Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 2, 2010, 07:49:20 PM
Shaymin

Default Generation Five's Legends: Better than God

"How is Game Freak going to top God?"

By making Gods of Gods.

What types of legendary monsters would you like to hunt, capture, train, and bond with in the fifth generation of Pokemon games?

I've made my disposition quite clear. Vaccuum physics, gravity, and annihilation legendary Pokemon would be awesome to behold.

What do you want?
Old February 2, 2010, 07:51:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
"How is Game Freak going to top God?"
Old February 2, 2010, 07:52:00 PM
Regigigas

If they actually go about making a 'god of the multiverse' or some other self-topping thing like that, then I think a shark will have been jumped. I completely agree about having PokéGods of more narrowly defined things like illusion, maybe the stars, and some other things. But if they keep trying to top themselves with relative strength of Pokémon, it's going to turn into DBZ.
Old February 2, 2010, 08:45:59 PM
Keldeo

I still stand by having legend of life and death. :V
Old February 3, 2010, 12:14:46 AM
Cyndaquil

Yoshi. "WE GO FOR GOD!"

I always thought there couldn't be a fifth gen thanks to Arceus (or Mew, if you wanna look at it that way (Arceus >>>> Mew :3)). If I recall correctly, they didn't really refer to Arceus as "god," even though we all know they pretty much did. What if they don't mean to top god in the fifth gen? I mean, I'm really hoping they make some unique-not-unique legendaries. Ever see a bug-legendary that isn't Arceus? I want one of those.

Last edited by Buizel456; May 14, 2010 at 07:00:37 PM. Reason: Censored "lol"
Old February 3, 2010, 03:00:20 AM
Rayquaza

It's beileved that the legendary in the next movie is the Master of Illusion.
Old February 3, 2010, 03:48:03 AM
Rayquaza

We need a rock legendary other than Regirock. I like to see a legendary wolf and snake.
Old February 3, 2010, 06:18:18 AM
Kyurem

Who says we have to have Gods of Gods? We could have more minor legendaries. For example, Celebi isn't the god of anything, it just time travels and makes forests grow. We could just have legendaries with great powers, but don't rule over one specific theme (time, space, nightmares, what-have-you.)
Old February 3, 2010, 06:25:15 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
Who says we have to have Gods of Gods? We could have more minor legendaries. For example, Celebi isn't the god of anything, it just time travels and makes forests grow. We could just have legendaries with great powers, but don't rule over one specific theme (time, space, nightmares, what-have-you.)
I agree. Who said the nest legends HAVE to top arceus?
Old February 3, 2010, 08:56:50 AM
Giratina

I'd like to see more diversified typings of legendaries like Fight, Poison, and Bug. I'd also like to see new dual typings that haven't been made yet; something like Water/Ghost maybe?
Oh yeah, one more point: I'd like to see legendaries that can be used for competitive battles.
Old February 3, 2010, 02:03:01 PM
Volcarona

How can they make a legendary pokemon more powerful than the god pokemon itself? 5th gen has to be the hardest to pull off and hopefully the last because isnt 493 enough? Sure pokemon shouldn't die but, what ideas will they have? A hamburger pokemon? Next thing you know they start with ice cream or Mario or even human beings. I'm think a pokemon more powerful then god has to be a pokemon of all universes'. A pokemon that is the all of all and not an over sized cookie.
Old February 3, 2010, 11:11:17 PM
Cyndaquil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
I'd like to see more diversified typings of legendaries like Fight, Poison, and Bug. I'd also like to see new dual typings that haven't been made yet; something like Water/Ghost maybe?
Normal/Ghost. Yes, yes? On a serious note, maybe a pair of types that don't exactly work together, like Fire/Water. I think it sounds pretty silly, but hey, adds to the weirdness.

It might come off a little weird when I say this, but perhaps a Pokemon that is...a double-type? Double the STAB, 4x/8x super effective attacks, and 8x the damage taken from superior types? I DEFINITELY want a fire pokemon like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Oh yeah, one more point: I'd like to see legendaries that can be used for competitive battles.
^This, but as much as I agree, I think they'll have to make some different legendaries. There aren't too many of them that will play defensively or stall, even if they could. Then again, maybe it's my lack of seeing legendaries in battle that I say that.

