Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 1, 2010, 09:13:59 PM
Volcarona

Default Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Review

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl start off the 4th Generation. They are made with the new Nintendo DS, which gives the games touch screen capabilities and Wi-Fi enabling.

With 107 new Pokémon added, giving the Pokédex a count of 493 Pokémon. There are many new evolutions of old Pokémon and a completely new style of battling, instead of using just stats it uses whether or not the move is Physical or Special.

Diamond and Pearl take you into the Sinnoh region with new gym leaders, trainers, Pokémon, and faces old time Pokéfans would remember. You start off as a new trainer earning badges, becoming the Pokémon League Champion, and defeating Team Galactic who want world domination by taking
over the main Legendary in your game. Dialga for Diamon and Palkia for Pearl.

There is also the Pal-Park, which allows you to insert your GBA Pokémon games, to get more Pokémon from foreign regions. There is also the Poké-Radar, allowing you to hunt in swarms of Pokémon easier, and the Pokétch that gives you many applications to make it easier to capture
and breed Pokémon.

The biggest advancement to Pokémon games is Diamond and Pearl's Global Trade Station. This allows you to trade Pokémon with people all around the world over the internet, by depositing a Pokémon, requesting a different Pokémon for it and trading.

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl gives a fresh new start to trainers, reviving old game customs and making it the biggest Pokémon game so far.

Last edited by James; February 2, 2010 at 01:53:48 PM.
Old February 1, 2010, 10:30:51 PM
Administrator

After correcting typos, the basic information appears to be quite efficient in its point.
Old February 2, 2010, 08:17:40 AM
Giratina

I suggest adding some information about how D/P evolved the competitive game play greatly with their additions.
Old February 2, 2010, 11:18:51 AM
Volcarona

Once again, its a basic introduction to the games. And kk Cat. I was kinda writing this at 1 a.m. -.- so I didn't notice typos.
Old February 2, 2010, 01:40:15 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
With 107 new Pokémon added, giving the Pokédex a count of 493 Pokémon.
Slight grammar fail there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
instead of using stats it uses whether or not the move is Physical or Special.
No, it uses stats as well as Physical/special moves.

I'm now going to review your review:
I like it! It's short, sweet and to the point. Though there are a couple of gramatical/spelling errors, and one of the facts is wrong. Other than that, I agree with everything you said!
Old February 2, 2010, 01:53:11 PM
Volcarona

Thank you nin. And btw the grammar is a mistake for one reason. You try writing news articles at 1 30 am with school the next day. -.- And also I edited the article and put in the word just.

Last edited by James; February 2, 2010 at 01:54:14 PM.