Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 8, 2012, 02:37:43 PM
Shaymin

Default My Toxic Addiction.

This isn't actually a team that has toxic on every pokemon, it actually doesn't have any pokemon with toxic. It just benefits from you poisoned enemies. So please help me out and I will edit and change it so it is better.

Also something I do with my Pokemon is name then with capitol letters that will help me remember what they do. Of coarse my opponent wont know that so it is jolly good, but if they do I am in trouble.

SarAh @ Focus Sash

Pokémon Sprite 407

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Energy Ball
- Venoshock
- HP Fire
Description: So this is really a flexible lead. Because it doesn't have to be a lead. With this pokemon you hope that it is a pokemon that is just there to set up. If it is you know that you can also set up a Toxic Spikes and then probably another. That is when it will be held as an attacker for later. But you NEED the Toxic Spikes for this team so I'll have to make sure it is a pokemon I can take a hit from.

AleSander @ Poison Barb

Pokémon Sprite 617

EVs: 6 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Venoshock
- Focus Blast
- Bug Buzz
- U-turn
Description: Accelgor is one I made because it has good SpAtk and amazing speed. Before using this pokemon you will have needed to have set up you Toxic Spikes already. Once that is done you may bring him out. Make sure that it isn't someone that is known for using priority attacks, like Scizor. Use Venoshock and it will do double damage than usual. 130 power, and the edge of it being already poisoned is GREAT! So if it wasn't a type that is resistant to it, you must have done quit a bit of damage that turn. Maybe even KOed him. The opponent may have caught on by now and will try and use force to kill you. Since your work is done, U-Turn out of there of switch out to a better suited pokemon.

COnner @ Flame Orb

Pokémon Sprite 534

Trait: Guts
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SDef
Adament Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
Description: COnner is my counter, he isn't fast so he will have to withstand the move used before. Mach Punch will help, unless they switch out.

SUBmarine @ Toxic Orb

Pokémon Sprite 472

Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 186 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
Description: This is a staller Gliscor. If he has been put out at a good time, he is good. If you put him out against an attacker, he is bad. So you want to put him again a pokemon that has a general disadvantage to him defensively. But you are the defensive one, so when he switches out, or protects you have to set up you Substitute. After that is good you are pretty much made. He will (probably) already be ailed by the poison, so you can stall that and wait for that to kill him, or you can attack yourself.

aSDen@ Leftovers

Pokémon Sprite 385

Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 226 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Body Sla
- Fire Punch
Description: This is a wish passer, but it will also serve as an attacker.

mAry (Scolipede) (F) @ Life Orb

Pokémon Sprite 545

Trait: Swarm
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Venoshock
Description: This is another Venoshocker, I am going to say right now, so the rest isn't that important. It is my Physical Attacker in the family. It will have a hard time with entry hazards, but after that, it is a breeze.

Last edited by teamplasma; June 9, 2012 at 04:37:15 PM.
Old June 8, 2012, 09:33:25 PM
Giratina

Steel Types/Poison Types/Flying Types/Levitate Users are immune to Toxic Spikes, just put that in mind. I REALLY LOVE THE CLEVERNESS IN THE NAMES!

Venoshock, great move with the poison and all but.. its too reliant. What if you fail to set up? Then you just have a regular venoshock that half of your team has. Other pokemon might have so much better option then Venoshock.

The Lead is good, Roserade is a great utility pokemon to help set up for your pokemon. However, if you feel you can pull it off- DEFINITELY TRY ROSELIA. Eviolite Roselia is a beast! Jus' sayin'

For gengar... Hex, its just soo... dependent. Shadow Ball is a much better option. Also, the occasional lowering on the opponents Sp. D w/ shadowball does many good. For a disable set, you might wanna use a substitute. It can cripple choiced users like hell and maybe for some pokemon that use set up moves. Use Substitute while your opponent uses a choiced move or something, your usually faster, and troll with disable!

For gliscor, Swagger is an iffy move. You sharply raise the attack of an opponent. That could be dangerous if accidentaly used on the wrong pokemon.

Chansey- Ice beam is pointless, Seismic Toss is so much more reliant than an ice beam. For ground types, switch into Gliscor or something.

Those are all the single pokemon comments that I have. now for typing and type coverage:
HUGE PROBLEMS! 3 Super effective weaknesses to Fire, Flying and Psychic without coverage. Each. Ice and rock have two weaknesses each and no coverage. Dark isn't covered and there is one super effective weakness.

