Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 14, 2013, 07:59:17 PM

Smile Super Training

This is a random question, but does anyone know where to find a Dusk Stone? I currently have 6 badges, but I haven't found one yet. (putting the answer in a spoiler would be preferable)

Edit by Cat: These posts were pulled from another thread. This thread is now about Super Training.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 16, 2013 at 07:58:21 PM.
Old October 14, 2013, 08:05:43 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
This is a random question, but does anyone know where to find a Dusk Stone? I currently have 6 badges, but I haven't found one yet. (putting the answer in a spoiler would be preferable)
Well...
Spoiler    
You can get Dusk Stones by doing Secret Super Training Level 6
Old October 14, 2013, 09:16:49 PM
Giratina

I wish the manual was a little more bulky and thorough, I had to look up mini guides for Pokémon-Amie and Super Training online, which I really didn't want to do. Super Training I'm already developing a method for so as soon as I get new favorite Grass Types I'm sure getting a new team will be a breeze. Pokémon-Amie is different... I feel like I need to learn how to use it by touch...

This and House of Hades are the reasons I still have 1 gym badge
Old October 14, 2013, 10:18:20 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
Spoiler Alert:    
Terminus Cave, inbetween 7th and 8th Gym
Old October 15, 2013, 06:03:49 PM
Giratina

Someone should make a thread about it. An advanced EV training guide that goes over its specific features and the best ways to get the most out if it.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 16, 2013 at 05:41:55 PM.
Old October 15, 2013, 06:59:26 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
Someone should make a thread about it. An advanced EV training guide that goes over its specific features and the best ways to get the most out if it.
That'd be really nice.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 16, 2013 at 05:41:43 PM.
Old October 15, 2013, 10:47:28 PM
Administrator

Smile Super Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDxImpetus View Post
Well...
Spoiler    
You can get Dusk Stones by doing Secret Super Training Level 6
1.6, specifically. It's incredibly easy to get free stones in it.

Edit:
Quote:
I decided to start a guide. I'm going to need a little help, though. What bags have you guys found so far, other than stat bags, Double-Up bags, and Reset bags?

Edit 2:
I might write a full text FAQ on it if it's detailed enough. Anyone who helps will make it into the credits.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 16, 2013 at 01:32:19 AM.
Old October 16, 2013, 02:01:47 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Edit:

I decided to start a guide. I'm going to need a little help, though. What bags have you guys found so far, other than stat bags, Double-Up bags, and Reset bags?

Edit 2:
I might write a full text FAQ on it if it's detailed enough. Anyone who helps will make it into the credits.
Tap on the default, effect-less punching bag enough times to get a random punching bag. This can take as few as one hit, up to as much as 30 hits.

Stat-up bags:
Size S bags raise 1 EV and takes about 10 hits;
Size M bags raise 4 EVs and takes about 25 hits;
Size L bags raise 12 EVs and takes about 50 hits;

Soothing Bags raise Happiness (affection untested unless it's one and the same) and takes a very long time to hit (maybe 100?)
Reset Bags removes all EVs and also takes a long time to activate.

Team Flare bags immediately makes a Pokémon full of energy; this state will cause the next bag to take half the time it usually needs to activate.

There exist bags that grant effects in a Super Training session and they take about 10 hits to apply their effects.
One example is the Double-Up Bag (doubles EV gain for next ST).
Strength Bag raises the amount of points you get from a successful attack.
Big-Shot Bag increases the size of balls being shot out, effectively raising the chances of hitting a target.
Swiftness Bag increases the movement speed of your Pokémon, making it easier to dodge attacks.
Toughen-Up Bag decreases the amount of points getting deducted from your score when your Pokémon gets hit.
Only one Super Training effect Bag may be in use at any one time; using another ST bag will replace the effects of the older bag.

No amount of Super Training may push an EV over 252 for a given stat (!). Basically, stop worrying and max out a stat - it'll helpfully cap at 252.

Watch this post for more edits.

Last edited by Twiggy; October 16, 2013 at 07:57:07 AM.
Old October 16, 2013, 02:33:30 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
Stat-up bags:
Size S bags raise 1 EV and takes about 10 hits;
Size M bags raise 4 EVs and takes about 25 hits;
Size L bags raise 12 EVs and takes about 50 hits;

Soothing bags raise Happiness (affection untested unless it's one and the same) and takes a very long time to hit (maybe 100?)

Team Flare bags immediately makes a Pokémon ready to get items from punching bags.

