Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old September 11, 2011, 04:36:45 AM
Rayquaza

Default PokéPark 2 CONFIRMED + Mewtwo Event

While details are currently scarce, TV Tokyo has announced that the episode of Pokémon Smash set to air on September 18th will feature Jun'ichi Masuda, Director and Composer of the Pokémon Company revealing a shocking announcement. From previous experience, it is speculated that this announcement would be about a new game.

Furthermore, the Pokémon Company's CEO, Tsunekazu Ishihara, had previously said that there will be more surprises this year, which should keep our expectations up throughout these last few months. People expect some details to be shown by the upcoming release of CoroCoro, which should be anytime soon.

For the time being, it was announced that a new Mewtwo event will be held soon, but no details were provided.

EDIT:The shocking announcement is now confirmed through CoroCoro magazine leaks a sequel to the old PokéPark game on the Wii, called PokéPark 2:Beyond The World. Pictures can be seen below.

Source: Serebii

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; September 12, 2011 at 12:06:23 PM.
Old September 11, 2011, 05:32:19 AM
Zoroark

How could a Mewtwo event be shocking?
Old September 11, 2011, 05:37:31 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun View Post
How could a Mewtwo event be shocking?
The Mewtwo event is something else from the other hidden news. The 'shocking' news will be announced by the creator, not as a promotion.
Old September 11, 2011, 06:00:24 AM
Zoroark

Oh. What do you think it might be? I think it will be the announcment of Keldeo or the next movie, or RSE remakes/Grey/Gray

Last edited by Plusleplusminun; September 11, 2011 at 06:00:47 AM.
Old September 11, 2011, 06:21:43 AM
Rayquaza

I can't say for sure. If it is a 'shocking' announcement, then better for it to be an interesting game rather than just a simple Pokémon, as that won't be really as shocking as expected. Again, Pokémon Company has made a lot of fuss before out of simple things, so it won't be surprising if they do so now too.
Old September 11, 2011, 06:44:56 AM
Regigigas

I just hope it's not the bad kind of shock.
Old September 11, 2011, 08:12:54 AM
Giratina

Even though there's no confirmation yet that the announcement is related to a new game(s), I'm feeling really excited right now. The possibilities seem endless after the release of B/W, since the game(s) could be anything from a 3rd main title, a new Wii title, RSE remakes or a spin-off game such as Ranger/Mystery Dungeon. I just hope this 'massive shock announcement' doesn't turn out to be anticlimactic, otherwise I would feel pretty disappointed.

Last edited by Shadow; September 11, 2011 at 08:13:07 AM.
Old September 11, 2011, 08:19:51 AM
Regigigas

Mystery Dungeon and/or Grey please. Now I don't know why but I suddenly want a third version. I just don't want it to be on the 3DS. I just don't.
Old September 11, 2011, 08:22:30 AM
Rayquaza

I prefer it is not on 3DS exclusively, otherwise it is certain I won't be playing the game.
Old September 11, 2011, 09:07:41 AM
Rayquaza

Just to mention guys there is no confirmation that a new game will be revealed!

I think it's more likely Keldeo will be revealed.
Old September 11, 2011, 09:12:19 AM
Rayquaza

It wouldn't make sense to release Keldo before the release of the third version of this generation, as the players of the new game would like to earn Keldeo too. It makes more sense to release the game first and then the event, thus all the games would be able to get it at the same time.
Old September 11, 2011, 09:13:23 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Just to mention guys there is no confirmation that a new game will be revealed!

I think it's more likely Keldeo will be revealed.
But this is not a 'massive shock announcement'. A Keldeo event seems very underwhelming when the implications of the previous quote are considered, since I doubt they would call a simple Pokémon event as such.

EDIT: Ninja'd...

Last edited by Shadow; September 11, 2011 at 09:14:50 AM.
Old September 11, 2011, 11:09:04 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
It wouldn't make sense to release Keldo before the release of the third version of this generation, as the players of the new game would like to earn Keldeo too. It makes more sense to release the game first and then the event, thus all the games would be able to get it at the same time.
Wait why?

Arceus was given out but the event never was though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
But this is not a 'massive shock announcement'. A Keldeo event seems very underwhelming when the implications of the previous quote are considered, since I doubt they would call a simple Pokémon event as such.
Underwhelming?

Hey it's still considered a new pokemon and Victini was revealed around this time last year.

Sorry guys but I don't want everyone to get overly excited only to end up disappointed.

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 11, 2011 at 11:15:32 AM.
Old September 11, 2011, 02:41:43 PM
Kyurem

I don't what this "shocking news" is but please be good news not bad. Maybe it is that all game titles will be continued on the 3DS (I thought that was the case so that why I bought my 3DS this year.) As for the Mewtwo, I am glad to see it back for an event, I hope it got cool moves.
Old September 11, 2011, 10:38:09 PM
Kyurem

Would be nice if somehow this mewtwo had some kind "mewtwo only item' like pikachu's and the lati twins, or maybe get a rare move it dosnt have and maybe a c-gear skin.
Old September 12, 2011, 06:21:31 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Wait why?

