Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 13, 2012, 06:56:04 AM

Default Reuniclus' TrickHail Team

Hey everyone, I recently got the idea of combining Trick Room with Hail for a new kind of strategy. Here is my team:

Abomasnow @ Focus Sash
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 252 Spe / 128 Atk / 128 SpAtk
Ability: Snow Warning
Blizzard
Earthquake
Hidden Power [Fire]
Ice Shard

Abomasnow makes a great Hail lead, and it is the only pokemon that I invested speed into. After Abomasnow faints, I set up Trick Room while the Hail is still up. Blizzard is always a good choice, having 100% accuracy in Hail, Earthquake deals with Fire types (Mostly Heatran), HP Fire deals with Steel types and other Ice types, Ice Shard is used for pokemon that have a Sash and to have some form of priority move on my team.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 SpDef
Ability: Trace
Trick Room
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Recover

Little shaky on this set, I think it would be better if I made Porygon2 a special wall instead, what do you think? This guy's job is to set up Trick Room and then deal damage if necessary with a BoltBeam combination. However, I usually just set up Trick Room with Porygon2 and then switch out to a sweeper.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 SpDef
Ability: Magic Guard
Trick Room
Psyshock
Focus Blast
Hidden Power [Fire]

What can I say about this guy? Standard Trick Room Reuniclus with Life Orb and Magic Guard. When Trick Room is set up, this thing can be a powerful sweeper. Psyshock and Focus Blast will be its primary moves, but HP Fire is used for those annoying Bug/Steel types. Ditto616, if you're reading this, I finally have a counter for your Scizor. =w=

Glaceon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 Def
Ability: Snow Cloak
Blizzard
Hidden Power [Fighting]
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam

Glaceon can be extremely powerful with a powered up Blizzard from Choice Specs. I've tested it, and it can easily take out a Terrakion in 1 hit from Blizzard. HP Fighting is for Rock, Steel, and Ice types, while Shadow Ball covers Psychic and Ghost types. If anyone can find an alternative for Ice Beam, I'd really appreciate it.

Chandelure @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 HP / 4 SpDef
Ability: Flash Fire
Trick Room
Heat Wave
Hidden Power [Ice]
Shadow Ball

Despite Chandelure being moderately fast, it can set up Trick Room easily. Chandelure covers both the Fire and Fighting type weakness on my team, so a well-timed switch in can give me a good opportunity to set up Trick room.

Clefable @ Toxic Orb
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpDef
Ability: Magic Guard
Seismic Toss
Softboiled
Trick
Cosmic Power

I know this set is terrible, I really need help with the right moves and EV spread.
Old April 13, 2012, 07:19:33 AM
Giratina

Well, I see problems on your synergy (Pokemon that cover other pokemon with typing). I will now list where you have more weakness then coverage.
Fire: 2 weaknesses and only 1 Fire resister.
Fighting: I bolded that for a reason. 4 are weak! and only 2 cover!
Bug: 2 Weaknesses and only 1 Bug resister.
Flying: 1 Weakness and no resister.
Rock: 3 weaknesses and NO resisters!
Dragon: Well, they are very common and you have no resisters.
Dark: 2 weaknesses and NO resisters!
Steel: 2 weaknesses and 1 resister.

Those are the typing problems and I'll capitalize later
Old April 13, 2012, 11:21:41 AM
Giratina

Terrakion says and proceeds to sweep your team. You need something to counter it. Trick Room or not, Terrakion could probably OHKO 2 of the 3 Pokemon that have Trick Room and take down anything that could use it.