A Blissey-like legendary. With good defense. Owwww
Old February 4, 2010, 10:09:31 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard98 View Post
How can they make a legendary pokemon more powerful than the god pokemon itself?
And who said they want to create a legendary Pokémon more powerful than Arceus?
They can simply create more legendaries that are weaker than Arceus, but are still strong.

I have noticed a lot of people saying that it doesn't make sense to create a legendary Pokémon in the 5th generation that is weaker than Arceus (in other forums). I fail to see what's so 'hard' or 'weird' to do that; it perfectly makes sense for me. Here's something to think about:
When Mew (and possibly Mewtwo) was first introduced to us, we used to think that it was the ancestor of all Pokémon (and indirectly, the 'god' of Pokémon, somewhat). I, or rather we, found it very normal to have weaker legendaries released in the later generation - the 2nd generation, back then.
Therefore, I don't see why people are making a big fuss about Arceus' existence, and the need of toppling it by releasing a more 'omnipotent' legendary. I mean, I am not able to identify any progressive link between the legendaries of the older generations and the legendaries of the newer generations.
The creation of a new region can be interpreted practically as discovering a new land inhabited by new species of Pokémon. These new species include legendaries that are unique and not known nor seen to man before.
Arceus remains the god, and the equation remains the same in this case.

I hope I clarified myself as much as possible.

Last edited by Shadow; February 4, 2010 at 10:18:31 AM.
Old February 4, 2010, 11:00:28 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLiquid View Post
I completely agree about having PokéGods of more narrowly defined things like illusion, maybe the stars, and some other things.
God of the planets!!

But i think nintendo went a little TOO far with all the gods of stuff in the 4th gen.
Nintendo: "Let's pull out all the stops! God of time and space! God of human emotions! God of Gods!"
Worker of Nintendo: "what about the 5th generation?"
Nintendo: "What 5th generation?"

Last edited by Quadcentruo; February 5, 2010 at 06:41:33 PM.
Old February 4, 2010, 02:38:51 PM
Charizard

How about Jesus? I know its wrong but it might work
Old February 4, 2010, 03:07:54 PM
Shaymin

To clarify some points of my own:

My "Gods of Gods statement is something of a reference to Marvel, where even heaven, hell, and related powers are dwarfed by superheroes and supervillians. I was using it as a phrase that meant that God won't be the stopping point for Pokemon.

As for "better than Arceus", that simply referred to the people who said, "How can you top God?" It's just an example I used. In the next generation, I highly doubt that a legend will be created to top Arceus. But it is still a possibility I'd like to entertain.

There you go, hopefully my statements seem a bit clearer.

-posted using the DSi Browser-
Old February 4, 2010, 08:24:54 PM
Volcarona

A dark legendary.
Old February 5, 2010, 12:23:14 AM
Volcarona

I want a water+fire type legendary, specifically, usable of course, and with ok moves, but not too cheap.

Besides that, I'd like to see a ground,water,bug, and especially flying type legendary, I know some are already legends, but we need them combined in with another type.

The only thing that I don't want to see in legendarys is psychic type. We have enough of those.
Old February 5, 2010, 03:44:59 AM
Rayquaza

Nothing will top Arceus, but seeing a Cockroach frightening out Cresselia and other grass and psychic legendary Pokemon would be awesome. Seriously, BUG is needed.
Old February 5, 2010, 05:25:55 PM
Regigigas

Screw the Gods, lol. I seriously think Arceus was release waaaaay too early.

But I agree with many other users. Just make "lesser" legendaries.
Old February 11, 2010, 08:42:24 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny1250 View Post
How about Jesus? I know its wrong but it might work
Mew is Jesus like Arceus is God.

