Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 2, 2011, 11:29:02 PM
Banned

Default FireRed and LeafGreen DS Update...

What if Nintendo were to go back one generation and remake FireRed and LeafGreen for DS, HeartGold and SoulSilver already have Kanto, Kanto's Gym Leaders and Trainers, So a DS remake for FireRed and LeafGreen would be easy, They don't even have to do much just update FRGL's music and graphics to HGSS, and they can consider this a Generation 4 game, They don't have to rename them, like how they did with Super Mario 64 for DS. It's not exactly a remake of a remake, it's just a more updated version, same storyline everything the same as FireRed and LeafGreen, one thing included all 493 Pokemon, Or Nintendo should make a game with all the regions accesible!

Last edited by Mr. Luigi Fletcher; July 10, 2011 at 07:32:31 PM.
Old July 3, 2011, 10:26:53 AM
Mudkip

I do not approve! I want Ruby/Sapphire remakes!! And if they did do that, I think they would use the style in B&W.
Old July 3, 2011, 01:19:04 PM
Kyurem

GameFreak has never really been interested in "easy" games, though, nor do most want them to be. A FR/LG remake /is/ possible... but not for a great number of years (we're at least a generation off, and even that's unlikely).
Old July 3, 2011, 08:12:34 PM
Haxorus

A remake of a remake?
Old July 5, 2011, 10:12:03 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK-9 View Post
A remake of a remake?
I don't know why I laughed as hard as I did.

I wouldn't exactly see the point of it, though. Although like most people I seem to be expecting a Ruby/Sapphire rehash next. By which point I'd hopefully have the money for it should it happen.

Heck, I already skipped Diamond/Pearl and at my current rate I'll be bypassing Black/White as well.
Old July 5, 2011, 10:46:34 AM
Landorus

Fire red and leafgreeen have very nice grafics. Making a remake would fluff it up

Last edited by 7dewott8; July 5, 2011 at 10:46:54 AM.
Old July 5, 2011, 10:53:28 AM
Administrator

Here's a crazy idea. I'd like to see them make NEW games instead of remaking everything. FR/LG/HG/SS exist mainly just so all the generations could be compatible with each-other (for those of you cool enough to still have DS phat/Lite with GBA compatibility).
Old July 8, 2011, 10:44:37 AM
Keldeo

Personally I think this is ludicrous having a remake of FR and LG so shortly, if the franchise lasts 20 years then yes I see one, along with three other regions too being put in the same game (with advancements in technology yes I see it's possible) is it needed, no, as we have FR and LG to transfer to HG and SS and in turn can get transferred to Black and White. I think we've seen the last of Kanto for about 6 more years in Japan and possibly 8 more years for the rest of the world.
Old July 8, 2011, 05:38:30 PM
Shaymin

The only reason they'd remake a game is if the previous generation becomes entirely inaccessible to current/next-gen handheld consoles with a shelf-life. The only -viable- remakes are R/S, as soon as the DS Lite is pulled off the shelves.
Old July 8, 2011, 06:14:40 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
The only reason they'd remake a game is if the previous generation becomes entirely inaccessible to current/next-gen handheld consoles with a shelf-life. The only -viable- remakes are R/S, as soon as the DS Lite is pulled off the shelves.
*cough*youneedtwodsestotransfernow*cough*
Old July 8, 2011, 06:25:18 PM
Haxorus

Even if it was twenty years from now, I don't think FRLG will get a remake. For starters, as mentioned before, it would be a remake of a remake. That's...weird.

Secondly, you say they wouldn't have to change the name of the game, like with SM64 DS. However, that was the first remake of SM64, so it's okay there.

I'm not a big fan of the idea.
Old July 10, 2011, 04:09:33 AM
Rayquaza

How about a remake of Yellow instead?
Old July 10, 2011, 06:51:53 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
Actually, that's not true. Every Pokémon from G/S was entirely obtainable in D/P before HG/SS came out, thanks to the PokéShifter, the Colosseum games, Emerald's Safari Zone, and the Sevii Islands, in addition to a few Nintendo events. While not entirely too difficult, I'm pretty sure that Nintendo is well aware that in order to complete the National Dex now, You need to beat FR/LG, R/S/E, D/P/Pt, HG/SS, and B/W. If they remake R/S, one of those games will stand out as the oldest ones: the ones you still ned a GameBoy or DS classic/lite to obtain. It's not as if Nintendo doesn't know that it's leaving the GameBoy Advance behind.

In fact, the only way I can imagine FR/LG NOT getting a remake is if they update the 3DS Virtual Console with GBA games and put them up for purchase with some sort of fear that allows those digital copies to connect to the physical copies of Gen. V.

