Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 25, 2009, 11:44:23 AM
Administrator

Default Why Ruby & Sapphire Won't Be Remade

Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire versions likely will not receive a remake due to unnecessity.

Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire versions were released in late 2002 to Japan and in early 2003 to North America. Other regions soon followed. The pair of games were the first main-series Pokémon games to be released on the Game Boy Advance. Over the next few years, FireRed and LeafGreen (remakes of the original Red and Green) were released to allow people to easily complete their new National Pokédex, when paired up with the GameCube title, Pokémon Colosseum.

Once Diamond and Pearl hit shelves, hackers immediately found hidden data for "Johto" region. This implied Gold and Silver may have been receiving remakes. The ability to transfer third generation data through Pal Park into Diamond and Pearl meant that the previous bunch of Pokémon wouldn't be left behind. With HeartGold and SoulSilver, Pal Park is still possible and Ruby/Sapphire can still be transferred forward.

Now, all four regions can connect and the Pokémon can all be sent to the same game (albeit a fourth generation game). One of the main reasons for HeartGold and SoulSilver receiving a remake was because they were the only generation that couldn't be connected. Now that all of them can, there is no real reason to remake Ruby & Sapphire, even if there is a fifth generation.
Old October 25, 2009, 12:17:18 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Why Ruby & Sapphire Won't Be Remade

Who the eff says there will be Ruby Sapphire remakes? IT MAKES NO SENSE

Crazy idea: New generations instead of constantly remaking the old ones.
Old October 25, 2009, 12:20:23 PM
Administrator

I don't know. I didn't copy that from anywhere, either. It's just my reply to the noobs on GameFAQs saying that it will happen.
Old October 25, 2009, 12:26:18 PM
Shaymin

It won't be remade, but that doesn't mean the Hoenn region won't be thrown in as another region in a fifth gen game, a la Kanto in the second gen.

I dunno, I just think it'd be cool to see Hoenn rendered in 3-D like Johto, Sinnoh, and Kanto are, even though the possibility of it making a future appearance is relatively nil.
Old October 25, 2009, 01:42:29 PM
Rayquaza

That stuff about in game info in DPPt and PBR about Johto was fake BTW all pokemon from Johto are actually from a far away place.
Old October 25, 2009, 01:47:04 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12
That stuff about in game info in DPPt and PBR about Johto was fake BTW all pokemon from Johto are actually from a far away place.
It wasn't fake. And only event Pokemon are from Faraway Place. There's data in 3rd Gen games for Pokemon recieved from Johto. Pics and evidence can be seen on Bulbapedia.
Old October 25, 2009, 01:55:12 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdhlite
Quote:
It wasn't fake. And only event Pokemon are from Faraway Place. There's data in 3rd Gen games for Pokemon recieved from Johto. Pics and evidence can be seen on Bulbapedia.
When was the last time you checked that on bulbapedia?

Ask cat he has Soul Silver he can settle this.
Old October 25, 2009, 01:58:32 PM
Administrator

Pokémon traded from SoulSilver to Pearl appear as something that isn't Johto. I'll have to check.
Old October 25, 2009, 02:25:25 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdhlite
Quote:
When was the last time you checked that on bulbapedia?

Ask cat he has Soul Silver he can settle this.
I actually checked it a few days ago... There's a picture of a Chikorita from Johto, alongside the same Chikorita from Faraway Place.
Old October 25, 2009, 02:26:01 PM
Kyurem

What about Pokemon Emerald. I think to Hoenn region should get remade. I mean 32-bit is good, but the other newer versions are better.
Old October 25, 2009, 02:27:24 PM
Administrator

Of course they're better, but like I said above, I'm not sure if it would be a logical decision.
Old October 31, 2009, 11:32:16 AM
Giratina

R/S remakes are definitely a no-no, but maybe they'll do what they did with Kanto in G/S/C, make it an extra region! Though that's still very unlikely...
And Magmaster, there is data for Johto in DPPt, but it wasn't used. If you trade anything between HG/SS and D/P/Pt, you'll get 'Faraway place', but I've looked through the text myself and found that Johto is under a list of places such as 'faraway place' and 'Hoenn'.

A bit off-topic, but I'm liking this wood theme!
Old November 10, 2009, 09:27:39 PM
Volcarona

I think R/S re-makes would be a waste of money on Nintendo's and the Consumers part.
Not only because of the connecting deal like cat mentioned, but the music and graphics aren't old, and those games won't randomly become corrupt and unplayable like R/B/G and G/S did.
Old November 15, 2009, 04:13:13 PM
Haxorus

Thats true...*Time travels too the future*
__________________________________________________ _______________________________
Cat:BUIZEL!!
Me:What?
Cat:OMG! LOOK! THERES A RUBY/SAPPHIRE REMAKE!
Me:ORLY?!
__________________________________________________ _______________________________
But thats true, there would be no reason to remake R/S, it wouldn't make much sense
Old November 16, 2009, 03:58:52 PM
Regigigas

It would be pretty sweet if they did because R/S had the best story out of the first 3 by making the legendaries have some kind of tie with the game itself. But facing this logic, then it would be most likely they won't make a remake.
Old November 17, 2009, 05:04:02 PM
Shaymin

Actually now that I think on it, if you didn't have a way to patch your RS' Berry Glitch, they could die randomly on you. (The Berry Glitch is somewhat similar to GSC's dying battery, except it just renders timebased events useless. Most commonly, berries quit growing.)
Old November 17, 2009, 10:02:58 PM
Administrator

I remember not caring about the glitch way back when I heard about it being patchable when I got LeafGreen. But I figured I might as well fix it when I had them linked up for trade anyway.
Old January 5, 2010, 12:53:31 PM
Servine

Hmmm, my personal opinion, is.