Quote:
How can they make a legendary pokemon more powerful than the god pokemon itself? 5th gen has to be the hardest to pull off and hopefully the last because isnt 493 enough? Sure pokemon shouldn't die but, what ideas will they have? A hamburger pokemon? Next thing you know they start with ice cream or Mario or even human beings. I'm think a pokemon more powerful then god has to be a pokemon of all universes'. A pokemon that is the all of all and not an over sized cookie.
1) What's with this food theme you think Gamefreak will turn to? We aren't gonna get Pokemon: Burger Time.
2) Is 493 enough? Isn't 151 enough? No, i'm sure Gamefreak will surpass our thoughts as to how many Pokemon there can be. Will there be similarities as time passes(see Rattata -> Bidoof)? Yes, there very much will be. But i'm sure that there'll still be room to fit on our Pokedexes...until maybe 10th Gen...That'll be pushing it.
3 "even human beings" May I introduce you to Jynx, the Human-Shape Pokemon?
Old February 11, 2010, 11:49:59 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
3 "even human beings" May I introduce you to Jynx, the Human-Shape Pokemon?
or Gardevoir... is more human-shaped pokemon than Jynx
Old February 11, 2010, 12:43:40 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny1250 View Post
or Gardevoir... is more human-shaped pokemon than Jynx
True, but I said that due to the fact that Jynx is literally the Human Shape Pokemon.
Old February 12, 2010, 02:06:03 PM
Haxorus

How about a pokemon that has no weakness, (no type) but has super effective moves over every type? That tops arceus by 9000.
Old February 12, 2010, 03:40:27 PM
Cyndaquil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeveee View Post
How about a pokemon that has no weakness, (no type) but has super effective moves over every type? That tops arceus by 9000.
That's called "uber h4x0rz'd Spiritomb." It's also obscene. :/
Old February 12, 2010, 05:18:53 PM
Charizard

Quote:
because isnt 493 enough?

...still a mere fraction compared to the billions of species that populate our world.
Old February 12, 2010, 05:46:17 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageOfInnocence View Post
...still a mere fraction compared to the billions of species that populate our world.
Yes, I just hope they don't lose it with this idea. Imagine. A hippie pokemon named peace well they already kinda did it with Alakazam. But, sooner or later they're going to put lucky from the lucky charms commercial to where you have to chase him down. More mashmellow power! Sorry, they already have a so called Zuora and Zozorark in 5th gen so they're just fine but, if 5th gen would be the last one that would be fine by me. They would be making to many spin-offs. But,... someday... they... will get to become so greedy that they...make...(gulp)... A TERRIBLE POKEMON GAME AND BIGGEST FAILURE EVER CREATED AND EVEN WORSE THAN POKEMON RANCH AND THE BIGGEST INSULT TO POKEMON FANS. SO BAD THAT WE WILL NEVER PLAY A SINGLE POKEMON GAME AFTER THAT AND WILL THROW ALL THAT POKEMON MERCHINDISE OUT THE STREET AND LET ALL THOSE DREAMS KILLED BY A CAR/TRUCK/TRAIN TO END IT!!!...(sigh)...and then you'll pretty much forget pokemon after that and never play or hear it ever again. And to end it call the air force to kill anybody with a pokemon game. Sorry, I just lost it. Now then, yes the 5th gen game should be awesome.
Old February 12, 2010, 10:26:12 PM
Mudkip

If they start Make POKEMON as GOD... I not want to play the rest new pokemon game anymore... ._.

I can't imagine a pokemon stronger than arceus
Old February 13, 2010, 06:29:40 AM
Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-zero View Post
[B][I][COLOR="Blue"]Screw the Gods,
I have money. Wait.
Anyway, how about they stop at Arkeus and make other legendaries?
Old February 14, 2010, 09:59:25 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
No weaknesses = Dark/Ghost = Sableye and Spiritomb
Super effective moves over every type = shadow pokemon

I know for a fact that a shadow Sableye or Spiritomb does not top Arceus.

