Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing > Animé-Style Battling > Battles

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 22, 2011, 02:17:30 PM
Kyurem

Default Aquablast vs Alakazamaster

Battle Style - Single Battle; 2 Pokemon each.
Disqualification Time - 7 Days
Damage Cap - 100
Restrictions - No OHKO Moves, One Chill.
Arena - Phantom Lake
See Phantom Lake is a special arena that make Dark and Water Pokemon stronger. Pokemon are more like to flinch on that arena.
Ref - Open

1 - Aquablast, your Pokemon please.
2 - Ala, your Pokemon and moves.
3 - Aqua, your moves.

Last edited by Shiny; September 24, 2011 at 01:04:42 AM.
Old September 22, 2011, 04:11:32 PM
Kyurem

[i herd u liek me]
[Mudkip - Male]
Ability: Damp

Last edited by Shiny; September 22, 2011 at 04:13:41 PM. Reason: Remember: Ala has to post before you post your moves.
Old September 24, 2011, 04:45:16 AM
Kyurem

Go Topaz!

(M)
Ability: Magic Guard

Topaz, immediately go ahead and set up a Calm Mind. On the second turn, if Mudkip starts to attack physically, then go ahead and use Psyshock, but if he uses any sort of set-up move or special move then use Light Screen instead.

Calm Mind~Psyshock/Light Screen

Last edited by Alakazamaster; September 25, 2011 at 11:50:49 AM.
Old September 24, 2011, 04:54:39 AM
Kyurem

I will use Hydro Pump, then use Ice Beam.

Hydro Pump ~ Ice Beam

Last edited by Shiny; September 24, 2011 at 06:41:09 AM. Reason: Ordered three moves, when you can only order two.
Old September 24, 2011, 02:56:08 PM
Regigigas

I'm claiming this round. The results are soon to come.
Old September 24, 2011, 04:24:55 PM
Regigigas

Default ROUND 1 Results

Current Statuses
i herd u liek me

Status: So I heard something... Oooh, the lake feels nice! +1 Atk, +1 Sp. Atk
HP: 100
Energy: 100

Topaz

There's the horn, and over on the right side of the lake, Topaz is floating gently in the air, and I can see some rays of golden light emanating from him. I think he's a little more focused mentally, but you can never really tell with Abra...
(Result: Topaz +1 Sp Atk, +1 Sp Def, 4 Energy from Topaz)

Impatiently eager to get things started, the little mudkip we all know as i herd u liek takes a huge gulp of the water at his feet, primes himself, and wo-hoah! I did not expect such a giant blast of water to come from such a little guy. I can tell that the wall of water shook Topaz up quite a bit, but looking to the other side, it also seems like that attack took more than just a little energy out of i herd u liek.
(Chance Roll= 370(800)/1000. Result: 14 Damage to Topaz, 10 Energy from i herd u liek)

Topaz takes a moment to concentrate...or, whatever it's doing, anyway... Now there's more light coming from Topaz, but this time, I can see a golden-yellow shield around Topaz. Ah, Light Screen! That's going to do wonders for him while it lasts.
(Result: Topaz temporarily up to +3 Sp Def, 4 Energy from Topaz)

Across the lake, i herd u liek wastes no time and prepares to launch his next attack- Opening his mouth up wide, I can see a glimmering white light coming from inside, and Ssssshoop! A laser like Ice Beam comes out gunning for Topaz. Another direct hit! That Light Screen should have guarded Topaz, but there was just something about that attack that made it so much more powerful, and sure enough-- That Abra is frozen solid! Again, though, i herd u liek seems to have used up a fair amount of energy pulling that off.
(Chance Roll= 8/1000. Result: CRITICAL HIT! (Chance roll 1-62/1000) 11 Damage to Topaz. Topaz is now FROZEN! (Chance roll between 1-100/1000), 10 Energy from i herd u liek)

Round End Statuses
i herd u liek me

Energy: 80

Topaz

HP: 75
Energy: 92

ROUND 2
Aqua, your moves first this time.
Ala, give your commands next. Note that for both of the commands you give Topaz, there is a 20% chance of it thawing (Chance roll of 1-200/1000)

Last edited by SyracuvatTenlii; September 24, 2011 at 04:38:28 PM.
Old September 25, 2011, 06:03:27 AM
Kyurem

Let's go for the win, Rock Slide. Then use another Ice Beam.
Old September 25, 2011, 06:56:48 AM
Kyurem

Topaz you do not deserve this! I can't leave you as a sitting duck. Topaz, return! Go Smoochum!

