Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 26, 2010, 02:56:03 PM
Joltik

Default Are my pokemon bad?

I don't know where to put this except here.
I've gotten a ditto from a friend that told me it had perfect IV's for breeding. I said cool and used it to breed my team. after I got done and was about to breed a new team I noticed that it had a OT # of 000000. so I asked my friend if it was hacked and he said yes it is. I'm wondering if my team would still be considered "legit" and not hacked even though one of the parents of every team mate was hacked?
Sorry but I'm kinda new to rules of battling.
Old October 26, 2010, 02:57:31 PM
Landorus

Sure, I would say so. It doesn't really matter who the parents are as long as the pokemon you're using have regular stats and moves they can learn without hacking.
Old October 26, 2010, 02:59:33 PM
Kyurem

Er... I think someone else might be better to answer, but in general if it had perfect IVs (31) for the usual three stats (which is what it inherits via breeding), the answer very well may be: no, you won't be allowed into tournaments. Though it may not be at all advantageous to you, it still /looks/ hacked (which in a way it is).

Last edited by FreezeWarp; October 26, 2010 at 03:01:45 PM.
Old October 26, 2010, 03:07:22 PM
Joltik

Thanks for the Info. Most of my Pokemon have only two perfect IV's(when I'm really lucky 3) and the rest of the Iv's are usually less than 20. I guess I can't join the tournaments then the "luckest" Pokemon I breed was my wall of the team with two perfect IV's and 30 in another one, then 27 and 18.
Old October 26, 2010, 03:09:28 PM
Giratina

I wouldn't use it for your whole team, that might look suspicious... But I've gotten very lucky with quite a few of my Pokémon (One of them has 4 31-IV stats o_O), so you might be able to get away with a couple. But while I wouldn't consider this legit, there's no way of telling that it's not. By the way, you can't use Power items to pass down IVs from Dittos.
Old October 26, 2010, 03:14:43 PM
Joltik

Well It's too late for that team cause I've breed them and EV trained them already and that's my only team. Well I guess i'll have to remake the team.
Old October 26, 2010, 03:24:58 PM
Kyurem

Hmm the general rule of thumb is that its only considered illegitimate if the Pokemon ITSELF has been tampered with. Considering no matter how hard you hack and work on the parents, there is no guarantee that the child Pokemon will have perfect IVs unless you do something to tamper with the newborn Pokemon itself.

So in other words, hacked parents to make a legit child is fine, but anything involving directly tampering with the Pokemon in question is considered bad. Many competitive battlers will use devices such as AR to make their lives a bit easier (such as getting a hacked Synchronize Pokemon with a specific nature, perfect IV parents, etc.) but the fact is that as long as the Pokemon being USED is perfectly legit, then its fine.

I think I rambled a bit there, but I hope you got the main idea of what I was saying...
Old October 26, 2010, 03:31:03 PM
Joltik

Yeah I haven't tampered at all with the child Pokemon. The "Luckiest" Pokemon I breed took me a whole month to breed because I was trying to get a nature and Ability I really wanted and it was the first one that had the right combo.
Old October 29, 2010, 10:42:13 AM
Kyurem

good thing i dont need hacks, i use dittos i caught from emerald (really hard work getting a ditto with an iv of 31 somewhere just by catching dittos over and over) I have hacks though but there from people that traded me so i got riped off of some trades, but i dont use them in wifi battles

Last edited by kakashidragon; October 29, 2010 at 10:43:02 AM.