Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 5, 2010, 06:10:21 PM
Celebi

Default Pokemon Rangers: Guardian Signs

Pokemon Rangers: Guardian Signs came out October 4.
I finally got it today and started to play it. It's already better, storywise.
For starters, you don't start as a student. You're a full Ranger.
The evil team is called the Pokemon Pinchers, who go around and kidnap Pokemon, but they're looking for Pokemon Legends.
The only downside to the game is the excessive talking segments.

If you have the game, let's talk about it.
Old October 6, 2010, 11:18:51 AM
Landorus

Wait, American release date or Japanese?
Old October 6, 2010, 11:44:03 AM
Volcarona

I've played a demo from the Nintendo Channel, and it was kind of fun trying to catch Mew. I'm not really going to get this game, though. I'm going to wait for the 5th gen. version of Pokemon Ranger to release in the US and get that game.
Old October 6, 2010, 12:25:04 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Henge View Post
The evil team is called the Pokemon Pinchers, who go around and kidnap Pokemon, but they're looking for Pokemon Legends.
Wait, wasn't that pretty much the exact same thing they did in the first game? Evil team with funny name tries to capture Legend Pokemon and you stop them... sounds familiar.
Old October 6, 2010, 04:12:04 PM
Landorus

Is it good? I'm hoping to get it for my b-day/xmas.
Old October 6, 2010, 04:16:37 PM
Regigigas

The game seems pretty good so far but i've never been the biggest "Ranger fan".
Old October 6, 2010, 04:56:59 PM
Joltik

Quote:
Is it good? I'm hoping to get it for my b-day/xmas.
This game is pretty fun and interesting. I got it on the day it came out; October 4th.

I am not a total Pokemon Ranger fan, but these games are pretty fun and have an exciting plot. Ukulele Pichu helps me the capturing agitated Pokemon. Heh heh. Even though, I thought "Pokemon Pinchers" sounds weird. I wish they named the team something else. It just sounds... strange. xD

Last edited by Nightlight; October 7, 2010 at 04:26:47 PM.
Old October 6, 2010, 07:04:51 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idno58 View Post
Wait, American release date or Japanese?
American, of course. The game came out in Japan back in March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
Wait, wasn't that pretty much the exact same thing they did in the first game? Evil team with funny name tries to capture Legend Pokemon and you stop them... sounds familiar.
Yeah. It's the same idea, but I don't think they're after a set of Legends. They start with Raikou, who is PISSED by it and attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightlight View Post

This game is pretty fun and interesting. I got it on the day it came out; October 4th.

I am not a total Pokemon Ranger fan, but these games are pretty fun and have an exciting plot. Ukulele Pichu helps me the agitated Pokemon. Heh heh. Even though, I thought "Pokemon Pinchers" sounds weird. I wish they named the team something else. It just sounds... strange. xD
I didn't start out a Ranger fan, but I guess I am. I agree, the "Pokemon Pinchers" aren't very threatening. I even made a joke about it to a friend about the next game having Pokemon Ticklers. XD I kind of wish they made the evil team focused around J from the anime. She does the same thing, kind of.

On a side note, this Ranger game is very kinky. XDD They have a LOT of references of being tied up.
Old October 7, 2010, 04:46:08 AM
Volcarona

I've only played Shadows of Almia, but i consider myself a fan of the ranger games. How are the battles in GS? Just as intense and epic?
Old October 7, 2010, 10:47:21 AM
Celebi

They're different but not too different. As Nightlight said before, they're are something called "agitated Pokemon", which are simply Pokemon too upset to be captured yet. If you use the Uklele Pichu, it helps them calm down, but a Pokemon's attack helps too. Instead of drawing the attack with your stylus, you're able to place the Pokemon on the field where ever you like, AND you can keep using the Pokemon even after the attack ended, however, if the Pokemon is hit by an attack, it'll run away.

Along with the Signs of the Legendary Pokemon, you can also get other Pokemon signs from Quests (I have so far). After rescuing some Graveller, I got their sign. Same with Jumpluff. I just thought they were cheap add-ons to keep the game going, but I realized you need these Pokemon. For example, I was in the ruins (I think) and I needed a Pokemon that could do a Crush with 2 power. I happen to have a Mightyena with me, so I didn't need Graveller (and I actually didn't figure this out until after I captured the Jumpluff). If you like the games even a little, it'll be something worth-while to play.
Old October 8, 2010, 04:09:21 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
On a side note, this Ranger game is very kinky. XDD They have a LOT of references of being tied up.
What kind of refernces?
Old October 8, 2010, 07:40:42 PM
Celebi