(F)
Ability: Hydration
+2 Sp.Def (Light Screen)

Now that you are out, show off your Heal Bell and save Topaz from staying frozen for the rest of the battle!

Heal Bell

Last edited by Alakazamaster; September 25, 2011 at 12:16:34 PM.
Old September 25, 2011, 01:02:45 PM
Kyurem

i herd u liek me

Energy: 80
Rock Slide~Ice Beam

Calypso

Heal Bell

Topas was frozen in the center of the battle. He was unable to move, and just suffered a critical hit! His master, Alakazamster, decided he had enough. He brought a Pokeball and aimed it at Topaz. A red beam of light shot out, absorbing the Abra into the ball.
He then brought out another Pokeball. Ala threw the Pokeball at the ground, releasing Calypso, the Smoochum.
(Smoochum switched out for Abra)

Mudkip started running around the lake. He was looking for something, But what was it?
Mudkip seemed to be getting paranoid. He was ordered to use Rock Slide, but there was no source of rocks near the lake. Just trees and grass.
Oh no!
He thought.
(Mukdip: -8 Energy; Move failed. No rocks to slide)

The little Smoochum chuckled. She enjoyed watching the Mudkip overreact at such a blessing.
She closed here eyes, releasing her Psychic energy. Above her, something was forming. it was... a bell!
The bell was light pink and sparkled. It chimed once.. and then twice. The bell's soft chimes reached Ala's Pokeball, healing Topaz of his frozen status!
(Smoochum: -7 Energy)

I herd u liek me ran towards the lake. He opened his mouth, absorbing water from the lake. The water touched his mouth, instantly freezing!
Soon a large ball of ice formed in his mouth. It was cold too the touch, and gave Mudkip the shivers.
At last, he released it. A huge beam of ice swept across the lake, hitting Calypso. Luckily, the Light Screen absorbed most of the damage, hardly hurting her at all.
(Mudkip: -10 Energy Smoochum: -2 Health)

i herd u liek me

Energy: 62

Calypso

HP: 98
Energy: 93

Ref Notes:
Rock Slide failed; no source of rocks to slide.
Ice Beam's accuracy roll was 57, with 1-100 hitting,

Ala, your moves please.

Last edited by Shiny; September 25, 2011 at 01:14:36 PM.
Old September 25, 2011, 01:16:43 PM
Kyurem

(F)

Calypso, now that you are out and ready go ahead and use Sing! If it hits then follow up Dream Eater. If Sing does not work, then use Psychic.

Sing~Dream Eater/Psychic
Old September 25, 2011, 05:15:53 PM
Kyurem

i herd u liek me

Let's use Rain Dance. Then use Hydro Pump.
Old September 25, 2011, 09:38:19 PM
Regigigas

i herd u liek me

Calypso

HP: 98

As the battle continued, I realized why it's a good thing I'm in a sound-proof box. Calypso softly closed her eyes and appeared to be Singing, and sure enough, on the other side of the field, i herd u liek me was hearing the intoxicating melody. A few moments later, it plopped on the ground and was snoring.
(Accuracy Roll: 7/1000, 1-550 succeeds. RESULT: i herd u liek me is now ASLEEP!. 4 Energy from Calypso; Arena Roll: 549/1000, i herd u liek me will be asleep for 3 turns)

i herd u liek me continued to sleep.
(1 turn has elapsed. The maximum number of turns i herd can sleep is 5, but he could wake up as early as next turn)

Calypso opened her eyes, observed the fruit of her labor, grinned evilly, and glared at the sleeping mudkip. A black cloud appeared around i herd u liek me, and he started twitching and flailing in his sleep. The black cloud then rose from i herd u liek and floated over to Calypso. Kissing the black puff, she absorbed its contents and regained the small amount of health she lost.
(Accuracy Roll: 856/1000, 1-1000 hits. RESULT: 12 damage to i herd u liek me, Calypso's HP is fully restored, 6 Energy from Calypso)

i herd u liek me remained in a deep sleep.
(2 turns have elapsed)

i herd u liek me

HP: 88

Calypso

Energy: 83

ROUND 3
Aqua, your moves first,
Ala, you follow.

