Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old August 20, 2012, 02:35:30 PM
Administrator

Default Keldeo event at GameStop

It's Rainbow Dash's cousin.

Time for another event Pokémon. From August 27th (next week) to October 6th, stop by a GameStop to pick up a Keldeo for your Pokémon Black and/or White. It knows the moves Aqua Jet, Leer, Double Kick, and BubbleBeam. This can then be transferred to Black/White 2 for a special event where Keldeo can change into another form.

Source
Old August 20, 2012, 02:37:03 PM
Administrator

Looks like I'm going to GameStop after school next Monday.
Old August 20, 2012, 03:05:54 PM
Shaymin

There we go, now they've announced it, the long-awaited Keldeo! I love having events available in Canada so much. Can't wait to head over to the mall and grab my Keldeo! Then probably reserve my copy of Black 2 in the process...
Old August 20, 2012, 03:25:13 PM
Shaymin

Do we know what level it will be?

And I am not sure I will drive an hour just to get something I wont use. But it will be a nice souvenir.

Last edited by teamplasma; August 20, 2012 at 03:25:20 PM.
Old August 20, 2012, 04:32:41 PM
Volcarona

It's in a Cherish Ball at level 15 and holds a PP Max. Bulbanews reported this information back on the 5th.
Old August 21, 2012, 03:10:55 AM
Floatzel

I heard about this in my email.
I am so getting that keldeo
Old August 21, 2012, 03:22:34 AM
Shaymin

Thankfully I can get my hands on one. That's all I can really say because... eh, this legendary never interested me... Not sure why.
Old August 21, 2012, 12:01:27 PM
Kyurem

it will be nice to see other keldeo in battles now, I wounder how awsome the wifi battles will be now when you see this guy come out and looks you in the face.
Old August 21, 2012, 04:38:48 PM
Haxorus

Once I have money again, I'll mosey on over and pre-order B/W 2
Old August 21, 2012, 04:49:36 PM
Rayquaza

I usually don't bother to go inside the Gamestop, I just get it from the parking lot.

I'm just glad to say that soon I'll now have every pokemon except for Deoxys, Meleotta, and Genesect.
Old August 21, 2012, 05:05:48 PM
Zoroark

Thanks for leting me know Yoshi!
I really want it, now I can be just two Pokémon away from finishing my B/W Pokédex!
Old August 22, 2012, 11:45:43 AM
Volcarona

Okay room, you are going to be completely cleaned sometime this weekend (before or after work). My room ate my DS, so it must meet this fate now! Then I can go up to Gamestop and acquire this Little Pony. Thankfully I have a month to do this still.
Old August 22, 2012, 03:07:39 PM
Charizard

I might not bother with that, seeing as I own the Japanese one already.
That being said, the distribution cart will most likely get dumped and leaked onto the internet, just like every other Gamestop distribution cartridge, so why not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
I'm just glad to say that soon I'll now have every pokemon except for Deoxys, Meleotta, and Genesect.
I'm going to assume you don't have Wi-Fi?
Old August 25, 2012, 03:31:34 PM
Giratina

I can probably sneakily get my mom to do this on Tuesday after band practice. Yes, my long awaited BIRTHDAY KELDEO SWAG will finally be mine~!
Old August 25, 2012, 08:34:34 PM
Giratina

oh im worried I won't be able to get the next events to come.. If I am ever seen in public with a ds in hand, ill be labled a loser and stuff i don't like. Now, as you probably know that's not fun.. I hope i can find a way.. Hey, anyone up for giving me a keldeo? *shot*
Old August 25, 2012, 10:25:43 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
oh im worried I won't be able to get the next events to come.. If I am ever seen in public with a ds in hand, ill be labled a loser and stuff i don't like. Now, as you probably know that's not fun.. I hope i can find a way.. Hey, anyone up for giving me a keldeo? *shot*
Start being secure and just do it. I had to use my mom's pink DS for all the Zorua and Zoroark events. (3 dogs and Celebi across 3 games) Raised that thing and showed the whole GameStop what was up.

If I'd give up my anti-competitive battling attitude for anything, it'd be for this Pokémon. I've never liked any legendary more than I do this one, except for Giratina which holds a special place in my heart.
Old August 25, 2012, 10:59:23 PM
Regigigas

Hmm... I guess I can get Pokemon conquest and a Keldeo!
Old August 26, 2012, 03:53:16 AM
Giratina

yeah. If my mom took me to gamestop for an event ever again, that'd be cool. But no, she hates me playing Pokemon and would probably never let me. Which is why im also worried about me not being able to obtain Black 2...
Old August 26, 2012, 04:50:29 AM
Regigigas

