Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 2, 2011, 10:51:09 AM
Administrator

Default Grand Theft Auto V

After over 3 years since the last major GTA game, the first trailer to the next hit game in the series has finally been released.

First major thing to notice is we are headed back to Los Santos (Los Angeles) which many will remember from San Andreas. We also see the forest/wilderness part will also will return but it is still uncertain if San Fierro (San Fransisco) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas) will also be returning. (Edit: According to Rockstar's official announcement, we will just have LS and the outer wilderness/beach areas and not the entire San Andreas. However judging by the size of LS from the trailer, we should have more then enough space to cause shenanigans.) Graphically it looks pretty similar to IV but with more vibrant feel to it. Many of the vehicles look like they were pulled straight from IV, however there are some new ones and the airplanes and ability for trucks to tow trailers from San Andreas have also returned. The narrator of the clip is of the main protagonist. Seems that he is a well-off man who is looking to clean up his life and spend his time raising a family. However, things don't seem to go quite as planned.

What are your thoughts? I haven't really started playing GTA games until two years ago, but I have spent countless hours playing through them and I look forward to this new addition to the series (just hopefully without the phone calls every ten minutes of your friends wanting to see a show or something).

Last edited by Yoshi648; November 3, 2011 at 07:58:15 AM.
Old November 2, 2011, 01:07:19 PM
Kyurem

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and even more yes!
I can't say anything other than that I'm excited about this.

San Andreas was my favorite out of the series because of it's location. The whole world was huge giving you lots of space to explore. (And by that l mean wreak havoc)
I'm really excited to play there again.
Also, I'm kind of glad that they're showing the more "nicer" places of San Andreas. Not just those dirty ghetto ones in Los Santos.

And here is a little article of sorts for little hidden jokes and such in the trailer.

Last edited by Shiny; November 2, 2011 at 02:44:46 PM.
Old November 2, 2011, 04:25:37 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and even more yes!
I can't say anything other than that I'm excited about this.

San Andreas was my favorite out of the series because of it's location. The whole world was huge giving you lots of space to explore. (And by that l mean wreak havoc)
I'm really excited to play there again.
Yes, indeed. San Andreas was hella fun. Being able to illegal things in GTA SA was always fun. Still waiting for Saint Rows: The Third, I'm actually more excited and hyped for that then GTA V.
Old November 3, 2011, 07:35:18 AM
Rayquaza

I like it. I saw the news earlier and I am excited. I would definitely buy it.
Old November 3, 2011, 05:13:55 PM
Charizard

I still think San Andreas is the best one.
Big Smoke, Sweet, Ryder and Carl Johnson definitely were the best characters.

But then, I've never played any other GTA game.
Old November 6, 2011, 07:08:45 AM
Giratina

The only part I didn't like about GTA IV was the poor handling of cars at higher speeds. There are parts of Vice city, San Andreas, and IV that I did like, yet none of them really wowed me. If Rockstar can merge the good parts of each game into one amazing game, I'll consider getting GTA V.
Old November 6, 2011, 07:32:56 AM
Kyurem

I do hope they bring features like eating, excercising, and editing your appearance like in San Andreas.
Old July 13, 2012, 09:28:18 PM
Administrator

BUMP TIEM!

After 8 long moths, Rockstar FINALLY gives us something new about GTA V: Two new screenshots:

Source (with full-size images) here

From that first picture, you can see the map is pretty big and expansive. The second picture nicely shows just how much work Rockstar is putting into all the little details that really make the world come to life.
Old July 13, 2012, 09:51:22 PM
Keldeo

These pictures look awesome if the game looks anything like that, it's gonna be an awesome enviorment to move through.
Old July 14, 2012, 05:28:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMan View Post
These pictures look awesome if the game looks anything like that, it's gonna be an awesome enviorment to move through.
Oh it is. That is why Rockstar takes forever to show off anything, they only show things that are 100% going to be in the game (they mention in it in that link I posted for the source).

Quote:
We do it because we want to make sure we only release 100% correct information, and because we want to keep plenty back for the actual game release so there are still lots of surprises when you play it. The only things we care about are that you enjoy the experience of actually playing the game and that we release accurate information

Last edited by Yoshi648; July 14, 2012 at 05:30:05 AM.
Old July 14, 2012, 06:22:45 AM
Giratina

Those pics look like they have such good quality! O_O I might actually get this game
Old July 14, 2012, 06:35:58 AM
Giratina

Those pictures make me think about just how much stress will be placed on graphics cards when played on the computer at higher settings. The map seems massive, but there is such a thing as too massive in sandbox games (Just Cause 2, anybody?), but if getting around that massive map is easy/simple (again, Just Cause 2) then the map size shouldn't be a big issue.
Old August 21, 2012, 05:54:26 PM
Administrator

Funny, for any other game it's not really a big deal when new images come out. However between majorly hyped game and details being very slow to release, can't help but get exciting for ANYTHING.

Anyhow, three new pictures were put up (full size images can be found here):

Bikes are back! Of course who is going to actually use them beyond missions that require them when motorcylces/cars are much quicker?