Last edited by SyracuvatTenlii; September 26, 2011 at 03:21:22 PM.
Old September 27, 2011, 11:12:19 AM
Kyurem

I am switching with Blaze aka Quilava. I am using Flamethrower.
Old September 27, 2011, 02:08:17 PM
Kyurem

(F)

Hmm, a Fire-type could be dangerous. Calypso, as Mudkip switches out, use Rain Dance to take that Flamethrower with ease! After that, hit Quilava with your Water Pulse!

Rain Dance~Water Pulse

Last edited by Alakazamaster; September 27, 2011 at 02:59:17 PM.
Old September 27, 2011, 03:28:34 PM
Kyurem

i herd u liek me

HP: 88

Calypso

Calypso started dancing gracefully around the lake. She seemed to be stirring up a commotion in the water with her feet. The lake's water started to stir, as if something was moving it. Cloud started to come in near the sky. There was many of them, each a dark gray color.
Plop. A small raindrop hit Calypso. Soon more rain was falling, wetting the whole lake and nearby land.
(Smoochum: -7 Energy; Rain for 5 turns.)

Aquablast brought out a small red Pokeball. He knew his Mudkip wouldn't stand much longer asleep. He aimed the ball at the frozen Mudkip.
A beam of red energy shot out at i herd u liek, absorbing his energy into the ball.
Aqua then brought out another Pokeball. He aimed it at the ground, releasing Blaze, the Quilava.
(Growlithe subbed for Mudkip)

Calypso knew that this flaming weasel could hurt her bad. She'd have to get rid of 'im before he got rid of her. She started absorbing water from the lake into her hand. This water helped her create a ball of aqua.
Calypso launched this pulse of water, crashing into Blaze with a great force!
(Smoochum: -12 Energy Growlithe: -14 Health; Rain for 4 more turns)

Blaze certainly didn't like this. Water was certainly bad for him, but with it raining and boosting Water attacks, this was even worse. Blaze cringed as the droplets of water hit him, steaming on his hot fur.
Blaze started sucking in air for his fire attack. A small ball of fire formed in his mouth. This ball would normally be bigger, but the rain reduced most of its size, turning it all into smoke.
Blaze then shot out a long beam of flames at Calypso. It hit her, but it was nothing but a mere singe on her hair.
(Quilava: -7 Energy Smoochum: -6 Health; Rain for 3 more turns.)

Blaze

HP: 86

Calypso

HP: 94
Energy: 64

Ala, your moves.

Last edited by Shiny; September 27, 2011 at 04:09:14 PM.
Old September 28, 2011, 12:08:04 PM
Kyurem

(F)

Calypso, if Blaze uses any sort of support move, then set up a Nasty Plot to boost your Sp.Atk! If Blaze goes on the offense, then use Calm Mind instead. Either way, be sure to follow up with another Water Pulse!

Nasty Plot/Calm Mind~Water Pulse

Last edited by Alakazamaster; September 28, 2011 at 12:08:16 PM.
Old September 28, 2011, 05:15:42 PM
Kyurem

Quilava use Flame Wheel then use Flamethrower.
Old October 2, 2011, 01:36:58 PM
Kyurem

Blaze

HP: 86
Flame Wheel~Flamethrower

Calypso

Status: Ya want more? Teehee~ +2 Sp Def Rain for 3 more turns
HP: 94
Energy: 64
Nasty Plot/Calm Mind

Calypso was starting to notice that Blaze was growing a dark orange. She knew this would give him power for an attack, and she would have to ditch all the nasty thinking.
She closed her eyes, clearing her mind of all worries, thoughts, and dreams. Her mind was empty and dark, which caused her spirit to slow down and calm itself.
She then broke from the trance, with the SP ATK and SP DEF raised.
(Smoochum -4 Energy; Rain for 2 more turns +1 SP ATK +1 SP DEF)