Can't wait to get this while I'm up there for pre-orders next month on my birthday. Events are always exciting.
Old August 26, 2012, 05:23:09 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
I don't think you'd be labelled a loser for being seen with a DS in hand in a game shop that sells these things, and also there'd probably be at least more than just you here, depending on where you live.
Old August 26, 2012, 06:50:50 AM
Giratina

Well, that's not what I mean by public. I actually mean in front of friends. Believe me, once you are seen playing anything Nintendo in my school, its like a button that says "MAKE FUN OF ME. PLEASE!" and then what I said about my mom earlier, that poses another problem...
Old August 26, 2012, 08:48:44 AM
Rayquaza

I have no idea why you guys don't take cabs, public buses or metro/trains (if available). My parents don't drive me around and I don't drive neither. I use public transports all the time... Personally, I wish we had GameStop here in Dubai, but we don't. And even if we did, I don't think we would ever get an event, considering how Toys R Us never hosted an event here. So yes, Pokémon fans in this country are disappointed.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; August 27, 2012 at 11:18:57 AM.
Old August 26, 2012, 01:22:49 PM
Charizard

I've reminded Mom about this when I heard the news, I'll see if I can get her to get me to GameStop after one of my College classes this week.

...Did I mention that I love how they've decided to start using GameStop more? One gets tired of going out-of-state just to get one Legendary Pokemon.
Old August 26, 2012, 03:03:56 PM
Regigigas

This will be my first non wifi event I never had the chance before.
Old August 27, 2012, 09:06:15 AM
Giratina

Once I convince my mom and get this.. Imma have to do some serious soft-resetting.
Old August 27, 2012, 10:54:42 AM
Regigigas

what? GameStop? I thought I got rid of you after the shiny beast distributions!
(spoiler: Vel hates GameStop because one time they ripped him off)
Oh well, my bus route passes by there so maybe I'll just get it while the other kids are getting off the bus.
Old August 27, 2012, 06:38:35 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
I have no idea why you guys don't take cabs, public buses or metro/trains (if available). My parents don't drive me around and I don't drive either. I use public transports all the time.
Because I have no money for transportation, I save it up for things that I'll need later. So why should I waste all of it on bus or cab fare when I could easily call up my mom who is willing at ANY time to drive me WHEREVER I want?
Well, at least that's MY excuse. I don't know about anyone else, because the rest are just fat, lazy, or fat lazy Americans.
I don't think I'll be able to claim it tomorrow. I just realized that I have practically no time after school to go to GameStop, and even if I did, it would look kind of suspicious that I suddenly have my DS with me at school, because I'm not allowed to take it. Maybe Friday. *sigh*
Old August 27, 2012, 09:04:13 PM
Volcarona

Great month to lose my DSi, huh?

Ah well, good thing I don't care about legendaries or the Pokédex
Old August 30, 2012, 11:59:51 AM
Volcarona

I'd like getting Keldeo. I tried getting him at a local EB Game store at a nearby mall, turns out they weren't ready for the release. >,:

Last edited by GalliumGrant; August 30, 2012 at 12:00:20 PM.
Old August 30, 2012, 02:57:33 PM
Volcarona

I decided to finally get this event today. I got there, and they didn't have the distribution cartridge in anything, so I had to wait for the clerk to find the cartridge. When he did, I got the Keldeo via Mystery Gift, so everything's all right. I have plans for this one, big plans...
Old August 30, 2012, 03:33:06 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
I have no idea why you guys don't take cabs, public buses or metro/trains (if available). My parents don't drive me around and I don't drive neither. I use public transports all the time... Personally, I wish we had GameStop here in Dubai, but we don't. And even if we did, I don't think we would ever get an event, considering how Toys R Us never hosted an event here. So yes, Pokémon fans in this country are disappointed.
Would you be glad that I took public transport? : D

I got mine so I am happy. Not much I can say other than that.
Old August 30, 2012, 06:27:12 PM
Giratina

I get mine tomorrow. I'm so excited that I'm bouncing up and down waiting for the day to be over (On the inside, my legs hurt too much to actually bounce.) But people heard I was going, and since they don't wanna waste their time taking 3 Metros to a GameStop and then walking back home, they forced their games on to me (no they asked nicely) so I could download it for them. What am I, Keldeo Download Service?
Old August 30, 2012, 08:04:38 PM
Administrator

Went to GS today (which was COMPLETELY empty sans the one employee, the joys of going at noon) and got my little pony.
Old August 31, 2012, 07:49:37 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Went to GS today (which was COMPLETELY empty sans the one employee, the joys of going at noon) and got my little pony.
I see what you did there.