and no type? WTC are you trying to pull with that?!?
Old February 14, 2010, 10:18:06 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare View Post

and no type? WTC are you trying to pull with that?!?
No resistances, no super effective hits, only neutral hits. I for one like the idea. I would say it would make a decent defensive pokemon, Although if something like that were made it would have to have good defensive and special defensive stats otherwie spiritomb would still outclass it with its ability to nullify psychic, normal, and fighting.
Old February 16, 2010, 11:56:48 AM

I think legendaries reached their peak at the 4th generation, and now they should go back to something more mundane, like legendaries representing north and south or east and west.
Old February 16, 2010, 01:36:59 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
I think legendaries reached their peak at the 4th generation, and now they should go back to something more mundane, like legendaries representing north and south or east and west.
I agree on that. Suicune is the embodiment of the north wind, so I for one think it needs some companions for the other cardinal directions.
Old February 16, 2010, 03:01:52 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
No resistances, no super effective hits, only neutral hits. I for one like the idea. I would say it would make a decent defensive pokemon, Although if something like that were made it would have to have good defensive and special defensive stats otherwie spiritomb would still outclass it with its ability to nullify psychic, normal, and fighting.
You just reminded me that we don't have a ???-type Pokemon yet. We're only left hanging with the ???-typed Curse. Maybe a ???-type Pokemon would fit those characteristics. Or it could be a legend.

...heh...???-type Arceus.

(If anyone knows what I meant by ???-type Arceus... You win a cookie. If anyone doesn't know, I don't expect you to, just know that it exists.)
Old February 17, 2010, 05:19:56 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:

(If anyone knows what I meant by ???-type Arceus... You win a cookie. If anyone doesn't know, I don't expect you to, just know that it exists.)[/COLOR]
I heard a rumor about it and I tried it but I failed.

Anyway, I agree with ???? typed legendary. In fact, it is a very nice idea.
Old February 17, 2010, 08:48:05 AM
Giratina

Quote:
You just reminded me that we don't have a ???-type Pokemon yet. We're only left hanging with the ???-typed Curse. Maybe a ???-type Pokemon would fit those characteristics. Or it could be a legend.
That would be a good addition, since we have a move but no Pokémon of this mysterious type. However, I feel like it's unlikely for an odd reason.
Old April 4, 2010, 08:33:57 PM
Charizard

hmmm... speaking of a ??? type pokemon, Zoroark is a master of illusion and transform into a lot of different pokemon for all we know Zoroark could actually be a ??? type pokemon!
that would be awesome.
Old April 5, 2010, 04:33:00 AM
Giratina

Whoah... What's with the bump?

And we should have a ???-type Pokémon already. *Glares at Unown*

And what would be it's weakness? !!! type?

Last edited by Ningamer; April 5, 2010 at 04:34:14 AM.
Old April 5, 2010, 05:18:19 AM
Haxorus

How about a water+fire+electric Pokemon!
Old April 5, 2010, 05:24:31 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueumbreon View Post
How about a water+fire+electric Pokemon!
Too... many... types... on... one... pokemon....
Old April 9, 2010, 04:33:16 PM
Mudkip

I like the idea of Life/Death
I want a like, REALLY REALLY hardcore psychic/death type or something LOL
That has a story behind it.. like it was actually KILLED a long time ago because it was so evil, and then brought back accidentally by magic or something. high SP ATK & ATK
YES PLEASE ><

And then the opposite.. something that was created to fight it, like a GOOD(light) machine or something.. Really high SP DEF & DEF

PLEASE <3
Old April 9, 2010, 07:19:19 PM
Haxorus

I want a messiah.
Old April 9, 2010, 07:57:58 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternateshadow300 View Post
I want a messiah.
Mew equals Jesus.
Old April 9, 2010, 09:49:42 PM

With the revelation of the game names, we probably have a better idea of what the legendaries could represent. Probably something obviously correlated with shadows and light. Night and Day?
Old April 9, 2010, 11:41:59 PM
Haxorus

