Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White

Notices

Search this Thread
Old May 23, 2010, 12:25:15 PM
Mudkip

Well, there we have it! A triforce!

I kinda forgot about that little mesprit thing though...

Oops,

-Pichu
Old May 24, 2010, 12:45:11 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu_theworld_ruler View Post
A triforce!
Yes,
Mespirit
Azelf
Uxie

They form a triangle and Dialga/Palkia is in the center.
Old May 26, 2010, 01:54:24 PM
Servine

zoroark is like lucario in dp
Old May 26, 2010, 02:34:15 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhound26 View Post
zoroark is like lucario in dp
They look similar, but a Pokémon you get as an egg that's Steel/Fighting type is way different from a Dark-type you get by a shiny beast event.
Old May 26, 2010, 03:22:56 PM
Shaymin

Well, when I said "Greater than God" I just meant Pokemon-mythology wise. Although stats would be expectedly higher I'm just throwing around theories about new legends.

Jees, this is my own topic and I haven't even checked it in so long.
Old May 28, 2010, 09:08:38 AM
Servine

There hasnt been a bug legendary yet, It would be cool to have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
They look similar, but a Pokémon you get as an egg that's Steel/Fighting type is way different from a Dark-type you get by a shiny beast event.
no i mean like lucario is in a movie and so is zoroark.

Last edited by Yoshi648; May 28, 2010 at 09:13:14 AM.
Old May 28, 2010, 09:29:50 AM
Regigigas

Alright, so we've seen at least some of the Gen V legends. Where do you think they fit in the series' mythology? Personally, I think that Reshiram is very angelic in its features. Maybe they could serve as messengers or something?
Old May 28, 2010, 09:36:51 AM
Giratina

Zekrom looks like it could be from some sort of ancient "magical" cave/ruins, possibly something deep underground.
Old May 28, 2010, 11:12:11 AM
Shaymin

Reshiram looks angelic and Zekrom looks like a big dark mech.
Old June 12, 2010, 01:01:27 PM
Joltik

I've made a design for a bug legendary (though it is part dragon). It isn't hard to make ideas for pokemon. I made about 200 ideas just in my algebra three class in highschool XD

Also some mind candy:
Peststingo- the pestilence pokemon (name made from pestilence and wendigo)
Stats: 83/125/82/100/87/123
Base Total: 600
Typing- Poison/Flying
Pokedex: Where it flies disease is said to spread. A lot of scientist tried to blame this pokemon for the black plague.

I came up with that idea in 15 minutes. It isn't hard to make a pokemon, just hard to make a GOOD and ENJOYABLE pokemon.
Old June 12, 2010, 04:25:35 PM
Haxorus

Zekrom could be the monster released from the Zokromnomicon
Old June 15, 2010, 07:39:19 AM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Oh yeah, one more point: I'd like to see legendaries that can be used for competitive battles.
Well, you already have stuff like Heatran, Jirachi, Celebi, etc. that's commonplace in the OU metagame. Chances are, there's going to be a new Pokémon that's useable in the metagame.

Maybe a simple regional legendary will work. I mean, Arceus created all of the Pokémon universe, Dialga/Palkia rules over all of time/space, the Weather trio rules over the land/water/sky, etc... but what about a legendary that just rules over Isshu? That would be a welcome change of pace from the bigger and better legendaries.
Old June 16, 2010, 03:04:22 PM
Regigigas

I honestly hope that the legendary pokemon in this game AREN'T more powerful than arceus. I hope they're just really powerful dragons with no ability to destroy the universe.
Old June 26, 2010, 10:06:06 AM
Joltik

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzeeGuy View Post
Late to the topic and most likely already said, but I find the theme in Pokémon Black and White to be hinting at the idea of an almost ying-yang scenario, which isn't far fetched considering the region this game hails from. Therfore Gamefreak is stepping away from the 'hierarchy' of legendaries, and focusing more into the depth of balance.

Personally, I think they have already introduced the legendary (Zoroark), or whatever pokémon Black version focuses on. Now most people now would say 'but it evolves'. However, my interpretation is that evolution doesn't mean it cannot be a legendary. Originally, we thought legendaries could not breed, but we have seen otherwise with Rotom and Manaphy (though Phione isn't Manaphy, it's still offspring).
Pokemon Black focusses on ZEKROM not Zoroak plus Rotom and Manaphy are pretty rubbish so not many people call them legendaries anymore......
Old June 26, 2010, 05:36:03 PM
Zoroark

How do you top God? Easy.

Ahem... Anyway. I want a Poison/Dragon legendary that can send out massive plagues and what-not.
Old June 28, 2010, 10:16:05 PM
Kyurem

You forget the other god that might be made- SANTAN himself! Not really but maybe something like that to have the same strength as arceus at least.
Old July 8, 2010, 11:58:34 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
You forget the other god that might be made- SANTAN himself! Not really but maybe something like that to have the same strength as arceus at least.
Santan?
Old July 9, 2010, 03:09:59 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Guy 2 View Post
Santan?
He means Satan.

Anyway, it is obvious now that the strongest legendary Pokémon of Black & White are Zekrom & Reshiram. It is now a fact that the story and the legendary Pokémon of Isshu focus on yin-yang and all the other balanced philosophies.
Old July 9, 2010, 04:16:56 AM
Haxorus

Everyone here is forgetting something very important. A fact, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that has been overlooked by all...

Considering I'm probably the only Pagan member of this forum, it's understandable.

You don't top a God. That God has a brother, or a sister, or a son. A wife, perhaps, or, if you're of certain faith, husband.

I find it hard to believe that a single Pokemon is Overlord. I mean in no way to bring a subject-which-shall-not-be-discussed into play, but in real life, God is not the only deity to reside. Many Gods and Goddesses exist.