Here we got the Cheetah, usually one of the faster cars in the game and was absent from IV. Again, you can see how much detail is being put into this game (expiration sticker on license plate, faded red paint on sidewalk curb, brackets holding up stop sign, etc)

And finally, we got the Hydra taking a flight over San Andreas during night. If you look at the pilot, you can see it's the suited man from the first trailer. This seems like a pretty good sign that he's our protagonist (or one of them if the multiple protagonist rumor holds true).

Also, at the bottom of the page on Rockstar, it says "More to come this week..." so we'll be getting more info/pics soon (another trailer or release date would be nice )

Last edited by Yoshi648; August 21, 2012 at 05:56:07 PM.
Old August 21, 2012, 06:00:35 PM
Administrator

Really looking forward to this. While it's no longer a platform problem that I have a 360, I still am curious if this game will be hitting any Nintendo consoles, possibly even the Wii U.
Old August 21, 2012, 06:09:10 PM
Shaymin

I actually am really looking forward to this. And seeing a location that I did like a lot come back to life... I can tell I will love this.
Old August 21, 2012, 06:09:45 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Really looking forward to this. While it's no longer a platform problem that I have a 360, I still am curious if this game will be hitting any Nintendo consoles, possibly even the Wii U.
I doubt Nintendo will let GTA onto its name of games sold on their consoles. Then again, they do tend to be letting a lot of third party names makes games for then as of late. Only time will find the answer right now.
Old August 21, 2012, 08:18:21 PM
Charizard

Can't wait for this to come out, I'm going to be checking for the release date regularly

Last edited by Music; August 21, 2012 at 08:18:33 PM.
Old August 21, 2012, 08:25:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus is Epic View Post
I doubt Nintendo will let GTA onto its name of games sold on their consoles. Then again, they do tend to be letting a lot of third party names makes games for then as of late. Only time will find the answer right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Houser
Nintendo wanted us to make GTA, and we wanted to make a game on their platform. They didn’t want us to make a GTA for kids, and we weren’t interested in making a game we wouldn’t normally make.
Old August 21, 2012, 09:00:54 PM
Administrator

^ There was also Grand Theft Auto on the GameBoy Color and GameBoy Advance.
Old August 21, 2012, 09:18:06 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus is Epic View Post
WHOOPS DID I JUST SAY THAT OUT LOUD!

I forgot that they put them on the portables, sorry. That being said, a majority of Nintendo games are
..... Not gonna finish that sentence. All I'm saying is that it'll be weird to me by having GTA on a Nintendo console.
Old August 22, 2012, 08:44:35 AM
Administrator

Three more pictures today?! Rockstar, you are indeed spoiling us

For those of you who have played San Andreas, you surely remember Mount Chiliad and it's long windy roads. Looks like we'll be having some dirtbike fun on it.

Bleep....bloop...bleep...bloop PONG! (or Tennis as some of you may now it as ). Looks like we got a new activity to enjoy when not blowing up cops or driving into oncoming traffic. That's a very beautiful house, hopefully it gets to be one of our safehouses.

And finally, some parachuting near Mount Chiliad. Parachuting started in San Andreas and returned again in Ballad of Gay Tony (Episodes from Liberty City). Very nice view of the scenery from here.

Source and full-size images
Old August 22, 2012, 08:50:01 AM
Rayquaza

Has it been confirmed to be released in 2013?
Old August 22, 2012, 08:59:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Has it been confirmed to be released in 2013?
We got NOTHING on a release date yet. Though with all this pictures being put up (and they recently updated one of their viral marketing websites that they used way back to promote San Andreas with a Twitter Feed) I'm confident we'll be getting something soon.

Last edited by Yoshi648; August 22, 2012 at 09:03:30 AM.
Old August 22, 2012, 11:51:26 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
We got NOTHING on a release date yet. Though with all this pictures being put up (and they recently updated one of their viral marketing websites that they used way back to promote San Andreas with a Twitter Feed) I'm confident we'll be getting something soon.
It pissed me off that they didn't bother mentioning it in E3. I have high hopes the game gets released in summer of 2013.
Old August 22, 2012, 12:54:10 PM
Kyurem

After playing GTA IV recently, I really hope GTA V is better than the previous game. c:
And I hvae high hopes on that, ngl.
Old August 23, 2012, 04:29:38 PM
Giratina

I don't remember any parachuting in San Andreas, probably didn't get far enough into the game. I wonder if Rockstar will decide to pull a Just Cause 2 and allow players to use parachutes whenever they are free-falling, even if they already used and detached a parachute.

Who needs realism in games nowadays to have fun?
Old August 23, 2012, 05:06:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
I don't remember any parachuting in San Andreas, probably didn't get far enough into the game. I wonder if Rockstar will decide to pull a Just Cause 2 and allow players to use parachutes whenever they are free-falling, even if they already used and detached a parachute.

Who needs realism in games nowadays to have fun?
After you've done all the mission from San Fierro and moved on to the desert, you have to buy an abandoned air strip. There is a flight training mission where you learn to use it, and then use it on some later missions in the desert and Las Venturas. In BoGT you were given a parachute whenever you went to a base jump point, or hopped out of a helicopter (you could also purchase them for use whenever).
/offtopic
Old August 24, 2012, 08:15:24 PM
Administrator

Alright, last reply for a few weeks.

