Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 16, 2009, 01:19:42 AM
Administrator

Question The Floatzel.Net Pokémon Epic

Topic Rules
This is the official Floatzel.Net Pokémon Epic. Guide Cat through his journey to become the ultimate Pokémon Master. I may eventually compile the events of this into a community fan-fiction. Please don't post anything far-fetched, impossible, or un-realistic. If you don't understand, please read through any existing posts before contributing. You simply reply with the next part of the story. It is highly recommended you post at least a decent-sized paragraph, with more being better.

Posts that seriously mess up the story such as "Cat died, the end" will be removed. Plot twists, however, are encouraged as long as they aren't ridiculous. Don't force an ending! Also, please avoid anything spammy/stupid that isn't related, such as "ordering Luigi's Hawt Moves on DVD", "yay Shaymin gets eaten", or "poke Yoshi". That bolded part is important. If you can't help yourself and you find yourself constantly having posts removed, please refrain from replying here.

Finally, do not post any commentary on this topic! A second topic has been created for that.

---------------------

Thunder clashes outside.

Cat awakens to see that it is currently 6:00 in the morning, with rain pouring outside of his bedroom window. A storm has been moving over the skies of Twinleaf Town for the past couple hours. It's finally the day in which he would receive his first Pokémon from Professor Rowan. Cat closes his eyes and falls back asleep.

Morning comes and the clouds begin to clear up and the fresh smell of dew was in the air. Cat dresses, eats breakfast, and steps outside. He ganders over at a small group of Hoppip blowing in the wind. Now he can finally take a Pokémon of his own, on his own journey, on his own adventure!

Cat departs due east, telling his mother good-bye, off towards Rowan's laboratory in Sandgem Town.
Old August 16, 2009, 11:43:58 AM
Administrator

Default Re: The Buizel.Net Pokémon Epic

Cat walks along 201, seeing many other trainers with their Pokémon (most of them being a Starly or Bidoof). The gentle wind blows the leaves on the trees very gently. Cat arrives at Sandgem town, where it is bright and sunny. He pulls out his map to locate the lab. He discovers it is just down the block. Cat walks past a PokéMart, where he sees many potions and Pokéballs on display. Now that he will be receiving his first Pokémon a store like this will become useful. Cat locates the lab and walks in. Rowan notices him come in welcomes him. Cat anxiously mentions that he wants to become a Pokémon trainer and is here to pick up his starter. Rowan is glad that there is another new trainer, but first Cat must pass a new multiple-choice test that has been put in place recently to make sure he is ready to properly train and take care of a monster. Cat sits at a desk and completes the test in record time (10 seconds!). Rowan is surprised at just how much knowledge Cat has. He walks Cat over to a desk where three Pokéballs lie. Cat spent the previous three months deciding who he would want as a started. Cat picks up the Pokéball that contains the grass-type Turtwig. Rowan hands Cat a Pokédex and 6 Pokéballs and wishes Cat good luck on his journey. Cat heads out the door. Cat decides it is time to meet his new friend. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out Turtwig's Pokéball...
Old August 16, 2009, 06:56:13 PM
Shaymin

...but before he has a chance to release Turtwig from its ball, a rather impatient-looking boy running towards Rowan's lab at a quick dash slams into Cat and knocks him over! Cat barely has time to recover from the confusion before he can recognize his neighbor, Barry. In the small town of Twinleaf, Barry was a legend for his impulsive, reckless attitude and had a knack for rushing events and forgetting things. Today, for example, Cat noticed that Barry was in such a rush to start his OWN Pokémon journey that he had left his bag full of supplies at home. Cat stands up and attempts to greet Barry, but the hurried boy makes a mad run for Rowan's Lab and enters the building instead. With a shrug, Cat picks up the PokéBall he dropped and tosses it into the air to meet his new partner, Turtwig! The grass turtle Pokémon stands in front of Cat, his eyes slowly analyzing its new enviroment before setting its gaze on its new friend. Cat smiles and beckons the Turtwig to follow him on their quest to become a Pokémon Master.
Old August 16, 2009, 08:30:58 PM
Administrator

A girl steps out of Rowan's lab and greets Cat. "Hello, my name is Dawn. Are you one of the new guys from Twinleaf?" Cat affirmed, and replied with his own "Hello" and shook her hand. "I'm from Twinleaf, and so is Barry, the guy who just rushed in."