There exist bags that grant effects in a Super Training session and they take about 10 hits to apply their effects. One example is the Double-Up Bag (doubles EV gain for next ST). Strength bag raises the amount of points you get from a successful attack. Big-Shot Bag increases the size of balls being shot out, effectively raising the chances of hitting a target.

Watch this post for more edits.
There's also the Toughen-Up Bag which raises your defense against a balloon bot's attacks, but other than that this list includes all the bags that I've seen so far. And more.
Old October 16, 2013, 11:33:19 AM
Administrator

Wow, thanks for all the information! Has anybody else unlocked all of the stages yet? What about gotten awards?
Old October 16, 2013, 05:06:15 PM
Volcarona

I've unlocked all of the Super Training Missions through the use of my Blastoise (his charge shot in there is sooo OP xD), but they may differ a bit in X, since these are the Y missions. (I'll edit this post with a bit of a guide with every mission, it should be done within an hour or so)

Super Training Missions    
Level 1    
All missions in Level 1 give 4 EVs in the stat the mission was for, if it is successfully completed.

HP: Raise Your HP With Wailmer!
Target: Wailmer
Points to Win: 500
Description: A basic challenge against a Wailmer balloon. It shoots occasional shots that are easy to dodge.

Attack: Boost Attack with Axew!
Target: Axew
Points to Win: 300
Description: The Axew balloon provides an easy challenge. It shoots shots straight at you, with the occasional ball formation, like a ring of balls, that is much more common later on.

Defense: Strengthen Defense with Geodude!
Target: Geodude
Points to Win: 400
Description: Geodude does not cloak itself in an aura before firing shots at you, and it can fire a few shots at once in formation. As long as you watch out for that, you should be fine.

Sp. Attack: Hone Sp. Atk with Magnemite!
Target: Magnemite
Points to Win: 300
Description: Magnemite will fire shots that home in on you, which can cause your points in this mission to drop quickly. Keep moving if you see Magnemite prepare for a shot.

Sp. Defense: Build Up Sp. Def with Tentacool!
Target: Tentacool
Points to Win: 200
Description: The targets on Tentacool's tentacles move erratically, but fluidly, which can cause you to miss quite easily. In addition, Tentacool gives little warning before firing 3 consecutive shots, so pay attention to its movements closely.

Speed: Speed Up with the Noibat Regimen!
Target: Noibat
Points to Win: 200
Description: Noibat's targets will appear on its wings, forcing you to predict the pattern of where the target is going. Try not to aim where the target is at the moment; instead, predict where it will be going and you should pull through.

Level 2    
All missions in Level 2 give 8 EVs in the stat the mission was for, if it is successfully completed.

HP: Hit Relicanth's Weak Points!
Target: Relicanth
Points to Win: 2500
Description: This mission relies on you hitting every one of the 3 targets that appear on Relicanth. If you do it enough times in a row, a red target will appear in the center, which doesn't vanish after being hit, letting you rack up points on this behemoth.

Attack: Let Loose to Get Fraxure!
Target: Fraxure
Points to Win: 1500
Description: Fraxure alternates between firing a barrage of 5 shots and firing a shot formation. Take the small opportunity between these attacks to hit the 3 targets across its body.

Defense: Break Down Graveler's Barrier!
Target: Graveler
Description: If you're quick, try to hit one of the 5 targets on Graveler to get quick points. Graveler summons a barrier almost immediately to protect itself from shots. Hit the moving circle on the barrier to break it (If you can't hit it, the barrier dispels after about 30 seconds). After the barrier is defeated, Graveler will launch a 5-shot barrage and a shot formation back-to-back, before charging the attack again.

Sp. Attack: Home In on Magneton!
Target: Magneton
Description: Magneton fires homing shots, as well as shots that take up half the screen. The homing shots can be dodged with a circular motion, and the shots that take up half the screen can be dodged by moving to the other side of the screen. In times of panic, hold L: it puts up your own shield that blocks shots and prevents point loss.

Sp. Defense: Watch Out for Tentacruel's Bitbots!
Target: Tentacruel
Points to Win: 1000
Description: With its first attack, Tentacruel puts up a unique defense; a set of 3 purple balloons that can absorb a couple of your shots, and can fire their own shots. If you shoot them enough, they will deflate and are no longer a nuisance to you. Tentacruel itself has one target on its tentacles, which can be hard to hit. It shoots a wide shot that easily dodged on occasion.

