about the Borderlands 2 design process to the possibility of Borderlands 3 (FYI: There are no concrete plans yet); however, a good portion of the discussion centered around DLC add-ons.

Just a clipit of the link I provided so make sure to check it out, borderlands 2 will be crazy.

http://gamerant.com/borderlands-2-dl...-new-vehicles/
Old September 25, 2012, 08:29:43 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
I win. My car floats. This happened when I accidentally drove off a cliff but didn't fall all the way down.

Edit: Now with a video:
what a hacker.
also dat FOV. it hurts. but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
unless there's still a bunch of required fetch-quests.
it's an RPG, of course there are some fetch quests. but if by required, you mean story, then no there are not, the story missions are the best missions in the game, generally. however, if you only play the story missions back to back you'll probably have a big challenge(not that that's a bad thing) because you might not have the extra money, guns, and EXP you'd get via doing the optional missions, plus the game will be a bit shorter.

Anyways, I've already beaten the game once as Axton and oh my god this is one of my top 10 if not top 5 games of all time. It is too much damn fun. The game can be so funny or I can be having a blast taking out enemies yet still an hour later i'll be sitting there distraught about something Handsome Jack did. But soon enough after that i'll be having a blast still. And Handsome Jack isn't only cruel, he's got some of the funniest dialogue in the game as well. I've started a new playthrough with Zer0 to catch up with a friend but her computer isn't too great for now so i'm probably gonna just be doing a couple missions with her but 3/4 of them on my own for Zer0. Then, when her motherboard comes back from RMA and she can finish building her computer, I can use either Zer0 or Axton and do playthrough 2 mostly co-op with her, hopefully. That should be interesting. Which should be a tough choice, because I love playing with both. Zer0 is pretty interesting though. When I first started him I thought i'd be going straight to the Sniping tree because I liked sniping with Axton, but the skills there force you to sit back out of the action, which, 1) this game isn't built for and 2) I love running into the action. So i'm instead going with his Cunning tree, which is great for running in, throwing out a decoy, running past all the enemies, then turning around and getting a huge damage headshot with big added bonuses from Ambush(do more damage to enemies not focusing on you or damage to their back). Also, i'm pretty sure i've found more Oranges with Zer0 than I did with Axton(not that that's much, i've maybe found three).
That was probably pretty rambly.
Old November 2, 2012, 10:03:12 PM
Keldeo

Celebrate good times come on.

Seems that Borderlands 2 was a great hit. Considering how much time the world has spent playing it.

http://www.examiner.com/article/2k-g...rs-of-playtime
Old November 2, 2012, 11:12:55 PM
Administrator

Dang, that's insane. I guess it's akin to how much I've played Pokémon in October.
Old November 3, 2012, 12:31:11 AM
Keldeo

Yeah very much so I'm hoping to add some hours over the weekend and finish what homework needs to be done and everything.
Old January 10, 2013, 08:02:04 PM
Keldeo

Trailer for the DLC

Seems there is a lot of news that I missed and forgot to post here for Borderlands 2. Seems we have 3 things to look forward to.

1. New DLC, the third of the series, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt (anouther reason to get back into the game) THis is said to come out on January 15th [Sweet means I can play it before college starts up.

"Players will be sent off to explore the Pandoran continent of Aegrus on a hunting trip. A new villain and self-proclaimed Handsome Jack superfan presents himself shortly after you arrive and it's not long before you're taking on an assortment of new baddies in an effort to stop him"

"The DLC adds a bunch of new loot, of the unique and Seraph varieties, a new fan boat vehicle, and a general focus on high-level play."

2. Level bump, Quarter 1 2013 look forward to this though I haven't hit the limit quite yet (got like 3 characters going so that helps)

3. Third Playthrough option (what is this going to open up and probably because of the level bump)

Source 1: http://www.2kgames.com/blog/borderla...-big-game-hunt
Source on 2: https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/281750585261322240
Old January 11, 2013, 10:38:20 AM
Keldeo

Double posting due to news, if you play today with borderlands 2 while connected to the internet you will report higher find rates for shot guns, as a gear up for the 15th when the new DLC will be coming out'

Get playing.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/commu...ear-up-weekend
Old January 12, 2013, 01:05:16 PM
Keldeo

The Prizes for playing still run abound as it becomes apparent grenade, powerful ones mind you, are out and running in the wild till the 13th when all of them will have made it to freedom.

