Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 26, 2010, 10:29:28 PM
Charizard

Default Opinion on *******?

Well, I'm looking for an honest answer from everyone who answers this, DO NOT be ashamed to admit that you hack. When I say Sav, I am refering to a program called *******, which is a tool that allows you to edit pretty much any aspect of the game. With *******, you can create a team of all 999 stats Arceus, or you could make a legit team of 6 pokemon, with 510 evs, and no more then 31 IVS in stats, along with legit moves, then it either gives you an AR code, to import into your game, or If you have a .sav file (Which is related to roms, so I won't go much into this.) you can change it directly by opening your .sav file. A large part of the people in the pokemon 4th Gen Metagame *******. There are numerous reasons WHY somebody might *******, instead of breeding, and then ev training their pokemon.

1. Laziness. Some people are just too darn lazy to actually go through the process of breeding, and ev training.

2.RL. A big part why people Sav, Real Life. With a social life, jobs, school, etc, It's hard to actually find time to breed, and ev train the "right" way.

3.Experimenting. Some people want to just try it out, and what it allows you to do, vs breeding and ev training.

I'm going to be completely honest, I do *******. My reason is 100% #2, I just don't have time, with a girlfriend, school, friends, band, sports, and just about everything else a 14 year old boy does. Although I do *******, like most battlers, everything is legit, 510 EVS, not perfect IVS and every pokemon, though I do slip on location met, and level met... if I'm feeling a bit #1, Lazy. Just throwing this out there, if this does prohibit me from challenging any gyms here at Victory Road, I guess that's something I have to sacrifice. Sometimes, a word isn't enough that It's legit, and I respect people's decisions.

Anyway, Cat said that as long as a Rom Hacking Tool doesn't contain any roms, I'm free to link it. So if you are interested in *******, I will provide links.

Main Page and FAQ: http://**************.org/editing/*******/
Download: http://**************.org/editing/po...avdownload.php

For the download link, download the one that corresponds to your game and language.

Message to Moderators: If I missed a forum rule, and it is a rule breaking topic, feel free to lock/delete this topic if necessary.

Last edited by Jared; March 26, 2010 at 10:32:45 PM.
Old March 26, 2010, 11:00:15 PM
Keldeo

If use sav AAAALLL the time~! If I could.
However, I have one of the rare "non friendly" AR versions of pokemon platinum. So yea, I would use sav with fair IVs and EVs but sadly I can't. If I did I would have ALOT more teams and alot more pink weaviles~! =w=

Last edited by Sunny; March 26, 2010 at 11:01:27 PM.
Old March 27, 2010, 03:41:42 AM
Rayquaza

I beileve in poke sav only for educational purposes and that's it.
Old March 27, 2010, 07:11:48 AM
Giratina

I'd use it to play around with the game once I'm finished. NOT to finish the Pokédex, NOT to beat the story, NOT for trading and NEVER EVER for battling.
I'd simply use it to find funny glitches.
Old March 27, 2010, 07:35:39 AM
Volcarona

Sav..I only use it for something else like Legit Pokemon just incase
Old March 27, 2010, 07:39:20 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
I'd use it to play around with the game once I'm finished. NOT to finish the Pokédex, NOT to beat the story, NOT for trading and NEVER EVER for battling.
I'd simply use it to find funny glitches.
But do you find it wrong to use it for creating pokemon used in 4th Gen Metagame?
Old March 27, 2010, 07:43:17 AM
Administrator

I mainly use it just to create Pokémon and give them random moves they wouldn't use for the lulz.
Old March 27, 2010, 03:10:28 PM
Kyurem

I have only used the software once, on a ROM so I could screenshot. I do not like the software in general, I do not respect (or rather outright hate) anyone who uses it in battle with another real life person (unless it was agreed upon that one could use it by both battlers with all battlers involved knowing of the the use by the other battler(s)), and I do feel that it ruins so much of the fun of the game. My Pokémon can hold their own in competitive battles, yet they've only got, on-average, average IVs (some great, some poor), have not yet been EV trained (I'll be working on that once I complete more of HGSS), and were raised completely legitly.

So, to clarify, I'm fine with people who use it as long it has been agreed upon by both battlers that its legal. But, even if you give the Pokémon 1 IVs, I simply don't like anyone using a Pokémon edited by it against me, be it for experience, for EVs, for IVs, etc.
Old March 28, 2010, 04:33:13 AM
Mudkip

Then there's also

3) People who are unable to access events because they live far too much away from them and won't travel to England/America or whatever to get access to a legit Pokemon.

For example, how am I supposed to get a legit Arceus/Jirachi/Shayming/Manaphy/Whatever on my DPPt, considering I live on the Balkan peninsula? Next to impossible.