The types that have NO COVERAGE (MAJOR PROBLEM): Fire, Ice, Flying, Psychic, Rock, Dragon, Dark and Steel.

I advise that you fix a lot of these problems...
Old June 9, 2012, 07:12:08 AM
Shaymin

Venoshock, great move with the poison and all but.. its too reliant. What if you fail to set up? Then you just have a regular venoshock that half of your team has. Other pokemon might have so much better option then Venoshock.
But that my whole team isn't just Venoshockers. They also have other moves. I do see where you are coming from and I think I should have a second Toxic Spiker.

The Lead is good, Roserade is a great utility pokemon to help set up for your pokemon. However, if you feel you can pull it off- DEFINITELY TRY ROSELIA. Eviolite Roselia is a beast! Jus' sayin'
I don't think I can pull it off as a lead, but maybe as a Sp.Wall or something.

For gengar... Hex, its just soo... dependent. Shadow Ball is a much better option. Also, the occasional lowering on the opponents Sp. D w/ shadowball does many good. For a disable set, you might wanna use a substitute. It can cripple choiced users like hell and maybe for some pokemon that use set up moves. Use Substitute while your opponent uses a choiced move or something, your usually faster, and troll with disable!
Yeah, I will change it to substitute. I like the attack combo already, and I think without Hex the other moves will still do a lot of damage to the opponent.

For gliscor, Swagger is an iffy move. You sharply raise the attack of an opponent. That could be dangerous if accidentaly used on the wrong pokemon.
I have used this move on other teams and can pretty much handle it, it usually works well for me too. I do think that Poison and Confusion/Infatuation are a wonderful combo.

Chansey- Ice beam is pointless, Seismic Toss is so much more reliant than an ice beam. For ground types, switch into Gliscor or something.
That has been changed, I only changed it because I would to terrible against a Ghost, and at least I could hit it if it came out.

Those are all the single pokemon comments that I have. now for typing and type coverage:
HUGE PROBLEMS! 3 Super effective weaknesses to Fire, Flying and Psychic without coverage. Each. Ice and rock have two weaknesses each and no coverage. Dark isn't covered and there is one super effective weakness.

So what should I do? Take out who, put in who? I am not sure. I have done well with it now and can't decide which isn't a huge asset to my team. And I still need to put in a second spiker.

EDIT: I also changed the team to how it looks now.

Last edited by teamplasma; June 9, 2012 at 07:13:32 AM.
Old June 9, 2012, 07:36:32 AM
Giratina

Well.. Obviously, I can't choose everything for you but I certainly can help you. If your looking to replace, I would replace something that has to be the most reliant on the Toxic Spikes. So defninitely not Roserade, cause shes the whole poison support. Gliscor and Chansey are your walls, so no. Scolipede seems to be your only Physical Attackers so no. Narrowed down to Accelgor or Gengar imo. Now, I'm not sure who works out for you better, but make sure whoever it is- It covers some weaknesses. So, you wanna make sure its something that covers as much as possible. Now, if you wanna swap more pokemon, thats another option.

Also, Edit your first post whenever you make changes, just to keep an updated team on there

I'll say more after your next post.
Old June 9, 2012, 08:31:16 AM
Shaymin

I decided Gengar isn't that important to me.

Fire, Ice, Flying, Psychic, Rock, Dragon, Dark and Steel is what I need to cover, yes?

Well a fighting type takes out a few so it now looks like this.

Fire, Ice, Flying, Psychic, Rock, Dragon, Dark and Steel

And then you have only four left. So if it is a fighting pokemon with stone edge (or something), it will be like this.

Fire, Ice, Flying, Psychic, Rock, Dragon, Dark and Steel

Now I will remind you I have a few bug people on my team, and Scolipede already had Rock Slide (A rock move) so I was already kinda covered. But anyways, with the bug types, the Psychic weakness is gone and I only have dragon.

It sounds to me I need a Conkeldurr, or a Heracross.
Old June 9, 2012, 08:40:17 AM
Giratina

Go for it, but after a couple battles.. I'm taking a hiatus from Competitive battling, sorry.. I just had the most bullcrap experiences.
Old June 9, 2012, 09:42:44 AM
Rayquaza

I am afraid you forgot Skarmory? Honestly, it can wall all of your team if played correctly and can actually defeat it with the correct set. To be honest, Poison is not a great type to associate yourself with, unless you modify your strategy. It is only super effective against Grass, while normal or ineffective against the other types.