Dawn was Rowan's assistant. Cat had seen her several times over the last few years at the mart and Trainer School in Jubilife City. She was one of the best students in class, deemed eligible of a trainer license immediately after her tenth birthday. In fact, Cat had often admired her, with his own grades not much less than hers.

But now Cat is 18. It took him a while to finally want to begin a journey, but he decided the wait was worth it. He could avoid the "noobish" years, when most think it's okay to train for all attack moves or maximum offense with little defense.

Cat waved bye to Dawn, knowing he'd see her several more times on his adventure. After all, beyond Sinnoh, he would still be left to travel off to Johto, a place he visited when he was nine.
Old August 18, 2009, 06:26:46 PM
Regigigas

Cat stepped out of the lab and onto the path. The breeze brought the scents of the morning to him, tantalizing him with the scent of newborn dew, beckoning gently, playfully, and guiding him east. Looking over the emerald blades of grass, Cat gazed to the east, where the sun, still rising, shone brightly above the ridge. At the edge of the sky stood a mass of beautiful evergreens, their tops arrows pointing Cat's eyes skyward, as if encouraging him to look upon the sun.

For season after season, from his earliest of days, Cat dreamed of this moment, this sun. Yet being in the moment, a brittle sense of unfeeling was with him. Even as the winds caressed him, the purpose of this day did not seem to resonate. A year's worth of emotion felt unspent, tucked in the many corners of his spirit, and he wanted desperately a sense of release, and expected a sense of joy that seemed not present.

To the east lay the morning sun. He looked upon it, and glanced down. Poised forward on the path beside him, his new companion gazed into the distance. A smile wandered onto his face, seeing his Turtwig. Cat turned his gaze again to the sun. What is it about this sunrise, he wondered, that seems so important? The day was bright, the air fresh and clear. Still the wind tugged him forward, but his thoughts rooted him to where he stood, before the newborn sun. Its warmth filled him, more so than he had ever felt before.

And suddenly the thought came to him. I am that sun, he thought, shining with potential, radiating the hope of countless paths, like rays of sunlight, ready to be followed. This moment was the nexus of his life, from which his future was bright and held limitless possibility. He thought of the battles he had seen on television, of the contests he had viewed as a child. He thought of the trainers he had seen that morning. He thought of the gyms, and their leaders that he had always envied. There were many paths to become a Master. He looked upon the sun, thinking all these things, glowing with confidence, filled with energy. And like the light of the sun, he imagined, I must always be moving. There is no purpose in remaining stationary, not with this much potential before me.

He let the breeze carry him east, into the sunlight.
Old August 20, 2009, 07:48:35 PM
Shaymin

Cat started his journey to the next town over, a somewhat small yet busy city known as Jubilife. With PokéBalls in hand and Turtwig at his foot, he began to walk into the tall grass. The words repeatedly uttered by his mother rang in his ears:

"Whatever you do, don't walk into the tall grass! It's dangerous and wild Pokémon might attack you!"

"Yeah yeah yeah, I get it now, Mom... I've got my own Pokémon now, how bad can it be?" Cat spoke to himself.

Cat made his first step towards the grassy field. He began shuffling through the blades, and yet no Pokémon had appeared to him. "Mom's such a liar. Nothing's jumping out at me, or attacking me..."

As if the words he spoke were cursed, a dark Pokémon with a blue tinge came towards him and attacked! It was a cute, cat-like creature with yellow electric sparks shooting from its paws. Cat immediately sent Turtwig into battle and pulled out Rowan's Pokédex.

"Shinx, the Flash Pokémon. All of its fur dazzles if danger is sensed. It flees while the foe is momentarily blinded."

Leaping at the opportunity to add a new member to his team, Cat commanded Turtwig to engage Shinx in a Pokémon battle.

"Turtwig! Tackle!"

Turtwig rushed forward, and with a hearty "TWEEEEEEG!" rammed into his foe with a heavy force that sent the Shinx sprawling backwards. Not to be deterred by its depleted stamina, the wild kitten charged with a Tackle of its own. But fortunately for Turtwig, the wild Shinx's attack missed!

Cat determined that THIS was the moment for a capture attempted. Holding an empty PokéBall aloft, Cat tossed it at the Shinx with a loud yell. "Hyaah! Got'cha, Shinx!"

Shinx was quickly transformed into a strange energy, shrunk, and swallowed by the PokéBall. Now Cat had to wait for the Shinx to adapt to its new home, or escape.

One shake...

Two shakes...

Three shakes!