Final part of (what Rockstar calls) this week's 10 screenshot special. We got four more pictures today. Again, full-size images can be viewed here.

Here we got someone trying to steal a car (Dukes? Bullet GT?) off an auto-transporter with the cops on his tail. Perhaps this is for the auto-theft side mission?

A bi-wing plane flying through the countryside. Loving that water effect.

One of my favorite cars, the Infernus. Also notice the laser guide on the gun the cop in the helicopter is holding.

And we close off with a cop stand-off on the docks. Again, you can see the laser guide on the gun from the cops.

Also of note, notice how these images feature the other man from the trailer. This is just seems like more proof that we are going to have multiple protagonists. Perhaps this will be something like Episodes from Liberty City where there are multiple "stories" that all take place during the same time and have points where they all collide.

Last edited by Yoshi648; August 25, 2012 at 05:59:16 PM.
Old August 25, 2012, 02:19:13 AM
Rayquaza

When I saw that car and the helicopter in that resolution... *faints*
Old August 25, 2012, 02:56:22 AM
Shaymin

I hope the looks don't disappoint. They look really stunning.
Old August 26, 2012, 06:52:06 PM
Kyurem

Those graphics look just too good to be true. Especially dat water.
Old October 11, 2012, 04:11:48 PM
Administrator

So, it seems Game Informer (you know, the magazine GameStop tries to get you to subscribe to each time you buy something) will be featuring GTA V in December's issue. Looks like we are finally getting some information about it!

While on the topic of GameStop, apparently they had a release date of March 1st on their website, which was quickly pulled down. This date actually does make sense since all of Rockstar's recent major games (Max Payne, L.A. Noire, Red Dead Redemption) have been released around early-mid spring. Hope this is true, then we are just a few months away from blowing up stuff in San Andreas (again).
Old October 12, 2012, 04:11:22 PM
Shaymin

I do hope it's true. There aren't many games coming out at that time so I'll be glad if this one releases Early-Mid Spring rather than Early-Mid November like everything else.
Old October 24, 2012, 09:44:36 AM
Administrator

So, Rockstar uploaded the first piece of artwork for GTA V. Looks pretty cool, and desktop wallpaper sizes are available.

But more importantly is the bit on that page that says "Lots of info coming next month. Get ready."

MY BODY IS READY.

Also random note, next Friday is November 2nd. It's been almost exactly one year since GTA V was officially announced and the first trailer shown.

Last edited by Yoshi648; October 24, 2012 at 09:51:13 AM.
Old October 27, 2012, 11:14:11 PM
Administrator

So much double posting, need to spam it all.

A videogame store in England recently got this in the mail:

That's right, a promotional poster for GTA V. Important bits include a release date of Spring 2013 (again, aligning up with previous predictions) and listings of the Xbox 360 and PS3 logos (this doesn't necessarily mean there won't be a PC version, just not at launch).

Well, hope my 360 is up for countless hours of exploding stuff

Also on a some-what related note, GTA Vice City turns 10 years old next month and Rockstar is celebrating by releasing Vice City on iOS and Android devices (like they did back when GTA III turned 10).
Old October 27, 2012, 11:26:01 PM
Administrator

I won't be pre-ordering, but I definitely will pick it up sometime after launch.
Old October 27, 2012, 11:47:52 PM
Rayquaza

One more game to my list.
Old November 5, 2012, 08:05:33 AM
Keldeo

http://gamerant.com/grand-theft-auto-5-dlc/

The guy from take two talks about how it seems likely that there will be some DLC to go with V much as there was two on four. He did leave the announcement of date and what not to the people over at Rockstar.

We also might see some preorders for this game, so keep your eyes out.
Old November 5, 2012, 09:04:06 AM
Administrator

Yes, forgot to update this thread recently with all the new stuff. A lot of artwork has been revealed, and we are looking at a Spring 2013 release on the Xbox 360 and PS3. People in the UK get a pre-order bonus of the viewfinder as seen in that post Greenman linked to, along with a poster. Rockstar also had a second trailer to release soon but it has been delayed for an un-specified amount of time due to the hurricane and storms in the East cost resulting in power outages on November 14th.

More details of all of the above can be found here.

Last edited by Yoshi648; November 5, 2012 at 02:47:03 PM. Reason: 2nd trailer release date get
Old November 8, 2012, 11:33:11 AM
Administrator

Lots of info coming out today! There's lots of stuff so I'll just point you to this which goes into detail about everything.
Old November 14, 2012, 07:35:23 AM
Administrator

The second trailer has been released today and IT IS AWESOME.

Here we can see our three main characters and more into their lives. Also get more of a sense of just how big San Andreas is this time around. Oh, and lots of explosions. Can't have a GTA without those

Favorite lines:
Trevor: I'll swing by and sign the contracts alright, just ignore the bodies.

Michael's son: Hey let's bounce.
Michael: Bounce...we're bouncing now.

Michael: That's Trevor, my best friend. That's Franklin, the son I always wanted.
Franklin: Yeah whatever.
Trevor: Jesus, your therapist has a lot to answer for.