Speed: Hammer Aerodactyl with High-Speed Shots!
Target: Aerodactyl
Points to Win: 1000
Description: Slow and deliberate, the lone target on Aerodactyl will dart quickly to the inner or outer joints of the wings, or to the head, which is the easiest target to hit. Aerodactyl will move up and down, and the wings will flap up and down as well, making hitting a target a complicated endeavor. Also, be sure to avoid the small barrage of shots it will throw at you at times.

Last edited by ThePokeMan; October 16, 2013 at 05:55:40 PM.
Old October 16, 2013, 06:32:24 PM
Regigigas

A little more info I've found while playing with Super Training.

Super Training spoilers ahoy    

The strength of your shots depends on the strength of the stat the current game is meant to raise. I found this out while training Fennekin in the Lv.3 SP. ATK course. When I first started training it, its charged shots only did around 105 dmg each. After a lot of training, the charged shots ended up doing around 600 dmg each.
Old October 16, 2013, 07:02:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
A little more info I've found while playing with Super Training.

Super Training spoilers ahoy    

The strength of your shots depends on the strength of the stat the current game is meant to raise. I found this out while training Fennekin in the Lv.3 SP. ATK course. When I first started training it, its charged shots only did around 105 dmg each. After a lot of training, the charged shots ended up doing around 600 dmg each.
Is it based on level too?
Old October 16, 2013, 07:38:01 PM
Giratina

The first few posts of this thread so don't belong~

The power of your shots in Super Training is dependent on the base stat you're training. I'm not sure how it's averaged out, but I know level is probably not a factor. Lower level Pokemon tend to have a lot less EVs anyway.

Might as well wrap up the Super Training with Level 3

Super Training Level 3    
All missions completed in Super Training Lv. 3 will yield +12 EVs in the selected stat. The target time for each is 2:00.0.

Sp. Atk: Shake Off That Uncanny Magnezone!
Points To Win: 2500
Objective: Duck sideways for vertical shots! Soar up or down for horizontal ones! You've gotta dodge these tricky missiles!

Sp. Def: Kick Out! Get the Dragalge Corps!
Points To Win: 2000
Objective: Can you blast away the Bitbots in your way? You might have to if you want to complete this Super-Training Regimen in time!

HP: Shoot Back! Get the Giant Wailord!
Points To Win: 4000
Objective: Some shots are headed straight for your Pokemon--but not all of them! Can you tell the difference in time?!

Speed: Catch It! Noivern's Wild Wind!
Points To Win: 2000
Objective: If you wanna dodge these high-speed shots, you've got to be ready to move the instant the Balloon Bot fires 'em! Maybe even before!

Attack: Catch 'Em! Haxorus's Furious Attacks!
Objective: Even the most furious offense follows some sort of pattern! Your only chance at victory lies in the challenge of finding that pattern!

Defense: Break It! Golem's Last Defensive Line!
Objective: Destroy the yellow marks around that pesky barrier to destroy the Balloon Bot's strong defense and grasp your chance for points!

Are there any version exclusive Balloon Bots in Super Training? I would imagine not, but I still know pretty much nothing about this game.
Old October 16, 2013, 07:50:04 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Are there any version exclusive Balloon Bots in Super Training? I would imagine not, but I still know pretty much nothing about this game.
I don't quite think it counts as a spoiler, but yes, the Balloon Bots are different in at least one mission depending on version (at least that's what the title of the mission implies).
Old October 16, 2013, 07:54:13 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePokeMan View Post
I don't quite think it counts as a spoiler, but yes, the Balloon Bots are different in at least one mission depending on version (at least that's what the title of the mission implies).
I don't care about being spoiled, the game was already released. I'm just so fresh to it that I don't know more than any of you people.

I have X but I haven't started it yet. I don't want to taint my save file, especially since I see they finally got rid of the useless New Game button. I could probably double check without saving really quick.

Edit: Oh, one more thing. The window opposite the type of ball your Pokemon shoots, to the left of the nickname, opens when you have maxed out on EVs. The Effort Ribbon of Gen VI.

Last edited by TurtwigX; October 16, 2013 at 07:59:16 PM.
Old October 16, 2013, 07:59:57 PM
Administrator

I'll put up a list of those Balloon Bots in a bit when I try it again. Then someone with Y can compare.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 16, 2013 at 08:00:06 PM.
Old October 17, 2013, 08:17:15 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Is it based on level too?
I don't think so. I did the full training with Fennekin at LV.10 and didn't level any during the Super Training.
Old October 17, 2013, 06:17:32 PM
Giratina

Ooh, this is quite interesting.

But also a spoiler    
Maxing out your EVs on a Pokemon gives them a chance to participate in an extra two sets of Super Training, SECRET Super Training. These obviously don't net you any EVs, but you get random large bags and rare items, such as the evolution stones. These missions have irregular balloon bots and are for fun's sake.