"Gotcha! I caught a Shinx!"
Old August 22, 2009, 09:05:01 PM
Regigigas

Default Re: The Floatzel.Net Pokémon Epic

Pride surged through Cat, pouring out through a huge grin, and creating in him a radiant happiness. He could hardly believe that he had caught his first Pokémon so easily. Still trembling with excitement and adrenaline, he reached gingerly for the Pokéball which lay on the grass before him. Looking down as he reached, his eyes met Turtwig's. The turtle Pokémon had a pleased, yet simple smile across its face, and the leaf adorning it shone brighter than before. Turtwig turned to take a look at the Pokéball, creeping carefully towards it. The turtle Pokémon reached out and tapped it curiously twice. It quipped its name proudly as Cat grasped the Pokéball in his hand.

Cat looked at the surface of the Pokéball. It glistened in the sun as he held it, illuminating its brilliant red and silver halves. The button on its center glowed, as if calling out to his sense of pride and curiosity. Savoring the moment, Cat gently slid his thumb across the button's sliver surface. He admired its elegance, and wondered briefly what the Shinx was experiencing inside. Then, holding his arm out parallel to the ground, he pressed the button on the ball, releasing a flash of color and light.

The Shinx looked up at him, then over to Turtwig. It turned its head questioningly, then spoke its name inquisitively to Turtwig several times. Turtwig responded in kind, and the two began to converse freely. Cat watched them with satisfaction, yet felt lost. It had always puzzled him that Pokémon could communicate so openly with only the syllables of their name; as a child, Cat had envied them. As he watched his two Pokémon speak, helplessness assailed Cat. Seeing trainers on television who seemed to carry little concern for their Pokémon, Cat was filled with resentment. Cat wanted to know his Pokémon intimately, to understand their motives, their minds, their souls, to understand them as well, if not better, than he knew himself. He knew that there were Pokémon capable of telepathy that could overcome the gulf of understanding, and Cat was determined to catch one.

Turtwig looked up from its conversation with Shinx. It saw the contemplation in Cat's eyes, and wanted eagerly for him to be a part of their amusement. It walked over to Cat, and gently grabbed onto his leg with its beak. Cat looked down and smiled. Turtwig released his leg and smiled back. Shinx came up behind Turtwig and playfully tackled it. Turtwig spun around and the two began a friendly game of chase. Cat looked up, gazing upon the skyline of Jubilife City. There was no doubt that he would learn more about his Pokémon through time and experience. But the day was young, and he was eager to explore his next destination.
Old October 11, 2009, 08:00:48 PM
Shaymin

Cat, Turtwig, and Shinx took a few more steps from the end of the road, and found themselves in a small, yet busy city with many apartment buildings, houses, businesses, and people and Pokémon. Cat called his two friends back into their PokéBalls and moved on. He was now in Jubilife City, the main city of Sinnoh. This city brought back many memories of Trainer's School and studying and practicing battles.

"Ah! Now that I think about it, why don't I pay them a visit?"

Cat walked onto the Pokémon Trainer School campus, a very large building that taught 12 grades of education and Pokémon training. He immediately noticed vast improvements from the architechtural redesign that was planned a few months back.

Out of the corner of his eye, Cat recognized a familiar blur, a rather hurried boy... What was Barry doing at school? And what's more, how did he get ahead of Cat?! He was walking the same route Barry logically was!

Cat decided to slow Barry down and greet him.

"Barry! Hey, it's me, Cat!"

Barry made a sharp curve from his straight running path and tripped over himself, sending him spiraling over the ground.

"OWWWWW!!!"

Barry was very out of breath and tired. "H-Hey Cat, can't talk now, in a bit of a rush, gotta pick somethings up from school, left them behind when I graduated..."

"I never would have guessed."

"Oh, hey, I heard you became a Pokémon Trainer, that's cool, got my own Pokémon also, it's a uh... uh...Chimp...coal..."

"A Chimchar."

"Yeah whatever, so listen, Cat, have you seen my stuff? I got my things from my locker but I don't have my bag, do you know where it could be, 'cuz I need to know, I spent all night packing it...."

"I would imagine they're at your place..."

"OH CRAP! WHAT JUST WENT DOWN? YOU'RE TELLING ME I LEFT MY STUFF AT MY PARENT'S PLACE!!? OH MAN OH MAN, NOW I GOTTA GO ALL THE WAY BACK HOME!!!!!!"

In an even madder dash then usual, Barry began running off into the distance, off to Route 202.

