Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum

Notices

Search this Thread
Old May 8, 2010, 10:30:45 PM
Charizard

I heard from a friend that there was supposed to be a storyline about the Old Chateau but they took it out since it was too scary or too long of a storyline.

It was supposed to deal with the murder of the girl or something 0_0

Apparently, if you hack and look in the game files, you can see the storyline.
Is it just another stupid rumor like Mr. Backlot's Mansion "secret rooms" or like RSE/FrLg "secret-rooms-behind-the-boxes" and stuff like that?

Oh yeah, what's with the eyes in that one room? *shudders*

Last edited by Luxray13579; May 9, 2010 at 06:03:20 AM.
Old May 9, 2010, 06:21:39 AM
Regigigas

Not too sure on the story because I can't hack.
I think the eyes are to show you when Rotom is in the TV They only move at night, I believe.
Old May 9, 2010, 07:39:33 AM
Rayquaza

The only story I know of is that Charon lived in there as a kid and brefriended Billy I mean Rotom.
Old October 18, 2010, 10:14:26 AM
Joltik

actually, i've seen some videos of two ghosts in the old chateau, a butler and a young girl. search for it on youtube or something, its probably linked to the unused storyline.
Old October 18, 2010, 02:10:19 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkmnmaster0603 View Post
I heard from a friend that there was supposed to be a storyline about the Old Chateau but they took it out since it was too scary or too long of a storyline.

It was supposed to deal with the murder of the girl or something 0_0

Apparently, if you hack and look in the game files, you can see the storyline.
Is it just another stupid rumor like Mr. Backlot's Mansion "secret rooms" or like RSE/FrLg "secret-rooms-behind-the-boxes" and stuff like that?

Oh yeah, what's with the eyes in that one room? *shudders*
I'd be curious to see if such a storyline really is in there, but I know there are some in-game hints (already talked about - the dead butler and dead girl) in there; may just be easter eggs as well.

Meanwhile, those secret rooms still kill me today. I heard you can hack in and there are actually empty rooms in there, but they serve no purpose.

Edit: I think I remember in platinum them actually detailing exactly what happened there, but I can't recall it off-hand. I believe its detailed either in books scattered throughout the house or through other NPCs. I may just be making this up, though

Last edited by FreezeWarp; October 18, 2010 at 02:11:16 PM.
Old October 18, 2010, 04:23:41 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor78 View Post
Not too sure on the story because I can't hack.
I think the eyes are to show you when Rotom is in the TV They only move at night, I believe.
No the eyes have to do with a Gengar you can get after you recieve the national dex but you have to have one of the GBA games connected to your DS.
Old October 24, 2010, 12:22:03 PM
Mudkip

There was originally a storyline for the Old Chateau, yes. But it is unable to be hacked into as it was completly wiped out before the games were sold. And also, the eyes are for Gengar, who you can get after the National Dex and with a GBA game in the bottom slot.
Old December 10, 2010, 11:28:53 AM
Joltik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
The only story I know of is that Charon lived in there as a kid and brefriended Billy I mean Rotom.
Really, are you sure? Is there anything in the game that alludes to that or do you have to hack to find out? Or is it one of those false internet rumors?

I do wish Gamefreak would have done more with the old chateau. Although if there was any gore, then of course they would have to water it down for the kiddies.

I always imagined that there could be a scenario, where in order to progress in the game, you would have to go in the old chateau, be locked in there, and then figure out how to get out. Which would be you defeating Rotom. I don't know, it would be interesting if it was a little more developed.
Old December 13, 2010, 07:35:57 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Really, are you sure? Is there anything in the game that alludes to that or do you have to hack to find out? Or is it one of those false internet rumors?

There's a journal you can find using the Secret Key (Rotom Mystery Gift event) and it details Charon's research on Rotom. This confirms that Charon met Rotom as a child.

I do wish Gamefreak would have done more with the old chateau. Although if there was any gore, then of course they would have to water it down for the kiddies.

I always imagined that there could be a scenario, where in order to progress in the game, you would have to go in the old chateau, be locked in there, and then figure out how to get out. Which would be you defeating Rotom. I don't know, it would be interesting if it was a little more developed.
Old December 16, 2010, 01:52:22 PM
Administrator

I do certainly recall seeing both human ghosts in the Old Chateau. I also remember when I found the Old Gateau item that I thought it was some really old food that had become rotten. People most likely did die inside the mansion as did Pokémon, as hinted by the overabundance of Ghastly and Haunter.
Old December 25, 2010, 10:07:03 PM
Haxorus

*shudders* Seems WAY to scary storyline for a pokemon game.
Old December 28, 2010, 09:05:12 PM
Joltik

It is a little freaky when you enter one of the rooms and you see a ghost wandering around for a few seconds, but that's not even that bad. I think they should've put a little bit more into the story, although I do love the Chateau.
Old December 31, 2010, 08:23:02 AM
Joltik

Just imagine if there was a really awesome fan story for this.
*thinks about writing and illustrating one*
Old January 2, 2011, 04:41:27 AM
Volcarona

it must be a scary story
Old January 2, 2011, 07:37:19 AM
Giratina

I was really certain that we had another thread about the Old Chateau, and I have now found it.

