Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Music and Audio

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 23, 2010, 09:11:21 PM
Servine

Default Venting

*sigh*

Sorry for bothering you guys, but I just need to vent.

I just don't know what to do sometimes. I am trying to do my best to make music for you guys, and make it good. But multiple times I can't get my songs to be as good as I want them to be. And I have no help to make it good...

I feel like it'd be a betrayal to you when I can't give you the top of the line quality, but I can't make it myself. I just can't compose and arrange if my life depended on it.

This is half of the reason you haven't seen an update in so long. I've trashed 2/3 of my music because it's just not good enough. And sometimes I feel as if I can't do it at all. Like right now, which I'm completely burnt out from trying.

I know you guys expect so much out of me, and I should only give the very best. And I'm not sure if I can give that anymore. I'm just...not sure...

I'm sorry I'm not sticking to my promised updates. I've tried, and it's not working.

Sorry guys
Old April 23, 2010, 09:59:30 PM
Charizard

ha ha ha, poor Chris, I think you are making this reorchestration thing more of a job than a thing you do for fun. Don't worry about trying to impress us, just make the music because you want to make it, if it doesn't come out "perfect," who cares? You aren't letting any of us down 'cuz we all expect just a pokefan making music, nothing pro or anything, whether you achieve the "pro" sound or not, we got your back 100% of the way. Don't worry about posting a piece you don't like, you'll only stress yourself trying to make it the best the first time and trying to figure it out when you can simply let us help you out. If not, you always got me who has been there since the start to help out lol.
Old April 24, 2010, 03:28:14 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
ha ha ha, poor Chris, I think you are making this reorchestration thing more of a job than a thing you do for fun. Don't worry about trying to impress us, just make the music because you want to make it, if it doesn't come out "perfect," who cares? You aren't letting any of us down 'cuz we all expect just a pokefan making music, nothing pro or anything.
^This.
We like your music because it is good, not because it is perfect. Also, creating/editing music is a hobby of yours, not a task of some sort. Therefore, don't take it too seriously.

Last edited by Shadow; April 24, 2010 at 03:28:37 AM.
Old April 24, 2010, 12:41:04 PM
Servine

Thanks for the support guys, I guess so anyway.

I just don't know...

I'm not saying I'm quitting or anything, I'm just feeling like I...I don't know.

I know it's supposed to be fun, and I was so against this before, but I realized after time, without obligation to my fans, I am not getting anywhere, the only way to ever succeed is to follow what they'd like.

And obviously, statistics have shown, what I was doing in the past isn't good enough for people. Sheesh, 90% of people just overlook me. I must be doing SOMETHING wrong, but I have no clue what.

Sheesh, I even have people who know music composition, and they tell me this and that about what could be improved, but they neither tell me HOW, or even CONSIDER helping me with it.

I'm just caught in a bad position, and I have no clue what else to do about it =/.

I don't know what else I can say...
Old May 2, 2010, 07:54:43 AM
Charizard

Quote:
And obviously, statistics have shown, what I was doing in the past isn't good enough for people. Sheesh, 90% of people just overlook me. I must be doing SOMETHING wrong, but I have no clue what.

Sheesh, I even have people who know music composition, and they tell me this and that about what could be improved, but they neither tell me HOW, or even CONSIDER helping me with it.
Well, I think it's just fine. But, maybe other people expected something different. Ok, here's an idea! In your next remix, try to have a different motive in your mind. Lemme put it this way, this idea may help you out, people often like to hear remixes and reorchestration as if they were in a movie. So try to have the song sound as if it was played by an entire orchestra and and try to imagine your song as if it was in a movie. Maybe then, more people will like it. I still like it either way, but try this idea for others.