Cat simply stared at Barry, or rather, where Barry was, and tried to think of a reason Barry acted like that all the time.

..."Yeah, I got no explanation for his behavior."
Old October 30, 2009, 05:07:27 AM
Linoone

As Cat watched Barry run off, he bumps into a strange man.
The mans says he's a part of a secret service.
After saying that sentence, he gives Cat a Vs. Recorder.
As Cat explore Jubilife City, Cat sees a man with a a Pokemon Watch.
Cat says "Hey! Where did you get that?"
The man says "Talk to those three clowns. They have riddles for
you to answer. Answer them correctly, and I'll give you
my Poketch." Cat quickly answers the questions and talks
to the man again."Done....(pant....pant...) Can I have the
Poketch now...?(pant....pant...)" , Cat says.
"Here you go you young spelunker! And there is somthing else,
I'm the maker of the Poketch! Here's a bonus app for answering
the questions so quickly!" Cat says thank you and runs off
to explore Jubilife!
Old November 6, 2009, 02:32:00 PM
Giratina

Cat continued on his journey, heading to Orebrough. On the way, while playing around with his new Poketch he falls over something. It's Barry, back already, barely out of breath, and looking down on Cat. He takes one glance at Cat's watch, and immediately starts asking questions. After answering countless questions such as 'What's that?', 'How does it work?' and 'What does it do?', Barry finally runs back to Jubilife and Cat continues onwards. Out of the bushes jumps a Starly!
Cat sends out Shinx, and after two Spark attacks the Starly has nearly fainted, so Cat threw a Pokéball. The Starly finds enough energy to knock it away, but it looked completely exhausted afterwards. Just in case, Cat tells Shinx to use Thunder Wave. One more Pokéball and Starly's caught! After recording it in his Pokédex Cat continued on his journey
Old November 17, 2009, 04:45:55 PM
Linoone

After Cat caught Starly, he nicknamed
it Star. Cat walked along the the path.
"Hmmmm... On the map it says there's
another city the opposite direction from
here. I wonder if I should go there.."
Cat rushed in the other direction and
fell off the bridge. "WHY DOES THIS
HAVE TO HAPPEN TO ME AND NOT BARRY!"
As Cat climbed back on the bridge, he
saw a worried fisherman. "Why can't
I catch anything with this?" "Hey.
What's wrong?" "I can't catch a
darn thing with this fishing rod!
Can you try to catch something?"
"Ok." Cat's first try - fails-
Cat's second try - fails-

-THRITY TRIES LATER-

"Finally!" Cat hooked a Tentacool!

Will Cat catch it?
Old November 17, 2009, 05:11:25 PM
Shaymin

Cat sends out shinx and tells it to use spark on tentacool. Tentacool almost fainted but it hung on so cat calls back shinx and throws a pokeball out comes starly. Cat tells starly to use tackle then he throws a pokeball *shake*.....*shake*.......out came tentacool. He trys again *shake*.....*shake*..........*shake*. Yes Tentacool was caught. Cat records it on his pokedex. He decides to turn around and go to Oreburg on the way he sees wild pokemon everywhere he stops to look at his map. He hears a weird sound from the bush beside him he checks it out. WOW its a wild Bidoof.
Old November 17, 2009, 05:40:44 PM
Shaymin

Cat stared long...and hard... and longer... and harder... at the Bidoof.

The Bidoof stared long... and hard... and longer... and harder... at Cat.

Cat sat down and continued to stare. He only had two PokeBalls left. He contemplated either letting the Bidoof go, or actually lifting a finger and fighting it.

The Bidoof fell asleep due to the incessant staring contest. Cat decided a beaver wasn't worth his time and walked into Oreburgh Cave.

Cat walked by many a Zubat, tripped over a Geodude, and got annoyed by the dark. A distance away, he heard, "Trainer! Trainer! It's time for a battle!" A few minutes later, he realized that the voice was talking to him. Cat randomly found himself in a battle between a camping scout boy.

"Go, Sandshrew! Use Scratch!"

Cat sends out his Turtwig on the spot. Having leveled up some, Turtwig was now ready for most opponents he would encounter around his level.

"Turtwig! Razor Leaf, now!"

Turtwig avoided Sandshrew's meager swipe and countered with two sharp, razor edged leaves. The Sandshrew collapsed from taking too much in one hit and fainted.

Cat thought to himself: "Wow, this is my first real Trainer battle and it just sorta randomly happened... a bit anti-climatic too...stupid Camper kids..."

