Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Funny/Interesting Stuff
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 6, 2008, 03:53:17 PM
Regigigas

Default Band Class

My band teacher, Mr. Carter, is the funniest band teacher I have ever had in my lifetime. And I thought it would be funny to post all of his jokes from day to day...

October 6

We are working on 'Molly on the shore', we are at a very simple part, just three of staccato triplets. We play it the first time, all of the tubas play 4 triplets, second time, they pull the same thing. Mr. Carter stomps and says, c'mon tubas, you're not freshmen anymore...

Fifth time, they do it again. At this point I feel like laughing my ass off. But them Mr. Carter does his famous triple-stomp(two stomps, then a huge jump[Very effective considering he is a very large man]). He says 'This is simple, Tubas...' ,they all nod, 'You just gotta...picture a little... triplet inside your head.' He pauses to think, 'Bring it to life', pause again, 'don't make it a little defect triplet, you gotta have it perfect right away.' 'Do you think when fetuses are in the womb the doctor says, Oh your baby currently has ten arms, but it will be born with two, no, he doesn't.'

'So you have get it PERFECT right away, understand?' They all nodded. 'Good', he said, 'now lets continue'.

Despite his convincing speech the tubas do it again. I'm scared now. Now as I mentioned he is a very large man.

This is when he makes the most evil threat a human could be capable of. 'Alright tubas you ticked me off, don't you make me come to school in a speedo'. I hear all the tubas gulp, and then they play flawlessly.

LOL!

October 7

Unfortunately no humor or strange happenings today, due to the fact that we were going to concert.
*MORE TO COME*