Last edited by Yoshi648; November 14, 2012 at 08:51:46 AM.
Old November 25, 2012, 12:33:08 PM
Haxorus

I couldn't help but crack a smile when Trevor burns down that house and just casually walks away.
Old December 24, 2012, 08:05:17 AM
Administrator

Rockstar gives us a holiday present of five more pictures from GTA V:

Pics within    

As mentioned before, we can swim around in the water (previously seen in San Andreas). Here we have a nice cuddly shark to play with.

Can't have underwater exploration without a mini submarine.

Franklin rolling with his dog Chomp. WE CAN DRIVE AROUND WITH DOGS IN OUR CARS, BEST GAME EVER!

Un-suspicious Hydra is un-suspicious.

And finally our three protagonists getting possibly an important phone call.
Old January 31, 2013, 08:18:18 AM
Administrator

Well got some good news, and some bad news.

Bad news: The game has been delayed until the fall.
Good news: A little extra time to final polish a game isn't always a bad thing, and we got an exact release date of September 17th.

Also from previous reports, we should be seeing the box art soon.

Source
Old January 31, 2013, 09:54:59 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Well got some good news, and some bad news.

Bad news: The game has been delayed until the fall.
Good news: A little extra time to final polish a game isn't always a bad thing, and we got an exact release date of September 17th.

Also from previous reports, we should be seeing the box art soon.

Source
This quite a shame but I guess they need to make sure the game is as good as it can be. Well at least we have a release date now which is good.
Old January 31, 2013, 12:48:04 PM
Giratina

Quote:
A little extra time to final polish a game isn't always a bad thing,
That's something SSB fans couldn't quite wrap their mind around it seems.

Personally, I most likely won't get GTA V. Not exactly because of lack of interest, but more because I don't have an Xbox 360. It definitely seems like it will be worth the wait, but I won't be able to play it unfortunately. Someone tell me how it is when it's released.
Old March 27, 2013, 01:25:45 PM
Administrator

Nearly two months later we finally get some new stuff from Rockstar. These images showcase some of the weather and atmosphere effects.

Interesting stuff to note:
*In the 5th image, we can see Franklin is wielding a mini-gun which wasn't present in GTA IV. Good for blowing up vehicles quickly.
*In the 8th image with Trevor on the motorcycle, we can see the cops are standing on the side-steps of the SUVs while hanging on to the roof. Perhaps now cops will have the ability to jump onto our moving cars?
Old March 27, 2013, 01:30:57 PM
Administrator

Ooh, I remember the mini-gun from Chinatown Wars. Glad to see it's making a return here.
Old March 30, 2013, 06:00:16 PM
Administrator

Haha, Rockstar has an awesome way to reveal the boxart

Very slowly painting it out on the side of a building (one near their New York office).

Close-up view

Last edited by Yoshi648; March 30, 2013 at 06:02:40 PM.
Old March 31, 2013, 03:51:45 PM
Keldeo

mmm pears, seems they are starting to be inventive about it all.
Old April 2, 2013, 08:57:43 AM
Administrator

Rockstar revealed the entire cover art this morning

And while we are at it, here is the current progress of the giant painting.

Last edited by Yoshi648; April 2, 2013 at 08:58:04 AM.
Old April 25, 2013, 10:57:00 AM
Administrator

I sure love posting in here don't I? Anyhow, some new stuff

First off, earlier this week Rockstar provided some updates featuring the Epsilon Program (in-game parody of the Church of Scientology that was used back in the original San Andreas and was used as part of it's game promotion). With this it provided a screensaver, which the backgrounds feature actual in-game footage showcasing weather effects. A video of these can be seen here. At 0:46 we can see a lighthouse, and if you look closely at 1:55 you can see some car headlights moving in the background. One of the interesting bits from this, was the text "Directions will be provided in one week's time." hinting at more info soon. This is also interesting as April 29th will be the 5th anniversary of GTA IV.

Now today, Rockstar announced on April 30th (next Tuesday) there will be trailers (yes trailers, as in multiple ) for each of the three protagonists.

Last edited by Yoshi648; April 28, 2013 at 09:13:19 AM.
Old April 25, 2013, 11:01:35 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
This is also interesting as April 28th will be the 5th anniversary of GTA IV.
Wow I really can't believe that GTA IV is that old.
Old April 26, 2013, 02:29:40 PM
Keldeo

Some tid bits that I didn't know about. It cost 100 million to produce GTA IV which is only about 66% of what it has cost them to build up GTA V.

Deeming it as one of the most expensive single player games to be produced. Estimates say that it cost Rockstar around 137 dollars over the span of two years to produce.

Info here so clickly: http://www.gamechup.com/is-gta-5-the...=zergnet_43636
Old April 26, 2013, 02:32:45 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Some tid bits that I didn't know about. It cost 100 million to produce GTA IV which is only about 66% of what it has cost them to build up GTA V.

Deeming it as one of the most expensive single player games to be produced. Estimates say that it cost Rockstar around 137 dollars over the span of two years to produce.

Info here so clickly: http://www.gamechup.com/is-gta-5-the...=zergnet_43636
Rockstar must have a lot of confidence in GTA V if they're going to spend that much money on it.
Old April 30, 2013, 07:19:37 AM
Administrator

Praise Arceus, three new trailers today!