Get playing for those powerful explosions.

Old January 13, 2013, 11:14:30 AM
Keldeo

Bump again, good to see that we are getting so much traffic here.

Long range head removing devices can be found more often for the rest of the day go and collect your new sniper rifles

Old January 14, 2013, 12:09:08 PM
Keldeo

Bump again...

Use link above to see actual info.

It would seem for those of you in True Vault hunter mood, playing with two or more people, have a better chance of getting varkids to transform into a more deadly fearson version that in its name says invicible, the drop rate for the weapon it drops is also up. So get out there and collect.
Old January 14, 2013, 02:32:35 PM
Administrator

I haven't played in a while. The game was over-hyped for me. >_<
Old January 14, 2013, 07:25:04 PM
Keldeo

What do you mean it was over hyyped?

Got to excited about it and then just really lost intrest in it for any reason?

Also looks like a Skin pack will be out for the characters of Borderlands 2, some of them I think are interesting.

What about you?

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/bo...#slide=endcard

Not sure on price I'll ckeck and update that later.
Old January 14, 2013, 07:44:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
What do you mean it was over hyyped?

Got to excited about it and then just really lost intrest in it for any reason?
Yeah, pretty much. It's a good game, but I barely touched it after the initial couple days.
Old January 14, 2013, 10:09:12 PM
Keldeo

Ah well just means that you will be able to play later or something. Still think you should get the Season pass but only if your gonna pick it up again at some point. Then it becomes really worth it for how much time you will spend to how much money you spent.
Old January 15, 2013, 11:07:42 PM
Keldeo

Bump: agian so I can talk about the new DLC

First thing I noticed about this DLC is that it's smaller then the previous two size-wise, I'lll double check and get back to you on that. Second the map is huge and would take forever to get around if you did not have a hoverboats, which are the main form of transportation for the area. I''m playing it on true Vaulthunter mood, so I'll have to comment later how it would have been on my first play through, main character is level 44 now so he is getting close to max and I'm finding some prefrences on weapons I didn't know about, true vault hunter mode means you need to pay attention to what elements do well or not so well against what targets or it's just so much harder then you will like it to be.

More onto the DLC and what I've all found out about it. So far I've found only one red chest and a ton of Claptrap totems, not sure if that's what they are actually called but they are like everywhere. The loot seems about par mostly greens and depending on what is in there will decide how many. Grenade mods there will be three, normal guns 2-3, pistols you get 4 and about three for class mods.

Now onto the enimies, pains in the rear no way about it. If you don't kill them fast enough they get stronger, more HP and hit harder. You will want to have a corrusive and a fire weapon on you all the time the number that use both is nuts. Though Torque provides pretty good coverage in one gun, plow through most of the enimies wiht my spin torque minigun, closer they get the harder it hits, accracy of 87 which isn't bad for what it is also very nice clip.

Story for DLC (that I know thus far)    

You get pulled in to go on a hunting vacation with Sir Hammerlock but your plans are interupted when a geeky Scientist keeps badgering you about why the heck your not coming out to go after him, once you do he gets really excited. On your way up you run into savages that seem to be worshiping some god, turns out to be claptrap. Who opens his big yap and getts you in trouble because you killed Jack and they don't like that. Right before this you find out the scientist wanted to reclone Jack, yea can't let that happen. All I know so far update as I progress through the story.
Old March 14, 2013, 09:57:40 AM
Keldeo

Looks like something going down in pandora, an expirment has escaped and anouther vault hunter will join the ranks (plus a level cap raise (announcement is in 10 days from what I read)

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/commu...roaches-teaser
Old March 20, 2013, 10:45:29 AM
Keldeo

(mmm this thread is getting so much attention)
Seems that 2K might be adding to the lore or borderlands thru short films created by college students and judged by Geearbox. The winners will get an internship with the company and thru the summer be able to produce and set out their short, based in the borderlands universe of course.