So yeah, for me it's all three reasons combined. I've no time to train Pokemon, even if I did I'd be too lazy and some Pokemon I simply cannot get.

Never *******'d though, I only used some AR cheats a long time ago and racked up a bunch of shiny level 13 Pokemon using the encounter cheats. Thus, legit stats and IVs.
Old March 28, 2010, 11:15:18 AM
Giratina

I never used *******, as I don't use flash cards and whatnot.
Old March 28, 2010, 11:30:06 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I never used *******, as I don't use flash cards and whatnot.
You don't need flashcards to sav, just an AR, but I assumed you meant AR when you said whatnot. :<
Old April 9, 2010, 07:14:43 PM
Haxorus

It's all right, but it's not great.
Old April 9, 2010, 07:22:13 PM
Regigigas

I've never tried it before. I suppose I can do it with a rom + emulator combo for the lulz.

As for the AR method, I vowed would never resort to use it for real competitive battles. Only on emu's and older games.
Old April 9, 2010, 07:43:16 PM
Haxorus

I use Sav to battle with friends. We all use it and agree on it. I never use it on Wi-fi, and anyone who has battled me here has battled my non-sav team. I basically use it for fun when it is agreed on. I am currently working on my competitive and they shall not be Sav'd at all.
Old April 13, 2010, 05:26:42 PM
Charizard

I love *******, but I normally only do it to get Pokemon without spending 6 hours eving one thing and teaching it perfect moves and getting it perfect IVs and nature. So I just make competitive PKMN with it. Sometimes I make really ****ed up PKMN for laughs
Old April 13, 2010, 08:31:32 PM
Shaymin

I don't hack period. I've only ever meddled with my Diamond, to get mounds of Rare Candies, but that was a friend's AR, and I never used *******.
Old May 2, 2010, 11:34:36 AM
Cyndaquil

I use ******* for EV training pokemon, but even so barely (Like with my Lapras I EV'd it up to like 100 spA, but now I have a Java project to do, but I'd like to continue with the game asap, so I *******'d for 252 and left it at that). The most hacked pokemon I have is a lvl 50 Sandslash that I'm using for filler/heal slot for now. Eh.

I dont really mind about hacking in general. Its one thing if you hack ridiculous pokemon and act like they are real. Or if you use ******* for an unfair advantage in battle. But on the other hand the only person I've battled with in RL is a girl who obsessivley EV trains and we agreed that I can use my 'EV'd' pokemon if only because gengars are hard to beat D: . But still I dont mind so much, but it looks rather sad when you hack EVERYTHING.

I can understand hacking for pink weaviles because they r the coot <333, or for me hacking for a team of Ariados caz they too are coot <3. But thats for 'fun' and you tell people about that. the Crazy 'Hey look i has lvl 100 pikachu with 999 stats and 999 pp and Roar of time lol!1!' is dumb and full of loserness. >:

I'd be more angry about noob-like hacking if it weren't for the fact that a large percentage of them corrupt their games doing it. hehehe
Old May 2, 2010, 03:18:33 PM
Haxorus

Do you need an AR to do it? Or if not do you you need some sort of device?

Last edited by blueumbreon; May 2, 2010 at 03:20:21 PM.
Old May 2, 2010, 03:30:01 PM
Administrator

Yes you need an AR
Old May 2, 2010, 03:59:03 PM
Kyurem

If had the ability to use it, then I would. However, I would only use it to make teams I would use for fun: NEVER competitively. All of my competitive teams are completely legit. I may also use it for breeding purposes, such as getting a Lapras with Confuse Ray to breed with one my my Milotics to get a Feebas with Confuse Ray.

Sav is very useful to speed up team building processes, but like I said, I would never use a team 100% Sav'd.
Old May 3, 2010, 03:32:47 AM
Zoroark

I don't really mind what people do to be honest, as long as they don't abuse the stats for example making an invincible pokemon that's okay. I don't personally use it but it doesn't bother me others do. I enjoy the EV training side.
Old May 6, 2010, 12:07:38 PM
Haxorus

To be honest here, I was a ******* user and I still have the Program on my Hard drive.
I bought Diamond, to play it of course.
But I bought Pearl, to mess it up. I made codes Day and Night and add them on Pearl.
I would test things, test legit stuff and ect..