Rockstar's website is being slow, so watch them all together here on YouTube. Here we get some more insight to the character's lives:

First we have Michael. He's rich and could have anything he wants, but as he still struggles with his daily life in his mid-life crises, he considers returning back to the chaotic criminal world to add some excitement to his life.

Next Franklin. He's living in gang territory where respect and being a gangster means everything, and Franklin is seen as an outsider because he "lives in the real world" and wants something better from himself.

Finally we have wacko Trevor. He lives out in the country with his drug lab and will blow up anything for kicks. Manners and public decency aren't on his list of things to do, so he makes plenty of "friends".

I must say, this will definitely be interesting during the game. Instead of just following one character, we get to follow three unique characters who live three different lives in three different parts of town with three different outlooks on life.

Last edited by Yoshi648; April 30, 2013 at 07:20:57 AM.
Old April 30, 2013, 07:44:57 AM
Haxorus

These new trailers just increase my exitement even more!
Old May 2, 2013, 09:00:52 AM
Administrator

Rockstar recently showed off a new demo of the game to various media outlets. With this comes lots of new info. Check out GTAV.net for summaries and links to more articles.

Last edited by Yoshi648; May 2, 2013 at 09:01:03 AM.
Old May 3, 2013, 08:47:43 AM
Haxorus

I hope they anounce a release for PC sometime, as it's only Xbox 360 and PS3 at the moment.
Old May 3, 2013, 09:17:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureAurorae View Post
I hope they anounce a release for PC sometime, as it's only Xbox 360 and PS3 at the moment.
Considering the previous GTA history, it's 99% certain it will be (most likely within the next year or so). Console versions have always been released first. I'm more interested in the fact there might potentially be a Wii U version as this would be the first time a major release GTA would hit a Nintendo platform.
Old May 23, 2013, 08:22:19 AM
Administrator

Special and Collectors Editions announced!

This morning, Rockstar announced both Special and Collectors Editions of GTA V.

Pics and descriptions in here    

First off, just for pre-ordering any version of the game (including the standard) you get access to a special Blimp. This is already included for those of you like me who pre-ordered the game previously.

Next we have the Special Edition.
  • Steelbook featuring never-before-seen artwork from the game.
  • A large poster featuring a blueprint map of Los Santos and the surrounding area along with interesting visiting points outlined.
  • Special Ability boost. As seen previously, each character has some sort of special ability. With the special edition, the bar that keeps track of the energy left to use it will regenerate 25% faster.
  • An additional side-quest of Stunt Plane challenges will be available.
  • More items to customize your characters with including clothing and tattoos, in addition to special deals from some of the in-game stores.
  • Finally, the Ammunation stores will give you free access to a Pistol .50, Bullpop Shotgun, and and melee hammer.
This will retail for $79.99

Next is the Collector's Edition

In addition to everything from the Special Edition, it will also include the following:
  • A GTA V themed money security deposit bag with matching key (reminds me of the security lock-box that came with GTA IV)
  • A hat with Los Santos written on the front and Rockstar and GTA V logos on the side (I actually have a hat almost exactly like this that was for San Andreas).
  • More multiplayer characters, including previous protagonists (so yes, you will supposedly get to play as high-definition Claude Speed, Tommy Vercetti, and Carl Johnson. Niko Bellic is confirmed as he is on the image above.)
  • Finally, you will get access to another vehicle storage garage, along with exclusive vehicles the Hotknife (last seen in San Andreas), CarbonRS sports bike, and during multiplayer a Khamelion high-end electric car.
  • All this will be bundled in a nice matte laminated box.
The Collector's Edition will retail for $149.99

I knew a Special Edition would eventually be announced as it has been done for San Andreas and IV, but wasn't expecting two versions. I am definitally going to be upgrading my pre-order to at least the Special Edition. Still debating on the full Collector's Edition. On the one hand, that is a lot of money for just one game (the Xbox 360 I'll be playing this on was cheaper). Then again considering I have over 400 hours logged on just GTA IV alone and V will be offering a lot more content, even for that high price it'll still be worth it in my case.

Rockstar's announcement page
Old May 23, 2013, 09:20:30 AM
Haxorus

I might buy the special edition and not the collectors edition. The collecters addition looks a bit too much.
Old May 23, 2013, 11:10:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Still debating on the full Collector's Edition
I know you'll own both of them by the turn of the decade.
Old May 23, 2013, 11:38:32 AM
Keldeo

Guess umpiring will tell which edition I get, ill get the special edition if not the collectors edition knowing me.
Old May 23, 2013, 11:50:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Guess umpiring will tell which edition I get, ill get the special edition if not the collectors edition knowing me.
Be sure to actually pre-order it this time, though. We saw what happened when you waited too long to pre-order the collector's edition of Borderlands 2.
Old May 23, 2013, 03:12:24 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Be sure to actually pre-order it this time, though. We saw what happened when you waited too long to pre-order the collector's edition of Borderlands 2.
Yes I know, that's the reason I went out and just preordered that collectors edition, that's umpiring for giving me money enough on hand to do so. Now I wait.
Old May 23, 2013, 03:17:06 PM
Administrator

I'm probably not going to get it at launch, but I'll definitely get it down the road. At least it's on a console I own.
Old May 25, 2013, 12:41:29 PM
Administrator

Also went ahead and got my pre-order down for the collector's edition.
Old July 9, 2013, 06:12:58 AM
Administrator

Gameplay trailer released!

