Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 19, 2011, 10:21:46 PM
Pikachu

Default The Insanity Trio

This team actually focuses on racking up residual damage, so there are not much sweepers.

Forretress (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

It's one of the members of my so called "Insanity trio". I dumped the 112 EVs into SDef because I found that I hadn't been using Explosion since I start using this team. The idea is simple. Stack up SR and Spikes and just let the others do the work. The few leads that this Forry have problems with are Roserade and Heatran, who normally pack fire moves. But I will just switch it out to stack more entry hazards later. Shed Shell is to enable it to escape when Magnezone comes out, but I haven't seen any. So, I'm thinking of switching it to Leftovers. Any opinions?

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SDef
Hardy Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Discharge
- Will-O-Wisp

My RestTalker, SpinBlocker, Status Spreader and Status Absorber. I had Hydro Pump on it when I started using it, but I found out that WoW>Hydro Pump because the Ground types that resist Electric are normally Physical Attackers. I am actually thinking of adding its Special Bulk to enable it to take a Hydro Pump from LO Starmie. Again, I need your opinions. 001_smile

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Roar

The second member of the "Insanity trio". It provides Wish support for my teamates(which I never used) and it can Roar the opponent away to rack up residual damage.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Third member of the......Well, you got it. This Heatran is really bulky and can sponge many Special Attacks and hit back with Lava Plume. It is responsible to Roar away the opponent and rack up residual damage, like Vappy.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Outrage
- ThunderPunch
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Ok. Now, after the three insane pokemon had done their job, it is the time for Flygon to clean up after them. I actually send this Flygon in after a few turns of Roaring to clean up, switch it out again and in again after a few rounds of Roaring. If I predicted a Taunt or my opponent tries to set up, then I will bring in this guy to kill them.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Now, the star of the team, as you can see from its shape. This thing comes out after the opponent's team is weak and sighing from all the residual damages, Calm Minds and start to sweep. Actually a Calm Mind is enough to rip a team apart. Normally I will be left only with this guy while the opponent have many pokes left(but with few HP of course), so I just sweep them.

Conclusion
This team has a high win rate for me, around 90%(92 battles won in 100 battles (in 2 months)). But normally, if I lost, it is due to the opponents scoring a critical hit. So that's it about my team. Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old February 20, 2011, 04:51:52 AM
Kyurem

That team looking pretty good.
Old February 20, 2011, 11:22:16 PM
Volcarona

This actually does look nice... the only suggestion I can think of, is to give something else stealth rocks and/or spikes, as if something (Like my adamant dragonite holding a choice band) were to come in, and use earthquake a couple times, you wouldn't be able to fully utilize all of your others. You may also have trouble with weavile, who could fake out and then either switch (making you predict a taunt) to something that can in turn either set up (Like bronzong), something that could use an attack like flame thrower to ohko you (Like magmortar), or they could play it safe, and just taunt. Other than that, it will be irrevelent in 15ish days when B/W come out, and introduce some sort of flaw to it.