I'll keep you updated on what ideas have been thrown out there and how things are going in that.

Link:http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/19/410...nds-short-film
Old March 24, 2013, 12:38:16 PM
Keldeo

BEWARE:

Last edited by GreenMan; March 24, 2013 at 12:38:24 PM.
Old March 24, 2013, 10:33:18 PM
Kyurem

Im hoping to play this soon i want to get those gold chests i got passwords for.
Old April 1, 2013, 07:07:07 PM
Keldeo

Yeah I haven't used any of mine but I don't have gold so I only got the one key.
Old May 3, 2013, 10:56:20 PM
Keldeo

The Last DLC name in the Season Pack has been leaked and little is known beyond it releasing late June and the name: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/02/ne...n-dragon-keep/
Old June 7, 2013, 12:57:23 PM
Keldeo

Borderlands and ThinkGeek bring you a chance to get yourself a red chest from Borderlands. So far it's out of stock and did so in 3 hours, good part is they plan to restock and I will likely pick it up at that point in comes back in.

Link to item:http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f497/?mobile=0
Old June 7, 2013, 02:44:04 PM
Administrator

Well, there goes any reason to have pre-ordered that ultimate se--oh, would you look at that price!
Old June 7, 2013, 11:09:51 PM
Keldeo

Yeah well the Ultimate is 149 still and out of stock, I just checked on Gamestop but no where else. Though the other special edition has been knocked down to 69.99 for those who may be interested.
Old June 7, 2013, 11:19:47 PM
Regigigas

I played through Borderlands 2 with a full party and I do say this game is a lot of fun. I plan on getting a season pass for all the DLC soon, and I'm doing a second playthrough with friends on True Vault Hunter Mode!
Old June 29, 2013, 03:50:09 AM
Keldeo

Dash in my opinion the season pass is well worth it. You get all 4 DLC, I've made a single player run through and just beat the last one (which they did a great job on putting the story together blending elements from all over the IRL and bringing it into borderlands). Season pass gives you Mechromancer, +11 levels, 4 DLC (Tiny Tina, Captian Scarlet, Sir Hamerlock, and Mr. Torque). Mechromancer is a fun charcter and her action skill will tear through bandits which makes her a very nice starter character for any first timers. I do wonder how much time I've spent on this game so far, I'll have to think about it. One thing though as you get higher up the enimies do seem to get harder and you don't level up as quick witch is good or bad. I still have to finish out the Story play through two run through but that isn't to bad, also the side missions in the DLC or at least try to. Got to wait for a friend to get the one where I beat all the side missions, yay bosses.
Old June 29, 2013, 08:33:58 AM
Administrator

As long as it remains available, I may still pick it up thanks to Bing Rewards giving me a zillion points, and because I still have little to do after July 5. >_>
Old November 19, 2013, 12:12:00 PM
Administrator

For all of you folks who have been holding out on getting Borderlands 2, the game and all of its DLC are heavily discounted right now on Green Man Gaming (Steam required):
http://www.greenmangaming.com/borderlands-2/

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 19, 2013 at 12:12:07 PM.
Old November 19, 2013, 02:18:30 PM
Giratina

Quote:
For all of you folks who have been holding out on getting Borderlands 2, the game and all of its DLC are heavily discounted right now on Green Man Gaming (Steam required):
http://www.greenmangaming.com/borderlands-2/
Why is it that all the PC games get the crazy ridiculous sales and not the physical copies? If I upgraded my computer this might be possible but then I wouldn't be able to afford that $8 for another 3 years.
Old November 19, 2013, 02:48:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
Why is it that all the PC games get the crazy ridiculous sales and not the physical copies? If I upgraded my computer this might be possible but then I wouldn't be able to afford that $8 for another 3 years.
Blame the fact that they don't have to push an actual product that they already purchased and can technically have a near-unlimited number of serial numbers or DRM (Steam/Origin/Desura) keys. I doubt those stores have to take a loss on buying too many keys and only actually forward part of the transaction to them when you buy the key. When a brick-and-mortar store discounts something, they often lose money and simply want to make back some of what they already spent rather than leaving unsold products on the shelf.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 19, 2013 at 02:49:37 PM.