Quilava started running around in the rain. He knew that if he just stood in place, his warm aura would be gone with the rain. He had to keep up his speed, his flames blazing all over his body. Despite all the effort he put into this, the flames were weak from the falling rain and damp ground.
Running towards Calypso, he turned himself into a round wheel, flying straight towards her. She was hit by Blaze, but just hsook off the small little flames.
(Quilava: -7 Energy Smoochum: -4 Health)

Smoochum giggled at this flamign weasel. His flames were smoking and he could hardly do anything to her in the rain. Using th nearby rain and lake water, she started forming a pulsing ball of water in her hand. This ball was also infused with psychic energy, which could perhaps confuse the target. She aimed at Blaze, launching the pulse of water at full speed towards him. He tried to run, but was too slow.
He was a hit hard by a large blast of water!
(Smoochum: -10 Energy; Rain for 1 more turn Quilava: -14 Health; confused for 5 turns)

Blaze's head was spinning. He didn't know what happened. Everything around him was spinning. The trees, the lake, the water.
Wha`? I was supposed to Tackle that tree, right?
No, no it was Flamethrower.
aNo, stupid! My flames are weak, I have to go and tackle that large tree!

Quilava argued with himself for the longest time. At last, he came to a decision. he started charging at the large tree beside the lake.
Whack!
He hit it hard, sending him onto the floor with a big bump on his forehead.
(Quilava: -3 Energy -4 Health; CONFUSED for 4 more turns.)

Blaze

HP: 68

Calypso

Status: Look at the wittle silly weasel. +3 SP DEF +1 SP ATK; Rain for 1 more turn.
HP: 90
Energy: 50

Ref Notes:
Flame Wheel's accuracy roll was 81, with 1-100 hitting.
Water Pulse's accuracy roll was 96, with 1-100 hitting.
Water Pulse's confusion roll was 19, with 1-20 resulting in confusion.
Flamethrower's confusion roll was 57, with 1-50 working.

Aqua, your moves please.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; October 2, 2011 at 01:52:53 PM. Reason: 86 - 18 = 68
Old October 2, 2011, 03:11:12 PM
Kyurem

Just try to use Wild Charge and Flamethrower.

Last edited by Aquablast; October 3, 2011 at 12:26:51 PM.
Old October 9, 2011, 08:08:40 AM
Kyurem

(F)
Hydration

Calypso, taking that Wild Charge should not be a problem, so take it in and then counter with some Psychic! After that, do yourself a favor and Protect to avoid that Flamethrower.

Psychic~Protect
Old October 13, 2011, 05:38:04 PM
Kyurem

Blaze

HP: 68
Wild Charge~Flamethrower

Calypso

Status: Look at the wittle silly weasel. +3 SP DEF +1 SP ATK; Rain for 1 more turn.
Energy: 50
Psychic~Protect

Calypso stared at Blaze. He was stumbling all over the field, trying to keep his balance. What the heck was he doing?
She just shrugged at him, getting ready to attack. She brought both hands to her head, channeling her psychic energy in her mind. She sent a wave of psychic energy at Quilava. This energy brought him up from the battlefield, swinging him around, throwing him, slamming him, and distorting his image,
Smoochum: -9 Energy; Rain gone Quilava: -11 Health

Quilava was trying to battle this major headache going on. He could hear voices in his head arguing. His mind was suffering real bad.
He got ready to attack, shrouding his body in an electrical cloak. He ran towards Calypso, ready to slam into her. But right at the last moment, the voices in his head started disputing.
What? No. You're supposed to us Thunderbolt!
Haha! I can't even learn Thunderbolt you dimwit!
What did you call me?!
I called you a dimwit, dimwit!

The electricity surrounding him grew stronger and stronger, eventually becoming uncontrollable. He gasped as he lost control, electricity shocking his whole body.
Quilava: -7 Energy -5 Health; CONFUSED for 3 more turns

Calypso giggled at Blaze. She was enjoying the sight of this little weasel arguing with himself.
He seemed real agitated now, and she knew his next attack would be of great strength. She prepared herself by channeling her psychic energy again, this time forming a small dome around her.
Smoochum: -7 Energy; PROTECTED FROM NEXT MOVE

Blaze was real aggravated now. He couldn't believe that he would let those stupid voices argue in his head, messing with his mind.
He started charging a ball of flame in his mouth. This ball grew intense with red and orange embers all around it. He shot a beam of flames at Calypso.
The flames hit the Smoochum, engulfing her in flames.