Personally, if I decide to use Poison as a theme of my team, I would focus more on stall, rather than an offensive team.
Old June 9, 2012, 01:28:38 PM
Zoroark

I'll start by saying that poison if a very poor attacking type. If you want to freely use poison attacks, you must find a way to eliminate steel-type Pokemon. The biggest threats I can think of would be Skarmory, Scizor, Jirachi, and Metagross.

Venoshock is a bit gimmicky, so keep this in mind. This team seems relatively offense based and will probably switch a lot. It doesn't have the capabilities to stall. When you lay down Toxic Spikes, stick with one layer since regular poison does more damage in the short-term than toxic.

Take into consideration fire-type attacks since steel pokemon will laugh off the toxic spikes. You should also strive for better synergy so your pokemon will have turns they could more easily switch into attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER
Gliscor and Chansey are your walls, so no.
Teams don't always need walls, but they need synergy and pivots. Adding a wall for no reason to an offensive team can remove its momentum and become a burden since the ( usually frail ) offensive team members would need opportunities to switch in that aren't revenge kills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma
- Toxic Spikes
- Energy Ball
- Venoshock
- Attract
Attract is unnecessary on Roserade and it would prefer an additional coverage move. HP fire would be a great benefit to your team since Steels are your biggest problem with this poison-themed team. Energy Ball is okay, but take Giga Drain or Grass Knot into consideration. Sleep Powder is another option to take a counter out for the rest of the match.

Quote:
- Venoshock
- Pursuit
- Bug Buzz
- U-turn
Pursuit has little use on Accelgor here. Cheers for U-turn to maintain momentum. The coverage of bug/poison offers very little coverage.

Quote:
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Facade
Facade adds very little to the coverage spread that fighting-type does not already damage and Stone Edge covers.

Quote:
- Substitute
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Swagger
Generally speaking, Swagger is not that great of an idea. Levitating or flying Pokemon will not be affected by Toxic Spikes, so something like Ice Fang or Toxic would be benficial to what you're going for. Earthquake is definitely a plus as it's one of your few defenses against steel. Roost is almost necessary if this is one of your pivots. Protect may wind up backfiring more often than it helps.

Quote:
- Wish
- Softboiled
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
Chansey doesn't contribute much to your team. Consider something to dispatch of steel-types, like Magnezone. If you need a bulky wish passer, Vaporeon or Jirachi can also fill these roles. Jirachi would have the benefit of adding some much-needed dragon resist to your team.

Quote:
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Venoshock
Cool points for the Scolipede, but it's also going to struggle with steel-types or bulky offense. Life orb isn't likely to have that great of damage output, so consider a choice band. This thing isn't going to live that long or have a chance to stay on the battle field much, so it's best to do as much damage as possible in as few turns as you can - that is, if you're deadset on using it. In other cases, a support Pokemon could easily go here.

Last edited by hinorashi; June 9, 2012 at 09:15:27 PM.
Old June 9, 2012, 01:56:47 PM
Shaymin

Thank you I will update my team once it is sorted out. I do think most of your points are very right. I think you will have helped me a lot.

EDIT: SO what do you guys think would be a good set for Jirachi?

Last edited by teamplasma; June 9, 2012 at 02:07:34 PM.
Old June 9, 2012, 08:03:10 PM
Joltik

Your set for Jirachi is interesting. I feel that Jirachi can serve as either a wall or an attacker, but not both at the same time. By looking at your set, your Jirachi is a wall. Even though Jirachi's base attack stat is 100, it won't be doing a lot of damage given the EV spread and nature. Wish, Body Slam, and Wish are moves that are well-suited for this kind of Jirachi. However, I am not sure with Fire Punch. I know Fire Punch can deal with other Steel types well, but it is still unSTABed and won't do a lot, even if it is Super-Effective. What I would suggest is to replace Fire Punch with Substitute or Protect. Protect will allow Jirachi to heal itself instantly, while Substitute is a good move to have in case the opponent decides to switch out when you switch in Jirachi. I think the biggest difficulty with finding a set for Jirachi is how diverse its movepool can be. There will be many options for one, it just depends on how you want it to function on your team.