And nobody's really mentioned that it doesn't necessarily have to be a remake of a remake. It could just be a second remake of Red/Green/Blue. I'm sure they'd include the Sevii Islands, and in theory, it would be a remake of a remake, but they don't have to call it something ridiculous, like RagingFireRed and GrowingLeafGreen.

Last edited by pokemoneinstein; July 10, 2011 at 06:53:49 AM.
Old July 11, 2011, 04:05:45 PM
Haxorus

>second red-green-blue

Wouldn't it be a third?

A.K.A a remake of the second.
Old July 12, 2011, 01:50:55 AM
Administrator

Oh please, no more Kanto. I know it's the first region, but we have seen FOUR iterations of it now, one in each generation. Unless making an all-region game, I really don't want to see them rehash the Kanto region yet again and instead either give some love to Hoenn or Sinnoh (Unova is too new), or make an entirely new game.
Old July 12, 2011, 04:44:26 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Oh please, no more Kanto. I know it's the first region, but we have seen FOUR iterations of it now, one in each generation. Unless making an all-region game, I really don't want to see them rehash the Kanto region yet again and instead either give some love to Hoenn or Sinnoh (Unova is too new), or make an entirely new game.
Game Freak has always been one for keeping with its traditions.

Theres always the regional bird (Pidgeot, Noctowl, Swellow, Starraptor, Unfezzant)
Theres always the legendary duo/trio/single
Theres always the Pikachu clone (Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga)
Theres always the rival
Theres always the fatherless protagonist (except RSE)
And stuff like that

Similarly, Kanto has been accessible in every generation till now. I doubt Game Freak is gonna be skipping on that one.

Last edited by AnathemA; July 12, 2011 at 04:44:57 AM.
Old July 12, 2011, 08:17:27 AM
Zoroark

I think for this generation they'll let you go to Kanto in the RSE remakes and the battle fronteir would be in Kanto like it was in the anime. Kanto is just too cool, you gotta admit it. They got the best pokemon.
Old July 13, 2011, 04:15:13 AM
Banned

Cat's right, there should be no more Kanto, as I've read everyone's sick of it and I'm beginning to get the same way, I don't like Hoenn too much, The only reason is the female rival she's stupid and so annoying.
Old July 13, 2011, 04:27:38 AM
Zoroark

Okay then I guess you can get all the Kantos in the RSE remakes then?
For the legendaries:
Articuno is in Shoal cave
Zapdos in in the basement place right near Mauville
Moltres is in the volcano part where you battled the team aqua/magma boss for the first time
Mewtwo is in a new location that has a broken down lab where you can find Porgon in the normal wild and Porygon2 in dust cloud patches
Mew is where it was in Emerald:ar away island
Old July 13, 2011, 12:43:40 PM
Kyurem

Kanto has just been there in every gen because it's been convenient:
-- Gold and Silver has it because GameFreak wanted Johto to branch off of Kanto. It certainly wasn't because having it there had any sort of Nostalgic value (3 years = Nostalgia?), or otherwise to milk it - it just seemed like a way to go.
-- LGFR had it because it was a remake. Makes sense...
-- HGSS has it because it was a remake of Gold and Silver. Makes sense...

If GS didn't have Kanto, it most certainly would not have been in Gen 2 or 4.

If nothing else, realize that, unlike with HGSS or FRLG or even RS2, nobody wants a second remake of FRLG so soon. Video game history shows that a second remake is by no means unlikely (look at the Dragon Quest history - the three ports of Dragon Warrior 3, or at how many people wanted a second remake of the NES Mario games for its 25th anniversary instead of mere ports). Thus, it simply ain't happening any time soon. To be frank, though, I won't be quick to rule it out in the farther off future. I might like to see it if and when Pokémon makes a more radical 3D jump.

So... Takeaway: For those who shiver at the mere possibly (Cat), it won't happen /soon/ but it could happen, and you may like it
Old July 13, 2011, 07:13:22 PM
Giratina

Well, I do know that this is a FR and LG remake thread, but i think they should keep their tredidtion on making a 3rd. You know, like Ruby and sapphire= Emerald. Diamond+Pearl=Platinum. Its a small tradition, but still would be cool. Like maybe the 3rd pokemon could be Genescect.
Old July 13, 2011, 11:43:28 PM
Volcarona

@freeze (posting from phone, too lazy to quote)

The convenience thing about Kanto is true, but meh, I like the kanto series. I'm just being really hopeful
Old July 14, 2011, 03:42:30 AM
Rayquaza

Guys this is turning in to flamewar, I have no choice but to close this thread since no one seems to care about the possibility of a return Kanto just whether it will happen.
Old July 14, 2011, 03:46:07 AM
Giratina

Your definition of a flame war is messed up.
Old July 15, 2011, 05:50:43 AM
Rayquaza

Either way I don't think anything is getting solved here.