Blaze grinned at his success, but when the flames were gone he gasped in horror!
The Smoochum was unharmed, protected by her dome!
Quilava: -6 Energy; CONFUSED for 2 more turns

Blaze

HP: 52
Energy: 70

Calypso

Energy: 34

Ref Notes:
Psychic's accuracy roll was 38, with 1-100 hitting.
Wild Charge's confusion roll was 76, with 1-50 working.
Protect's accuracy roll was 58 with 1-100 hitting.
Flamethrower's confusion roll was 17, with 1-50 working.

Aquablast, your moves please.
Old October 15, 2011, 06:00:24 PM
Kyurem

Blaze use Fire Blast then Flamethrower.
Old October 23, 2011, 01:25:31 PM
Kyurem

Calpso, much like last turn, go ahead and Psychic! If the rain is still around then use Rest, that way you will wake up instantly because of Hydration. If the rain is gone, though, then use Rain Dance to bring it back out.

Psychic~Rest/Rain Dance
Old October 28, 2011, 05:10:43 PM
Kyurem

Blaze

HP: 52
Energy: 70
Fire Blast~Flamethrower

Calypso

Status: Look at the wittle silly weasel. +3 SP DEF +1 SP ATK;
Energy: 34
Psychic~Rest/Rain Dance

Calypso shut her eyes closed. She was steadying her psychic energy for her next attack. She brought out her hands in front of her, channeling pink, psychic energy through them.
She then opened her eyes, sending this energy towards Blaze. Blaze was launched back by this energy, landing on his back. Calypso then went on to levitate this weasel with her telekinetic powers. Of course, she was feeling awful cunning today, and began messing around with him.
She threw him against trees around the lake, and dropped him from various heights, damaging him both mentally and physically.
Smoochum: -9 Energy Quilava: -11 Health

Blaze brought himself up from the floor. Although he was hurt, he was still alright. He seemed to tense up his muscles, causing the flames on his back to grow stronger. Blaze started forming a small ring of fire around himseklf. This fire engulfed his body, causing him to be covered with orange-red flames all over.
He then proceeded to charge at Calypso who was on the other side of the field. She didn't know what to do, and contemplated ways to mess with his attack.
Suddenly, Blaze changed his direction. The voices in his head were messing with him again.
You need to attack the lake, you dolt! The lake?! Why would I attack the lake?!
Because I said so! Are you going to challenge my authority!
Oh, shut up! You have none!
That's not what your mother said, though! Hahaha!
Oh, very mature, Mr. Idiocy.

But Blaze wasn't going to give up just yet! He overcame his disputing thoughts and tackled Calypso, setting her ablaze.
Quilava: -9 Energy; CONFUSED for 1 more turn Calypso: -16 Health

Calypso arose from the blast of fire. Her hair was singed, and she could feel burns on her body, but she was otherwise alright. She had a feeling this Quilava would continue to abuse her weakness to fire, so she decided to take some precautions.
She began dancing on the field, swaying her hands in the air, her feet tapping on the floor. This dance was slow and loud, causing dark, black clouds to form in the sky. These clouds started rumbling, sending raindrops to hit the floor.
Smoochum: -7 Energy; RAIN for 5 turns

Blaze cringed and shuddered as he felt the rain hit him, causing smoke to form on him. Blaze was starting to form a fireball in his mouth, but the rain continued to douse it, causing it to grow smaller.
Using all his might, Blaze shot out a beam of fire at Calypso. But, his efforts proved to be futile, and the flamethrower was a measly attack.
Quilava: -6 Energy Smoochum: -5 Health; CONFUSION gone

Blaze

HP: 41
Energy: 55

Calypso

HP: 69
Energy: 18

Ref Notes:
Psychic's accuracy roll was 94, with 1-100 hitting.
Fire Blast's confusion roll was 19, with 1-42 hitting.
Flamethrower's accuracy roll was 48, with 1-50 hitting.
Ala, your moves please.
Old November 2, 2011, 04:06:28 PM
Kyurem

Ala, you have 2 days to post your moves, or else you'll be disqualified.
Old November 3, 2011, 03:32:47 PM
Kyurem

Smoochum, that energy of yours is running low... go ahead and Chill! Right after that, go all out! Psychic on Quilava!