Secret Level 1 Missions    

The Troubles Keep On Coming?!
Target Time Remaining- 1:30.0
Don't let your guard down just because you beat one Balloon Bot! There's a nonstop barrage awaiting you in this Circuit Training!

The Leaf Stone Cup Begins!
Do your best to finish within the target time! If you can, you might just be lucky enough to find a rare prize: a Leaf Stone!

The Fire Stone Cup Begins!
Do your best to finish within the target time! If you can, you might just be lucky enough to find a rare prize: a Fire Stone!

The Water Stone Cup Begins!
Do your best to finish within the target time! If you can, you might just be lucky enough to find a rare prize: a Water Stone!

Follow Those Fleeing Goals!
What's with these crazy, changing goals?! Memorize the patterns if you hope to hit the next one to appear in time!

Watch Out! That's One Tricky Second Half!
Your chance for victory might betray you! When you think you've got it in the bag is exactly when this Balloon Bot shoots back!

Secret Level 2 Missions    

An Opening of Lightning-Quick Attacks!
Your crisis will become the chance for victory! If you can just make it past the first hurdle, you'll have a chance to turn this one around!

Those Long Shots Are No Long Shot!
If you keep a close eye on this Balloon Bot's shots, a flawless victory isn't out of reach! Dodge every last shot that comes at you!

Scatterbug Lugs Back!
Target Time Remaining- 2:00.0
Revenge is best served cold, you know! This Balloon Bot is back from the tutorial and ready to take back all those points!

A Barrage of Bitbots!
Try to accurately hit these constantly moving goals while dodging a merciless barrage of shots! Do you think you can do it?!

Drag Down Hydreigon!
Target Time Remaining- 2:00.0
One wrong step will set you back to zero! You'll have to avoid every last one of this Balloon Bot's nullifying shots to win!

The Battle for the Best: Version Y!
Secret Super-Training Regimens are the last hurdle for your Pokemon to overcome! The ultimate training for the ultiimate Pokemon!

I should also note the simple calculation that it would take 21 rounds of Super Training Level 3 to max out a single stat.
Old October 18, 2013, 02:39:32 AM
Kyurem

By the way, total EVs also influence speed, offense, defence, and shot times for a given Pokémon. This helps a lot even when you're training an unrelated stat.

Also, you know how to read that kind of chart, right? The teal part is the Pokémon's actual stats before adjustments (think the stuff that you see in Pokémon Summary minus EVs) - it'll change as the Pokémon evolves. The yellow part are the base stats (EVs).

(I'm going to use the term the game uses... hope I don't get told on this.)

Weirdest tip: You know how Super Training is timed, right? And how XY has severe performance issues in 3D?

Well, if you play Super Training in 3D, the frame rate will most likely get cut in half when things get busy (like, shots littering all over the place). The fun thing about this is that the game actually slows down instead of just dropping frames (like the rest of the game). Try using that to your advantage.

Last edited by Twiggy; October 19, 2013 at 08:57:44 AM.
Old October 19, 2013, 06:39:07 PM
Regigigas

Umm, kinda just scrolled through...

Anyways, max on one stat is 252 instead of 255 in Super Training. Points go up the closer you are to EV maxing. Type of charged shots vary on Pokemon species, not evolution lines.

Edit: It's faster to EV train by going against hordes and using a multi-hit move. Just use Sweet Scent and BOOM. Works even better if you've got PokeRus.

Last edited by Sub-zero; October 19, 2013 at 06:55:47 PM.
Old October 19, 2013, 09:34:39 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I believe you get up to 60 EVs per battle if you equip the proper Power item beforehand.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 19, 2013 at 09:34:56 PM.
Old October 20, 2013, 05:04:54 AM
Giratina

Horde Battles have 5 opponents, right? So if you got a horde with 5 Pokemon that gave out 2 EVs in their stat and you had PKRS + a Power Item, it would only take 4 battles against a horde and 1 against a single Pokemon to get to 252 EVs. (And if the horde Pokemon only give out one EV it's 5 battles with 2 EVs left over.)