Basically the same phrase about "bound with a rope a smidgeon too tight" or something like that. After I rescued my partner, they don't say it anymore.
Old October 8, 2010, 08:06:51 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Basically the same phrase about "bound with a rope a smidgeon too tight" or something like that. After I rescued my partner, they don't say it anymore.
I wondered why they stopped once I rescued my partner
Old October 9, 2010, 09:03:45 AM
Zoroark

I too played the demo and recorded me winning with both demo sign Pokemon, Eevee and Croagunk and succeeded both times. I would get it mainly for the mission Pokemon that can be sent over to any 4th gen main DS game, but I don't have much friends in real life who play as much as me or who even play at all so no buy
Old October 9, 2010, 10:25:43 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricThePelipper View Post
but I don't have much friends in real life who play as much as me or who even play at all so no buy
Same here, but I don't punish myself...
Old October 14, 2010, 10:34:34 PM
Volcarona

I just got Guardian Signs yesterday and I finally get the kinky references, lol.

Smidgeons, Smidgeons everywhere...
Old October 15, 2010, 03:57:04 AM
Celebi

Lol, AnathemA, I love you. XD

I finished the game yesterday. Now to the after-story. Right now I'm freeing Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres.

If you have any problems, I can help you. :3 I know I had some tough times at certain parts.
Old October 15, 2010, 05:34:59 AM
Volcarona

"You're nice and dirty I see." - Booker

Screw smidgeons, this is my fave quote.

And yeah sure, il ask if i need any help, lol. Im in the pinchers submarine now, just about to fight Feraligator.

edit: I'm also amazed at how Pichu's song never gets annoying.

Last edited by AnathemA; October 15, 2010 at 05:37:45 AM.
Old October 15, 2010, 08:47:36 PM
Celebi

I'm amazed how Pichu is never injured! I love it!! Plus, I've gotten awesome at the Poke Assists. You need to wait until the Pokemon you're capturing does its attack, then place the Pokemon behind it. ^_^ It's sneaky, but fun. I LOVE Venusaur's Bullet Seed attack. It's so amusing.
Old October 15, 2010, 11:13:32 PM
Volcarona

I prefer the old assists :/ but I do love the new flying mode.
Old October 16, 2010, 06:24:21 AM
Celebi

I don't remember the old ones. D: I need to break out my Shadows of Almia game and check it out. I do remember I never really used them because they were so horrible.

I did find it amusing after beating the main story, "three months passed" and I still had the Pokemon I had when I beat the game. XD I bet Metang is like "Ugh... Let me go already!"
Old October 16, 2010, 06:29:34 AM
Volcarona

The old ones added a special ability to your capture line. Normal and Fighting would double and quad the power. While stuff like rock let you flick rocks at Pokemon (wow that sounded cruel..).

The new ones are okay I guess :/ I just dont like most of the grass ones, which require your to put your Pokemon RIGHT NEXT TO THE DAMN ENEMY to hit..

But anyway I should stop playing for a day before I get carpal tunnel. :S

edit: And now would be a great time to use the spoiler tag xD. I'm only about half way through.

Last edited by AnathemA; October 16, 2010 at 06:30:47 AM.
Old October 16, 2010, 06:49:07 AM
Celebi

Some Grass do suck. Venusaur doesn't. It uses a Bullet Seed and reaches all the way across the screen... The downside is that it's a straight line, so if you miss... you really miss. XD But, thanks for reminding me. I do like the new way. You don't have to draw any loops in order to capture the Pokemon. You can use PokeAssists until the meter gets to 0, then draw one little loop to complete the capture. xD Comes in handy when the Pokemon launches full field obsticles so you can't draw loops. >:3 It's "nice and dirty".
Old October 16, 2010, 07:08:51 AM
Volcarona

Apart from most of the grass ones, the only other ones I don't like are the straight line ones, and not-empoleon-bubble :/

Ah, if carpal tunnel dosen't stop me, I'm pretty I'll ragequit due to evil Claydol.

BTW - How mutilated is your touch screen?
Old October 16, 2010, 07:23:33 AM
Celebi

My DS's screen pretty much died with Animal Crossing... so I upgraded with a pretty pink DSi. And I use the + Control Pad. The stylus control is too iffy. And the Claydol was a little difficult. You just have to chance it when you run and hide out in the little safe spots until the coast is clear. The very last part is the trickiest, since I think three Claydol are shuffling around that door. x_x The worse part about that place... They're still there after you beat the game. Grr! I guess I'm grateful they're not that aggressive anymore.
Old October 16, 2010, 08:28:27 AM
Volcarona

I just got GS 2 days ago, and the latest anime episode is all about the Ranger from Guardian Signs. Well isnt that a nice coincidence..

