Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Funny/Interesting Stuff
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 8, 2011, 07:23:31 PM
Volcarona

Default Be thankful for what you have

For you might lose it before you can say "ow."

It's scary now that I think about it. I almost lost my fingers when I was 3. Someone slammed the door on my fingers by accident. I had seven stitches. What if I wasn't so lucky?

It's ironic since I had a dream tonight about winning $3600 while playing Roulette. I placed all the money I had on hand ($100) on a certain red number. The ball actually landed on that number. It was nice to tell my family about my win, but it's only a dream. After watching this video, I'm starting to think a bit differently about it. Maybe it's telling me something, like how lucky I am in general. To still be in good health today, considering what could happen to me.

Kudos to the guy on the video. He wasn't so lucky. But that didn't stop him from trying. He lived through so much pain and went out of his way, as well as his family to restore something that most people take for granted. To be quite honest, I actually thought about whether I want to keep either my arms or my legs if I should lose either, as a kid.

Last edited by Armed Floatzel; August 8, 2011 at 07:28:59 PM.