Arceus was given out but the event never was though.
That is true, but when Arceus was given out, Platinum was released along with both Diamond and Pearl. Therefore, they had released it when all the three games were already out. Plus, the events of Shaymin and Darkrai and Arceus Giveaway took place after a good amount of time from 2006, so they still have time to proceed with the three awaited events.
Old September 12, 2011, 08:25:49 AM
Zoroark

Okay, you know how they said it was a 'shock' announcment? I don't this will happen, but since they're giving out mewtwo, and it's a shock announcment, I think it could be the announcment of a Yellow remake! Not likely at all though.
Old September 12, 2011, 08:30:17 AM
Rayquaza

The shocking announcement is now confirmed through CoroCoro and it is not shocking at all; they were exaggerating...

It is a sequel to the old PokéPark game on the Wii, called PokéPark 2 Beyond The World. Nothing impressive...

Last edited by Shadow; September 12, 2011 at 08:42:32 AM. Reason: Adding the images.
Old September 12, 2011, 08:39:56 AM
Giratina

Quote:
The shocking announcement is now confirmed and it is not shocking at all; they were exaggerating...

It is a sequel to the old PokéPark game on the Wii, called PokéPark 2 Beyond The World. Nothing impressive...

There's no need to employ such a negative tone just because you don't own a Wii...

Anyway, I must say I'm slightly disappointed that no new information has been revealed about a RSE remake/3rd main title. However, I'm quite optimistic about this new game even though the prequel didn't impress me. I hope they step up everything because I could really use a good Pokémon game right now.

Last edited by Shadow; September 12, 2011 at 08:42:44 AM.
Old September 12, 2011, 10:14:19 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
The shocking announcement is now confirmed through CoroCoro and it is not shocking at all; they were exaggerating...

So much for unbiased news!

Anyway, I never played the first one, but I'm sure that people who did will enjoy the sequel.
Old September 12, 2011, 10:41:16 AM
Administrator

Ah, well that came out of nowhere. I actually enjoyed the first PokePark. Yes it was a bit short, but it was a nice change of pace from the "catch everything and grind to get perfect everything to defeat others" that the main series has. I look forward to seeing more details.
Old September 12, 2011, 01:22:45 PM
Joltik

The first one wasn't just short, it was also very, very easy. Game Freak, if you can give me a longer, more challenging game I will buy it. If not, my copy of the game will remain on store shelves.
Old September 12, 2011, 02:10:28 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
That is true, but when Arceus was given out, Platinum was released along with both Diamond and Pearl. Therefore, they had released it when all the three games were already out. Plus, the events of Shaymin and Darkrai and Arceus Giveaway took place after a good amount of time from 2006, so they still have time to proceed with the three awaited events.
The game was released in Japan in 2006 then us in 2007. Darkrai came out in 08, Shamyin and Arceus 09.

Anyways I didn't beat the first one but this second seem ok, I may get it or I may not.
Old September 12, 2011, 02:13:30 PM
Regigigas

Pokepark? Seriously? I don't consider this a big shock announcement at all. In fact, to me it was a rather large disappointment. If it's going to be a mini game, at least make it stadium-like.

Just, Why? I want to know why.

Last edited by DashArmy; September 12, 2011 at 02:13:52 PM.
Old September 12, 2011, 02:36:35 PM
Shaymin

I don't think I will buy it...
Old September 12, 2011, 04:59:42 PM
Cyndaquil

Me neither. I wonder why so soon though? Wasn't it just less than a year or more than that the first was released?
Old September 12, 2011, 05:21:29 PM
Kyurem

Tch. I was really hoping for a a new addition to the series, rather than a Wii spin-off. :u
Oh well. At least we're getting another Pokemon game.
Old September 13, 2011, 09:08:26 AM
Servine

Pikachu trolled those who had not cared for PpWii.

However, if I hear this one is more... Challenging and long than the first, then maybe I will consider it. I remember seeing videos of the battle system and it would have probably been neat to have an action sided game that wasn't turn based. Rumble doesn't count as I mean organic Pokemon and not toys.
Old September 13, 2011, 01:25:51 PM
Volcarona

They need to make a Pokemon game that has a Narnia-like feel.

Or perhaps with a death system like King's Quest VII where the character reflects on that mistake.

"Hmm...I suppose you can't just *take* things out of an offering bowl."

Last edited by Armed Floatzel; September 13, 2011 at 01:27:19 PM.
Old September 15, 2011, 03:38:16 AM
Charizard

Well, I was personally hoping for Mystery Dungeon 3, but oh well...

According to Serebii, there is a new area called "Another World", and it is said to be wrapped in riddles and made out of candy and cookies, I'm serious, this place is made out of sugary sweets, giving me a better reason NOT to buy this game...
Old September 15, 2011, 10:01:01 AM
Volcarona

.......This is a joke right? I can imagine day 1 and so on.....it will bomb. NO ONE should have to pay $50 meaning $100 = playing as Pikachu throughout 90% of both games rather then giving us the next Mystery Dungeon and adding awesome changes......derp.
Old September 15, 2011, 01:05:24 PM
Administrator

Sheesh you guys aint easy to please are you?
Old September 15, 2011, 03:48:51 PM
Pikachu

I would rather get a next mystery dungeon than pokepark... but pokepark is still quite cool besides the fact your always pikachu >-<
I just lik ethe battles in it, but i completed it too easily and i think this game will be more suitable to younger children .