I, for one, reside by Mother Gaea, in part of my Earth Element, and as Gaea being my true deity in my mind's eye. This subject shall not be debated, as this is an improper thread to do so. But my point remains.

There is no single God. Multiples, yes. Singular, no.

I see in the future, multiple God Pokemon, holding each an element of the Pokemon world. Earth, Fire, Flying, Water, Darkness, and so on. GameFreak has not yet let me down in Pokemon Design. Well, that's a lie, Tangela's a mess [ xD ], but I doubt they would simply create the God of all Pokemon and leave it to that.

Another reason my hypothesis would be justified would be to look at the Golems. Nowhere in the "God" religions texts are mentioned massive bodies of pure element. These are more Norse and Greek than Christian. And what were the Norse and Greek in concerning spiritualism?

Pagan.

The same could be said of the legendary Birds, Dogs, and the Lake Spirits. Each has a discerning cultural feel influenced by faith and inspired by logic. I doubt GameFreak is anti-dynamic to the point of leaving Arceus as the only residing deity of the Pokemon faith and spirituality.

Unnecessary Addendum: Also, kakashidragon, Lucifer is not a god, per the Bible. Lucifer was an angel of God who, depending on which copy of the man-made Bible to which one deems correct, either opposed God in his choice of allowing Humanity to live with free will, or simply opposed God in his ultimate power. In the latter, Lucifer would question God's might, claiming that the Angels of God should deserve the same power he himself holds. God, being one to never answer a question directly or have to diplomatically resolve the issue, banished Lucifer and any angel who stood against God to the pits of the Earth, beneath the feet of the men Lucifer so despised.

It was thought that one's soul, weighed down by guilt, shame, and sin, would flow unto the Earth with one's blood, seeping into the soil and disappearing into the bowels of the Earth itself. It was by this idea that Lucifer hollowed out the Earth with his great hatred, making way for the souls that would drip beneath the grass and dirt above.

After conversing with many a faithfully-blinded Christian, Mormon, Catholic, and Protestant, they do not consider Lucifer a God, and by all rights, he is not. He is in fact an angel, and being an Angel and nothing more, he only has what powers God hath given, thus, he is only armed with the love of Man.

tl;dr: Lucifer, Satan, The Devil, ect... Is not a God. Due to texts predating one after another, Lucifer has already lost the war to wage on the Gates of Heaven, as God's power is absolute. This is a perplexing and hypocritical suggestion however, as man is tempted by Lucifer's evil deeds and his wicked temptations, or so goes the myth. This being said, it should be easy for God to dispatch and be done with Lucifer, thereby banishing any hope Humanity has of committing sins and therefore saving the human race. This in itself is perplexing, as God has not already done so, allowing Humanity and it's spiritual frailty to be so swayed by the subtle influence of Lucifer.

This is reasoning enough to question the truth; whether God requires Lucifer to gather tainted souls as to not sully the gates of Heaven and introduce Sin to the angels.

... Where the Hell did all that come from? It began as an explanation to debunk kakashidragon's mistakenly calling Lucifer a God, and boiled down to it's base elements: Religious diffusing.

Eh, I'll post it anyway.

Last edited by .name//Technomancer; July 9, 2010 at 04:38:40 AM.
Old July 9, 2010, 08:51:33 AM
Zoroark

That was beautiful man. I couldn't have said it better myself. My best friend is Pagan (Wiccan to be precise). As for myself I'm an Atheist, but Pagan religion has always interested me. Good stuff.
Old July 17, 2010, 03:23:37 AM
Joltik

I'd like to see Dragon and Steel.
Old July 17, 2010, 04:39:14 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijumaru View Post
I'd like to see Dragon and Steel.
Yeah, because Dialga doesn't exist, or anything.
Old July 20, 2010, 01:27:51 PM
Giratina

What we need for a legendary Pokemon, is one that doesn't have any weaknesses. So far, the only one I can think of, type combination wise is, Ghost-Dark.
Old July 20, 2010, 03:37:17 PM
Charizard

This Bulbanews article partly explains the legendaries: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wik...nerational_Rot
Old August 14, 2010, 08:21:59 AM
Magikarp

:banana::darkrai::latia slick::l ickpikachu::flaffylick::drago nslick::ho undoomlick:: munchlaxlick::mijumarulick::luxraylic k::honchkrowl ick::s kittylick::chiramiilick: :dragonitelick::suicune lick:how do you do gym battle
Old August 14, 2010, 08:26:44 AM
Magikarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
What we need for a legendary Pokemon, is one that doesn't have any weaknesses. So far, the only one I can think of, type combination wise is, Ghost-Dark.
spritomb and sableye
Old August 14, 2010, 08:38:51 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinydalaliga View Post
spritomb and sableye
i think he ment legendary. Infact he did.

We need a good Dark/Psychic legend. like a KILLA BANANA
:banana: vs :arceus:
:banana: wins!

Last edited by RotomGuy; August 14, 2010 at 08:43:20 AM.
Old August 16, 2010, 06:59:44 PM
Giratina

I got it! A legendary Pokemon with the type of Poison/Dark and the ability of Levitate.
Old August 17, 2010, 05:37:55 PM
Joltik

I'd heard this idea on a forum a while ago, and while I don't take any credit for it whatsoever, I must ask: what about legendaries that have to do with the seasons? I know there's already Shikijika, which already has to do with the seasons, but still. I like the idea, personally. ^^; It would lend to some pretty blah typings, admittedly (Grass, Fire, Ground (?), Ice), but I still thought that it was a good idea.
Old August 17, 2010, 06:10:05 PM
Celebi

Nintendo need to make a set of Lords or Gods of all the Type Elements, but Arceus is still supreme.