Anyways, here's what one of our members, Buizel456, posted in that thread. It's basically the storyline which they intended to include in the games (or at least that's what it seems) before deciding to get rid of it due to being too scary for a Pokémon game:

Storyline of the Old Chateau    
 In the Chateau, three people lived. These were the owner, the owner's daughter, and their butler. The owner was a previously renowned scientist, who had been making large strides in the fields of Pokemon research. However, when his wife died (The child's mother, obviously), the scientist, without telling his child or butler, refrigerated her dead body underneath the (now glaring) statue in the main room.

Now, the scientist devoted his time to his research, which was now focusing on creating a living Pokemon from scratch. He believed that if he could do this, he could one day revive his dead wife, who he cannot live without. The butler, who had been great friends with him, became greedy and believed that he could do so much more with the scientist's money than he was. He was second in line in the will for the fortune of the scientist, after the scientist's daughter. So he decided to poison both to acquire the house himself.

However, the girl found out about his plan. She tried to warn her dad, but he was too devoted to his research to listen. She decided to hide the antidote the servant had at the last minute, in the trash can, so she could save her father later. She used the substitute so that only her copy would be poisoned.

The butler had to eat some of the Old Gateau with the other two, since he ate with them every night. The scientist considered him a friend, more than anything. The scientist, who was on the verge of a breakthrough, took some with him into his room so he could continue working. The butler died because he could not find the antidote. When the scientist found out, he went into denial, not believing his daughter about the evil butler. He locked himself in his room for the next week, working non-stop to complete his experiments. The Butler's body was left lying in the kitchen. The police were not called. The girl tried desperately to get in, but he always shouted at her to get away. He ate nothing and drank very little.

Finally, by electrifying a blob of plasma, he finally created Rotom. Then he died. Some say it was from exhaustion, other from a heart attack or stroke. Some others even say Rotom killed him. Anyway, the girl then lost the will to live when she managed to get in the room only to find her father dead. She was found dead next to him, still clutching his shirt.

A couple weeks later, the brother of the girl's mother, Mr. Backlot came by to visit his niece. He found the three dead bodies. He had a mimic of the statue that had been made as a "memorial" to the mother (he didn't know her body was under the original). He made the trophy garden as a memorial to his niece, who loved all the Pokemon that are commonly found there. The Rotom took up residence on the T.V. and Gengars were drawn to the room with the painting, where they play tricks on visitors. The glaring statue is the mother's soul, seeking rest. The girl and the butler still show up sometimes at the mansion as ghosts. The gateau was left sitting in the lab all these years, where the poison eventually became dormant and unharmful.

Last edited by Shadow; January 2, 2011 at 07:37:51 AM.
Old January 2, 2011, 08:32:42 AM
Joltik

That was a sweet read, but I'm sure there was a diary somewhere in Platinum probably the in the secret Galactic room that explained Charon played at the mansion as a child and met Rotom so I don't see that happening at all. If I do make a story I want it to be like a Victory Road Collab thing.
Old January 2, 2011, 04:20:52 PM
Charizard

What rumors? I thought it was a fact you went there on December 23rd, 2012, you would fight a Missingno. that would permanently haunt your game.
Old January 2, 2011, 10:27:36 PM
Volcarona

Unhappy

very scary story.now i know why they didn't put in the games
Old January 3, 2011, 07:26:50 AM
Joltik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezase Master View Post
What rumors? I thought it was a fact you went there on December 23rd, 2012, you would fight a Missingno. that would permanently haunt your game.
That is by far the biggest rumor and definitely false.
Old January 3, 2011, 08:55:27 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheVenusaur View Post
That is by far the biggest rumor and definitely false.
yeah!i don't know where did you heared this but this is for sure false!!!
Old January 17, 2011, 12:43:54 PM
Kyurem

Uh guys I think he was joking, since that's the day some people think that the world is going to end. .-.
Old January 28, 2011, 01:04:45 AM
Cyndaquil

I think that the eyes in the room that has them is just a ghost that's pulling tricks on you.
Old January 28, 2011, 11:48:45 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_nuva View Post
I think that the eyes in the room that has them is just a ghost that's pulling tricks on you.
Not true. If you look at some posts directly above you, it shows that it is the gengar you can get if you have a GBA game inserted.
Old January 30, 2011, 09:47:13 PM
Cyndaquil

Quote:
Originally Posted by coteup View Post
Not true. If you look at some posts directly above you, it shows that it is the gengar you can get if you have a GBA game inserted.
My mistake. So it's a Gengar, then. Those things are pretty rare now that you said it.
Old September 3, 2011, 06:57:33 PM
Mudkip

So I guess the Old Chateu was supposed to have a darker backstory? Wow now if they did keep that story in the game I probably wouldn't play it for a while.
Old September 4, 2011, 04:31:24 PM
Volcarona

I met the little girl's ghost upstairs several times by entering the room with the purple picture with the red eyes. I also said Hi to that butler who died in the dining room. He was blind so he couldn't wave back. Meh. >_>

Anyways, here's my suggestion; What if Cheron and Rotom massacred everyone in The Old Chateau? That'd be epic. Or even better, if a Legendary Pokemon with a chainsaw came and killed everyone, except for Rotom and Cheron because those two had each others backs? That'd be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.