But anyway.. I really should try and take a picture of my DS' screen. Its got a face that would make even a mother gag herself. Thank god for screen protectors.

Edit for anyone that reads this: If you thought the dialogie in the Ranger games was cheezy, go watch the latest english anime dub. I'm laughing harder than when I heard Seadra's cry in the anime.

2nd edit: Even Ash and co. dissaprove of Ranger Ben's. Thats how awesome the dialogue is.

Last edited by AnathemA; October 16, 2010 at 08:43:15 AM.
Old October 16, 2010, 01:38:23 PM
Celebi

Seadra: Doo-dooo!! :3 Love it.

I miss every Pokemon. It's on too damn early! I only catch them when they run all-day marathons.

I need to bank some Quests so I can upgrade my Stylus. :3 I need a longer line.
Old October 16, 2010, 03:52:26 PM
Keldeo

So, is this one good as the other two, I have the other two and I'm considering to get this one as well, regardless of how good or bad the gameplay is.
Old October 16, 2010, 04:14:07 PM
Celebi

IMO, it's better. You just have to play it to find out. With the new PokeAssists, the Bosses aren't really challenging, but overall, I was happy with the game.
Old October 16, 2010, 05:58:30 PM
Haxorus

It ius epic and i love how you can summon latios/ latias to help you fly instead of staraptor like in the other games, also suicune on water instead of flotzel and all that stuff. this game is just so much better than the other two.
Old October 16, 2010, 06:34:34 PM
Volcarona

I haven't got the latios sign yet :l. And you can watch the anime on YouTube. Just search for sinnoh league victors episode 20. About 15 people regularly upload episodes every week.
Old October 16, 2010, 07:07:49 PM
Celebi

Nice. Thanks.

I just found out you can supercharge the signs! XD I saw how to do it on YouTube. I need help capturing Togekiss and Honchkrow. x_x It sucks when you have the general location aka "the sky".
Old October 16, 2010, 09:00:09 PM
Volcarona

I always charge my signs when calling the beasts. Stops annoying pokemon from jumping at you. And yay honchkrow
Old October 16, 2010, 09:01:54 PM
Celebi

XD So I guess I was the only one that didn't know. I stopped reading what was said in the game when it took FOREVER to get into some action.
Old October 20, 2010, 04:59:56 PM
Regigigas

I have a question: how long do the events for these games usually last for? If I get this game at christmas, can I still get Deoxys and Manaphy?

Last edited by Sableyed; October 20, 2010 at 05:00:07 PM.
Old October 20, 2010, 05:05:29 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnathemA View Post
I haven't got the latios sign yet :l. And you can watch the anime on YouTube. Just search for sinnoh league victors episode 20. About 15 people regularly upload episodes every week.
did you get latias?
Old October 21, 2010, 05:36:34 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Trident11 View Post
did you get latias?
I'm playing as the male ranger, I'll get a Latios.

And i just came back from a 4 day school trip, gonna have to start playing again.
Old October 21, 2010, 01:48:14 PM
Haxorus

I need to beat the final boss now but i don't feel like beating the rest of the group before him
Old December 31, 2010, 07:34:47 AM
Joltik

Too lazy to read all posts, but I did see you say I punish myself -.-, you need to chill…
I got the game recently and am doing a walkthrough on YouTube, the easiest ranger game to get into and the best of the 3 so far. If I were to rank the Ranger series games in order from best to worst it'd go; 3, 1, 2.
Old January 23, 2011, 09:49:20 PM
Keldeo

I'm sorry, but is Ranger 3 easier or harder than Ranger 2?
Old January 25, 2011, 09:16:35 AM
Regigigas

I personally found it easier, the only two Pokemon that put me in danger of losing were the final boss and one of the bosses right before the final boss (the former nearly defeated me, since I didn't realize while recharging your styler, a Pokemon could be knocked out, having never needed to do it until that point, so I finished with around 11 out of 100-something power on my styler. The latter brought me to around half my styler energy.)

HOWEVER, the past multiplayer missions are extremely difficult without any other players to take them on with you. I'm currently stuck on Abomasnow. I had to speed up my loop-forming so much that I'm now able to wear down boss Pokemon's Anger guage without using an assist (though Abomasnow is too difficult, even with the increased speed. I physically can't go any faster, so my only option is to try powering up my partner Pokemon and styler).

Ranger 2 was a great game, I only ever had trouble with Heatran and Cresselia, but I found the boss battles interesting, at least. Plus, there was a 3-way boss fight near the end, which was really awesome. Ranger 2 is probably my favourite, but I really like the other two for different reasons.

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; January 25, 2011 at 09:17:25 AM.