At 1 point, it just got boring because I did everything ******* could do.
So I stopped using it. My Diamond, Platinum and Soul Silver are clean though.
Old May 10, 2010, 01:50:19 PM
Charizard

The thing I don't like about Pokésav is how people give Pokémon all 31 IVs. It's encouraging people to cheat, because you aren't going to have that "advantage" unless you cheat. I don't care if you hatch ten-thousand eggs, you aren't going to get such outrageous IVs without cheating. I'm fine with people that will give no more than 2 31 IVs, but otherwise Pokésav should not be used for competitive purposes.
Old May 11, 2010, 04:06:34 PM
Regigigas

I have actually tried SAV, to start pokemon Platinum with a gible to make a walkthrough of it, but it never worked because the code just kept crashing. I gave gible tackle, and that's it, along with a good nature, and it still crashed.
Old May 21, 2010, 12:27:46 PM
Giratina

To be completely honest, I have used *******.
In fact, I used to use ******* to get my teams for competitive battling. (Which reminds me, I should get back to training my team.)
I don't now because Windows 7 is not compatible with AR DS.

And LoPun, were you using the right version of *******?
Old June 21, 2010, 12:00:31 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
I mainly use it just to create Pokémon and give them random moves they wouldn't use for the lulz.
Magikarp attack with Hyper Beam!
Magikarp attack with Fly!
Magikarp attack with Blast Burn!
Magikarp attack with Dig!

\--------------------------------------------\
Alright, I used to AR hack on FRLG/RSE/DP.
BTW, can you all answer these questions for me so I know if it is okay to use AR again.
1) Is it bad to hack to get a Manaphy Egg?
2) Is it bad to hack to go to Birth Island/Naval Island/Faraway Island?
3) Is it bad to hack to get all TMs/Rare Candies/PokeBalls?
4) Is it bad to hack to Hall of Origin/Newmoon Island/Seabreak Path?
5) Is it bad to hack to hatch eggs fast/infinite money/super exp. gain?
I forgot the rest, but when I remember them I will make a new post here.

Last edited by EricThePelipper; June 21, 2010 at 12:00:53 PM.
Old June 21, 2010, 09:27:35 PM
Pikachu

Hacking ruins the purpose of breeding, catching and training Pokemon. I believe hackers are ruining the pokemon games.
Old June 21, 2010, 10:30:42 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Ato View Post
Hacking ruins the purpose of breeding, catching and training Pokemon. I believe hackers are ruining the pokemon games.
Disagree mainly b/c they aren't selling or creating the real rpg pokemon games, so they ruin nothing. Let them have their fun.
Old June 22, 2010, 09:37:11 PM
Joltik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
MAGIKARP! USE HYPER BEA-*Yellow is shot*

Also, I find cheating in an RPG to be hilariously different from cheating in other games.

See, we who don't normally play competitive RPGs define cheating as gaining an unfair advantage otherwise un-obtainable.

To someone like me, taking out the work and time wasting raising a pokemon is in no way cheating. It would be an exploit at best in my book. To cheat, one would have to gain an advantage that can't normally be gained. That being said, I think ******* CAN be used to cheat and do things that are essentially wrong, but is not necessarily cheating.

Me? I say it doesn't matter. A pokemon's a pokemon whether or not it's made with Sav or not. Just as long as it is doesn't break any impossible barriers.

Last edited by Yellow; June 22, 2010 at 09:39:35 PM.
Old June 23, 2010, 11:47:45 AM
Kyurem

I've used Sav once for fun and I made a level 100 Magikarp that knows Roar of Time, Seed Flare, Judgement, and Blast Burn
It was epic :3
Old June 25, 2010, 07:43:06 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricThePelipper View Post
Magikarp attack with Hyper Beam!
Magikarp attack with Fly!
Magikarp attack with Blast Burn!
Magikarp attack with Dig!

Alright, I used to AR hack on FRLG/RSE/DP.
BTW, can you all answer these questions for me so I know if it is okay to use AR again.
1) Is it bad to hack to get a Manaphy Egg?
2) Is it bad to hack to go to Birth Island/Naval Island/Faraway Island?
3) Is it bad to hack to get all TMs/Rare Candies/PokeBalls?
4) Is it bad to hack to Hall of Origin/Newmoon Island/Seabreak Path?
5) Is it bad to hack to hatch eggs fast/infinite money/super exp. gain?
I forgot the rest, but when I remember them I will make a new post here.
1. I actually have hacked a Magikarp with 999 in all stats that knows Sheer Cold, Fissure, Guillotine, and Horn Drill and has the ability "No Guard"
2. What's "ok" is all YOUR decision. Do what YOU think is right. But if you want MY opinion, I only have a problem with #5.

Last edited by Fly Guy 2; June 25, 2010 at 07:43:59 PM.
Old June 28, 2010, 02:01:16 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Guy 2 View Post
1. I actually have hacked a Magikarp with 999 in all stats that knows Sheer Cold, Fissure, Guillotine, and Horn Drill and has the ability "No Guard"
2. What's "ok" is all YOUR decision. Do what YOU think is right. But if you want MY opinion, I only have a problem with #5.
Thnx for answering