Old July 9, 2013, 06:19:34 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Gameplay trailer released!

Holy crap! The interface is so beautiful and all the new features such as car customisation have literally got me on the edge of my seat!

Just want to say thanks to you Yoshi for all these updates!
Old August 29, 2013, 06:28:05 PM
Administrator

Lots of stuff happened in the last month:

We got our first look at Grand Theft Auto Online. Lots of great ways to kill and be killed by your friends. It will be more open then multiplayer from GTA IV in the sense that pretty much everything is available (such as all minigames and whatnot), plenty of missions and heists you can pull off with groups of people, and even customize your own missions and races and stuff.

Today another trailer was released, which gives some more insight to Michael's back-story.

Next, the Official GTA V website launched recently. It functions like a tourism guide showcasing the "glamor" of Los Santos. Just be careful when viewing the Screens tab at the bottom, A LOT of pictures (including many new ones if you haven't checked within the last few weeks).

More details have been released on what gameplay enhancements come with the Special and Collectors editions of the games. One of the more interesting notes is with the way the multiplayer character is created (by choosing parents), you can make your avatar the child of Niko Bellic (GTA IV protagonist), Claude Speed (GTA III protagonist), or Misty (prostitute from first few missions in GTA III).

Also seems Rockstar will be holding a contest soon to give away an actual Bravado Banshee (based off the Dodge Viper). Yes this is a real car, based on a fake car, based on a real car. Rockstar should totally manufacture/sell their parodied car badges on their website, I'd love to get a Moonbeam one for my van.

Finally thanks to a little mistake on Sony's part, some bits of game content were leaked such as all the in-game radio songs and all the Xbox Achievements / PlayStation Trophies.

Only 2.5 more weeks to go!

Last edited by Yoshi648; August 29, 2013 at 06:39:17 PM.
Old September 12, 2013, 05:31:58 PM
Administrator

Oh man, less than a week left!

Got some new info on the main game along with some info for the upcoming GTA Online.

Rockstar also lanched LifeInvader (Facebook parody), which you can actually sign into with your Social Club account and actually have the discounts/free stuff appear in your game.

While on that topic, I made a Crew for Victory Road for those of us that want to get together and blow eachother up.
Old September 17, 2013, 12:09:43 AM
Keldeo

Launch day is here. I will upload the pictures of what I have now and likely create an unboxing video so you can see me do that. I know exciting along with uploading pictures of the remaining content.

Pics are here:
Front:
Click image for larger version

Name:	GTA V Front.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	5337
Sides:

Name:	GTA V Side 1.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	5339Click image for larger version

Name:	GTA V Side 2.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	5340
back:

Name:	GTA V Back.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	5338

Also can be found in my photos here on VR if you want to look there instead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89U_V...ature=youtu.be
Quick Video look through of what was all included yes I will try to upload what the hat looks like on me and go through a more detailed review of the items and game play. Stay tuned.

Will upload pictures of the content in the next few days.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 17, 2013 at 12:17:59 AM. Reason: Twitter privacy FAIL
Old September 17, 2013, 05:27:58 AM
Administrator

Ugh, those pictures are going to torture me during the day (can't pick it up until like 5:30 when I'm done with work). Rockstar, Y U NO release on Sunday like Nintendo?

Man that looks nice though.
Old September 17, 2013, 11:57:59 AM
Keldeo

The key threw me off till I saw what was the last item I got out of the box. I do plan on getting pitures of the stuff inside when I get home along with doing a more detailed review of the items inside along with a better look and video.

Digital Version of the Map in the collectors edition
http://cheezburger.com/7790398976
Enjoy

Last edited by GreenMan; September 17, 2013 at 01:11:11 PM. Reason: I HAZ SO MANY MAPZ
Old September 17, 2013, 02:45:30 PM
Keldeo

Pictures of the content of the Collectors edition. They key threw me off till I saw the locked money bag, then it made more sense and was a lot cooler.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1972.JPG
Views:	348
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	5342   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1973.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	5343   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1974.JPG
Views:	378
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	5344   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1975.JPG
Views:	343
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	5345   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1976.JPG
Views:	345
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	5346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1977.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	5347   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1978.JPG
Views:	348
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	5348   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1979.JPG
Views:	365
Size:	2.63 MB
ID:	5349  

Name:	IMG_1980.JPG
Views:	350
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	5350   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1981.JPG
Views:	350
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	5351   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1982.JPG
Views:	352
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	5352   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1983.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	5353   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1984.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	5354  
Old September 18, 2013, 09:38:40 PM
Administrator

Alright, now that I've spent a few hours playing here are my thoughts:

First off the world. Holy Arceus this place is huge! Rockstar wasn't kidding when they said this was their largest map ever, larger then GTA IV, San Andreas, and maps from their other games combined. Lots and lots of places to explore, from the glamorous Vinewood, the run-down urban areas and the vast desert land there are plenty of places to get lost (I have the maps for San Andreas and IV memorized pretty well, but this is definitely going to take a while).