I hope it isn't something lame like friendship and love or something.
Old April 10, 2010, 07:57:04 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
That`s basically what Pokemon XD`s shadow Pokemon were in a nutshell. They did have types, but were resistant to everything, and only other shadow moves would do regular damage. The PP of Shadow moves was infinite, and would also be super-effective against any other regular Pokemon.
Old April 10, 2010, 08:04:16 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post
That`s basically what Pokemon XD`s shadow Pokemon were in a nutshell. They did have types, but were resistant to everything, and only other shadow moves would do regular damage. The PP of Shadow moves was infinite, and would also be super-effective against any other regular Pokemon.
Yes. Anything with 'Shadow' in its name owns like that
But seriously, since I never had any experience with Shadow Pokémon before, I was surprised as to how powerful they are when I was reading your post.
Old April 10, 2010, 07:32:38 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Mew equals Jesus.
But Mew never died for our sins! We need a Pokémon that died for our sins!
Old April 10, 2010, 08:32:49 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Yes. Anything with 'Shadow' in its name owns like that
But seriously, since I never had any experience with Shadow Pokémon before, I was surprised as to how powerful they are when I was reading your post.
xD "Anything with ""Shadow"" in it`s name owns like that." Nice.
Yeah, Shadow Pokemon were pretty overpowered in Pokemon XD. In Colosseum, they only had one more, Shadow Rush, which made them boring to use. They had resistance to every regular attack, and super-effective hits on any regular Pokemon, with limitless PP. But the thing that made them for fun to use in Pokemon XD was that there were various new moves added. There was a move called Shadow Sky which had a "Hail" effect on all non-Shadow Pokemon, Shadow variants of Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt for Shadow Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos, and a Shadow variant of Lugia`s AeroBlast to name a few. I imagine they gave the shadow Pokemon so much resistance to motivate players to use shadow Pokemon of their own against them, since doing so was the only (good) way to purify them. I personally would enjoy seeing another installment in the shadow Pokemon series, they worked well as RPGs, and with new Pokemon like Giratina, Lucario, and Darkrai, they could be expanded on a fair bit.
Old April 11, 2010, 01:12:30 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternateshadow300 View Post
But Mew never died for our sins!
True.
But! Mew did fight for our sins, if you could call Mewtwo our sins.
Old April 25, 2010, 12:16:21 AM
Regigigas

Maybe they will not make God Pokémon and the new region's people will still worship Arceus.
Old April 27, 2010, 09:22:58 PM
Cyndaquil

There are still a lot of different cultures and myths that Nintendo can pull from. To me it just seems like most pokemon are based of far eastern cultures... Ninetails, Arcanine, etc. I really wanna see some serious creativity though. There is so much potential for awesomeness! I really wanna see some Russian elements and perhaps even Celtic, and Nordic influences!

I really wanna see some feathers though... and new fossils... i thought they were kinda lackluster in Pearl, and Diamond.

Feather Fossil
Spine Fossil
Fang Fossil
Tusk Fossil
Razor Fossil

the list goes on...
Old May 6, 2010, 05:28:59 PM
Joltik

I don't think they really have to "top god", they can just keep on making normal legendaries... I like the life/death legendaries idea.
Old May 6, 2010, 06:43:57 PM
Floatzel

Perhaps this is jsut my own warped fanon, but my impression is that Arceus is creation, which is life in a nutshell. Giratina is destruction, AKA death.

I'd love to seem some legends with types that have never been done before. I actually created my own Fakemon Fighting type Great One, in fact. There is potential for any number of lesser Great Ones to be created.
Old May 6, 2010, 06:47:09 PM
Joltik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade Darkrai View Post
Perhaps this is jsut my own warped fanon, but my impression is that Arceus is creation, which is life in a nutshell. Giratina is destruction, AKA death.
That might be true, but what about a truly evil death legendary? Giratina was only rampaging because of its would being messed with in the movie or something otherwise it wouldn't do anything at all.
Old May 6, 2010, 07:12:01 PM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenTheClaw View Post
There are still a lot of different cultures and myths that Nintendo can pull from. To me it just seems like most pokemon are based of far eastern cultures... Ninetails, Arcanine, etc. I really wanna see some serious creativity though. There is so much potential for awesomeness! I really wanna see some Russian elements and perhaps even Celtic, and Nordic influences!

