Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 17, 2008, 08:33:50 PM
Administrator

Default New Affiliation Scheme

I have altered my affiliation scheme due to the large amount of boring websites. (I am sorry to those of you who may be offended by this.) A boring website is one that uses a lot of borrowed content from other sites, intended to cover up the fact that the main site actually has very little of its own. I have also reorganized my affiliates list, reversing the order and separating the affiliates with a lot of real content from the ones with less content. If you believe that your site has been incorrectly categorized or wish to affiliate, please send me an e-mail.

In addition to the new division, I have changed my rules for affiliation. To become a basic affiliate, the rules are still the same, but to become a top affiliate, read the revised rules. Thank you for your cooperation.
Old November 18, 2008, 04:57:34 AM
Regigigas

Default Re: New Affiliation Scheme

I'm working on a website of myself but it is going to contain a lot of Flash content such as an intro video, animate logos and buttons, and I may also work in some Flash games as soon as KingofKYA posts his tutorials.

I also need to find a place to host the site. It would be of great help if you could... Tell me how you got yours?
Old November 18, 2008, 08:46:56 AM
Administrator

I paid money for my domain and hosting space. However, you can get a good free website from FreeWebs.
Old November 18, 2008, 12:53:38 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat333pokemon
I paid money for my domain and hosting space. However, you can get a good free website from FreeWebs.
No, no, no. I think the money would be worth it. How much did it cost(in pounds preferably).
Old November 18, 2008, 03:28:54 PM
Administrator

First, you have to pay an annual fee to get a domain name (whatever.com) and then another monthly fee for the host. I pay about $6 per month for hosting and $10 per year for the name. That's about Ł3 per month and Ł5 per year.
Old November 18, 2008, 03:55:21 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat333pokemon
First, you have to pay an annual fee to get a domain name (whatever.com) and then another monthly fee for the host. I pay about $6 per month for hosting and $10 per year for the name. That's about Ł3 per month and Ł5 per year.
Holy ****. That's quite a... I need to call my Father, he hasn't sent his monthly check.

So the fee... It lasts as long as you have your website!? Wow. Hmm... Well, how do you purchase this web domain?
Old November 18, 2008, 04:01:26 PM
Administrator

You can buy them from all over the place. I bought mine from InMotionHosting.
Old November 18, 2008, 04:05:08 PM
Regigigas

Hmm... Cheap. I'll have it up and running in two months(With a little help from Scott[Not you, the one who's good with machines{Okay, so maybe you're good with machines but I'm not referring to you}]).