But I like Super Training more already, I just find it more convenient. I don't have to spend my time hunting down hordes and I could do it as soon as an egg hatches.
Old October 20, 2013, 05:07:19 AM
Kyurem

Yeah, Super Training has the advantage of being reliable, always available, and have safeguards against useless EV gains.
Old October 20, 2013, 05:13:23 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
Yeah, Super Training has the advantage of being reliable, always available, and have safeguards against useless EV gains.
Not to mention that, even though most people find it during the story, Pokerus is rare. I haven't found it yet and I don't know if I ever will... I was hoping to trade up one of my Gen V Pokemon with it.
Then there's the Power Items, and I have no clue how to get to those yet. Guess I'm not that far.
Old October 20, 2013, 10:14:31 AM
Administrator

Power items are obtained in this region's equivalent of the Battle Tower.
Old October 20, 2013, 10:52:11 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Power items are obtained in this region's equivalent of the Battle Tower.
And I don't know where that is. Therefore, I don't know how to get those yet. But when I do it's time to start the breed train.
Old October 21, 2013, 07:36:22 AM
Regigigas

I'm starting to think it's based on some random value at how strong the shots are. I'm training my new Honedge in ATK, and while its attack stat is naturally high, it's only doing a paltry 80 dmg per charged shot in the LV.3 course.

EDIT: It must be related to EVs. Finally got through one session and its shot strength doubled.

Last edited by Shade; October 21, 2013 at 07:43:30 AM.
Old October 21, 2013, 07:41:04 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
I'm starting to think it's based on some random value at how strong the shots are. I'm training my new Honedge in ATK, and while its attack stat is naturally high, it's only doing a paltry 80 dmg per charged shot in the LV.3 course.
Each Pokémon has a ball type - it's indicated on the Pokémon's summary in Super Training (look at the upper-right corner, to the right of your Pokémon's name, of the bottom screen when you're in the punching bag view)

Some Pokémon have high-powered charged shots; others are better off firing standard shots at a fast pace.
Old October 21, 2013, 07:27:37 PM
Regigigas

I think Super Training was good in the beginning and for resetting EVs, though it's a pain to find a reset bag. I've only gotten one and used it on Charizard right away. Still trying to get berry mutations... D:

Anyways, postgame, hordes are the way to go. After doing some horde battles, I finish off with Super Training in order to reach 252 flat.
Old October 21, 2013, 08:35:24 PM
Administrator

Reset Bags aren't too hard to obtain. Heck, if you're breeding eggs, you can tap the bag while biking. Just be sure to dump all the bags you don't want when the inventory fills up.
Old October 24, 2013, 12:26:58 AM
Administrator

Alright, I'm officially convinced this thing is pointless in post-game for training a fresh Pokémon. I tried using it on my fresh Zorua with no EVs. It takes insanely long to beat even Level 1 regimens (close to a minute). You may even run out of time on Level 2, and Level 3 is impossible. Of course, it changes as you go, but it still takes too long.

Check out the guide I just posted to see the best alternative:
http://victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11489

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 24, 2013 at 12:47:31 AM.
Old October 24, 2013, 03:21:27 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Alright, I'm officially convinced this thing is pointless in post-game for training a fresh Pokémon. I tried using it on my fresh Zorua with no EVs. It takes insanely long to beat even Level 1 regimens (close to a minute). You may even run out of time on Level 2, and Level 3 is impossible. Of course, it changes as you go, but it still takes too long.

Check out the guide I just posted to see the best alternative:
http://victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11489
Psst... these bags are there for a reason.

Also, I'd advise training for Attack/Special Attack first, if only to make things easier later. Do remember that total EVs influence everything a little bit.
Old October 24, 2013, 03:26:00 AM
Giratina

I never found it difficult. It certainly takes some getting used to, but it's just lack of EVs. Starting with an attack first is always the best option.

I detest horde battles simply for the way they're set up. I can get wild double battles, but 1 vs. 5? That's unfair even for Mario Party. Though they're weak Pokemon anyway, the looming threat plagued the story mode.
And those are just trivial reasons, the lag drives me crazy.
Old October 25, 2013, 08:22:18 PM
Regigigas

Edit: ^ 2 minutes? Lol, are you not using a multi-hit move? It doesn't really lag for me. Only on the start of the battle. 2 minutes on Super Training would get me 24 evs on one stat when I could've gotten 30 (60 with PokeRus) in one horde encounter.

Quote:
Reset Bags aren't too hard to obtain. Heck, if you're breeding eggs, you can tap the bag while biking. Just be sure to dump all the bags you don't want when the inventory fills up.
Yeah, I started doing that after getting several Team Flare bags. I've got 3 Reset bags sitting there now. Pointless to have since I started breeding my in-game team to better IVs and such, but they'll come to use when PokeBank comes in.

Last edited by Sub-zero; October 25, 2013 at 08:24:50 PM.