Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Victory Road Network Support

Notices

Victory Road Network Support Suggestions? Errors? Comments? Questions?

Search this Thread
Old November 18, 2011, 12:27:40 PM
Kyurem

Default Petition: Clan Board

Clan Board
Well I make this petition so we can get a clan board.

Table of Content within a clan
Clan are Pokemon based for battling, DS and Pokemon (DISALLOWED). Most clans have an unqiue ranks up system, you can rank up by battling a clan tester. The Clan Tester test users to see if they should ranks up. Before a rank up battle you must have a certain amount of Clan's Points before being able to rank up. Clans are lead by a Head-Leader and a Co-Leader. Some clans have more then one division for example: A clan have a Grass, and Fire Division lead by different leaders. Clans can have Clan Tournament with one another to earn clan's prizes. Clans can battle even another in a Clan War between two clans. A clan war can be 3 vs 3 or 5 vs 5 with subs. Subs are people that will fill in another users if they are unable to battle. Like Spirit said we are not a huge forum so we may need clan's limits on users. Also for clan you may only be in one because if you are in two it may causes conflict between clans.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Aquablast; December 19, 2011 at 04:05:02 PM.
Old November 18, 2011, 01:55:08 PM
Giratina

What exactly would the purpose of clans be? With Syra, his petition to get a Manga board is very clear because he, and others, want a board to be able to discuss Manga related items.

With what you put, I don't have a clear understanding of what you mean by "friendly wars." What would they be about? How would one go about joining a clan and make it clear that they are in a clan? More importantly, how would you convince the staff that clans are needed or strongly wanted? One last thing, what do you mean by "We got battler here"? Do you mean battlers? If so, that would make more sense.

While I'm not opposed to the idea, I can't be in favor of it unless I get more details and a clear understanding of what clans could do.
Old November 18, 2011, 02:26:25 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
What exactly would the purpose of clans be? With Syra, his petition to get a Manga board is very clear because he, and others, want a board to be able to discuss Manga related items.
Battling, I thought most people heard of clans.

With what you put, I don't have a clear understanding of what you mean by "friendly wars." What would they be about? How would one go about joining a clan and make it clear that they are in a clan? More importantly, how would you convince the staff that clans are needed or strongly wanted? One last thing, what do you mean by "We got battler here"? Do you mean battlers? If so, that would make more sense.
Clan can have competition against the other clan, most commonly they are called Clan Wars. Being more than one clan be pretty hard, I think they should only be in more than one clan. Yes I forgot the s.

While I'm not opposed to the idea, I can't be in favor of it unless I get more details and a clear understanding of what clans could do.
Clan are just hard to really explain. It is easier to see, if you want to see one go to Team Lunacy in Battling and Trading Board.
Old November 18, 2011, 07:49:06 PM
Regigigas

I was about to say...Team Lunacy is basically the precursor to this Clan idea...I don't see there being a huge problem with this, but it might be easier to just have Lunacy face other clans outside of VR. A ton of VR's competitive battlers are already involved with it anyway, it'd be unnecessary work forming a second clan for the same forum anyway.
Old November 18, 2011, 09:17:44 PM
Rayquaza

Moreover, we don't have enough members to support multiple clans, unless you can put a limit to how many members can join a clan.
Old December 19, 2011, 03:32:16 PM
Kyurem

I edited the post completely, it is better now.
Old December 19, 2011, 05:52:10 PM
Kyurem

Possibly we could set up a bunch of clans and we pick the 5 most popular ones?
Old December 19, 2011, 07:40:15 PM
Keldeo

No need for boards: we have something like this. http://victoryroad.net/group.php?do=create
Old December 19, 2011, 07:42:44 PM
Giratina

Seeing as group boards are rarely looked at and an entire board is unnecessary for clans, I think clans should just stick to threads in the Battling and Trading board. We don't have nearly enough members for a board full of clans.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; December 20, 2011 at 05:05:26 PM.
Old December 20, 2011, 07:34:50 AM
Volcarona

I have to say... I feel honored. I would have never thought that Team Lunacy would have made an impact in inspiring this. I feel that Clan wars among different clans on the internet would work better because this is such a small forums.... we are like the marines-- the few, the proud. And furthemore, it would be like our team competing against the world... like a football game whereas different clans from different sites can come face us. Perhaps this could even promote others to look at this place and observe what we do.... on the other hand, it is a mutual benefit for both us and the rival forums in promoting advertisement in the form of clan wars. I at first wanted to see different clans here, but now considering what others like Quadcenturo and AuraKshatriya said, we are just too small to make multiple clans. Besides, VR should be a team. we should only fight when we spar, not war with one another. So in conclusion, I'm very pleased at what has become of the outcome even in spite of my absence. I hope we can come up with some sort of compromise, like making the clan our official VR team to face the rest of the internet forums. That's all I can say on the matter.

~Nytz~

Last edited by Nytz; December 20, 2011 at 07:59:55 AM.
Old December 20, 2011, 09:09:24 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytz View Post
VR should be a team. we should only fight when we spar, not war with one another.
Off-Topic but... You should've joined VR earlier, and tell us this.
Old December 20, 2011, 11:03:54 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytz View Post
I have to say... I feel honored. I would have never thought that Team Lunacy would have made an impact in inspiring this. I feel that Clan wars among different clans on the internet would work better because this is such a small forums.... we are like the marines-- the few, the proud. And furthemore, it would be like our team competing against the world... like a football game whereas different clans from different sites can come face us. Perhaps this could even promote others to look at this place and observe what we do.... on the other hand, it is a mutual benefit for both us and the rival forums in promoting advertisement in the form of clan wars. I at first wanted to see different clans here, but now considering what others like Quadcenturo and AuraKshatriya said, we are just too small to make multiple clans. Besides, VR should be a team. we should only fight when we spar, not war with one another. So in conclusion, I'm very pleased at what has become of the outcome even in spite of my absence. I hope we can come up with some sort of compromise, like making the clan our official VR team to face the rest of the internet forums. That's all I can say on the matter.

~Nytz~
Well I do think since we are smaller to have a limit number of clans and then they have a limit. Clan Wars aren't made to make enemies, they are for fun battling. It gives you a chance to battle some people you never didn't before and have fun.
Old December 20, 2011, 01:20:54 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquablast View Post
Well I do think since we are smaller to have a limit number of clans and then they have a limit. Clan Wars aren't made to make enemies, they are for fun battling. It gives you a chance to battle some people you never didn't before and have fun.
People should realize that a rivalry could spawn, friendly it might be at first, but when butt-hurt people gets tired of getting beat by the same clan... yeah, it's more trouble than it's actually worth.