I really wanna see some feathers though... and new fossils... i thought they were kinda lackluster in Pearl, and Diamond.

Feather Fossil
Spine Fossil
Fang Fossil
Tusk Fossil
Razor Fossil

the list goes on...
^ This, this is an amazing idea. <3<3 The fossisls and the other cultures.

Though I would be very interested in seeing, in particular, something in the style of Greek architecture or Roman calvary/fighting.
Old May 7, 2010, 11:19:56 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azu View Post

Though I would be very interested in seeing, in particular, something in the style of Greek architecture or Roman calvary/fighting.
OFF TOPIC!!

Maybe not "God" Legendary, but maybe day and night.
Darkrai already has night time it seems like. So... who will be day time?
Old May 7, 2010, 11:34:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
OFF TOPIC!!

Maybe not "God" Legendary, but maybe day and night.
Darkrai already has night time it seems like. So... who will be day time?
Cressilia
Old May 7, 2010, 11:38:25 AM
Giratina

There should be a legendary for each type.
Old May 7, 2010, 02:18:26 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Cressilia
Cressilia symbolises a Cresent Moon: Cressilia is the good night Pokémon, Darkrai is the bad one.
Old May 8, 2010, 06:15:11 PM
Floatzel

I think that a bug type Great One would be a good addition to the ranks. Something based off of a butterfly or something.

And, normally I don't say anything about things like this, but sicne she is my favorite Pokemon (please bear with me) I am forced to point out that the Lunar Goddess's name is spelled C R E S S E L I A
Old May 9, 2010, 05:47:33 PM
Regigigas

You know what they need?
First of all, a bug type legendary. We have never had one.

and second, a Omega Pokemon. since we've got alpha, and Giratina isn't the Omega, we need a Omega.

And a 666 pokemon on the pokedex list.
XD
Old May 10, 2010, 07:47:21 PM
Cyndaquil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azu View Post

Do you wanna explain the architecture idea? It sounds super interesting!
Old May 11, 2010, 11:36:32 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoPun View Post
You know what they need?
First of all, a bug type legendary. We have never had one.
WRONG!!

Arceus is all types! Including Pure-Flying! With the right plate at least.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; May 11, 2010 at 11:36:48 AM.
Old May 11, 2010, 12:35:09 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
WRONG!!

Arceus is all types! Including Pure-Flying! With the right plate at least.
Dah screw Arceus.XD I mean an actual, no plate needed, bug pokemon.
ARCEUS DOESN'T COUNT.
Old May 11, 2010, 12:54:05 PM
Volcarona

Or it counts, just not to you LoPun. ;P

But I seriously don't believe that the Fifth generations legendary Pokemon have to be better than God. Even though Arceus is supposed to be the God of all Pokemon. So Generation V of legendary Pokemon will certainly be interesting to see. As long as they aren't completely uncreative and aren't lame, I don't have a problem with whatever types they may be.
Old May 11, 2010, 01:04:48 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Or it counts, just not to you LoPun. ;P

But I seriously don't believe that the Fifth generations legendary Pokemon have to be better than God. Even though Arceus is supposed to be the God of all Pokemon. So Generation V of legendary Pokemon will certainly be interesting to see. As long as they aren't completely uncreative and aren't lame, I don't have a problem with whatever types they may be.
FFFFF

They can be. And they will.

but what the heck are they gonna come up with? DX They've done everything. Time, Space, Renegade, Alpha, Ocean, Sky, Beasts, Earth (the regis) they've done everything.DX
Old May 11, 2010, 07:40:06 PM
Kyurem

How about a legend that eats planets for breakfast or a legend that creates planets I just randomly came up with that idea right now
Old May 11, 2010, 10:28:42 PM
Cyndaquil

There is still a ton of other cultures they can pull from!
Old May 11, 2010, 10:56:41 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
FFFFF

but what the heck are they gonna come up with? DX They've done everything. Time, Space, Renegade, Alpha, Ocean, Sky, Beasts, Earth (the regis) they've done everything.DX
Believe and trust me when I say that they haven't done everything LoPun. ;P

Just wait and see, there are going to be reasonable Legendary Pokemon. Doubt it will be totally random though. I'd hate for them to pull different things out of the air and use them. That would just be sad and mark the first tally towards the end of Pokemon as a whole.
Old May 12, 2010, 10:56:25 AM
Giratina

Quote:
FFFFF

So... your saying something like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
What they haven't done:
-Destruction
-Light
-Sun (Cresselia would be moon)
-Fish (if that makes sense...)