Last edited by Velociraptor78; August 31, 2012 at 07:50:06 AM. Reason: apparently italics don't show up in a quote :V
Old August 31, 2012, 11:29:09 AM
Administrator

Got mine and immediately put it in the collection.
Old August 31, 2012, 01:13:35 PM
Regigigas

I am gonna try and get mine tomorrow or at least soon.
Old August 31, 2012, 03:48:51 PM
Volcarona

Don't forget that Keldeo gets an exclusive move tutor move in B/W, Secret Sword.

It's a special (deals physical damage though), 85 power, 100 accuracy Fighting move, with 10 PP (Competitive batters: this is much better than Sacred Sword even though it drops 5 power. You're playing to Keldeo's 129 base Sp. Attack rather than his 72 base Attack.).

All you have to do to get it is walk into the Moor of Icirrus with Keldeo and the 3 Musketeer trio (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion) in your party, and a cutscene will initiate. I don't really know if Keldeo has to be in the front of the party, so I'd put him there just to be sure.

EDIT: Turns out learning this move is the only way to access his Resolute Forme if you transfer him to your B2/W2 cart.

Last edited by ThePokeMan; August 31, 2012 at 04:08:29 PM.
Old August 31, 2012, 04:32:46 PM
Giratina

I just picked up my Keldeo today, 4 of them to be exact, although only 2 are mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePokeMan View Post
Turns out learning this move is the only way to access his Resolute Forme if you transfer him to your B2/W2 cart.
Interesting little fact about the formes. This might count as a small spoiler sooooo
My Little Keldeo    
In BW2, you can still use the alternate forms in a connection battle, or however you call it. Even with Black and White. The sprite will remain the same as the original in Black and White, since it wasn't in the first 2, but it will retain all modified stats and moves and keep the visible forme change in BW2.
Old August 31, 2012, 10:16:49 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
Interesting little fact about the formes. This might count as a small spoiler sooooo
My Little Keldeo    
In BW2, you can still use the alternate forms in a connection battle, or however you call it. Even with Black and White. The sprite will remain the same as the original in Black and White, since it wasn't in the first 2, but it will retain all modified stats and moves and keep the visible forme change in BW2.
Just like Deoxys in Gen 3.
Old August 31, 2012, 10:20:59 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
Just like Deoxys in Gen 3.
Yeah except in 4th Gen for some stupid reason they derped out with Giratina, Rotom, and Shaymin. That made me upset. :I You know I'm not a fan of Hoenn, I'd never remember that. (Especially anything Deoxys related since it's the only legendary that eludes me.)
After I determine what my perfect Keldeo will have, I think I'll begin training in mid-September. It'll take a few weeks, because school and my small social life, so it'll probably be over by the time BW2 comes out.
Old September 9, 2012, 01:56:00 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePokeMan View Post
EDIT: Turns out learning this move is the only way to access his Resolute Forme if you transfer him to your B2/W2 cart.
No, you take it to the Moor of Icirrus along with Terrakion, Virizion, and Colbalion to teach it Sacred Sword.

Whoops, misread your post. Anyways, too bad we can't nickname it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-09 17.54.04.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	301.5 KB
ID:	3817  

Last edited by DashArmy; September 9, 2012 at 01:57:11 PM. Reason: Whoops
Old September 9, 2012, 03:22:47 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashArmy View Post
No, you take it to the Moor of Icirrus along with Terrakion, Virizion, and Colbalion to teach it Sacred Sword.

Whoops, misread your post. Anyways, too bad we can't nickname it.
Since when could you nickname event Pokémon? They usually belong to people like "GAMESTOP2012" But it doesn't matter to me, one of my rules is to never nickname a legendary. But if I did, it would definitely be "KELDEOSWAG."
Yeah, he meant the visible forme change is BW2 only.
Old September 9, 2012, 03:38:50 PM
Volcarona

You know, I've never received an event Pokémon. I'm so happy I did, though. Now comes the painful part, where Keldeo sits in my PC for a long, long time, never to be used...
Old September 9, 2012, 05:35:03 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalliumGrant View Post
You know, I've never received an event Pokémon. I'm so happy I did, though. Now comes the painful part, where Keldeo sits in my PC for a long, long time, never to be used...
There are 3 things you could do with an event Pokémon.
1. Friendly approach: You just got a new friend! Level it up and make it battle and teach it the kewlest moves you could imagine! Eee!
2. Competitive approach: So, SR for some great IVs for a couple hours, get your Power Items ready, head to your EV spots and start the EV Training! (Or whatever it is they do)
3. Collector's approach: You just got a special Pokémon! Store it in the PC and keep it for ages!
I usually collect special and rare Pokémon, but Keldeo is different. It means something to me, so I'm taking the competitive approach, whatever it is they do.
Old September 9, 2012, 05:39:09 PM
Giratina

Keldeo is definitely a great Sp. Attacker. Great addition to a team I have in mind. Which is why I am going to soft reset like no tomorrow once I get it