Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Music and Audio
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think?
EPIC WIN 0 0%
I don't know... Let me listen to it again... 1 33.33%
Go die in a hole, that sucked. 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old June 25, 2010, 10:36:52 AM
Haxorus

Default My Musics

Most of you already know that I am in a band called Norris. For those who don't, taste the joy with the Are Gods EP, an online-only EP featuring five of our best tracks, handpicked by yours truly.

Personnel:

C. Perez: Producer, Mixer, Guitar, Vocals, Synth, Drums (Tracks 3 and 5), Sampling (Track 4), Writing, Lyrics (Tracks 3 and 5)
T. Traina: Bass, Vocals (Tracks 2 and 4), Synth (Tracks 2 and 4), Tambourine, Maracas, Writing (Tracks 2 and 4), Lyrics (Track 4)
T. Bajorek: Drums (Track 1) [NOTE: Fired because of offstage debauchery, lack of contribution, and suspected drug abuse; NOT part of the current band]
J. Perez: Vocals (Track 4) [NOTE: Only appears on record because she is guitarist's sister and the only person among us to know the Preamble; NOT part of the current band]

http://www.mediafire.com/?jtmim3jojjg

Last edited by emperorempoleon2; August 12, 2010 at 05:15:44 PM.
Old June 25, 2010, 11:08:19 AM
Volcarona

That doesn't actually contain the music. Put the files themselves in a zip archive.

Last edited by piexing; June 25, 2010 at 11:21:49 AM.
Old June 25, 2010, 11:33:05 AM
Haxorus

Fixed.
Old June 25, 2010, 12:32:31 PM
Volcarona

It's not bad so long as I'm not focused on the audio quality; there's a lot of clipping and it's just hard to listen to it at some points, the third and fifth tracks in particular. I understand that you're not a professional producerguy or anything and I'm sure you don't have the best equipment and stuff and yeah. :3 I like your style, though; some of it sounds like typical alternative rock but a lot of it is weird, dissonant and kind of psychedelic. In a way. Kind of. The second track contains all of this; the distorted chords wouldn't work outside of this situation but the dissonance they create provides contrast to the soft instrumentation. And stuff. :3 I think it'd be cool if you resumed after what are the last two minutes of the track.
Soyeah. I can see where you're coming from from where you're coming but it's hard to appreciate with the quality of these recordings. They're still better than much of the stuff people I've known have produced. :3 Keep it up, though. kthx. :3
That had enough cat faces. :3 Apparently not. One more for good measure. :3
Old June 26, 2010, 09:24:55 AM
Haxorus

USELESS TRIVIA: The ending of Track 2 was recorded backwards. If you play it backwards, you can hear screaming because the bassist's friend tossed a snowball through an open window while we were recording. The snowball hit another friend of the bassist's sister.

Also, the guy who threw the snowball was outside too long without mittens in the middle of winter had terrible frostbite on his hands. The beginning of the recording, before the snowball is thrown, has the bassist saying, "Dude, did you see Nick's hands? They were, like, frickin' purple!"

Last edited by emperorempoleon2; June 26, 2010 at 09:36:19 AM.
Old June 27, 2010, 12:29:46 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorempoleon2 View Post
USELESS TRIVIA: The ending of Track 2 was recorded backwards. If you play it backwards, you can hear screaming because the bassist's friend tossed a snowball through an open window while we were recording. The snowball hit another friend of the bassist's sister.

Also, the guy who threw the snowball was outside too long without mittens in the middle of winter had terrible frostbite on his hands. The beginning of the recording, before the snowball is thrown, has the bassist saying, "Dude, did you see Nick's hands? They were, like, frickin' purple!"
I like things like this. At first it's all like "wat" and hearing the story behind it makes it all clear. And stuff. Yeah, backwards stuff at the end of a track is cool. :3
Old June 27, 2010, 03:38:12 PM
Haxorus

Thanks, pie.
Old August 12, 2010, 05:09:22 PM
Haxorus

MORE USELESS TRIVIA/BUMP: The entirety of the vocal track on Track 3 was recorded backwards. If you reverse the song, you'll hear that the original lyrics were "Whoa, what is this? Whoa, what is this? Whoa, who are you? Whoa, who are you?"
Old September 9, 2010, 05:09:59 PM
Haxorus

BUMP: New track!

This is the sixth track from our upcoming concept album "Unununium Overdose." It's the rise and fall of a serial killer. This is Track 6, "Six Songs is an Album, Right?," named for a quote from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9w880ixq7k39c4b
Old January 13, 2011, 02:45:32 PM
Haxorus

This is a link to a ZIP archive that contains six Norris songs (five of the tracks I've uploaded here, plus one "new" song) placed into GP5's in case you want to learn how to play them on guitar, bass, and/or drums. Pianists, go screw yourselves.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kka3os5za26z7ac

Here is a link to the recording of the bonus track. (This counts as the first official leak of a track from Norris' first album)

http://www.mediafire.com/?b2d881is3nil2g7

Personnel:

PERSONNEL FOR "SIX SONGS IS AN ALBUM, RIGHT?"

C. Perez: Guitar, Vocals, Lyrics, Writing, Mixer, Producer
T. Traina: Bass, Lyrics
S. Dolan: Drums

PERSONNEL FOR "JUST TO STAY ALIVE"

C. Perez: Guitar, Synth, Producer, Mixer, Vocals, Writing, Lyrics
T. Traina: Bass
M. Rodriguez: Drums [NOTE: Fired over relationship with rest of band; NOT part of the current band]