Those are a few. And Earth would be more like Groudon and not the Regi's. (Steel+Ice+Rock does not = Earth)
Old May 13, 2010, 01:12:58 PM
Cyndaquil

Quote:
So... your saying something like this.

What they haven't done:
-Destruction
-Light
-Sun (Cresselia would be moon)
-Fish (if that makes sense...)
-BUGS
Those are a few. And Earth would be more like Groudon and not the Regi's. (Steel+Ice+Rock does not = Earth)
^_^
Old May 14, 2010, 07:06:31 AM
Mudkip

I would like to see a fire-water type legendary. Just a new type combination that has not been explored yet.

-Pichu
Old May 14, 2010, 07:30:35 AM
Servine

they should make a 3rd Bird you knoe, Lugia,Ho-Oh and ____
Old May 14, 2010, 07:33:45 AM
Servine

What about a Flying/Fighting legendary
Old May 14, 2010, 11:14:34 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhound26 View Post
What about a Flying/Fighting legendary
There has yet to be a flying-fighting type.
Fighting is the only type that is not with flying yet.
Old May 14, 2010, 12:32:08 PM
Volcarona

However, because of Staraptor being a flying type and learning a fighting type move naturally, that may be a hint that the fifth generation will have a fighting/flying type Pokemon... but who knows?
Old May 14, 2010, 06:29:24 PM
Mudkip

Ok a little off topic here, but a few suggestions to Pokemon creators. Pokemon will end sooner or later. Its inevitable. But it the time its here I would LOVE to see new types and a Badger Pokemon. Oh and a Dolphin perhaps? And I think that arceus was released too early. My legendary suggestion? A Rock and Lighting type. Sounds obserd but hey, what about the movie arceus that was released? Also maybe a Fire-Rock Legend. Or Fighting-Dark! But the rock legends would have special moves as the Fighting-Dark would have the slight advantage. Perhaps Lighting Rain for one, and Asteroid Fall for the other? I would love this! Listen to me geniuses of the Pokemon world! People want a good rock type Legend!
Old May 14, 2010, 07:05:33 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenade View Post
I'd like to see a ground,water,bug, and especially flying type legendary
Bug legendary! I wonder what it'd look like
Old May 14, 2010, 11:19:04 PM
Cyndaquil

A HUGE BEETLE/SATURNID!!!
Old May 15, 2010, 04:53:46 AM
Servine

Theres nothing to make a legend about, They Ran out of ideas
Old May 15, 2010, 05:00:26 AM
Shaymin

They should have some really evil fighting type, or a cow legend. That would be cool!
Old May 15, 2010, 08:33:07 AM
Cyndaquil

THERE SO MANY MORE THINGS THEY COULD DO!
Old May 15, 2010, 04:23:17 PM
Joltik

Quote:
Then they ran out of ideas for other Pokemon if they have for legendaries... There are still a bunch of animals/things that they haven't made. coughcaracalcough
Old May 15, 2010, 06:41:43 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Pessimistic much?
Old May 16, 2010, 07:30:05 AM
Floatzel

Actually, now that I think about it if all else fails they'll probably just make redundant types. Think about it: You can nitpick the exact details of what Moltres and Entei command, but from a broader spectrum they're both basically the element of fire.
Old May 16, 2010, 03:29:16 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade Darkrai View Post
Think about it: You can nitpick the exact details of what Moltres and Entei command, but from a broader spectrum they're both basically the element of fire.
Actually, Entei was a dream by a girl in the third movie.
But that's just one thing about it.

It really had no story behind it. Same with Moltres.