Cat was paid his winning prize money, was given a compliment, and moved on to the end of the cave, stepping through the light into Oreburgh City.
Old November 17, 2009, 06:37:26 PM

As Cat stepped out of the murky cave, he winced as the light of the sun entered his eyes again. When he regained his sight, he stood in sunlight, trying to get a feel for the city.

Ah! He thought to himself. I need to go get some supplies.

He wandered around the street, browsing for any street vendors. No good deals were to be found on any items of interest. One salesman was actually trying to sell a Magikarp to Cat, claiming to sell it with a solid gold Pokéball. Cat, being the smart trainer as he is, avoided the obvious scam.

He eventually made his way to the nearest Pokémart. As he walked in, he was greeted warmly by the clerks.

"Welcome!" One said enthusiastically. "Today, we have a sale on Pokéballs. If you buy ten, you get a Premier Ball free!"

"How can I pass that up?" Cat responded to the clerk. "I'll take ten Pokéballs then, and 2 potions please."

"Okay, that will be 2600 please."

Cat happily handed the clerk the money he had saved, and the spoils from his battle. He still had some left, but decided to save it for later. Cat exited the store and made his way to the nearest Pokémon Center.
Old November 18, 2009, 07:16:27 AM
Giratina

After healing his Pokémon and E-mailing his mom, Cat went on with his quest of Pokémon Master. When he reached the gym he heard speedy foot steps... SLAM! Out can Barry, hyper as always. He turned to Cat and started complaining.
"The gym leader's not here! Why isn't he here? If this game wasn't a 3+ I would curse my ass off!" Barry proceeded to whizz down the road towards the Pokémon Center that Cat had just been to.
The Gym assistant at the door was about to tell Barry something before he ran off, but he didn't get the chance. He told Cat, instead, that Gym Leader was working down at the mines to the south of the city. After thanking the assistant, Cat went down the road, but the opposite way from Barry - Towards the mines.
Old January 12, 2010, 02:26:10 PM
Kyurem

As Cat walked into the mines, he noticed several Geodude sprawled across the ground. Careful not to step on any, Cat walked cautiously walked through the cave until a Zubat flew into the back of his head! Cat called out his Shinx to take the bat out with Spark, but Zubat struck first with Supersonic. Not wanting to risk Shinx's HP, Cat switched Shinx for Star and had her Tackle the bat. Zubat took the hit quite hard, and lay on the ground of the mine. Cat didn't want to catch the Zubat, but didn't want it to stay hurt so he used one of his potions on the Zubat, and it flew away, gratefully calling "Zubat!". As Cat walked through some supports in the mine, he noticed that right in front of him was a massive piece of coal, surrounded by Miners and their Machops. One Machop was sprinting toward Cat, and he soon realized it was a wild Machop...
Old April 22, 2010, 08:18:48 AM
Linoone

Cat realized that the machop was oddly colored and rushed in to catch it.
As the machop ran deeper into the cave, Cat surely followed.
After three hours of running, the machop fell out and Cat took
advantage of the rare opportunity and caught it.
A strange man approached Cat.
What will he do?
Will he battle him?
Old May 8, 2010, 02:57:41 PM
Zoroark

Cat soon realized that the man was none other than Roark, the Oreburgh Gym Leader. "Come meet me in my gym, and we'll battle there." Roark said. Cat, believing that he could easily beat Roark.

While leaving the mines, a Geodude attacked! Cat sent out Turtwig, "Turwig use Razor Leaf!" The Geodude barely hung on, so Cat used a PokeBall.

Will Cat catch the Geodude?
Old May 8, 2010, 03:13:24 PM
Giratina

One wobble...

Two wobble...

Three wobble...

NO! The Geodude escaped from the ball! Cat could see in the Geodude's eyes that it was angry, but continued to battle. Unfortunately, the Geodude used Rock Slide on the Turtwig, knocking it out! Cat, panicing, decided to run from the Geodude, back to the Pokémon Centre.
Old May 9, 2010, 11:24:33 AM
Zoroark

After healing Turtwig, Shinx, and Star; he noticed that Turtwig was ignoring him. He tried playing with it, practicing battles, but nothing. Yet Cat thought he could still easily beat Roark in the Gym.

As Cat entered the Gym, a Trainer challenged Cat to a battle. Cat called out turtwig and easily beat the Trainer.

Soon after, another Trainer called upon Cat to battle. Cat, thinking for a change of tactics, used Star against an Onix.