Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 11, 2010, 07:44:17 AM
Mudkip

Default Ideas please?

Okay. I have a friend who used to play pokemon with me but she has since mostly lost interest. The few times i've been able to get here to WANT to play she ends up stopping cause she can't figure out what she wants to do. She doesn't like the idea of trying to catch them all since she only wants the ones she likes. She only owns Diamond and has beaten the elite four. She has limited experience with pokemon as a series (only played Diamond)...so, does anyone have any suggestions that might get her more interested in playing and keep her occupied? Any ideas are appreciated.
Old June 11, 2010, 07:52:15 AM
Administrator

Well it's not always about having to catch them all. Try introducing her to something like competitive battling. If that may be to much try showing her some of the non main-series games like Stadium or Rumble.
Old June 11, 2010, 08:02:30 AM
Celebi

I have to wonder why you're forcing her to play. If she doesn't want to, don't make her.
Old June 11, 2010, 08:13:57 AM
Rayquaza

I think she needs to see other han Diamond. Try showing her HeartGold or SoulSilver, she might like them.
Old June 11, 2010, 02:04:10 PM
Mudkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Henge View Post
I have to wonder why you're forcing her to play. If she doesn't want to, don't make her.
I'm not forcing her. I'm trying to get her to enjoy playing and want to play more.

But thank you all for the suggestions. She seemed interested in competitive battling so we'll see.
Old June 11, 2010, 03:41:33 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Aurora View Post
I'm not forcing her. I'm trying to get her to enjoy playing and want to play more.

But thank you all for the suggestions. She seemed interested in competitive battling so we'll see.
IMO that's forcing. It's not against the law to not like Pokemon. =/
Old June 11, 2010, 07:35:12 PM
Keldeo

I actually kinda agree with jason here. It seems a liiil like you're forcing it unto her. :> If she wants to start playing it again she'll gradually come back too it~! =w=
Old June 12, 2010, 04:17:12 PM
Mudkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
I actually kinda agree with jason here. It seems a liiil like you're forcing it unto her. :> If she wants to start playing it again she'll gradually come back too it~! =w=
I guess I should rephrase it then. It's not that she doesn't want to play it's that she gets urges to play it from time to time but then loses the urge cause she doesn't find anything fun to do in it.
Old June 18, 2010, 08:25:08 AM
Zoroark

Neo isn't forcing her to play. She already plays, but doesn't want to take up the goal of catching them all. She has only seen Diamond version and needs to be shown a bit more of Pokemon to see what else she would prefer to do instead of a goal that'll take time especially with 5th generation coming up.
-------------------------------
I recommend showing her Battle spin-offs/PMD/Ranger. Show her Competitive like Yoshi. I don't really know what else there is lol, I kinda forgot.
Old June 20, 2010, 12:47:51 PM
Mudkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricThePelipper View Post
Neo isn't forcing her to play. She already plays, but doesn't want to take up the goal of catching them all. She has only seen Diamond version and needs to be shown a bit more of Pokemon to see what else she would prefer to do instead of a goal that'll take time especially with 5th generation coming up.
-------------------------------
I recommend showing her Battle spin-offs/PMD/Ranger. Show her Competitive like Yoshi. I don't really know what else there is lol, I kinda forgot.
Thank you and yes I wish she'd just pick up Soul Silver and I wager she'd love it but unfortunately she's not in the position to put more money on pokemon right now so it's Diamond or nothing.
Old June 21, 2010, 02:27:12 AM
Zoroark

She could always check Blockbuster, when I was in the U.S they used to have DPPt when those were the games. Maybe they have HGSS there for you to look at.
EDIT: There is the TCG/Manga/Anime she could try out; TCG has cool art - the reason I buy it, Anime - ugh, Manga - I usually have to buy the spin-offs or loosely based manga, but go to Amazon and buy Pokemon Special *English name: Pokemon Adventure*

Last edited by EricThePelipper; June 21, 2010 at 02:28:37 AM.
Old June 21, 2010, 08:34:02 PM
Pikachu

Introduce her to IV breeding so she can breed some strong pokes for me. You can also mention the Masuda method, breeding strong and or shiny pokemon will keep anybody occupied.
Old June 22, 2010, 07:57:04 AM
Mudkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Ato View Post
Introduce her to IV breeding so she can breed some strong pokes for me. You can also mention the Masuda method, breeding strong and or shiny pokemon will keep anybody occupied.
I actually have considered it and she seemed a little interested I just need to get off my lazy butt and finish my Japanese platinum so I can get a ditto for said purposes.