And from what you said, you could say Cresselia, Azelf, Uxie and Mespirit are all the same because they are Psychic and levitate.
Old May 16, 2010, 06:12:59 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
They didn't run out of ideas, they're just starting to

(Buut, I kinda think Game Freak's running out of Ideas, I mean, if you search up "Fakemon" on dA, (DeviantART) you get so many idea's that actually are really good.)

Last edited by Buizel456; May 16, 2010 at 06:15:32 PM.
Old May 16, 2010, 09:56:33 PM
Shaymin

Keep in mind that over 500 Pokemon were made for RBGY, and obviously a good amount of them were scrapped to pave way for 151. They keep making mounds upon mounds of Pokemon for each new gen, and in the end 100-200 of them make it.
Old May 18, 2010, 02:50:01 PM
Charizard

Late to the topic and most likely already said, but I find the theme in Pokémon Black and White to be hinting at the idea of an almost ying-yang scenario, which isn't far fetched considering the region this game hails from. Therfore Gamefreak is stepping away from the 'hierarchy' of legendaries, and focusing more into the depth of balance.

Personally, I think they have already introduced the legendary (Zoroark), or whatever pokémon Black version focuses on. Now most people now would say 'but it evolves'. However, my interpretation is that evolution doesn't mean it cannot be a legendary. Originally, we thought legendaries could not breed, but we have seen otherwise with Rotom and Manaphy (though Phione isn't Manaphy, it's still offspring).
Old May 19, 2010, 08:49:14 AM
Linoone

Think about it.. Why do they even have to top the other legendaries?
Old May 19, 2010, 08:52:35 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zega View Post
Think about it.. Why do they even have to top the other legendaries?
That makes total sense.
There can be legendaries who are inferior to Arceus.
Good point.
Old May 19, 2010, 12:59:38 PM
Joltik

Making a Pokemon stronger than Arceus would be ridiculous. Arceus is so over-powered it's not even funny. He has a base state of 720 while the Pokemon underneath him has 680. That's a pretty big gap. They should fill the gap and just keep Arceus as is.
Old May 19, 2010, 01:17:31 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levus View Post
Making a Pokemon stronger than Arceus would be ridiculous. Arceus is so over-powered it's not even funny. He has a base state of 720 while the Pokemon underneath him has 680. That's a pretty big gap. They should fill the gap and just keep Arceus as is.
You gotta keep in mind that stats don't mean everything.
Celebi is a better choice than Regigigas despite the fact Regigigas has a higher base stat total.
Old May 19, 2010, 01:24:39 PM
Joltik

Quote:
You gotta keep in mind that stats don't mean everything.
Celebi is a better choice than Regigigas despite the fact Regigigas has a higher base stat total.
Yes but this is due to the fact that Regigigas has an awful moveset.

Arceus is every type and has some of the cheapest moves to date. Making a Pokemon stronger then that would just be stupid.
Old May 23, 2010, 02:56:03 AM
Zoroark

Adding another 720 base stat would be weird, and on par with God it would also feel really awkward. Best they don't and just add more 680s. I'm personally hoping for more classical physicals like rock, fighting, poison and bug. We don't have any bugs in legends. Maybe among the event pokemon at least?
Old May 23, 2010, 03:25:20 AM
Haxorus

Remember the days of Mewtwo?
Did other Legendaries top him? No.
So why need to top Arceus? There is no point in topping God.
I just want to see sexy 5th Generation Legendaries.
Old May 23, 2010, 10:40:53 AM
Mudkip

Or, we could be seeing the rise of a Pokemon 'triforce' per-se. Arceus created the worlds, Mew 'created' the Pokemon, and maybe the next gen we will see the emergence of something that has 'created' the willpower or something like that. I kid, I kid, or do I... ... ...

Whatever, I'm out.

-Pichu
Old May 23, 2010, 11:24:19 AM
Shaymin

Created the willpower?
*looks at Mespirit*
Old May 23, 2010, 11:31:03 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu_theworld_ruler View Post
'created' the willpower
Mesprit says hi!