Rockstar certainly upheld keeping all the tiny details everywhere. Cracks in roads, motherboards in empty computer cases on a shelf, dim yellow headlights on older cars, it all really helps the world come to life. The world itself is also more colorful and vibrant than the dark gloomy feeling from Liberty City in GTA IV.

Gameplay is still nice and solid. Controls are kept from GTA IV, with the addition of some of the new features such as switching between characters. Cars have a more "arcade" style to them like they did in previous gen GTA games, not like the large boat-like driving from GTA IV. Outrunning the cops is both easier and difficult. While you now have to actually be in sight of the cops to be noticed (unlike IV where if you were just within a radius of a cop you were noticed), they have to completely lose sight of you for a few seconds (so parking up in an alley for a little bit is best bet to avoid being noticed).

Having to play as three characters might at first seem overwhelming thinking you are going to miss out on stuff, but it's nothing to worry about. When doing a mission as one character you aren't missing mission opportunities for another character, they will still be there when you switch over. Switching over is pretty simple, just takes a few seconds of loading to transition over. It's amusing to see what the character is in the middle of when you join them (anything from watching TV, out for a drive, or arguing with a cop about the cigarette you just threw on the ground). During missions where multiple protagonists are involved the game automatically switches to the prominent role to keep you in the action. While on that, missions are more action-packed so expect more explosions and stuff. Mission ratings are back from Ballad of Gay Tony, along with the new ability to replay missions (no longer have to have multiple save files for replaying favorite missions).

I've only played the game for 6 hours so far due to work, but I'm certainly enjoying my experience so far and look forward to many more hours of fun. I can probably safely say this is the best GTA yet.

Last edited by Yoshi648; September 18, 2013 at 09:40:14 PM.
Old September 20, 2013, 03:38:51 AM
Rayquaza

I played the game at my college yesterday.

It was pretty fun and I enjoyed a couple of the improvements.

Why is it I managed to have the character survive a 1000 foot fall then take more damage from being hit by whiplash and die?
Old September 24, 2013, 03:41:06 PM
Keldeo

http://gamerant.com/grand-theft-auto-5-reviews/

I do agree with this and the main point I lie about the game so far is the characters. They are individualist but you can relate to them. I aapluad them for doin so as it starts to get me thinking as that character Trevor is a good example.
Old September 27, 2013, 02:14:52 PM
Zoroark

So, what can I say about GTA V?
It's completely amazing. The world is ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE. There's SO much stuff to do, and it's all worthwhile to do it too. Most side activities raise your character's stats, and are entertaining to do. And everything is improved on from GTA IV. Driving feels like I'm playing a PS2 GTA game, shooting and cover is greatly improved upon (the reticle is kinda hard to see though), and the graphics are stunning for a console game. I'm sure PC will have beautiful graphics as well. The story is really enthralling for a GTA game, and you actually want to learn what had happened. The characters are all funny and unique in their own way too. Now all I want it GTA Online to launch. Really though, the only disappointment I have is that (and this is for Xbox players only) is the install. Takes around 6-7GBs of data to install. Otherwise, it's an amazing game and I definitely recommend it.
Old October 5, 2013, 08:37:42 AM
Administrator

No posts here in over a week? What's wrong with you people? Oh right, probably actually playing the game.

Well I finished the main story two weeks ago. A bit short compared to San Andreas and IV, but still was a great ride. As of this post I am at 82.10% completion with almost 53 hours played.

Grand Theft Auto Online was released earlier this week, though that wasn't with a few hiccups. Rockstar underestimated the amount of players and game access was slow. An update was released yesterday that fixed many of the issues. Thanks to that I was finally able to play it this morning. Sluggish servers aside, Rockstar did a great job of bringing the entire GTA universe to the online world. You can roam around freely like you can in the main game, or start a variety of missions (races, robberies, shootouts) with other people online in your town. You can also purchase your own properties to hang out with friends, and all of the character, vehicle, and weapon customization is present to spend all your hard earned money on.

For those of you who would like to get together with other members of Victory Road, I have a Victory Road Crew that you can join. Note I currently have it set to Invite Only, so please message me if you would like in.

I got a small collection of images here, and I'll eventually compile a video of some of my wackiness. Overall I will say I am having a blast (pun may or may not be intended) with GTA V.
Old October 5, 2013, 03:10:41 PM
Shaymin

I do like how the overworld is kinda like a mini hub for the other game modes. It's fun to just run around doing absolute non-sense then randomly BOOM, Bike race...

... Don't judge my activities...

I recently suffered the glitch of your character getting eaten by the "cloud".
Had to restart my little level 6 progress, but I'm slowly getting back.

I'm having tons of fun with this and probably will the next couple of weeks.
Old October 5, 2013, 10:53:42 PM
Keldeo

Played online, seems to be pretty fun but it's not something I'd do for hours on end. The races are amazing most fun when you have more people but if you got people from you "crew" they can also be fun as you can mess with each other. Might be a reason for me to get gold once I got time to play but we will see, defiantly noted.
Old October 6, 2013, 12:41:57 AM
Administrator

Even though I personally haven't played GTA Online (or GTA V at all), what I think they should have done is make it a proper MMO. The city is certainly big enough, and it could really have enhanced the game...of course, I've heard a lot about trolls simply going on killing sprees to people joining the free roam games.