Chill~Psychic
Old November 4, 2011, 11:24:58 AM
Kyurem

Flame start with Fire Blast. Then use Flamethrower.

Fire Blast ~ Flamethrower
Old November 5, 2011, 03:48:43 PM
Kyurem

Blaze

HP: 41
Energy: 55

Calypso

HP: 69
Energy: 18

Calypso could feel herself getting weak as her body and mind grew tired. This battle was proving to be longer than she expected, but she knew she'd have to beat this flaming weasel.
She brought herself on the floor, closing her eyes as she began to rest.
Calypso: +6 Energy; Rain for 4 more turns

Blaze's flames soon started blazing in the harsh rain, sending the sound of smoke and singes through the air. The rain was causing his flames to minimize, and he needed them to attack.
He began by engulfing himself in another blanket of flames. Though, this time the flames were relatively weak from the rain. He tried to keep them ablaze, but no matter what, they would stay the same small size.
Blaze decided to just deal with it. He rushed towards Calypso, a trail of embers and smoke following him. He seemed to be faster than before, and felt like this time he would be stronger.
But as he was phasing into his thoughts, he tripped on a large rock popping from the ground he hadn't seen. He tripped, sending him flying through the air, then faceplanting on the ground.
Quilava: -9 Energy

Calypso awoke from her nap in good spirits. She was surprised that she wasn't attacked by her opponent's lethal fire. She got up from the ground, looking for Blaze. She couldn't find him for a while, but at last, she found him on the floor, face down. He seemed to be there, stunned from his "trip".
She saw this as the perfect time to hurt the vulnerable Pokemon. She picked him up with her psychic powers.
She was careful not to awake him until the right time. She seemed to playing around with him, sending messages and thoughts into his unconscious state. When she saw him waking up, she knew this was the perfect time.
She sent him slamming against a large boulder, his back aching. She did this a couple of times until she grew tired of it and dropped him in the lake.
Smoochum: -9 Energy; Rain for 3 more turns Quilava: -12 Health

Blaze crawled out of the lake drenched, shaking off the water from his fur. He was real angry right now, and his pure rage caused his flames to grow back. He was seriously ready to hurt that Smoochum now.
He began forming a small ball of fire in his mouth. Much like the previous attack, this ball of fire was smaller than usual, complementary of the rain.
Once he felt like he was ready, he sent a beam of flames towards Calypso. She didn't see this coming and gasped as the flames engulfed her fragile body!
Quilava: -6 Energy Smoochum: -5 Health

Blaze

HP: 29
Energy: 40

Calypso

HP: 64
Energy: 15

Ref Notes:
Fire Blast's accuracy roll was 93, with 1-85 hitting.
Psychic's accuracy roll was83, with 1-100 hitting.
Flamethrower's accuracy roll was 59, with 1-100 hitting.

Aqua, your moves please.
Old November 6, 2011, 05:16:35 PM
Kyurem

Use Wild Charge. Then if you ain't died use Flamethrower.

Wild Charge ~ Flamethrower
Old November 14, 2011, 01:01:33 PM
Kyurem

To be fair, my host family's internet has been shaky at best, which is why I have made only 2 posts in the last week. Here's to hoping this one gets accepted!

Smoochum, your energy is low, so let's go all out! Psyshock at first, and if you have more in you then go ahead and Water Pulse!

Psyshock~Water Pulse

Last edited by Alakazamaster; November 14, 2011 at 01:12:34 PM. Reason: GRAMMAR >:O
Old November 14, 2011, 03:05:08 PM
Kyurem

Though unsure whether Shiny will accept your 1-day-late post, I'll ref it for now.