Gold, Silver, and Crystal, they feel old.

Red, Blue, and Yellow, they feel very old.

Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald? They feel very new. They don't even feel outdated in any way, maybe it's due to the technology? Not sure.

In any case, I don't think it's worth remaking because it doesn't even have the look or mechanics of being outdated.

~Chris
Old January 5, 2010, 01:56:55 PM
Zoroark

I think certain games need to be released before any kind of a remake like that could ever be considered.

First, we'll get another adventure RPG for the Nintendo (excluding Pokepark) that is similar to the Colloseum series (perhaps another new region with previews of new Pokemon).

Then a new game will come out for the 5th generation (though you can't help but wonder if new Pokemon will even be considered now). If a 5th generation comes out, the last step will probably be a final jump to 3-D for Pokemon on the DS (namely more of a visual representation of battles like in the Stadium games).

Then the slight possibility of a remake of Ruby and Sapphire will happen; however, as Cat said, it is very naive to expect it when Palpark hurts its chances.
Old January 5, 2010, 02:04:51 PM
Giratina

I now think that we'll get something like:
Pokémon LOL: Wave of Distortion (Sequel to Pokémon XD)
Pokémon Mercury/Xenon (Generation 5)
Pokémon Gleaming Ruby/Sparkling Sapphire (After Nintendo release their next handheld, with full 3D, head-tracking and motion-sensing)
Old January 5, 2010, 04:45:04 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Pokémon Mercury/Xenon (Generation 5)
Pokémon Gleaming Ruby/Sparkling Sapphire (After Nintendo release their next handheld, with full 3D, head-tracking and motion-sensing)
I lol'd (pardon the pun)

Hoenn may or may not reappear. The question is, if it does, will it be in a remake? Or will it be in a new game? Personally, I understand that it would be irrational to make a remake while the current hardware we have exists. Once we get a new console, or when DS Lites stop being pushed and DSi's become mainstream, a remake may be plausible.
Old January 6, 2010, 07:45:46 AM
Rayquaza

I am sure that we will see Hoenn in 3-D. However, if there is no a Hoenn remake, then we might see it in the 5th generation itself!
Old January 6, 2010, 12:12:15 PM
Giratina

Although there's a weak chance of remaking the Hoenn region, I would still love to see such a game in the near future. Emerald has one of the best plots, in my opinion.
Old January 6, 2010, 07:03:10 PM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Oh come on, that joke is way too old.

And I agree with some of the above posters, I'd love to see Hoenn return. Just maybe, have a different story, making new stories?

~Chris
Old January 9, 2010, 01:33:54 PM
Regigigas

Idk, hoenn still seems a bit new. I bet if they make a new hoenn, it would be compatible with the 5th or 6th gen, if they make em
Old January 9, 2010, 01:45:30 PM
Floatzel

I would like R/S remakes. Sure, they're not needed, but I think it would be cool to use a touch screen PokeNav.
Old February 15, 2010, 06:09:18 AM
Regigigas

I really liked Hoenn. It's way underrated. After all, it DID introduce Double Battles, mind you.

Quote:
Remove the 'lol' part and it sounds pretty cool.

Speaking of berry glitches, I played the Ruby I gave to my friend recently, and I got the time-based event notice. I lol'ed.
Old February 15, 2010, 06:56:30 AM
Joltik

It's too bad hat they probably won't be remade. The RSE games had my favorite region layout, soundtrack, and characters. All I can say is that hopefully we have a few more generations of Pokemon
Old February 16, 2010, 06:33:52 PM
Giratina

Ahh, this really sucks. Although it does make sense...

Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald were definitely the games that I played the most so it's not a good think for me to discover that they probably won't be remade.
Old February 17, 2010, 06:44:28 PM
Zoroark

R/S/E was a good region, home of my fav pokemon, Absol.. The story is alright, so why not?
Old February 17, 2010, 06:50:34 PM
Giratina

Why not remake? Ehh, did you read the post? Because it is explained quite well right there.

The only reasons to remake it are to have it on the DS and to get some even better graphics, although they are good enough and quite unique in the first place.
Old February 17, 2010, 11:23:50 PM
Kyurem

The 5th generation better have a story line like emerald did where the legends fight each other
Old February 18, 2010, 04:48:30 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
The 5th generation better have a story line like emerald did where the legends fight each other
(Attempts to find out what he means and then grasps it 5 seconds later)

I agree. It'd be AWESOME if they put THAT in the game.

If they do make 3rd Gen remakes, it had better be like Emerald. I remember getting it, like, half a decade ago, and I remember it being the most cutting-edge game with the best sprites of that time. Before that, it was definitely Grandia. The voices were terrible in Grandia, but hey, the game was awesome, and that was all I cared about.

...I think I just turned into Dena from "Pixels as Big as Cats!"