Anyone lose their online character yet? I've heard that bit is incredibly buggy.
Old October 6, 2013, 07:25:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Even though I personally haven't played GTA Online (or GTA V at all), what I think they should have done is make it a proper MMO. The city is certainly big enough, and it could really have enhanced the game...of course, I've heard a lot about trolls simply going on killing sprees to people joining the free roam games.

Anyone lose their online character yet? I've heard that bit is incredibly buggy.
It kinda is an MMO. You start out in free roam, and from there you can join up with others to do robberies, races, golf, etc. Each successful task completed earns you Rank Points (experience points) which increases your online rank (level) which in turn unlocks more items to you (new weapons, car mods, clothing, etc). In addition, you can increase your skills (stamina, driving ability, shooting ability, etc) by repetitively doing them (which is also used to upgrade your story mode characters) much like you could in San Andreas. Your character itself is fully customized before starting by selecting who their parents are (to choose your appearance) and are given 24 hours to choose how to allocate their day (sleeping, working, sitting around doing nothing, etc) which in turn affects their appearance more and their initial stats. You can also join a team together with friends called crews (like a clan in an MMO) where you can work together to "level up", can share weapon ammo and vehicles, and split any of the cash you get.

As for people being "helpful" during free roam, there is a thing called Passive Mode. For $100 (in-game money obviously) this mode can be enabled where other's can't kill you during free roam. However you obviously can't kill back (can't bring up your weapon selection menu). However this is only while on-foot, you are still vulnerable while in your car. I have had a few times where I was looking at the in-game internet looking at houses or trying to find something on the map in the pause menu and BOOM my car blows up and I die. This also brings me to the next point, you can actually purchase full-coverage insurance for your vehicles where if they get destroyed you can get a free replacement. There is also an option in the multiplayer menu where you can choose who is able to use your car (just you, you+friends, you+teammates, everyone) so you are able to lock your car from use by others. You can also purchases garages where you can safely store your cars and apartments that can be accessed by friends when invited. Also there is a way to protect all the money you earn. When you die, some of your cash amount is dropped for other's to pick up. However you can deposit the cash into your bank account where it will be safe and can't be accessed by others. Since you can easily access an ATM through your smartphone (how you deposit and withdraw cash from it is beyond me...) and all in-game stores can take money from your bank account, it's wise to constantly deposit your cash to prevent it from being lost. The only thing I've seen so far that's cash-only is enabling passive mode. Finally, you can make your own sessions that are invite/friends/crew only to stick with just people you know (and can kick them in reality for blowing you up a million times virtually).

I haven't lost any multiplayer characters because I haven't been able to play whatsoever until the recent update. I did delete him once or twice to see if that would fix anything after the first update, but nothing. I have read about alot of people who lost hours and hours worth of gameplay, but Rockstar warned them a billion times on their website that it was still in development and anything can happen while they get all the bugs out.

Last edited by Yoshi648; October 6, 2013 at 07:50:38 AM.
Old October 8, 2013, 12:32:39 PM
Keldeo

Seems that Sony and Microsoft are playing the pointing finger game on why the game did not launch on PC.

"Somebody paid a lot of money to make sure that title was exclusive," he said.
He being Intel Director of Marketing Chris R. Silva.

Will be interesting to see how this works out but as Yoshi can attest to the PC launch is far after it's been on the console for a while, 1 year in the case of San Andreas and 8 months for GTA IV.

On the bright side GTA online issues will be fixed.
Article: http://www.examiner.com/article/inte...to-keep-it-off
Old October 8, 2013, 12:36:14 PM
Haxorus

It's a shame that the servers are not running properly. Last week I tried over 20 times to connect to the servers. When I finally got on, it kicked me out saying there was a problem connecting to the cloud!

Singleplayer is superb. I am currently doing my second single player playthrough and I have to say, I am glad I did it again. I decided to take it slow this time, doing activities on the side. (Triathalons FTW)
Old October 8, 2013, 12:50:36 PM
Keldeo

Don't get me started on those Triathalons I had no problems with any but what I believe is the last one. One where the first leg is 7 minutes of button mashing followed by more button mashing, one time I wish I had a turbo controller for that since my characters stamina is maxed (all three of them forced them to walk a lot).

Currently on the attack the military or cut into the ship to steal stuff (Trevor sets the mission up) so I'm going to max everyone underwater time out to make it easier I'm taking it really slow so I'm really enjoying it.
Old October 8, 2013, 12:53:20 PM
Haxorus

use Franklin for the last one I tried with Michael and kept falling back in the cycling part
Old October 8, 2013, 12:55:11 PM
Keldeo

I was doing it with Trevor and having the same issue started to lose it at the biking but did fine at the swimming. I'll try him out next time I'm playing.
Old March 18, 2014, 01:02:03 PM
Administrator

There's a sucker born every minute:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...AVCASHPACK000F