Aquablast

Blaze
Quilava - M
Flash Fire
HP: 29
Energy: 40

Alakazamaster

Calypso
Smoochum - F
Hydration
HP: 64
Energy: 15

With a major disadvantage due to the rain, Blaze was relatively deterred from using any Fire-type moves. After all, his fire moves' damage would be cut. However, it was time to go for broke. Blaze began to charge an electrical energy within his own body. Soon enough, a spark! Blaze quickly dashed towards his enemy, not caring if anything got in his way. He began to become quicker, and quicker, and quicker, until finally he slammed into his opponent with full force! Calypso was knocked backwards, but the damage was not to be worried. However, Blaze was slowly losing his orientation. Wild Charge had damaged himself as well, and with lowering health and energy, each little attack took its toll on the weakened Quilava.
(Smoochum: -9 Health, Quilava: -6 Energy, -2 Health as recoil)

Calypso eventually regained orientation, but her vision was fuzzy at best. She could make out the Quilava, but it came out as a strange dark blue fuzzball. The rain didn't exactly help her sight either, but it was time to go bold or go home. Within her hands, several small cells of psychic energy began to swirl. These cells slowly got larger and larger until they were large and moving sporadically. It seemed to take a great deal of effort to keep the cells contained within her hands, so she fired away as soon as possible. The cells slammed right into Blaze sending him into the air and back down again. Massive damage had been dealt, but Calypso collapsed in accordance to the attack - she was down for the count!
(Quilava: -9 Health, Smoochum: -8 Energy, RAIN for 2 more turns)

Blaze didn't fare so well either. His health wasn't very high, so he had to make his final moves count. However, he didn't want to risk another recoil move, so he took a safer risk - he decided to use Flamethrower, despite the presence of rain! Generating as much heat as possible in the cold rain that was present, he began to form a small fireball in his mouth. Slowly and surely, he built up a great amount of heat. Calypso was still collapsed and exhausted, so she couldn't dodge when Blaze fired the as-large-as-possible ray of fire towards Calypso. It slowly got smaller as rain hit it, but it managed to connect with its target, dealing a good deal of damage. But wait, Calypso squealed in pain as it hit the ground; a red scab on her arm. "What luck!" Blaze thought. "You just got burned!"
(Smoochum: -8 Health, BURNED for 5 turns, Quilava: -6 Energy)

Calypso finally crawled up after much effort. She caressed her burn, knowing that her ability, as it was raining, would work up to heal her burn...if she could survive that long. She had one more move up her sleeve, and it was all or nothing with the last move. She built up a sphere of water with an ominous power within, which grew extremely large, thanks to the rain. The Smoochum mustered up all of her strength, and hurled the gigantic mass of water towards the flaming Quilava. Quilava tried to run to dodge the attack...but would it be enough...!?
(Blaze: -10 Health, Smoochum: -6 Energy, BURN healed by Hydration, RAIN for 1 more turn)

The two Pokemon stared at each other a long time. It was clear now; this would be a fight to the death! Both Pokemon were standing, but just barely. It was sudden death for these two Pokemon, and the winner was only yet to be seen!

Aquablast

Blaze
Quilava - M
Flash Fire
HP: 8
Energy: 28

Alakazamaster

Calypso
Smoochum - F
Hydration
Status: Bring...it...on...even...if...it...kills...me...! Rain for 1 more turn.
HP: 47
Energy: 1

Ref's Notes
Wild Charge's accuracy roll: 98, with 1-100 hitting.
Wild Charge's critical hit roll: 97, with 1-6 being a critical hit.
Psyshock's accuracy toll: 18, with 1-100 hitting.
Psyshock's critical hit roll: 49, with 1-6 being a critical hit.
Flamethrower's accuracy roll: 11, with 1-100 hitting.
Flamethrower's burn roll: 9, with 1-10 inflicting a burn.
Flamethrower's critical hit roll: 95, with 1-6 being a critical hit.
Water Pulse's accuracy roll: 21, with 1-100 hitting.
Water Pulse's confusion roll: 27, with 1-20 confusing the opponent.
Water Pulse's critical hit roll: 53, wirh 1-6 being a critical hit.

This was an epic battling moment. I have to say that was inspiring as a ref.
Alakazamaster, you may proceed.
Old November 14, 2011, 04:05:50 PM
Kyurem

I'm gonna have to stop you there.

I'm sorry Ala, but I disqualified Kyogia for internet problems too, and it'd be unfair if I let you slide but not him. I do hope you understand.

Aquablast wins $10 by disqualification.