This is a cool video that was made with Finale Notepad. Yet, despite his resource, he made a very interesting orchestration. It doesn't exactly sound "movie" like but it still has suspense to it. Hope this helps buddy, can't wait to hear your next reorchestration! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkba5g4V_mU

Last edited by Darkrai; May 2, 2010 at 07:55:38 AM.
Old May 5, 2010, 04:33:43 PM
Servine

Quote:
Well, I think it's just fine. But, maybe other people expected something different. Ok, here's an idea! In your next remix, try to have a different motive in your mind. Lemme put it this way, this idea may help you out, people often like to hear remixes and reorchestration as if they were in a movie. So try to have the song sound as if it was played by an entire orchestra and and try to imagine your song as if it was in a movie. Maybe then, more people will like it. I still like it either way, but try this idea for others.

This is a cool video that was made with Finale Notepad. Yet, despite his resource, he made a very interesting orchestration. It doesn't exactly sound "movie" like but it still has suspense to it. Hope this helps buddy, can't wait to hear your next reorchestration! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkba5g4V_mU
Thanks Darkrai, I guess.

And I've been trying that. But it doesn't seem like anything I do is working =/.

That's why I'm taking such a long rest from it...
Old May 6, 2010, 08:44:13 PM
Charizard

Eh Chris, what can I say. Everyone here loves your music yet you aren't satisfied with it. I think the problem is you specialize in your own little style but you want to learn a different style of music. I gave ya an idea but I still want to hear the way you do things, I think it's awesome and I'm not the only one here who thinks so. If what you need is a break, it's alright but know that we are expecting you to come back soon.

Heh, I've seen your work since the beginning and all I can say is that you are improving. You're doing a mighty fine job but don't stress yourself there.
Old May 7, 2010, 02:39:34 PM
Servine

Quote:
Eh Chris, what can I say. Everyone here loves your music yet you aren't satisfied with it. I think the problem is you specialize in your own little style but you want to learn a different style of music. I gave ya an idea but I still want to hear the way you do things, I think it's awesome and I'm not the only one here who thinks so. If what you need is a break, it's alright but know that we are expecting you to come back soon.

Heh, I've seen your work since the beginning and all I can say is that you are improving. You're doing a mighty fine job but don't stress yourself there.
If everyone here loves my music, why then, does next to no one ever comment on it? =/
Old May 7, 2010, 10:51:42 PM
Charizard

Next to no one? I wouldn't say that... And just cuz' you don't get too many comments, that doesn't mean that's all the people who listen. Some people may just listen and don't bother to comment.
Eh Chris, you are trying to be pessimistic about this, try to look at the bright side. You have a skill of music, you have fans and friends alike just waiting 'till the next song, just this alone should make you happy. From that mindset, simply think, "I made this well and everyone loved it, so next piece, I'll surprise them even more, and slowly, your skill will grow, don't expect things overnight. Being optimistic will give you a better urge that you enjoy doing this and you enjoy the few fans you have and wanting to make them excited. Being pessimistic will make everything seem like a chore and you will have the mindset of ugh, these just won't come out right! ow am I going to get more people to like my music if I can't even do this right! Like this, you just want more people to like it rather then letting it grow. Another way put, you are trying to make the horse drink water.
I dunno, I don't think I'm being helpful here but I try. You see, I use this optimistic mindset with my videos. I don't think about how horrible my videos were before, I just look at how good it is and think how to make it better. Then I look at other people's techniques and take what I like to make a new idea. Take a look at my youtube and see the improvement. Slowly by slowly, I'm getting name. A recent video I did already got me a few people asking some favors for vids for websites etc. or working on fanfilms. It took me a while but I simply took my vids and thought, how to make it better rather then see my vids, think how horrible, then go do homework while grumbling to myself about how hard it is then end up improving a bad part but then making a previous good thing into a bad one. It's kinda hard to explain but I hope you get my message. If not, just ignore it lol.
Old May 7, 2010, 11:55:31 PM
Zoroark

I really honestly enjoy your music, and try listening to all of them, just that I have slow download speeds and each song takes 5 minutes. But seriously, all your music is good!
Old May 8, 2010, 01:48:39 PM
Administrator

If you don't release anything, it makes it seem like you've gotten busy with other projects and school. I think it's much better for you to at least release your works in progress, even if you don't think they're that great, because we'll probably enjoy them anyway. Then we can give you critique to help you make a second version of the song.